Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1149220 Jun 10, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
These Islamic militants spilled over into Iraq from Syria's civil war. I hope these aren't the same militants Obama wanted to help.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/world/middl...
Obama never met an Islamic radical that he didn't want to support with American tax dollars.....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1149221 Jun 10, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq did not have AlQuaeda there before we invaded their country and created a hotbed of terrorism. The city of Mosul has been taken by an AlQuaeda group today. If those men, along with all the others held at Gitmo were truly that dangerous; I don't understand why they weren't just killed somewhere instead of bringing them here and holding them for years without charging them. There is no possible way to rid the world of international terrorism completely. I think that our presence in those countries is a detriment; there are other ways to thwart terrorist plots by the use of law enforcement and covert CIA operations and the Drone program. Limiting their ability to obtain arms etc. However, as long as people have money to buy arms; someone will sell it to them. Drug sales fuel arms purchases. Who are the majority of drug buyers? Americans. Bush gave the Taliban $400 million to eradicate the poppy fields; well, the production of heroin as increased by something like 160%! Europe, Russia, and the US are experiencing an increase in street heroin the likes of which we have not seen since the 70's.
If you cannot comprehend that the actions of the US and it's allies in the Middle East has increased terrorism, then you are naïve. We need to get out of there completely. Period.
Come what may. We as a nation cannot hold people forever without charging them. There has to be an end.
We provided support, weapons and training to the Afghanis when Russia invaded their country. The Taliban grew out of that group of Afghanis.

We got rid of Saddam and his thugs in Kuwait when Iraq invaded their country as well.

So I have no trouble comprehending our actions in the Middle East. We've done far more good than bad.

Perhaps if the Middle East at least made an effort to catch up to the 21st century, it might help.
Ken YaYa

Palm Coast, FL

#1149222 Jun 10, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Ted Cruz's Wish Is Finally Granted: He Is No Longer Canadian
""After many, many months of promising to renounce his Canadian citizenship, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) has finally achieved that goal.
Cruz's Canadian citizenship was officially terminated in May, according to the Dallas Morning News. The senator was notified by mail of the renunciation a few days ago.
“He’s pleased to receive the notification and glad to have this process finalized,” Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier told the paper.
Cruz released his birth certificate to the Dallas Morning News last August to quell speculation that he was a Canadian citizen, not an American. His plan backfired when the paper pointed out that Cruz's birth in Calgary, Alberta to an American mother likely made him a dual citizen.""
----------
So he's no longer Canadian?? Well, he sure isn't American, either.
Another Obama birth?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1149223 Jun 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
None. However, in the United States, babies are 50 percent more likely to die on the same day they were born than in all of the other industrialized countries combined because Republicans don't believe that that poor and minority women deserve pre-natal care. Using your logic, that would make Republicans responsible for the deaths of nearly 11,300 babies per day.
your statistics are grossly inflated.......

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/us-...

and what is the white rate, for comparison with "other industrialized countries" instead of Third World countries???....

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1149224 Jun 10, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me son, what law did bushie boy break by invading iraq at national expense?
"yuck"
Young lady you should think before you post. All your liberal hero's, biden, hilaroius, pelousy, kerry, noboma, chuckie, hirless either voted for or supported the action in Iraq. They had the same information that Bush had. I can hardly wait, a looney liberal response will be coming from you, Bush lied. Do your thing, be a troll, spew the company lie.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1149225 Jun 10, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really up to date, it is already been released about 30 times now, that the wife was a campaign worker for Obama and her and bubby met at an Occupy trash in. These two were two bit leftist anarchists. You can lie all you want, but facts are facts.
here's his Facebook page. seems he really likes the tea party and hates Obama.

https://www.facebook.com/jerad.miller.1/likes

so what right wing lie will cover that up?
Patrick

United States

#1149226 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Leaving residual troops to maintain the peace and train armies in any country after any war is the norm.
Obama left Iraq to its own defenses and will soon do the same in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
What do you think is going to happen? The enemy didn't declare this war over. Only Obama.
So with your plan,, another 4000 Soldiers dead because of the lie of WMD in Iraq?

Orlando, FL

#1149227 Jun 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Palling Around With Domestic Terrorists
Among their numerous Facebook photos is this one which shows Jerad Miller, one of the two shooters, posing with former Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack.
When Fox News was in the middle of relentlessly promoting the Cliven Bundy militia, they had Richard Mack on the air when he said this:
“We were actually strategizing to put all the women up at the front. If they are going to start shooting, it’s going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers.”
Between announcing their plans to overthrow the government, overthrow President Obama, take “their country back,” holding rallies in Washington to overthrow the government, and threatening to enact “Second Amendment remedies,” one can hardly differentiate between empty rhetoric posted by right wing extremists and real, actual threats.
The shear scope and amount of violent, anti-government rhetoric has reached a point where it would take an overwhelming amount of resources to sort fact from fiction.
http://bobcesca.thedailybanter.com/blog-archi...
still cute?
Jerad Miller called a recorded help line of Indiana's motor vehicles bureau after he was pulled over in Nevada and found to have a suspended license from the state he had recently left. At the end of the call, Miller said, "If they come to arrest me for noncompliance or whatever, I'm just going to start shooting people," according to agency spokeswoman Danielle Dean.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/vegas-gunma...

This guy had it in for cops for some reason.

Be careful about labeling crazy people to politics and ideologies.

Remember Bill Ayres was an extremist and tried to kill cops too. He became Obama's bud.

So you don't want to go there - in other words.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1149228 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Leaving residual troops past the deadline was always on the table and part of the agreement between the U.S. and Iraq.
Qasim Abed, a former governor of Anbar province, expressed his frustration at the ongoing fighting in Iraq saying it is taking longer than it should to expel al-Qaeda militants who have seized parts of Fallujah and Ramadi in some of the worst fighting since American forces withdrew from Iraq in 2011.
Abed said he longs for a U.S. presence because American forces are viewed as independent and efficient fighters.
"If American troops were available this would be over in 24 hours," he said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014...
So whether or not Obama should have put up a bigger fight to keep residual troops there doesn't matter anymore. Iraqis are on their own and if the enemy wins, not only do the Iraqis lose but so does the U.S. and all the blood and treasure that was sacrificed.
Iraq is on it's own because they wanted it that way. told us to get the hell out.

but you know that already.
Patrick

United States

#1149229 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Again the sarcasm. You can't praise FDR and the Democrats for implementing SS and then blame me for reaping the benefits.
We will never know the alternative of not having FDR's New Deal or the Democrats' big government nanny state.
There would have been alternatives. Perhaps, much better ones.
Libertarians seem to always have government jobs of benefits :-)
-Angela

Orlando, FL

#1149230 Jun 10, 2014
spocko wrote:
Obama’s conservative critics want to argue that releasing or transferring detainees from Guantanamo is dangerous, how do they explain why no one said a word during the Bush/Cheney era. In fact, the Bush/Cheney administration released or transferred 532 detainees from the prison at Guantanamo
Think of inedible fish getting caught in a huge net of tuna fishermen.

Bush/Cheney threw back the ones who weren't dangerous but just got caught in the net.

Does that help clarify it for you?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1149231 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerad Miller called a recorded help line of Indiana's motor vehicles bureau after he was pulled over in Nevada and found to have a suspended license from the state he had recently left. At the end of the call, Miller said, "If they come to arrest me for noncompliance or whatever, I'm just going to start shooting people," according to agency spokeswoman Danielle Dean.
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/vegas-gunma...
This guy had it in for cops for some reason.
Be careful about labeling crazy people to politics and ideologies.
Remember Bill Ayres was an extremist and tried to kill cops too. He became Obama's bud.
So you don't want to go there - in other words.
LMAO

Ayers met Obama all of 2 times. and i'll go where ever the facts take me. like Miller's Facebook page.

seems he REALLY liked the Tea Party.

Orlando, FL

#1149232 Jun 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
Ayers met Obama all of 2 times. and i'll go where ever the facts take me. like Miller's Facebook page.
You have no idea how many times Ayres and Obama met. They were actually colleagues at one point.

Again, if you're just going to go by this guy's facebook page, it seems he liked libertarians too.

So let's not blame libertarians or Ron Paul for this crazy person's hatred of policemen either.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1149233 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea how many times Ayres and Obama met. They were actually colleagues at one point.
Again, if you're just going to go by this guy's facebook page, it seems he liked libertarians too.
So let's not blame libertarians or Ron Paul for this crazy person's hatred of policemen either.
you have an idea? proof? not nutjob 'proof'. some real facts for once.

and you can try to deflect Miller's right wing leanings, but it's way too late to stop that train. the Gadsen flag association to the Tea Party went international about 1 hour after the Las Vegas newspapers threw it up on the net.
Uncle Si

United States

#1149234 Jun 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
2 times really? but somehow Bill Ayers was able to write Obama's book about his life and that claim comes right out of Bill Ayers mouth. Google it.

Orlando, FL

#1149235 Jun 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
You have no idea how many times Ayres and Obama met. Apparently, Ayres chose Obama to sit on the board of his Annenberg Challenge foundation for nearly 5 years indicating a close relationship.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-63886

But if you're going to go just by this guy's facebook page, he seemed to like libertarians too.

So let's not blame libertarians and Ron Paul for this crazy guy's hatred of policemen either.
TPRTY

East Hartford, CT

#1149237 Jun 10, 2014
Pelosi Reduced To Blithering Incoherence When A Teenager Asks Her About The NSA Scandal

A teenager, who was granted an audience [with] House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, decided to ask her about the NSA scandal. Her answer is really a marvelous example of someone who 1) has no clue and 2) was caught off guard.

The teen was clearly asking the question from a libertarian standpoint, as his premise made it clear that he is no fan of some of the NSA’s more infamous activities.

“Why do you support the NSA’s illegal and ubiquitous data collection?” he asked.

“Well I… I… do not &#8722; I have questions about the metadata collection that they were, uh, collecting, unless they had a reason to do so,” she replied.

That clears everything up, doesn’t it?

In the end, she must have realized how bad it was going for her so she resorted to a favorite tactic. She blamed Bush.

Actually, that just made her look a lot worse.

Have a look at the video below.

http://downtrend.com/brian-carey/pelosi-reduc...

Orlando, FL

#1149238 Jun 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you have an idea? proof? not nutjob 'proof'. some real facts for once.
and you can try to deflect Miller's right wing leanings, but it's way too late to stop that train. the Gadsen flag association to the Tea Party went international about 1 hour after the Las Vegas newspapers threw it up on the net.
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-63886

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/08/obamas...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/200...

Night.
Uncle Si

United States

#1149239 Jun 10, 2014
Dave Brat won Virginia primary so Eric Cantor will be cleaning his office out....
TPRTY

East Hartford, CT

#1149240 Jun 10, 2014
The Cloward–Piven Strategy and Barack Hussein Obama

¨Overloading the U.S. public welfare system in order to precipitate a crisis that would lead to a replacement of the welfare system with a national system of 'a guaranteed annual income and thus an end to poverty.'¨

Overload with, oh I don't know, say thousands of helpless refugees and then family members coming in droves to join them? How much of a push does our fragile system need to tip it past the point of no return?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Abby 12-28 23 min Cass 3
Amy 12-28-14 29 min Cass 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 42 min PEllen 98,885
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 50 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,920
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 49,370
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 71,278
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 1 hr rico 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,195
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:22 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:22AM