Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419341 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1150547 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
all lies....scumbag Capps trying to avoid liability....
That will be for the courts to decide. I bet that's the first and last time she personally tries to help a veteran.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1150548 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way, you should get your story straight...
scumbag Capps claims that the drunken killer stole the invitation off her desk, without her knowledge or permission....
party hosts expected Congressional representation, not a drunken killer.....
Funny you are taking this so personally. You must really hate veterans.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1150549 Jun 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what Bush was told would happen but he attacked Iraq anyway.
August 24, 2005:
"PRINCETON, NJ -- Will the war with Iraq turn into "another Vietnam" for the United States? Sunday, on ABC's "This Week," Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel stated that the situation in Iraq is not "dissimilar to where we were in Vietnam," and that "the longer we stay there, the more similarities [to Vietnam] are going to come together....
An important focus today is the battle for public opinion on Iraq -- as eventually it was in Vietnam. Recent polls showing declining support for the Iraq war in the United States have received much media attention. This has not only prompted President Bush to make speeches explicitly asking for continuing public support for the war (two speeches on Iraq this week alone), but has, in addition, provoked commentators to begin invoking the Vietnam comparison. The highly publicized protest vigil of Cindy Sheehan outside Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, has also provoked memories of the protests that ultimately played such a large part in the Vietnam saga...
Gallup asked the public to assess whether the United States made a "mistake" in sending troops into Vietnam, and has asked the same question since March 2003 about Iraq. Gallup consistently asked Americans to name the "most important problem" facing the country during the years of both conflicts, and to evaluate how the presidents involved were handling both war situations.
The bottom line: Americans were much quicker to consider the Vietnam War to be a major problem facing the country than has been the case for the Iraq war. But at the same time, a majority of Americans began to call Iraq a "mistake" within about a year and three months of its beginning, while it took over three years for a majority to call Vietnam a mistake. Lyndon Johnson's job approval ratings for handling Vietnam dropped to lower levels than has been the case -- so far -- for George W. Bush."
http://www.gallup.com/poll/18097/Iraq-Versus-...
Really retard? He attacked?
What about the Democrats in the Senate that voted 29 for and 21 against?
Did your Democrats attack Iraq too?
You are an idiot to try and use Vietnam as a comparison stupid.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1150550 Jun 13, 2014
Right now Obummer is campaigning out west, leaving while the Iraq crisis is blowing up. The idiot just left today.

Obama is a stooge.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#1150551 Jun 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
God am I glad I'm not a worthless POS Democrat.
LOL ... I guess you're juz worthless then, never mind democrat :-)
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1150552 Jun 13, 2014
Obama said we were beating the terrorists, yet now we know that was a lie too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150553 Jun 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Bush Tax Cuts: President George W. Bush’s 2003 tax cuts generated a massive increase in federal tax revenue and were followed by 52 consecutive months of economic growth. From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenue increased by $780 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history. Total federal revenue from 2003 to 2007:
2003 --$1.78 trillion
2004 --$1.88 trillion
2005 --$2.15 trillion
2006 --$2.40 trillion
2007 --$2.56 trillion
Total federal revenue for 2008 dropped slightly, down to $2.52 trillion, because a recession started by the Democrats irresponsible lending policies Bush did not correct.
Bush needed all that revenue.

Obama’s Budget: Spending Too High, But Bush Was Worse

President Barack Obama’s new budget proposes to spend $3.78 trillion in 2014, which would be 27 percent higher than spending in 2008. President Obama believes in expansive government, and he is proposing a range of new programs, including subsidies for infrastructure, preschool, and mental health care.

However, total federal outlays increased substantially faster under President George W. Bush than they have under Obama so far. It is true that Obama’s spending ambitions have been restrained by House Republicans. But looking at the raw data, it appears that the last Republican president was more profligate than the current Democratic one.

http://www.cato.org/blog/obamas-budget-spendi...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150554 Jun 13, 2014
As the debate heats up over the unfolding crisis in Iraq, one German newspaper took a decidedly pointed approach to things in its Friday front page.

Die Tageszeitung ran the famous "Mission Accomplished" picture of George W. Bush, but replaced Bush with Shaker Wahib, head of ISIS, the militant group currently running roughshod through Iraq. The message: this is what Bush wrought.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/13/die-...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1150555 Jun 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't last. Unlike Bush's numbers, which kept falling, Obama's number will rise as soon as people come to realize that Republicans have lied about the Taliban five, Benghazi, IRS, Fast & Furious, etc, etc, etc.
"uselesssinceforever000 "
Please point out the lies'
- To date two of the taaban 5 have been named as terrorist
- Benghazi - 4 American's died, as hilarious said who cares
- IRS you deny the facts
- Fast and Furious, those guns the nobama administration sent to the Mexican drug cartels did not lead to American deaths?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150556 Jun 13, 2014
The Silence Would Be Deafening If Obama Tasked Neocons With Finding Solutions In Iraq

The President is a busy man so I have taken the liberty of writing a speech which he could deliver to a joint session of Congress. Of course he must add his own touches of soaring rhetoric, but here are the basics.

“I appreciate that you have allowed me to address all of you today. We appear to be facing yet another crisis in the Middle East as the government of Iraq has failed to effectively maintain the peace and the democracy which we attempted to leave with them after an seven year war, three trillion of our taxpayer’s dollars, and most importantly the loss of 4,500 American lives and the transient or permanent injury of more than 32,000 of our fine military women and men.

Since the current crisis came to public attention with the fall of Mosul into the hands of the ISIS branch of al-Qaeda there has been a concerted call from some of you seated in this hall and from the media which supports you that I do something. The Speaker has asked if I was napping while this was occurring, Senators McCain, Graham, and others of their stature and military acumen have called for direct military action.

Listen folks, this isn’t my first rodeo. I know that any move I make in Iraq, Pennsylvania, or my own living room will cause a percentage of you to rush to the microphones to condemn it and a subset to demand my impeachment.

OK, you are so damn smart, this time you figure it out.

Congress holds the power to declare war and House of Representatives the constitutional authority to pay for it. Therefore I am leaving Iraq in your capable hands. Today I will submit a bill authorizing a temporary cabinet position, Secretary of Iraqi Initiatives. I am nominating Senator McCain to serve as its first and hopefully only head and NSA Chief Rice as his deputy. Not my NSA Chief Rice, your NSA Chief Rice. Live with it.

This Department will suggest a method for assisting the government of Iraq – providing it still exists a week from now – in returning the country to whatever form of democracy the Department chooses for it, although I do caution that the abolition of Sharia Law may not go over as well in Baghdad as it did in Oklahoma. When complete, this plan of action will be submitted to Congress for a vote. If and when you all get your act together and actually pass something I will sign whatever is put on my desk. It will be your plan and I never want to hear another word about my role in it.

However, current Department of Defense funds will not be available to finance it and I will veto any appropriations bill that does not contain what you folks quaintly refer to as a “pay-for.” Any pay-for must be in the form of new revenue rather than cuts to existing programs. I will leave it to your imagination from where that revenue must be raised in order to get the old Presidential Seal of Approval. Hey hedge fund managers, Walton heirs, and GE – have a nice day.

If our wonderful military is required to carry out your plan I will instruct the SECDEF to commit only units composed entirely of soldiers who volunteer for a new Iraqi gig. He will also be instructed to turn off Fox News in every military rec room for the duration of the Department of Iraqi Initiative’s recruitment campaign. I would also suggest that, given the level of funding you guys have authorized for veteran health care, volunteers be advised to arrange for private insurance coverage.

I look forward to reading whatever great ideas you endorse. Have fun you guys.

And God Bless America.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/06/13/silenc...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150557 Jun 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
As the debate heats up over the unfolding crisis in Iraq, one German newspaper took a decidedly pointed approach to things in its Friday front page.
Die Tageszeitung ran the famous "Mission Accomplished" picture of George W. Bush, but replaced Bush with Shaker Wahib, head of ISIS, the militant group currently running roughshod through Iraq. The message: this is what Bush wrought.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/13/die-...
It's hard to imagine a greater atrocity than Obama bin Lyin' who was chosen to represent the people of this country exhibit such gross ineptness solving problems, sellingout the world, destroying America...

sonicmoron providing proof Obama bin Lyin' a useless piece of shit ... Obama, a better gun salesman, golfer, mobster, moocher, loser, sellout and fascist than a leader of the free world...

It's the culture...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1150558 Jun 13, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Like he had a choice?? What did you expect him to say, dummy? It's diplomatspeak. DUH
He was never for Bush's War, but was stuck with it's aftermath.
In spite of the nice talk, Maliki has been a real pain in the ass to both Bush and Obama.
And now he beg for our help.
We should keep out of it. Completely.
You fcking moron. Not only does Obama make promises to America he has no intention of keeping, he stands in front of an international audience and lies to them as well?
Is this the part of him that has you so turned on, or is it something less obvious?

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1150559 Jun 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry mental case. Waxman posts as Waxman from Windsor you delusional freak.
What medications do you take, skitzoid?
Lie of the year:
"Waxman posts as Waxman"
2nd place:
"Waxman doesn't load up judge-its"
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150560 Jun 13, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>It's hard to imagine a greater atrocity than Obama bin Lyin' who was chosen to represent the people of this country exhibit such gross ineptness solving problems, sellingout the world, destroying America...
sonicmoron providing proof Obama bin Lyin' a useless piece of shit ... Obama, a better gun salesman, golfer, mobster, moocher, loser, sellout and fascist than a leader of the free world...
It's the culture...
so you've taken on the Bush apology tour?

you never were very good at picking battles you could win.

Bush Was a Big-Government Disaster

He expanded the state, and the idea that the state is incompetent

Now that George W. Bush has finally left office, here's a challenge to a nation famous for its proud tradition of invention: Can somebody invent a machine capable of fully measuring the disaster that was the Bush presidency?

In a way that was inconceivable when he took office, Bush—the advance man for the "ownership society," smaller and more trustworthy government, and a humble foreign policy—increased the size and scope of the federal government to unprecedented levels. At the same time, he constantly flashed signs of secrecy, duplicity, ineffectiveness and outright incompetence.

Think for a moment about the thousands of Transportation Security Administration screeners—newly minted government employees all—who continue to confiscate contact-lens solution and nail clippers while, according to nearly every field test, somehow failing to notice simulated bombs in passenger luggage.

Or schoolchildren struggling under No Child Left Behind, which federalized K-12 education to an unprecedented degree with nothing to show for it other than greater spending tabs. Or the bizarrely structured Medicare prescription-drug benefit, the largest entitlement program created since LBJ. Or the simple reality that taxpayers now guarantee some $8 trillion in inscrutable loans to a financial sector that collapsed from inscrutable loans.

Such programs were not in any way foisted on Bush, the way that welfare reform had been on Bill Clinton; they were signature projects, designed to create a legacy every bit as monumental and inspiring as Laura Bush's global literacy campaign.

....At this late date, it may be pointless to argue about the grounds for the invasion of Iraq, which even Bush has (finally) acknowledged were built on sand rather than bedrock. The Iraq war has lasted longer than any American conflict except for Vietnam and has cost more than any shooting match except for World War II. Leave aside for a moment the more than 4,200 U.S. deaths and 30,000 casualties, and ask a very basic question: Did President Bush's prosecution of the war—he declared an end to major hostilities in May 2003—and his direction of the ongoing occupation make you feel better about the government's ability to execute core functions?

Or, like the bungled federal response to Hurricane Katrina (later made good by shoveling billions of pork-laden tax dollars to the Gulf area) and the rushed, secretive, and ever-changing bailout of the financial sector, did it make you want to simply despair?

Bush's legacy is thus a bizarro version of Ronald Reagan's. Reagan entered office declaring that government was not the solution to our problems, it was the problem. Ironically, he demonstrated that government could do some important things right—he helped tame inflation and masterfully drew the Cold War to a nonviolent triumph for the Free World. By contrast, Bush has massively expanded the government along with the sense that government is incompetent.

http://reason.com/archives/2009/01/26/bush-wa...

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1150561 Jun 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
God am I glad I can sleep tonight knowing I'm not a worthless Democrat......y.
And when you wake up tomorrow morning you will still be a no-life loser that will spend all day blaming Obama for his miserable life.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150562 Jun 13, 2014
Hope and Change are the easiest lie to sell the Hopeless democRat...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150563 Jun 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you wake up tomorrow morning you will still be a no-life loser that will spend all day blaming Obama for his miserable life.
You are a loser Patrick...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1150564 Jun 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really retard? He attacked?
What about the Democrats in the Senate that voted 29 for and 21 against?
Did your Democrats attack Iraq too?
You are an idiot to try and use Vietnam as a comparison stupid.
We have been over this too many times to count. The Democrats in Congress did not vote for a unilateral military action against Iraq. They were fooled into believing Bush's lies.

Vietnam is a perfect comparison, "stupid".

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1150565 Jun 13, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever000 "
Please point out the lies'
- To date two of the taaban 5 have been named as terrorist
- Benghazi - 4 American's died, as hilarious said who cares
- IRS you deny the facts
- Fast and Furious, those guns the nobama administration sent to the Mexican drug cartels did not lead to American deaths?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Taliban 5: Republicans knew as far back as 2011 that these prisoners were to be released as part of an exchange. McCain, agreed to it. Republicans are liars when they claim they were kept in the dark.

Benghazi: Ambassador Stevens' made some very poor decisions and it cost him his life and the life of his fellow Americans.

IRS: You ignore the FACTS.

Fast and Furious was operated under the umbrella of Bush's Operation Wide Receiver.

"After Operation Wide Receiver was ended, several attorneys at the Phoenix USAO who reviewed the Wide Receiver cases for prosecution found the cases had been so poorly managed that they were reluctant to bring any of them to trial.

At the time, under the Bush administration Department of Justice (DOJ), no arrests or indictments were made. After President Barack Obama took office in 2009, the DOJ reviewed Wide Receiver and found that guns had been allowed into the hands of suspected gun traffickers. Indictments began in 2010, over three years after Wide Receiver concluded. As of October 4, 2011, nine people had been charged with making false statements in acquisition of firearms and illicit transfer, shipment or delivery of firearms. As of November, charges against one defendant had been dropped; five of them had pled guilty, and one had been sentenced to one year and one day in prison. Two of them remained fugitives."

Again, a case of Democrats left to clean up Republican messes.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2016...

http://www.justice.gov/oig/reports/2012/s1209...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1150566 Jun 13, 2014
Hey Bushy Boy!!! Look in the mirror and recite 100 times:

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."

Iran has reportedly intervened in the Iraq conflict, deploying a branch of the Revolutionary Guards to bolster Iraqi government troops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 32 min Red_Forman 1,939
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 3,041
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 9,388
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,426
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 222,606
Marxiosocialist Double Speak 3 hr Jerkt toff 15
here we go - now i suppose we will see full cou... 4 hr !!! 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages