Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433866 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1150408 Jun 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's up to my bunker and I will be headed that way for a while in two weeks after my oldest child gets back from Harvard.

They have Burger King in Harvard????
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150409 Jun 13, 2014
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a really great idea. How bout you and all the rest of the foxbot, nationbuilfing pro Iraq war RWNJ's get the hell over there to rescue them?
Get going.....I'll pay your way loudmouth chickenhawk hypocrite.
The
progressives should drop Jean off to the caves of Afghanistan then Iraq. Jean can then sell al qaeda and the Muslims on Gay sex, abortion and Gay Marriage and end this endless war you idiot...

All aboard??

It's the culture...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1150410 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Alison Spann was just 9 when she learned her father, a U.S. Marine-turned CIA operative, had become the first American killed in the war in Afghanistan. Thirteen years later, she found out her country had freed the Taliban leader behind his death.
In the time between, Spann has cherished the memory of her father, Johnny Micheal “Mike” Spann, who was killed during a Nov. 25, 2001 prisoner uprising at a northern Afghanistan compound where he was interrogating Taliban fighters. The 32-year-old was buried at Arlington National Cemetery in a ceremony in which he was lauded by then-CIA Director George Tenet for trying to build a "better, safer world." His daughter has since grown up and recently graduated from Pepperdine University, even as more than 2,300 Americans have died fighting in Afghanistan.
But nothing prepared Alison Spann for news that Mullah Mohammad Fazi, the unquestioned leader of the prisoners at the compound where her father was killed, had been traded along with four cohorts held at Guantanamo Bay for U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who had been held by the Taliban for nearly five years..
The leader of the prisoners? The prisoners who were being, cough, questioned by the CIA?

Fazi was the commander of Taliban forces (chief of staff) during Taliban rule__he was a government figure.

Fazi was one of the original Gitmo prisoners__and was never charged.

Do you have a source for your story?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1150411 Jun 13, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Common sense is a flower that doesn't grow in Realtime's garden.
It's the culture...
While yours is filled with ragweed and poison Ivy.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150412 Jun 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
They have Burger King in Harvard????
Captain Ghost 79 years old... LOL... Retard Post#305799:- I served they are the ones that send me my $1,000 a month check, and my tri-care along with a few other perks.. 10-4 Big Buddy!! LMFAO...

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150413 Jun 13, 2014
President Barack Obama said Friday that the U.S. will not send troops back into Iraq to fight against militants who have already captured two cities there and were marching toward Baghdad. He did not rule out taking other military action, however.

"We will not be sending U.S. troops back into combat in Iraq," Obama said in a statement at the White House. "But I have asked my national security team to prepare a range of other options that could help support Iraqi security forces and I'll be reviewing those options in the days ahead."

The President emphasized that while the U.S. would lend aid, the Iraqi government would ultimately need to take responsibility for resolving sectarian differences.

"Nobody has an interest in seeing terrorists gain a foothold inside of Iraq and nobody is going to benefit from seeing Iraq descend into chaos. The United States will do our part," he added. "But understand that ultimately it's up to the Iraqis, as a sovereign nation, to solve their problems."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-n...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1150414 Jun 13, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
And now pardon--while I go try and decimate some...they ruin the GOOD kind of plantings.
Dang__it was an easy question, why run?

What, if anything, would you have traded for Bergdahl?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150415 Jun 13, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>200 Americans surrounded by terrorists …
Blood-thirsty, Moslems practicing Islam, terrorists have cut off their escape routes, leaving hundreds of Americans fighting for their lives at this very moment. So what does your president do? he is on his way to golf in Psalm Springs. What happened to no American left behind?
200 American contractors?

tell ya what....when someone beyond right wing nutjob sites run with that story let me know. because until then....there is no story.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150416 Jun 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
While yours is filled with ragweed and poison Ivy.
You can tell more about ghost by what he says about others than you can by what others say about you dumbass... 10-4 Big Buddy!! LMFAO..

Retard Ghost Post:-#297762 Most of my uncles and even an aunt are truck drivers.

Common sense is the flower missing in ghost's garden..

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150417 Jun 13, 2014
The crisis in Iraq has prompted U.S. contractors with personnel there to evacuate them from areas near Baghdad that are increasingly in the line of fire as insurgent fighters capture more territory with the apparent end goal of seizing the Iraqi capital.

The individuals are being “temporarily relocated by their companies due to security concerns in the area,” State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement Thursday evening. The individuals involved include U.S. citizens who are currently working under contract with Iraq’s central government in support of the Pentagon’s foreign weapons sales program.

Psaki did not mention the number of personnel affected, but it could be hundreds, if not thousands, of people. The Pentagon oversaw 6,624 contractors in Iraq in October, including 1,626 Americans, according to a quarterly report released at the time. The number plummeted to 0 as the Defense Department transferred oversight of those contracts to the Baghdad government, but it is believed that many of the individuals involved stayed in Iraq and continued their work.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150418 Jun 13, 2014
We anti-war protesters were right: the Iraq invasion has led to bloody chaos

The horrific fallout from the war was inevitable, and continues today. This calamity must never be allowed to happen again

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150419 Jun 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
200 American contractors?
tell ya what....when someone beyond right wing nutjob sites run with that story let me know. because until then....there is no story.
When posting on Topix, there is a fine line between "what's on your deranged mind" and "You should probably see a therapist about this." Spammer.

sonicmoron: "A racist who sows discord and ignorance on the Topix by starting arguments by cutting and pasting extraneous, no-brainer off-topic messages with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion with ignorance...

It's the culture...
Jake

Jonesboro, AR

#1150420 Jun 13, 2014
harmonious wrote:
is anyone who doesn't have their head up their rear surprised?
Obama Is Now More Unpopular Than Ever
President Barack Obama is viewed more...
Business Insider
Why is he down in the polls? He has lied so much to the American people we now don't believe anything he says. Iraq has blowed up in his face, he now has little kids pilling into our country illegally knowing we won't send them home I wonder what plan he has for taking care of all those kids? He is probably going to tell us we have to take at least one of the children in our homes or be fined. What happened to the borders being safer than they have ever been?????????? Another lie.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1150421 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Most bunkers are below ground but have it your way. What do you have a treehouse?
My house here is 18 feet above sea level. The 'bunker' is 2750 feet above sea level. Up, moran!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150422 Jun 13, 2014
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a really great idea. How bout you and all the rest of the foxbot, nationbuilfing pro Iraq war RWNJ's get the hell over there to rescue them?
Get going.....I'll pay your way loudmouth chickenhawk hypocrite.
but yet you supported Obama on Libya and Syria.....

and now the weapons that Obama provided to the Libyan rebels are being used against the government of Iraq.....

Obama is a dangerous fool....

but he is living large in Palm Springs....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1150423 Jun 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
We anti-war protesters were right: the Iraq invasion has led to bloody chaos
The horrific fallout from the war was inevitable, and continues today. This calamity must never be allowed to happen again
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014...
Yep. The Bush legacy continues...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150424 Jun 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
President Barack Obama said Friday that the U.S. will not send troops back into Iraq to fight against militants who have already captured two cities there and were marching toward Baghdad. He did not rule out taking other military action, however.
"We will not be sending U.S. troops back into combat in Iraq," Obama said in a statement at the White House. "But I have asked my national security team to prepare a range of other options that could help support Iraqi security forces and I'll be reviewing those options in the days ahead."
The President emphasized that while the U.S. would lend aid, the Iraqi government would ultimately need to take responsibility for resolving sectarian differences.
"Nobody has an interest in seeing terrorists gain a foothold inside of Iraq and nobody is going to benefit from seeing Iraq descend into chaos. The United States will do our part," he added. "But understand that ultimately it's up to the Iraqis, as a sovereign nation, to solve their problems."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-n...
party fundraisers and golf are more important than his job.....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1150425 Jun 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Dang__it was an easy question, why run?
What, if anything, would you have traded for Bergdahl?
I would have given them 10, everyone knows one American is worth ten Afghani. Plus better to kill them on the battlefield than house and feed them in prison.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1150426 Jun 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> My house here is 18 feet above sea level. The 'bunker' is 2750 feet above sea level. Up, moran!
You truly are a fckin' idiot, for awhile there I thought you were just faking.

Try not to slip on the peanut shells on your way out of Jerry's later.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1150427 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only people affected by storm surges are those foolish enough to build too near the water....
The area has been plagued by storm surges since the 1600's. These morans can't understand most of the area is filled in swamp and a lot is below sea level. They are sheeple without a thought of their own ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marine Joint Chiefs Chairman Rejects Obama Plan 1 min BlueAzzholeForever 3
Auto glass repair in chicago 6 min jit 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 min RACE 9,557
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min RACE 103,654
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 15 min RACE 2,090
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Hill4me 225,479
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 71,064

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages