Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234877 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1149254 Jun 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Factcheck.org is a Communist Soros operation.......
Soros is a republican?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1149255 Jun 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Soros is a republican?
Soros is a DemoKKKrat WWII Nazi collaborator who sold out his fellow Jews .....

and makes money today betting against the US dollar.....

your kind of scum.......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1149256 Jun 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
my bad. let me correct myself.
After ambushing the two lunch-eating officers, the Millers draped a ‘Don’t Tread On Me’ Gadsden flag over over one of the officer’s lifeless body. The Revolutionary War-era flag has become a symbol of the modern tea party movement.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/...
better?
stick to copy-and-paste....

....you're too stupid for anything else.......
Yesh

Mililani, HI

#1149257 Jun 10, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
Young lady you should think before you post. All your liberal hero's, biden, hilaroius, pelousy, kerry, noboma, chuckie, hirless either voted for or supported the action in Iraq. They had the same information that Bush had. I can hardly wait, a looney liberal response will be coming from you, Bush lied. Do your thing, be a troll, spew the company lie.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Son, I already know they had the same information because bushie boy gave it to them!

Besides, the point was what law did bushie boy break of iraqs? You really need to get your head on straight son!
Yesh

Mililani, HI

#1149258 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of inedible fish getting caught in a huge net of tuna fishermen.
Bush/Cheney threw back the ones who weren't dangerous but just got caught in the net.
Does that help clarify it for you?
Ah, symbolism!

Nothing to do with the facts, tho!
Yesh

Mililani, HI

#1149259 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea how many times Ayres and Obama met. They were actually colleagues at one point.
Again, if you're just going to go by this guy's facebook page, it seems he liked libertarians too.
So let's not blame libertarians or Ron Paul for this crazy person's hatred of policemen either.
What's the matter son? Don't like one of your own now?
Yesh

Mililani, HI

#1149260 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea how many times Ayres and Obama met. Apparently, Ayres chose Obama to sit on the board of his Annenberg Challenge foundation for nearly 5 years indicating a close relationship.
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-63886
But if you're going to go just by this guy's facebook page, he seemed to like libertarians too.
So let's not blame libertarians and Ron Paul for this crazy guy's hatred of policemen either.
Psst! The Annenberg Foundation was founded by a lifelong republican!!!!

So now you must be saying Obama's a conservative!!!

wow....
Yesh

Mililani, HI

#1149261 Jun 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Soros is a republican?
Hard to keep track of where reich wingers stand without a scorecard, isn't it?
Yesh

Mililani, HI

#1149262 Jun 10, 2014
Well, Well, WELL......

Eric Cantor lost!!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1149263 Jun 11, 2014
Matt from Akron wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm staying out of trouble. I'm too old, too tired and too broke to get in trouble anymore. Just decided to take a cruise through Topix, which I only do about two or three times a year now. Glad I saw ya, you were always one of my very favorite posters from the "old days". What about you? Keepin' busy?
Advancing years and slowing resources do have a way of tempering the wildest kid in all of us, I suppose. As hard as we might try to change our Life, Life has a way of changing us.

Maybe it ends in a draw?

I still have the bookmark in my favorites for Ye Olde Pub(??)

I keep busy tinkering on the spaceship parked in my garage. The electrostatic quasicouplers need work but the Warp Core is rock solid and I checked out the thrusters yesterday blowing off the entire garage door. The female copilot I've created will be great for those long cold night-trips to Alpha Centauri.

In between my fantasies, I enjoy the chores of home ownership and I'll be trying to install a new roof this Summer. I still retain my healthy Vladimir Putin physique and the posters here know that I still possess a formidable intellect:-)

Please stay in touch.

Lapeer, MI

#1149264 Jun 11, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Palling Around With Domestic Terrorists
Among their numerous Facebook photos is this one which shows Jerad Miller, one of the two shooters, posing with former Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack.
When Fox News was in the middle of relentlessly promoting the Cliven Bundy militia, they had Richard Mack on the air when he said this:
“We were actually strategizing to put all the women up at the front. If they are going to start shooting, it’s going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers.”
Between announcing their plans to overthrow the government, overthrow President Obama, take “their country back,” holding rallies in Washington to overthrow the government, and threatening to enact “Second Amendment remedies,” one can hardly differentiate between empty rhetoric posted by right wing extremists and real, actual threats.
The shear scope and amount of violent, anti-government rhetoric has reached a point where it would take an overwhelming amount of resources to sort fact from fiction.
http://bobcesca.thedailybanter.com/blog-archi...
still cute?
When wackos go wacko, sonic, ever the opportunist, sees a way to interject Conservatism, Gun Control, Gender Gaps, Fair Wage, Racism, Economic Justice, Gay Marriage, Global Warming, Environmentalism, Atheism vs Christianity and Vegan School Cafeterias into the conversation.

But only from his side.

The rest of us just move on.

Lapeer, MI

#1149265 Jun 11, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
Old Headline: BERGDAHL DEAL WAS AN OBAMA TRIUMPH.
New Headline: UM, CHUCK HAGEL DID IT
Didn't little Suzie Brown Rice Pee in the Pot, too?
Patrick

Atlanta, GA

#1149266 Jun 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Leaving residual troops to maintain the peace and train armies in any country after any war is the norm.
Obama left Iraq to its own defenses and will soon do the same in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
What do you think is going to happen? The enemy didn't declare this war over. Only Obama.
Your comments illustrate you ignorance regarding foreign policy and military affairs !

Iraq crisis: Islamists force 500,000 to flee Mosul

"Vital areas" of the city of Mosul have been seized, Iraq's prime minister said

As many as 500,000 people have been forced to flee the Iraqi city of Mosul after Islamist militants effectively took control of it, the International Organization for Migration says.

Troops were among those fleeing as hundreds of jihadists from the ISIS group overran the city and much of the surrounding province of Nineveh.

ISIS has now reportedly taken Baiji, home to Iraq's largest oil refinery.

PM Nouri Maliki has asked parliament to declare a state of emergency.

The US said the development showed ISIS was a threat to the entire region.

ISIS - the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, which is also known as ISIL - is an offshoot of al-Qaeda.

It now controls considerable territory in eastern Syria and western and central Iraq, in a campaign to set up a militant enclave straddling the

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1149267 Jun 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and amnesty for illegal aliens is dead.....
So is any chance of a national political win for the GOP.
A Democrat in the White House forever!
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1149268 Jun 11, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
Obama: President ¨Do as I say, not as I do¨
¨Writing about the opulence of the Obama administration in “Presidential Perks Gone Royal,” author Robert Keith Gray notes that $1.4 billion in taxpayer funds was spent on the Obamas last year, including “the biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever” and Air Force One “running with the frequency of a scheduled air line.” Notably, all of the support costs for travel are not included in that $1.4 billion.
It is worth noting that Obama’s Democrat predecessors mentioned poverty three times more often in major addresses than Obama – and Republicans mentioned the plight of the poor twice as often as Obama. Maybe that is because when Obama took office in 2009, the poverty rate was 13.1% and it is now over 15%.
Another reason he might not mention poverty is that Obama is on pace to break his 2011 all time record for presidential golfing junkets – 34 resort outings. He is now on pace to chalk up 50 golf trips this year (2013).
His sycophantic adherents must be complete idiots – rallying around all his 'rich' rhetoric.¨
Like he actually gives a sh*t about the income of anyone but himself.
Oh now there's a good source! The ultra lobbyist who would sell access and influence to anybody with enough cash. His rogues' gallery of clients has included the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, the teamster president Jackie Presser, the disgraced publisher Robert Maxwell, the scandal-ridden Bank of Credit and Commerce International (B.C.C.I.), Haiti under the regime of Jean-Claude (Baby Doc) Duvalier and China immediately following the massacre at Tiananmen Square.
There's a problem with his claim that taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on the Obama's; The total cost for the White House under Republican president George W. Bush in the year 2008 came to a grand total of $1,592,875,254, or $1.6 billion dollars. Using this number we find that the Obama White House spent $0.2 billion less, or a net savings of $200 million dollars.
Also As of August 16th of 2013, Obama had taken 92 days of vacation vs 367 for George W. Bush.
You're an idiot; you always have been and always will be!
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1149269 Jun 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post. Really. Excellent.
Of course you'd like that post Carol, it was chock full of the ignorant and patently false rants you regularly regurgitate yourself.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1149270 Jun 11, 2014
Matt from Akron wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm staying out of trouble. I'm too old, too tired and too broke to get in trouble anymore. Just decided to take a cruise through Topix, which I only do about two or three times a year now. Glad I saw ya, you were always one of my very favorite posters from the "old days". What about you? Keepin' busy?
Shinning is doing so-so he opened up his own cat house but unfortunately he was forced to run it by hand [I'm sure you know all about that, wink, wink] you and Shinning were and obviously still are an item, which one of you is the she? I think it's sweet that you two toe tappers are reunited. Maybe you both could relocate to a state where gay marriage is legal. Once you are reunited be sure and see that Shinning takes his daily meds as it is way beyond obvious he is delusional.One would have to assume that you are as disgusting, creepy and foul smelling as he is. Congratulation you finally found Gods match for you both.
Patrick

Atlanta, GA

#1149271 Jun 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you'd like that post Carol, it was chock full of the ignorant and patently false rants you regularly regurgitate yourself.
She want a few more American soldiers killed in Iraq which she mans her computer.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1149272 Jun 11, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
She want a few more American soldiers killed in Iraq which she mans her computer.
I find it really puzzling along with revealing that not one of the Bush and Iraqi war supporters have ever shown an ounce of concern for the almost 5,000 killed and 30, 000 casualties that were basically sacrificed by proven lies by the Bush administration. Even their attempts at sharing the blame is nothing more than admission that they screwed up. Well some Democrats voted for the war too. Pathetic. Now they want us to believe that they are so Veteran friendly. Phony bas-turds the lot of them. Even talking to carol is a real lesson in futility...PDupont has to have the patience of a saint... Facts and common sense bounce of of her faster than baggers can fabricate more another story.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1149273 Jun 11, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
The Obama Administration Scandals Grow and Intensify
The Veterans Administration released a report yesterday showing that more than 120,000 veterans have been affected by the agency's misrepresentation of waiting lists. The number includes 57,000 whose care was sidetracked and another 64,000 who weren't even on a waiting list.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/i...
And with the complicit media's help, Obama's Sergeant Schultz defense will prevail.
Actually, the question is how many were affected by the lack of Congressional action to address the problem of hundreds of thousands new Vets being added while not expanding the system.

Typ[ical Tea Party action, play politics instead of addressing the issue especially when their own party blocked that expansion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min Go Blue Forever 99,587
Abby May 29 6 min PEllen 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min IBdaMann 53,533
Ask Amy 5-30-15 16 min PEllen 1
Amy May 30 19 min PEllen 1
Dear Abby 5-30-15 20 min PEllen 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min woodtick57 190,408
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]