Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382931 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1150055 Jun 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up.
"The American Medical Association is reporting that its membership grew by 3.2% last year to 224,503, nudging its ranks almost back to the size it enjoyed prior to its endorsement of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act."
http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20130...
Woooow! That' a lot!

Maybe you weren't keeping up. The assertion was made that the medical field supported Obamacare because the AMA did. At best, the AMA represents about 20% of physicians.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1150057 Jun 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the killer on Capps' staff was attending an official function when he got loaded and killed a young girl in a crosswalk.....
now Capps (D-CA) is trying to evade financial responsibility....
world class piece-o-shit.....
Well, the jury is still out on that one. Capps claims he was on his own time when he attended the "holiday party". When I was working, I attended innumerable parties and events with fellow workers and clients. The fact that we discussed policy doesn't make it an official function. What you have here are unscrupulous people looking for deep pockets.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150058 Jun 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Students are the "clients", not the parents. I would guess that far more parents "abuse" teachers than the other way around. I believe a teacher has the right to put a parent in their place.
the parents pay your salary, idiot....

your job is to take the abuse and turn it around in a constructive manner, not to respond in kind...

your attitude sucks and is one of the problems with our schools....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1150059 Jun 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Woooow! That' a lot!
Maybe you weren't keeping up. The assertion was made that the medical field supported Obamacare because the AMA did. At best, the AMA represents about 20% of physicians.
To refresh your memory, here was your claim:

"Support for Obamacare caused 12,000 members to drop out in 2010 alone."

I was merely pointing out that you were behind in the times as membership has increased to the point where the AMA hasn't lost any members since the implimentation of the ACA.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1150060 Jun 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the parents pay your salary, idiot....
your job is to take the abuse and turn it around in a constructive manner, not to respond in kind...
your attitude sucks and is one of the problems with our schools....
LOL. Let me guess, you're one of those people who tells a police officer, "I pay your salary, damnit!, as you are hauled away in handcuffs.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1150061 Jun 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has absolutely NOTHING to do with stifling U.S. citizens opposed to my policital party. That is just a Republican lie. It had to do with the IRS preventing "civic groups" from securing tax-exempt status if their primary purpose was political campaign activities. You have conveniently forgotten that "the ONLY tax-exempt status denial by the IRS involved the revocation of a previously granted tax-exempt status for a progressive group." You really need to get your head out of the Faux News backside.
That's a play on words. No conservative was denied, they were simply ignored or stalled, or put on hold. Several dozen liberal leaning groups were approved, denying only one, as you stated.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1150062 Jun 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
To refresh your memory, here was your claim:
"Support for Obamacare caused 12,000 members to drop out in 2010 alone."
I was merely pointing out that you were behind in the times as membership has increased to the point where the AMA hasn't lost any members since the implimentation of the ACA.
Well, thanks for that. In the end, the AMA represents a small, very small, portion of doctors even at the implementation of Obamacare. In other words, who cares what the AMA thinks.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1150063 Jun 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Let me guess, you're one of those people who tells a police officer, "I pay your salary, damnit!, as you are hauled away in handcuffs.
And the police officer says, "I didn't get my raise this year." :-)

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1150064 Jun 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Only about 15% of American practicing doctors belong to the AMA. Support for Obamacare caused 12,000 members to drop out in 2010 alone.
Speakers in the medical field include doctors and registered nurses.
Here we go again. A loyal FOX viewer has the phony stats handy. LOL

You're funny, but not at all original. The other asshats here have used the same nonsensical arguments for years.

Obamacare is here. It's woven into the fabric of all civilian medical care. Period.

Deal with it.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1150065 Jun 12, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>What difference at this point does it make? she isn't 'dead broke' anymore--and no one will vote for her again-look what happened last time-some sout sider from Chicago, that couldn't organize anything, beat her. LOL--and yet these loons think they are going to vote for her this time? what a joke.
She'll be running against a Repugnant. DUH

She could sleep from now til Election day in 2016, and she'd still beat any stiff your side could put up.

Esp. ones supported by nitwit extremists like yourself..

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1150066 Jun 12, 2014
Jesse wrote:
Remember " Al Qaeda is decimated and on the run".....both quoted over and over again by LIAR OBAMA and he's clueless sidekick BIDEN.
You've got your presidents mixed up.
Bush, "Mission Accomplished", war in Iraq over.
TPRTY

United States

#1150067 Jun 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a play on words. No conservative was denied, they were simply ignored or stalled, or put on hold. Several dozen liberal leaning groups were approved, denying only one, as you stated.
¨USA¨ claims Obama didn't *really* lie about the ACA. You may as well be talking to a stone.
TPRTY

United States

#1150068 Jun 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks for that. In the end, the AMA represents a small, very small, portion of doctors even at the implementation of Obamacare. In other words, who cares what the AMA thinks.
Does that include the actors who were given the white coats and told to stand behind Obama while he lied about the ACA?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1150071 Jun 12, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't turn them into anything. Obama transformed them from harmless prisoners into at-large terrorists leaders. Who's fcking side is Obama on?
These guys are walking transmitters. DUH

Are you so simple minded you think they'd be let go without devices implanted to insure we could track their movements now and forever. And not in the skin, but ingested and or implanted deep inside the body, making removal dangerous, at best.

And you think the terrorists don't know these guys are compromised?

Think about it. How much will anyone who's been a prisoner for many years be trusted back home?? Everything has changed since these guys were taken prisoner, a new generation of terrorists has emerged. These guys are old school, and will not be accepted back into the fold.

You just like to whine.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1150072 Jun 12, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
...seems a possibility that Iran will invade.
Good-let them all handle their own insanity for a CHANGE, because we've already went above and beyond!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1150073 Jun 12, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got your presidents mixed up.
Bush, "Mission Accomplished", war in Iraq over.
Yup-we're outa there-NO more HELP should even be considered.

NONE whatso ever.

We've already sent enough arms and ammo over the past three years, for al qeda to intercept.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1150074 Jun 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a play on words. No conservative was denied, they were simply ignored or stalled, or put on hold. Several dozen liberal leaning groups were approved, denying only one, as you stated.
Your entire time here is spent in playing on words.

Your whole 'be specific' defensiveness when called out for supporting terrorists is a good example.

You were for them right up until you were against them. Never occurred to you that you might be encougaging nitwits with a marginal grip on reality, did it??

And you're how old??

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1150075 Jun 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks for that. In the end, the AMA represents a small, very small, portion of doctors even at the implementation of Obamacare. In other words, who cares what the AMA thinks.
So you're foolish enough to stake the claim that all those who weren't AMA members were against the ACA?? LOL

Most medical professionals support the ACA. Deal with it.

You are playing on words and looking like a fool for the effort.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1150076 Jun 12, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
These guys are walking transmitters. DUH
Are you so simple minded you think they'd be let go without devices implanted to insure we could track their movements now and forever. And not in the skin, but ingested and or implanted deep inside the body, making removal dangerous, at best.
And you think the terrorists don't know these guys are compromised?
Think about it. How much will anyone who's been a prisoner for many years be trusted back home?? Everything has changed since these guys were taken prisoner, a new generation of terrorists has emerged. These guys are old school, and will not be accepted back into the fold.
You just like to whine.
You really have NO concept of what's going on whatsoever, do you.

How ozombietic typical.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1150077 Jun 12, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're foolish enough to stake the claim that all those who weren't AMA members were against the ACA?? LOL
Most medical professionals support the ACA. Deal with it.
You are playing on words and looking like a fool for the effort.
Most support the ACA? Is that something you pulled out of you ass or do you have some stats to back that up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Dr Guru 214,382
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Earthling-1 59,472
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr PEllen 6,150
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 2,415
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr PEllen 8,400
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 1,508
Politics? 2 hr Ferretman 54
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr CrunchyBacon 101,966
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages