Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1618221 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150572 Jun 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
The Silence Would Be Deafening If Obama Tasked Neocons With Finding Solutions In Iraq
The President is a busy man so I have taken the liberty of writing a speech which he could deliver to a joint session of Congress. Of course he must add his own touches of soaring rhetoric, but here are the basics.
“I appreciate that you have allowed me to address all of you today. We appear to be facing yet another crisis in the Middle East as the government of Iraq has failed to effectively maintain the peace and the democracy which we attempted to leave with them after an seven year war, three trillion of our taxpayer’s dollars, and most importantly the loss of 4,500 American lives and the transient or permanent injury of more than 32,000 of our fine military women and men.
Since the current crisis came to public attention with the fall of Mosul into the hands of the ISIS branch of al-Qaeda there has been a concerted call from some of you seated in this hall and from the media which supports you that I do something. The Speaker has asked if I was napping while this was occurring, Senators McCain, Graham, and others of their stature and military acumen have called for direct military action.
Listen folks, this isn’t my first rodeo. I know that any move I make in Iraq, Pennsylvania, or my own living room will cause a percentage of you to rush to the microphones to condemn it and a subset to demand my impeachment.
OK, you are so damn smart, this time you figure it out.
Congress holds the power to declare war and House of Representatives the constitutional authority to pay for it. Therefore I am leaving Iraq in your capable hands. Today I will submit a bill authorizing a temporary cabinet position, Secretary of Iraqi Initiatives. I am nominating Senator McCain to serve as its first and hopefully only head and NSA Chief Rice as his deputy. Not my NSA Chief Rice, your NSA Chief Rice. Live with it.
This Department will suggest a method for assisting the government of Iraq – providing it still exists a week from now – in returning the country to whatever form of democracy the Department chooses for it, although I do caution that the abolition of Sharia Law may not go over as well in Baghdad as it did in Oklahoma. When complete, this plan of action will be submitted to Congress for a vote. If and when you all get your act together and actually pass something I will sign whatever is put on my desk. It will be your plan and I never want to hear another word about my role in it.
However, current Department of Defense funds will not be available to finance it and I will veto any appropriations bill that does not contain what you folks quaintly refer to as a “pay-for.” Any pay-for must be in the form of new revenue rather than cuts to existing programs. I will leave it to your imagination from where that revenue must be raised in order to get the old Presidential Seal of Approval. Hey hedge fund managers, Walton heirs, and GE – have a nice day.
If our wonderful military is required to carry out your plan I will instruct the SECDEF to commit only units composed entirely of soldiers who volunteer for a new Iraqi gig. He will also be instructed to turn off Fox News in every military rec room for the duration of the Department of Iraqi Initiative’s recruitment campaign. I would also suggest that, given the level of funding you guys have authorized for veteran health care, volunteers be advised to arrange for private insurance coverage.
I look forward to reading whatever great ideas you endorse. Have fun you guys.
And God Bless America.”
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/06/13/silenc...
puerile....just like Obama.....
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1150573 Jun 13, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's your inability to converse in a sensible manner. Noone else here babbles as you do.
You talk nonsense to cover your ignorance.
Nice going, Flo.
Name's not Flo...and the post wasn't directed @ you-so fk off, imebcile.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150574 Jun 13, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Name's not Flo...and the post wasn't directed @ you-so fk off, imebcile.
well said.....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1150575 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is partying in Palm Springs tonight and has a $32,000 per person breakfast fundraiser in Laguna Beach in the morning......
Iraq is far from his mind.....
Hmmm. President George W. Bush held 86 fundraisers for his campaign and the RNC during 2003/2004. Guess his mind wasn't on Iraq either.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150576 Jun 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. President George W. Bush held 86 fundraisers for his campaign and the RNC during 2003/2004. Guess his mind wasn't on Iraq either.
how about the extra $2 million cost to California taxpayers for tomorrow's speech in Anaheim???...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1150577 Jun 13, 2014
Jenks wrote:
KOa2
United States
1 min ago
Bad news for the administration: hearing reports that an internal memo from the DOD was sent to the White House and to Hillary's State Dept. saying 11 of the perpetrators of the Benghazi attack had been positively identified as Al Qaeda. This DOD memo was sent 2 days (to both White House/State Dept) before Susan Rice came out on all the talk shows and told all those lies to the American People.
No wonder the democrats in Congress have been frothing at the mouth to stop the hearings saying we already knew all there was to know. Shame on them for lying to the families of Christopher Stevens and those who unnecessarily lost their lives. Shame on them for lying to the American Public. No good reason to drag us through this debacle the only reason they did was for politics and politics only!
Corruption and lies are the hallmark of the Obama Administration.
++++++++++
New York Times has reported that PM of Iraq begged a month ago, Obama Administration to send air support to help with the Al Qaeda terrorists invasion...the White House rebuffed him....
Now look where we are.
Just more of the liar in chief's malfeasance and treason, what we've come to expect from this dirtbag liar and failure.

Libs are soooooooooo frikking stupid.

“you know i know”

denver

#1150578 Jun 13, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Affirmative Action strikes again.
Impeachment has a real sweet ring to it.
I see it coming. The first American President removed from office for incompetence and treason.
I can hardly wait, I guess he's not going to choke on a chicken bone or lobster shell.

“you know i know”

denver

#1150579 Jun 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical right whiner defense, its the Democrat's fault for not stopping Republicans from nearly killing this country.
How pathetic can you get.
yet dumber than sh*t Dave doesn't deny the validity of it.

" The President, the Commander in Chief,
> has made the Rules of Engagement (ROE) so difficult, that our troops are often killed before they can even get permission to fight.
>
> Nothing has been done to stop our troops from being murdered by the Afghanis they are training, either.
>
> Now, the President wants the US to sign on to the UN's International Criminal Court (ICC), which would allow the UN's ICC to arrest and try US troops for War Crimes, without the legal protections guaranteed under US Law, and from which there is no appeal.
>
> The President, with his Democratic control of the Senate, has nearly all the power. The Non-Establishment Republicans, and Conservatives, can take back the Senate in 2014, our troops can once again be protected from unnecessary danger."

This lying POS doesn't care one bit about soldiers or any other Americans.

“you know i know”

denver

#1150580 Jun 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling a black man "boy" is a racial slur. Even though I expect as much from a racist f*ck like you,it remains a sign of your gross ignorance.
Now lets see how many of the whiners rush in to defend a racist f*ck like you.
What do you call a hoody wearing thug gangster wanna be who calls whites "pussass crackas", huh, dumber than sh*t Dave? Are you one of those pussass crackas?

“you know i know”

denver

#1150581 Jun 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you're referring to the religious nut jobs in the Republican house. These do-nothing obstructionists were out golfing, traveling and lying.
I assume your command of the english language is only slightly better than yur ability to tie yur shoes, and put a bag over yur hideous head, will ya'?
Now you brainwashed drone, did or did not Mullah Oblamer say he was going to sit down and talk to these religious nutbag murderers?

“you know i know”

denver

#1150582 Jun 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the free market moron blaming the president for not creating jobs.
Did or did not the lying bufffon Oblamer say he was going to create jobs or not? And bag that mug of yurs, yur scaring the womenfolk on here.

Unemployment Rates: Promised vs. Actual | National ...
www.nationalreview.com/.../unemployment-rates... ...
National Review
Sep 8, 2011 - In 2009, President Obama promised that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act would “create or save” 3.5 million jobs over the next two ...

Didn't do squat,, except make the already rich even richer. Gawd, yur stupid.

“you know i know”

denver

#1150583 Jun 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Tea Party News Network gibber jabber.
oink,oink, Squeeler

“you know i know”

denver

#1150584 Jun 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting your family tree?
More likely yurs, Leroy, I'm all caucasian.

“you know i know”

denver

#1150585 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
I feel bad for moderate and real conservative Republicans, the Tea Baggers are ripping the party apart and ensuring they will never win the presidency.
Yur fat ass is ripping yur pants apart, lay off the twinkies.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1150587 Jun 13, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So why is it that most all Christians ignore these rules??
Priests?? You're confusing Catholics and other Christians. Don't know of any others that have priests, dummy. Don't think divorse is contrary to many Christian sects. You don't know what you're talking about,as usual.
So why your priests boggering all those kids, if it's contrary to Christian beliefs?? Is it because they're like you??
Thought so.
You seem to be lost in a vortex of stupidity.

The point went right over your head again. Do you still get your tongue stuck in whiskey bottles?

Is your index finger your sex partner?

Get a life.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1150588 Jun 13, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I can hardly wait, I guess he's not going to choke on a chicken bone or lobster shell.
But he's had one helluva lot 'a guys give him a Heimlich Maneuvers.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1150589 Jun 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Take off the brass knuckles just for a minute, Lily.
Do you honestly believe the enemy will NOT plot another 9/11 with all of our troops gone in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan? Or the enemy will not see our mass exodus as a victory?
Do you honestly think Obama believes we're safer with top terrorists released from Gitmo?
If so, what do you and he think they're going to do with so much time and freedom on their hands?
This is a serious issue. I would appreciate a serious response.
Once again Carol you're demonstrating you ignorance of the situation in the Middle East especially Afghanistan.
The individuals being released are not Al Qaeda but Taliban and the only reason they're attacking our troops is because they consider us to be invaders in their country. Contrary to your thinking the presence of our troops in Afghanistan has been used as an effective terrorist recruiting tool.
If there is any plotting by Al Qaeda to stage another 9/11 our troop presence will not stop it since they're ensconced in other areas like Yemen, Nigeria and North Africa. Al-Qaida in Iraq is also a problem but one caused by Bush's ill advised invasion of that country.
Because they've been so dispersed it's unlikely that another attack on the scale of the 9/11 attacks can be replicated.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1150590 Jun 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, considering the facts of the matter are clearly irrelevant in your own little world of denial, it's not too surprising the truth would be too.
Democrats expanded the CRA under Clinton's watch. The Congressional Democrats during Bush's second term absolutely refused to even consider Fannie and Freddie needing more government oversight to prevent the inevitable.
If that's just too hard for you to grasp, you'd best start blowing up that bubble of insulation you're so comfortable hiding in.
To the contrary Carol it's you who's oblivious to the facts or more likely just plain lying.
CRA only applied to banks chartered under the FDIC and loans made under it were subject to strict scrutiny. The toxic loans that infected the whole system were made by unregulated mortgage brokers like Countrywide and Indy Mac which had nothing at all with the CRA. CRA loans also carried lower rates than other subprime loans and were less likely to end up securitized into the mortgage-backed securities that have caused so many losses.
Fannie and Freddie had little if anything to do with the crash. Overall, loans originated for private-label securitization have defaulted at about six times the rate of Fannie and Freddie loans. There was also a parallel bubble and crash in commercial real estate which Fannie and Freddie weren't involved with.
You keep willfully ignoring the fact that when the housing bubble was expanding beyond viability it was the GOP that controlled both houses of Congress and the White House. By the time Democrats took charge it was too late and the house of cards was falling in on itself.
But go ahead keep showing that you either don't know what the hell you're talking about or that you're a liar.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1150591 Jun 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
And Republicans and economists blame FDR for not giving the private sector a chance to recover on its own but rather implementing big government and the birth of a nanny state as a kneejerk reaction.
Look where kneejerk reactions have gotten us.
Of course stupid, do you think that they'd ever admit that it was Republican laissez faire policies that caused the Depression in the first place or that similar GOP hands off policies nearly put us into another one?
You can stick your ignorant "nanny state" crap up where it belongs you ignorant twit. Taking care of it's citizens is what an effective and moral government does.
You're an idiot Carol, you always have been and always will be!

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1150592 Jun 14, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call a hoody wearing thug gangster wanna be who calls whites "pussass crackas", huh, dumber than sh*t Dave? Are you one of those pussass crackas?
Like I said. The right whiners will rush to defend the racial slur slingers every time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Benghazi, the REAL story. 50 min DeadCryingOut 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 11,425
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 242,768
Jon Trott of JPUSA protects child molestors 8 hr John Trott 9
Film on Sex Crimes at Jesus People USA 8 hr John Trott 11
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 8 hr John Trott 44
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr RACE 105,302

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages