Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1581927 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1150433 Jun 13, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Daughter of first American killed in Afghanistan learns freed Taliban leader was behind it
Great going Obama!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/13/family-f...
Thanks__Galt couldn't, or didn't want to reveal his source for the same sad story.

It really is sad.

Allison seams like a very nice gal though__one who was enabled by the Marine Corps to attend a good university in Malibu CA. Most (the fking lions share) of the children of deceased veterans would never be so lucky.

And of course the deceased, had previously dumped Allison's cancer stricken mother for a fellow CIA employee well before his own demise essentially leaving Allison an orphan.

He wasn't the first American military casualty in Afghanistan__he wasn't military but CIA.

His wiki page is reasonably accurate.

Mohammed Fazi, who was in US captivity since 2001 was never charged and would have been released in the near future as the US winds down it's presence in Afghanistan..

As Paul Harvey would say__
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150434 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's statement gives the terrorists a green light, with nothing to fear from the US.....
air support.

VERY few Americans will want Obama to send troops back into Iraq. i realize that republicans don't really care what America thinks, but hey, you nutjobs really don't want back in the WH anyway, do you?

the only problem i see with Hillary being elected.....too hawkish. voters are fed up with that crap.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1150435 Jun 13, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine if COMPETENCE had prevailed and the initial switch of 15 peons for Boew B had been considered...rather than the just more "dazed and confused LACK of leadership" that WAS.
The five ranking/active Taliban operatives recently released, ya know...just before this coinkdink all this Taliban seige broke out---might've still be contained.
Ahhh, the wonder of the Foreign Policy FAILURES, over the past recent few years.
Just flckn Uhhhhhmazing.
exact;y what Taliban seiges are you talking about?

oh BTW, do you have a link to that Pentagonís Institute for Defense Analyses intel report on Saddam's connections to al Qaeda. I'd like to read it for myself
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150437 Jun 13, 2014
Poll: Grim assessment of wars in Iraq, Afghanistan

....when it comes to Iraq, support for the decision to go to war has crashed. The invasion was launched in March 2003 with Bush administration officials asserting President Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, though they were never found. At the beginning, Americans by 3-1 called it the right decision.

Now, by 50%-38%, they call it the wrong one.

The biggest shift in attitudes toward the Iraq War came among Republicans and those who lean to the GOP. In 2011, 65% of them said the war had succeeded; now just 38% do. A double-digit gap between Republican and Democrat views in 2011 has now been largely erased.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1150438 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's statement gives the terrorists a green light, with nothing to fear from the US.....
did it ever occur to you that there is nothin the U.S. can do cocerning the path Iraq is going down and the eventual outcome. Contrary to what you believe the U.S. is not omnipotent. What is going on right now in Syria and Iraq is a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran. You want to stop al Qaeda, look to Saudi Arabia. After all, that is the home of Wahhabism
oh my

Lithuania

#1150439 Jun 13, 2014
???????
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1150440 Jun 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just SOP. He fly to Vegas with Benghazi going on. This Is the worst president in American history and these loony libtards on here are cheering the destruction of the country..
What would you propose? That he fly to Mosul and give them a beat down with his own fists?
Something wrong with your brain
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1150441 Jun 13, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>Why is he down in the polls? He has lied so much to the American people we now don't believe anything he says. Iraq has blowed up in his face, he now has little kids pilling into our country illegally knowing we won't send them home I wonder what plan he has for taking care of all those kids? He is probably going to tell us we have to take at least one of the children in our homes or be fined. What happened to the borders being safer than they have ever been?????????? Another lie.
Oh wow Jefro; I thought you was jes anerther Einstein with this post
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1150442 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I would have given them 10, everyone knows one American is worth ten Afghani. Plus better to kill them on the battlefield than house and feed them in prison.
My thoughts exactly. Let them free and drone them!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1150443 Jun 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
We anti-war protesters were right: the Iraq invasion has led to bloody chaos
The horrific fallout from the war was inevitable, and continues today. This calamity must never be allowed to happen again
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014...
along with George H.W. Bush hen he explained in 1998 what would have happened to Iraq if he took him out in Gulf War I. Everything he predicted is coming true.

We are powerless to stop it. Enugh American lives and taxpayer dollars were wasted in Iraq. Its time to learn to say I'm out, and toss in the cards
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1150444 Jun 13, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you propose? That he fly to Mosul and give them a beat down with his own fists?
Something wrong with your brain
Flack's drunk lily__or stoned__making zero sense instead of little sense.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150445 Jun 13, 2014
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a really great idea. How bout you and all the rest of the foxbot, nationbuilfing pro Iraq war RWNJ's get the hell over there to rescue them?
Get going.....I'll pay your way loudmouth chickenhawk hypocrite.
Got a really great idea. How bout you and all the rest of the illegal alien-loving leftwingers take in those children Obama has allowed to cross the border, and provide for their needs at your own expense.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1150447 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
but yet you supported Obama on Libya and Syria.....
and now the weapons that Obama provided to the Libyan rebels are being used against the government of Iraq.....
Obama is a dangerous fool....
but he is living large in Palm Springs....
ahem if you hadn't noticed the weapons Bush supplied to the Iraqi government are now being used against it. Mosul, 55,000 heavily armed Iraqis turned tail and ran when confronted by 9,000 ISIS fighters. Leaving tanks, helicopter gunships, armored vehicles, large stockpiles of weapons and munitions.

Do me a favor, read up on the Vietnam war. Maybbe you will learn something. Or you can google the 1998 explanantion George H.W. Bush & Brent Scowcroft gave why they didn't take Saddam out in 92
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1150448 Jun 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Flack's drunk lily__or stoned__making zero sense instead of little sense.
What was that about his bunker 2780 feet high? He's high alright, wonder if he hauls the baloney logs up by pulley
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1150449 Jun 13, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
along with George H.W. Bush hen he explained in 1998 what would have happened to Iraq if he took him out in Gulf War I. Everything he predicted is coming true.
We are powerless to stop it. Enugh American lives and taxpayer dollars were wasted in Iraq. Its time to learn to say I'm out, and toss in the cards
totally agree
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150450 Jun 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The leader of the prisoners? The prisoners who were being, cough, questioned by the CIA?
Fazi was the commander of Taliban forces (chief of staff) during Taliban rule__he was a government figure.
Fazi was one of the original Gitmo prisoners__and was never charged.
Do you have a source for your story?
Fazi is a war criminal who should have been tried by a military tribunal and executed.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150451 Jun 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Dang__it was an easy question, why run?
What, if anything, would you have traded for Bergdahl?
a bucket of spit......

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1150452 Jun 13, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
One more for your EYE Openor for today-
(CNN)-- An audio message believed to be from al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri sought to halt infighting among jihadist groups in Syria, urging them instead to turn their arms against Shiites.
In a 26-minute audio message posted on a jihadist website Friday, al-Zawahiri called on the Syria's al Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra, also known as al-Nusra Front, to stop fighting the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). CNN cannot independently verify the authenticity of the message.
A voice that appears similar to previous messages from al-Zawahiri ordered al-Nusra general commander "Abu Mohammed al-Joulani and soldiers in al-Nusra front, and all other mujahedeen groups in Syria, to immediately stop fighting and aggression against their brothers and all Muslims, and should focus on fighting the enemies of Islam from Baathists,(Alawites) and their Shiite allies."
The al Qaeda leader also passed on orders for ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and his followers to focus on the fight in Iraq, where sectarian violence has reached the highest levels in more than five years, often pitting Sunnis, a minority in Iraq, against Shiite Muslims...
< http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/03/world/meast/aym... ;
Have a nice CLUE filled day-
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHmm(ies)
and who do you think is pulling al Qaeda's strings?????
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150453 Jun 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks__Galt couldn't, or didn't want to reveal his source for the same sad story.
It really is sad.
Allison seams like a very nice gal though__one who was enabled by the Marine Corps to attend a good university in Malibu CA. Most (the fking lions share) of the children of deceased veterans would never be so lucky.
And of course the deceased, had previously dumped Allison's cancer stricken mother for a fellow CIA employee well before his own demise essentially leaving Allison an orphan.
He wasn't the first American military casualty in Afghanistan__he wasn't military but CIA.
His wiki page is reasonably accurate.
Mohammed Fazi, who was in US captivity since 2001 was never charged and would have been released in the near future as the US winds down it's presence in Afghanistan..
As Paul Harvey would say__
insurance plus the death gratuity pays $500,000, enough to send the child to Pepperdine....but still is not sufficient payment....

as for your personal attack on an American who died in combat while serving his country honorably (as opposed to your buddy Bergdahl).....well, what can anybody expect from a draft-dodging scumbag used car dealer like you.....

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1150454 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a really great idea. How bout you and all the rest of the illegal alien-loving leftwingers take in those children Obama has allowed to cross the border, and provide for their needs at your own expense.
As soon as you right-wingers adopt all the Black babies you deny their mothers birth control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago is much worse since Obama was elected 11 hr Abc123 3
Tecumseh the prophet 12 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
john peppercorn the prophet 12 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 13 hr ThomasA 24
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 hr Chicagoan by Birth 242,540
The Party of Racism. 16 hr Its The Democrats 2
Only Mother Fu__ers would destroy our statues. 17 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages