Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1760708 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150419 Jun 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
200 American contractors?
tell ya what....when someone beyond right wing nutjob sites run with that story let me know. because until then....there is no story.
When posting on Topix, there is a fine line between "what's on your deranged mind" and "You should probably see a therapist about this." Spammer.

sonicmoron: "A racist who sows discord and ignorance on the Topix by starting arguments by cutting and pasting extraneous, no-brainer off-topic messages with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion with ignorance...

It's the culture...
Jake

Jonesboro, AR

#1150420 Jun 13, 2014
harmonious wrote:
is anyone who doesn't have their head up their rear surprised?
Obama Is Now More Unpopular Than Ever
President Barack Obama is viewed more...
Business Insider
Why is he down in the polls? He has lied so much to the American people we now don't believe anything he says. Iraq has blowed up in his face, he now has little kids pilling into our country illegally knowing we won't send them home I wonder what plan he has for taking care of all those kids? He is probably going to tell us we have to take at least one of the children in our homes or be fined. What happened to the borders being safer than they have ever been?????????? Another lie.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1150421 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Most bunkers are below ground but have it your way. What do you have a treehouse?
My house here is 18 feet above sea level. The 'bunker' is 2750 feet above sea level. Up, moran!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150422 Jun 13, 2014
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a really great idea. How bout you and all the rest of the foxbot, nationbuilfing pro Iraq war RWNJ's get the hell over there to rescue them?
Get going.....I'll pay your way loudmouth chickenhawk hypocrite.
but yet you supported Obama on Libya and Syria.....

and now the weapons that Obama provided to the Libyan rebels are being used against the government of Iraq.....

Obama is a dangerous fool....

but he is living large in Palm Springs....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1150423 Jun 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
We anti-war protesters were right: the Iraq invasion has led to bloody chaos
The horrific fallout from the war was inevitable, and continues today. This calamity must never be allowed to happen again
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014...
Yep. The Bush legacy continues...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150424 Jun 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
President Barack Obama said Friday that the U.S. will not send troops back into Iraq to fight against militants who have already captured two cities there and were marching toward Baghdad. He did not rule out taking other military action, however.
"We will not be sending U.S. troops back into combat in Iraq," Obama said in a statement at the White House. "But I have asked my national security team to prepare a range of other options that could help support Iraqi security forces and I'll be reviewing those options in the days ahead."
The President emphasized that while the U.S. would lend aid, the Iraqi government would ultimately need to take responsibility for resolving sectarian differences.
"Nobody has an interest in seeing terrorists gain a foothold inside of Iraq and nobody is going to benefit from seeing Iraq descend into chaos. The United States will do our part," he added. "But understand that ultimately it's up to the Iraqis, as a sovereign nation, to solve their problems."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-n...
party fundraisers and golf are more important than his job.....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1150425 Jun 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Dang__it was an easy question, why run?
What, if anything, would you have traded for Bergdahl?
I would have given them 10, everyone knows one American is worth ten Afghani. Plus better to kill them on the battlefield than house and feed them in prison.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1150426 Jun 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> My house here is 18 feet above sea level. The 'bunker' is 2750 feet above sea level. Up, moran!
You truly are a fckin' idiot, for awhile there I thought you were just faking.

Try not to slip on the peanut shells on your way out of Jerry's later.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1150427 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only people affected by storm surges are those foolish enough to build too near the water....
The area has been plagued by storm surges since the 1600's. These morans can't understand most of the area is filled in swamp and a lot is below sea level. They are sheeple without a thought of their own ever.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1150428 Jun 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rewriting history? LOL, some of these teaturds are trying to rewrite the present.
You're absolutely right. I just was amazed by the utter cluelessness of right wing morons trying to make the case that Bill Clinton got us into Iraq and Obama got us out too soon. Its almost as if they aren't aware that Bush/Cheney were ever in office.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150429 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. The Bush legacy continues...
just keep mouthing those platitudes as your party goes down the drain in November because America is ashamed of its government.....
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1150430 Jun 13, 2014
Daughter of first American killed in Afghanistan learns freed Taliban leader was behind it

Great going Obama!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/13/family-f...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150431 Jun 13, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>When posting on Topix, there is a fine line between "what's on your deranged mind" and "You should probably see a therapist about this." Spammer.
sonicmoron: "A racist who sows discord and ignorance on the Topix by starting arguments by cutting and pasting extraneous, no-brainer off-topic messages with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion with ignorance...
It's the culture...
jealous? i mean, really. who pays attention to you anymore?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1150432 Jun 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
President Barack Obama said Friday that the U.S. will not send troops back into Iraq to fight against militants who have already captured two cities there and were marching toward Baghdad. He did not rule out taking other military action, however.
"We will not be sending U.S. troops back into combat in Iraq," Obama said in a statement at the White House. "But I have asked my national security team to prepare a range of other options that could help support Iraqi security forces and I'll be reviewing those options in the days ahead."
The President emphasized that while the U.S. would lend aid, the Iraqi government would ultimately need to take responsibility for resolving sectarian differences.
"Nobody has an interest in seeing terrorists gain a foothold inside of Iraq and nobody is going to benefit from seeing Iraq descend into chaos. The United States will do our part," he added. "But understand that ultimately it's up to the Iraqis, as a sovereign nation, to solve their problems."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-n...
Obama's statement gives the terrorists a green light, with nothing to fear from the US.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1150433 Jun 13, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Daughter of first American killed in Afghanistan learns freed Taliban leader was behind it
Great going Obama!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/13/family-f...
Thanks__Galt couldn't, or didn't want to reveal his source for the same sad story.

It really is sad.

Allison seams like a very nice gal though__one who was enabled by the Marine Corps to attend a good university in Malibu CA. Most (the fking lions share) of the children of deceased veterans would never be so lucky.

And of course the deceased, had previously dumped Allison's cancer stricken mother for a fellow CIA employee well before his own demise essentially leaving Allison an orphan.

He wasn't the first American military casualty in Afghanistan__he wasn't military but CIA.

His wiki page is reasonably accurate.

Mohammed Fazi, who was in US captivity since 2001 was never charged and would have been released in the near future as the US winds down it's presence in Afghanistan..

As Paul Harvey would say__
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150434 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's statement gives the terrorists a green light, with nothing to fear from the US.....
air support.

VERY few Americans will want Obama to send troops back into Iraq. i realize that republicans don't really care what America thinks, but hey, you nutjobs really don't want back in the WH anyway, do you?

the only problem i see with Hillary being elected.....too hawkish. voters are fed up with that crap.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1150435 Jun 13, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine if COMPETENCE had prevailed and the initial switch of 15 peons for Boew B had been considered...rather than the just more "dazed and confused LACK of leadership" that WAS.
The five ranking/active Taliban operatives recently released, ya know...just before this coinkdink all this Taliban seige broke out---might've still be contained.
Ahhh, the wonder of the Foreign Policy FAILURES, over the past recent few years.
Just flckn Uhhhhhmazing.
exact;y what Taliban seiges are you talking about?

oh BTW, do you have a link to that Pentagonís Institute for Defense Analyses intel report on Saddam's connections to al Qaeda. I'd like to read it for myself
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1150437 Jun 13, 2014
Poll: Grim assessment of wars in Iraq, Afghanistan

....when it comes to Iraq, support for the decision to go to war has crashed. The invasion was launched in March 2003 with Bush administration officials asserting President Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, though they were never found. At the beginning, Americans by 3-1 called it the right decision.

Now, by 50%-38%, they call it the wrong one.

The biggest shift in attitudes toward the Iraq War came among Republicans and those who lean to the GOP. In 2011, 65% of them said the war had succeeded; now just 38% do. A double-digit gap between Republican and Democrat views in 2011 has now been largely erased.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1150438 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
did it ever occur to you that there is nothin the U.S. can do cocerning the path Iraq is going down and the eventual outcome. Contrary to what you believe the U.S. is not omnipotent. What is going on right now in Syria and Iraq is a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran. You want to stop al Qaeda, look to Saudi Arabia. After all, that is the home of Wahhabism
oh my

Lithuania

#1150439 Jun 13, 2014
???????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 2 hr The real Rudy 89
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr MPMMB 2,614
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 4 hr MPMMB 105
Review: Chicago Union Station Amtrak 4 hr CHICAGO IL UNION ... 1
Review: WGN TV Chicago Channel 9 4 hr TV PRODUCER 1
Clear Blue Skies over Windy City/Chicago, Illin... 4 hr CLEAR BLUE SKY CH... 1
Johnny brandenburg 5 hr Wanting answers 10

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages