Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403949 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1149511 Jun 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
The subjective definition of "least competent".
Funny ... those who are most concerned about the subjective definition of "least competent" in the workplace are typically those labeled as "least competent. One has to wonder.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1149512 Jun 11, 2014
Hagel says he's not going under the bus for Obama on Bergdahl.

LMAO!!!!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1149515 Jun 11, 2014
flack wrote:
Hagel says he's not going under the bus for Obama on Bergdahl.
LMAO!!!!
Not sure what's so funny.
Why would anyone be thrown under the bus for trading an American soldier for five goat herders? Only a moron like you would have let the Taliban behead an American soldier to then say Obama allowed him to be slaughtered.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1149516 Jun 11, 2014
Say! Wonder whatever happened to that jet plane that went missing a couple of months ago. Did they ever find it? You know with all those great spy satellites everybody has up there? You know the ones that could see WMDs being moved to Syria from Iraq? HMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1149517 Jun 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Not sure what's so funny.
Why would anyone be thrown under the bus for trading an American soldier for five goat herders? Only a moron like you would have let the Taliban behead an American soldier to then say Obama allowed him to be slaughtered.
What's funny is Hagel refuses to fall on the sword for Obama.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1149518 Jun 11, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah .... in other words ..... They can be abysmal at their job of teaching and when the school attempts to dismiss them they can bankrupt the school in legal fees.
If Tenure was so important to the due process of the employee, then why is this not more prevalent in other industries?
Tenure appears great for the pathetic teachers in our schools today, but the children are of little concern.
Your lack of success in education isn't necessarily a reflection on the educational opportunities you've had, but more likely your inability to use them.
What's pathetic is people like you that won't take responsibility for their own failures, e.g. the teacher made me stupid, the president can't find me a job......
Olive Oil and Sweat Pea

Buffalo, NY

#1149519 Jun 11, 2014
PS About "new yawk": Many posting under this One Name.

Never know who, or which one you're gonna get.

Sock "fred" ( as one poster mentioned 3 days back )
was never a part of:
Our Illustrious Legion: The Olive OIL Business.

Now, would I lie to you Nukie-No-Nuts ?!

Ciao & Rimanere Pazzo! LOL!

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You, OTOH, are a moron. Likely the dumbass NewYawk in drag!!

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1149520 Jun 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you supported Bundy's crimnal actions in spite of years of Coourt actions against him.
You said not a word about the folks in NE and TX who've had their land taken for Keystone.
Funny how carefully you pick which Gov't actions you decide to protest against..........
You're a phony, as much as any of the other right wing nitwits here.
Haven't said anything about it? What do you think limiting federal government is?

Who determines what a crime is? A criminal who can make laws isn't a good thing.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1149521 Jun 11, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> All of the bums should be tossed!!!!!!!!!
And we'll have another group of bums replace them. Maybe worse bums.

Been that way since forever.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1149522 Jun 11, 2014
flack wrote:
Say! Wonder whatever happened to that jet plane that went missing a couple of months ago. Did they ever find it? You know with all those great spy satellites everybody has up there? You know the ones that could see WMDs being moved to Syria from Iraq? HMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!
This from a clown who wants to raise leeks on the moon. ROFLMAO
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1149523 Jun 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I understand, this was a very, very low turn-out election. Leading me to believe only the extremists anti-Cantor voters turned out in great numbers. Everyone else stayed home convinced there was no way Cantor could lose. Wouldn't surprise me at all if many of those pro-Cantor Republicans switch sides or just stay home again in November. It will be interesting.
I think this low voter turnout is the same way Murkowski lost in Alaska as well.

This is what I've come to expect from the t-p and their supporters so the winning isn't really a surprise. What is a surprise it who lost.

The bigger question is, is this just a precursor for things to come?
TPRTY

United States

#1149524 Jun 11, 2014
flack wrote:
Those satellites are now tracking the (bowel) movements of 5 ¨goat herders¨ released from Gitmo.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1149525 Jun 11, 2014
<quoted text>
Your lack of success in education isn't necessarily a reflection on the educational opportunities you've had, but more likely your inability to use them.
What's pathetic is people like you that won't take responsibility for their own failures, e.g. the teacher made me stupid, the president can't find me a job......
Sadly I have an education and am quite successful. So you childish taunt is meaningless,... but then you probably already knew that but your indoctrination caused the reflex action of sophomoric jabs.

The fact that you are quick to excuse the proficiency of the educators leads me to believe as I stated before ... you or someone close to you "is" one of these tenured failures.

The problem with your final statement is this: The president is not responsible for finding someone a job .... but the teacher "is" responsible for educating their students. It's apparent that someone failed you.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1149526 Jun 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
All candidates have advisors. It is obvious from his lack of knowledge about anything other than immigration, someone was behind his campaign.
Understood. But there's a big difference between advisors who campaign and advisors who coach you on what you stand for.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is Brat spent so much time vilifying Cantor, did he even have a platform of his own? I can't believe he goes on national TV and has the gall to believe the show is tailored to selected talking points.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1149527 Jun 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the owner of Homer City Station, General Electric, has plans to install additional sulfur dioxide controls, but has not yet done so......the previous owners of the plant went bankrupt.....
additional controls will be required on nitrogen oxides and carbon dioxide, at vastly higher cost....whether GE will continue with these plans in the face of the new Obama regulations is unknown.....
let's wait and see if Homer City (and its jobs) remains open.....
Funny how much you follow that from CA, eh Nobraina!! HAHAHAHAHA

But as usual, you lie. Who went bankrupt??

>>Until its construction in the 1960s by the Pennsylvania Electric Co.(PenElec) and others, much of the property was owned by the Benamati family. In 1969, generating units #1 and #2 began operation, while unit #3 began operating in 1977.[2]

In 2001, affiliates of General Electric bought the plant from Edison, and subsequently leased it back to them. In 2011, Edison International failed to secure financing to add pollution-control devices and announced plans to transfer full control of the plant to General Electric. On February 29, 2012, Edison took a $1 billion impairment charge related to the Homer City plant and several other coal-fired power plants. At the end of 2012 full control of the plant was transferred back to General Electric, which hired an NRG affiliate to operate the plant.<<

----------

Dirty power plant in Homer City to get clean

""HOMER CITY — Three years ago, the operators of one of the nation’s dirtiest coal-fired power plants warned of “immediate and devastating” consequences from the Obama administration’s push to clean up pollution from coal.

Faced with cutting sulfur dioxide pollution blowing into downwind states by 80 percent in less than a year, lawyers for EME Homer City Generation L.P. sued the Environmental Protection Agency to block the rule, saying it would cause it grave harm and bring a painful spike in electricity bills.

None of those dire predictions came to pass. Instead, the massive Indiana County power plant is expected in a few years to turn from one of the worst polluters in the country to a model for how coal-fired power plants can slash pollution.

The story of the Homer City plant reflects the precarious position of older coal-fired plants these days, squeezed between cheap and plentiful natural gas and a string of environmental rules the Obama administration has targeted at coal, which supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s electricity. The latest regulation, the first proposal to curb earth-warming carbon dioxide from power plants, is due next week. It will pose yet another challenge to coal-fired power plants. Dozens of coal-fueled units have already announced they would close in the face of new rules.

But Homer City also shows how political and economic rhetoric sometimes doesn’t match reality. Despite claims by Republicans and industry critics that the Obama administration’s regulations will shut down coal-fired power plants, Homer City survived – partly because it bought itself time by tying up the regulation in courts. Even environmental groups that applaud each coal plant closing and protested Homer City’s pollution now say the facility is setting a benchmark for air pollution control that other coal plants should follow, even if it took decades.

“If there is a war on coal, that plant won,” said Eric Schaeffer, the executive director of the Environmental Integrity Project and a former enforcement official at EPA.

The owners of the massive western Pennsylvania power plant – which releases more sulfur dioxide than any other power plant in the U.S.– have committed to install $750 million worth of pollution control equipment by 2016 that will make deeper cuts in sulfur than the rule it once opposed.""

----------

So it's your lies vs. my cut 'n paste.

You lose.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1149528 Jun 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you haven't noticed...Cruz isn't a "Natural Born" citizen making him ineligible for a run in 2016. Surely you are not suggesting that all the "birthers" were wrong, are you?
lol! I'd like to see him run, tho and use Obama as an 'excuse.'

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1149529 Jun 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they anti-semetic? No, I don't think so. "Anti-Semitism is a hatred toward Jews—individually and as a group—attributable to the their religion."Jewish religion and/or ethnicity." Certainly, the TP's on this thread are anything but...they 'd defend Israel to the death. The Tea Party is fractured. Some have used the Holocaust to press their case and others have blamed Jews for causing our economic problems. Neither of those is supportive or against the Jewish religion.
However, "At TP rallies some protesters have carried signs comparing President Obama’s efforts to achieve health care reform with the Nazi’s pursuit of the final solution; the eradication of the Jews. Some carry signs blaming Jewish bankers for the economic crisis. Helpless victims or manipulative money lenders; these anti-Semitic stereotypes add to the already smoldering cauldron of conspiracy theories manifest in the Tea Party movement."
I think Tea Party members use God and Jews as tools of manipulation.
I don't know, they don't look like tea party to me.

https://www.google.com/search...

TPRTY

United States

#1149530 Jun 11, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> What's funny is Hagel refuses to fall on the sword for Obama.
What's even funnier is the leftist POS you're replying to thinks we believe Obama's main concern was the life of an American soldier.

Obama has even less respect for our military than the Clinton's -- and that's a fact.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1149531 Jun 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the enthusiasm of Conservative voters spells trouble for DemoKKKrats in November......
Enthusiasm doesn't buy votes.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1149532 Jun 11, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a point they all reach, especially on the national level, when they stop caring and become selfish, greedy and corrupt. Term limits MUST become a reality.
Get over it pally__Cantor will be a terrific lobbyist for the Kochbreath brothers and big oil.

But he will never be POTUS, VP, or even a secretary of something and that's a very good thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 219,440
Oceans Gentlemen's Club. A totally awesome, er... 9 min Strip club man 1
The Official Jonas Brother Chat Room!!!! (Oct '08) 3 hr Kayla Phillips 751
Rating girls 3 hr Habsm22 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr dGo mnaDed lyoH r... 60,658
Obama to head Mosque in City, 4 hr Sis Marian Roberta 1
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 2,271
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Sublime1 103,130

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages