Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509157 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1149767 Jun 12, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Two worthless, cowardly bas-tards.
Excellent descriptives of-
Saddam and bin_laden.
(How's the handicapper Goober-still recovered okay from pneumonia type illness w/no set backs hopefully...that type of stuff can be pretty rough on horse!!)
I'm becoming a bit worried, I believe that I'm starting to understand you.How my girl Grimes doing, you know McConnell is history.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1149768 Jun 12, 2014
Al Qaeda-inspired militants vow push against Baghdad as Iraq forces flee

http://www.foxnews.com/

Where's the Stooge Obama, hiding under his desk yet again?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1149769 Jun 12, 2014
Obama During Campaign:“Al Qaeda Has Been Decimated”

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1149770 Jun 12, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, its a example of the long history of the fires of war that have existed, no matter wth we do, or don't do.
And the IGNORANCE of those that apparently have NO clue about such.
OTHERWISE, we'd already have us some..
KEYSTONE North Continental Oil Independence..up and going!!
Wow...see....now I have to address you as Sonicmoron of a jackboot licking blind lemming partay of occupy others anything and/or Whine and snivel about such-- again.
And you were doing pretty good so far this week.
Carry on...after you slap yourself between you eyeballs for slipping backwards anyway.
oh i do kinda get it.

Obama Adopts the Bush Doctrine

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/postri...

whilst some right wing nutjob points out that Obama's foreign policy polling is below 50% without said nutjob taking to find out the reason. or maybe it's just ignoring the reason. you know, more of the long suffering Bush apology tour.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1149771 Jun 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, ten years prior & to which Bush Sr drove Sadam back into Bagdad & had him pinned down with no fly zones.
Happen with a coalition & in a short period of time. He had no need for a long term large military presence & no need to nation build.
George HW Bush was a great President. His son was an idiot for invading Iraq and opening the door to this civil war & the rising of Iran.
That is a failure of foreign policy.
Nest time...read past Saddam...onto bin_laden...anti American DUHMmy.

And if you want to discuss arms to Libya (Benghazi) and all the rest of the FAILED Foreign NO Policy of those big black flags Allll over the place now, over the past three or so years...you need to pull your head out of the azzes of ignorance of "it awrl a bushers--any ol bushers faurlt" first...

DUHmmy.

Because "aint" no Bush been POTUS for quite awhile now.

DUHHHHHHHHHH (jackboot, ozombie lemming licking) A Vey.
Dr Root

Palm Coast, FL

#1149772 Jun 12, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations PDupont, you have every reason to be proud and so does your son. I'm sure big things are in store for him in the near future. We need more young people like that.
Your support of parasites has been duly noted.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1149773 Jun 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
electric....
'The electric power industry's plan to retire more than 10% of its coal-fired generators within a decade will do almost nothing to reduce the nation's emissions of heat-trapping carbon dioxide, a USA TODAY analysis finds.
The 140 slated retirements — mostly small, old generating units in the Midwest and South — account for only 4% of all CO2 emitted last year by U.S. power plants. In fact, not one ranks among the top 100 units for carbon emissions and only 12 are among the 475 units that comprise the top 10% of emitters, according to a review of 2013 federal data.'
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...
This does fit the Obama & Democrats War on Jobs though!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1149774 Jun 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
A part of me feels sorry for them but, mostly, I blame them for putting us all in greater danger by continually supporting a president who has failed miserably on every front.
He maneuvered government control of about 31% of the U.S. economy with banking and health care and now wants to control the energy sector - another 10.5% of the economy.
While we are witnessing all of this, we have become unthinkably vulnerable. Jihadists are winning and growing in number nine times greater than 9/11. They have nothing better to do than plan another bigger and better 9/11 now that Obama called it quits and will close Gitmo.
It's not a matter of political debate and drawing lines in the sand anymore. We are at a perilous crossroads domestically and on the world stage.
The left continues to defend a president who is clearly dictating our ruin and downfall whether it's intentionally or incompetently.
No one would have believed it possible even three or four decades ago.
But our vulnerability has never been so exposed under this president's leadership and liberal policies. So I blame them and - God forbid - any worst case scenarios.
I'm very concerned for all of us. For the first time since 9/11, I truly don't feel safe anymore. Hard for me to believe I'm the only one.
Too many folks are forgetting why Gitmo was set up in the first place: to house jihadist criminal murderers - to help remove the cancer that is ravaging the world body.

Along come the Magic Negro and he wants to release those prisoners. He promised to shut down Gitmo. Do you recall when he and Eric Racist Holder tried to get all the Gitmo residents into civilian courts? The great danger in this was felt by all Congressman, Right and Left alike. Take some jihadist Allah punk and send him to a Wisconsin prison to serve out, say, a 5 year sentence. The worry was that the Boy President and his racist sidekick would, after 5 years, allow that animal to enter American society as a new citizen like he does with all the other illegals pouring across our borders.

Allowing Muslim scum a free ride right into the center of America would be enough for any Democrat to lose their seat. They were scared not for America but for their own asses.

This Oval Office azzhole is attempting to disassemble America one brick at a time and too many folks are more than happy to hand him a chisel when he asks for one.

Dreams From My Marxist Bas Turd Father has become an American Nightmare.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1149775 Jun 12, 2014
NYC, Dope heads and Racist Democrats...

"According to the latest numbers from the Marijuana Arrest Research Project (MARP), New York cops busted an average of 80 pot smokers a day during the first four months of this year, slightly higher than the daily average of 78 under Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly during the same period of last year. Now as then, the arrestees are overwhelmingly (86 percent) black or Latino, overwhelmingly (79 percent) between the ages of 16 and 34, and overhelmingly (73 percent) first-time offenders'

http://reason.com/blog/2014/06/11/de-blasio-i...
Dr Root

Palm Coast, FL

#1149776 Jun 12, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Far more revealing about your perverted self Waxman. You always pretend to get someone else to protect you...How transparent can you get LOSER.
You're revealing yourself as a transparent pervert. How honestly distasteful!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1149777 Jun 12, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm becoming a bit worried, I believe that I'm starting to understand you.How my girl Grimes doing, you know McConnell is history.
I think I'd be tired too if I was him!

(I think Ms. Grimes gets it, so...that's a good thing, in these days of WTH????!!)

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1149778 Jun 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
electric....
'The electric power industry's plan to retire more than 10% of its coal-fired generators within a decade will do almost nothing to reduce the nation's emissions of heat-trapping carbon dioxide, a USA TODAY analysis finds.
The 140 slated retirements — mostly small, old generating units in the Midwest and South — account for only 4% of all CO2 emitted last year by U.S. power plants. In fact, not one ranks among the top 100 units for carbon emissions and only 12 are among the 475 units that comprise the top 10% of emitters, according to a review of 2013 federal data.'
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...
The goal is 30% reduction from 2005 emissions by 2030. That 4% represents nearly 15% of that goal.

"The top 100 emitters — all coal — account for only 2% of generating units but 25% of total plant emissions" Maybe states should concentrate of these.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1149779 Jun 12, 2014
The alarming rate of school shootings across the country appears to have added an unsettling new item to parents' list of "back to school" items: bulletproof armor for their children. Among such items, the Bodyguard Blanket, a portable, bulletproof covering for children, has seen its sales exceed its manufacturer's expectations in less than two weeks on the market.

Stan Schone, managing partner at manufacturer ProTecht, told The Huffington Post that consumer response to the product has "far exceeded our wildest expectations" in the 10 days that the blanket has been available for purchase.

As reported first in the Oklahoman, the blanket was conceived to protect children during natural disasters. The blanket is made "with the same bullet resistant materials that shield our soldiers in battle," according to one advertisement. In the event of a tornado -- or shooting -- children can wrap themselves in the blanket in a duck-and-cover position to shield from bullets, debris or other projectiles.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/12/bull...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1149780 Jun 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
And speaking of failed foreign policy...
NBC News
June 11, 2014
Following a wave of violence that has seen two major cities fall to insurgent forces, the government of Iraq has asked the United States for air assistance in quelling the uprising by al-Qaeda affiliated militants, U.S. officials confirmed to NBC News on Wednesday.
The White House is mulling several options 'including the possibility of providing 'kinetic support' for the Iraqi military" which is fighting the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, an affiliate of al-Qaeda.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/iraq-asks-u...
Can someone explain to me what "kinetic support" means?
"kinetic support" means that the Magic Negro and Suzie Brown Rice will be clapping their support from the sidelines.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1149781 Jun 12, 2014
When Progressives are in charge...

'FAA changes hiring practices for air traffic controllers ignoring qualified students and vets'

'DENVER - Thousands of potential FAA air traffic control trainees, with College Initiative Training (CTI) degrees or previous military experience, have been told by the federal agency they are no longer eligible for job interviews. Instead, the FAA has decided to accept less qualified applicants, apparently to satisfy concerns that the agency needs a more diverse workforce.'

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/call7-in...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1149782 Jun 12, 2014
What have they added to the water in Indianapolis that makes one think that the Federal Giverment is all things to all people? That all people should live as they do in Russia or other Communist countries, dependant on the Giverment? We now have a guy in the White House who thinks that way, he has been depenent on giverment subsidies his entire life. Now the Federal Giverment will support him for the rest of his life, Ain't we just the luckiest citizens ever?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1149783 Jun 12, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many folks are forgetting why Gitmo was set up in the first place: to house jihadist criminal murderers - to help remove the cancer that is ravaging the world body.
Along come the Magic Negro and he wants to release those prisoners. He promised to shut down Gitmo. Do you recall when he and Eric Racist Holder tried to get all the Gitmo residents into civilian courts? The great danger in this was felt by all Congressman, Right and Left alike. Take some jihadist Allah punk and send him to a Wisconsin prison to serve out, say, a 5 year sentence. The worry was that the Boy President and his racist sidekick would, after 5 years, allow that animal to enter American society as a new citizen like he does with all the other illegals pouring across our borders.
Allowing Muslim scum a free ride right into the center of America would be enough for any Democrat to lose their seat. They were scared not for America but for their own asses.
This Oval Office azzhole is attempting to disassemble America one brick at a time and too many folks are more than happy to hand him a chisel when he asks for one.
Dreams From My Marxist Bas Turd Father has become an American Nightmare.
So, Shinningretard; why didn't your boy Bush kill them when he had the chance? You can't hold people forever without charging them. Furthermore, Bush released more of those prisoners than President Obama has, it is inevitable so just stop lying.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1149784 Jun 12, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
The claim was that hat Al Qaeda's core had been decimated. This is true.

However, I am not surprised that you would lie like you did.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1149785 Jun 12, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
My "parasite" kid this week wrote letters of gratitude and appreciation to several D Day veterans which were signed by the Congressman and has arranged for flags to be flown over the Capitol in their honor and which will be later presented to them. He also recently gained the gratitude of a Republican House staffer for straightening out an issue with survivor benefits for her disabled brother.
When he came home for Memorial Day and his presence was announced at Sunday services he received a standing ovation from the congregation. When's the last time you got one cretin?
You're an idiot Galt; you always have been and always will be.
Congratulations; sounds like you have raised a fine young man any parent would be proud to have.
Galt's a miserable lifer at Shady Pines; hence his miserable posts.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1149786 Jun 12, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
After a careful analysis of your posts here I'm afraid you don't meet the minimal standards necessary to participate in the intellectual discussion on Topix.
I'm sorry but we're going to have to replace you with someone that has a brain.
Phenomenal post!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr believed 239,570
Obama has LEAK under sink. 8 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 8 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 8 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 8 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages