Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1617609 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1148846 Jun 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me say no one gives a shit where you were born. It took eight years for Bush-Cheney to destroy this nation and all the while idiots like you cheered them on. If Obama had a Congress that was as concerned about helping correct the ship [Titanic] that Bush left we would be far further along the road to recovery. The hatred and bigotry from the right is never ending and basically that's pretty much all you baggers have. You are an embarrassment to yourself and fellow Americans.Along with the advanced stage of ignorance fueled by that very same hatred. So whine some more fool.
Ghostie, Everyone knows you were hatched. You prove it with the chicken brain you use when posting? For those (you) whom are weak in Costitutional law, all you offer is "It's Bush's fault" If.... you are a teacher(God help your students) because you can't. You don't know history, and your professors are shaking their collective heads? Most of them wish they lived in a "collective? Most of us outgrew the influneces of our 'communistic' professors after we entered the real world, you for obvious reasons did not? It isn't the Federal Giverment job, to do any more than protect us from outside influences. But since Elenour Roosevelt the Federal Giverment, has taken the role of 'wet nurse' to the citizens of this country, and played on that senerio since 1936. The year Social Security was shoved down the throats of the American citizen.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1148847 Jun 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
In fact, the more liberal a woman is the more she'll start looking like a man. In contrast, Conservative women have very feninine features, and the more Conservative they are the more feminine and or pretty they look. Mind you, this study comes from UCLA--not exactly a Conservative school
http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/the-gop-has...
This explains why the First Cow looks like a Bull.

Lapeer, MI

#1148848 Jun 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
A picture is worth a thousand word:
http://jerseynut.blogspot.com/2011/05/young-o...
Obama = Jive-Ass turkey punk
So the more Liberal that a man becomes, the more feminine he is.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1148849 Jun 10, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to leave Afghanistan before Obama's fellow incompetent leader kill more of our kids.
We all know that under Obama, the buck stops somewhere else.
Day two...following the recent release of the Taliban five-

Gunmen Attack Pakistani Airport Academy in Karachi

ISLAMABAD - Gunmen attacked an airport security training facility in Karachi on Tuesday, two days after militants brandishing machine guns and a rocket launcher stormed the city's main airport and set off an hours-long battle that left some 36 people dead.

The military downplayed the incident, saying it was in control of the facility hours after three or four gunmen fired on the installation, which is attached to the airport.

"Nothing is going on. It was nothing. No serious attack. Just a hit and run," Karachi's highest ranked security official, Maj. Gen. Rizwan Akhtar, told NBC News. "The airport is 100 percent secure."

The Taliban claimed responsibility for Tuesday's attack, which forced Jinnah International Airport -- Pakistan's busiest -- to suspend flights for the second time in two days.

Duh Tah-lee-bon?? But dey not terrorists--it awrl a vid-ee-yos faurlt.

(flckn libuhrlTic imbecile idiots.)

Lapeer, MI

#1148850 Jun 10, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Mexican Repatriation
The Mexican Repatriation refers to a mass migration that took place between 1929 and 1939, when as many as two million people of Mexican descent were forced or pressured to leave the US. This event occurred during the latter end of the Hoover Presidency and into Franklin Delano Roosevelt's second term. The event, carried out by American authorities, took place without due process. The Immigration and Naturalization Service targeted Mexicans because of "the proximity of the Mexican border, the physical distinctiveness of mestizos, and easily identifiable barrios."
These actions were authorized by President Herbert Hoover and continued by FDR who was the 32nd President of the United States (1933–1945) and targeted areas with large Hispanic populations, mostly in California, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, and Michigan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Repatria...
Let's pick up where they left off.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1148851 Jun 10, 2014
Posted this on Friday but think it needs posted again.

My Fellow Americans:

Last night, when I spoke with you about the fall of Rome, I knew at that moment that troops of the United States and our Allies were crossing the Channel in another and greater operation. It has come to pass with success thus far.

And so, in this poignant hour, I ask you to join with me in prayer:

Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity.

Lead them straight and true; give strength to their arms, stoutness to their hearts, steadfastness in their faith.

They will need Thy blessings. Their road will be long and hard. For the enemy is strong. He may hurl back our forces. Success may not come with rushing speed, but we shall return again and again; and we know that by Thy grace, and by the righteousness of our cause, our sons will triumph.

They will be sore tried, by night and by day, without rest -- until the victory is won. The darkness will be rent by noise and flame. Men's souls will be shaken with the violences of war.

For these men are lately drawn from the ways of peace. They fight not for the lust of conquest. They fight to end conquest. They fight to liberate. They fight to let justice arise, and tolerance and goodwill among all Thy people. They yearn but for the end of battle, for their return to the haven of home.

Some will never return. Embrace these, Father, and receive them, Thy heroic servants, into Thy kingdom.

And for us at home -- fathers, mothers, children, wives, sisters, and brothers of brave men overseas, whose thoughts and prayers are ever with them -- help us, Almighty God, to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith in Thee in this hour of great sacrifice.

Many people have urged that I call the nation into a single day of special prayer. But because the road is long and the desire is great, I ask that our people devote themselves in a continuance of prayer. As we rise to each new day, and again when each day is spent, let words of prayer be on our lips, invoking Thy help to our efforts.

Give us strength, too -- strength in our daily tasks, to redouble the contributions we make in the physical and the material support of our armed forces.

And let our hearts be stout, to wait out the long travail, to bear sorrows that may come, to impart our courage unto our sons wheresoever they may be.

And, O Lord, give us faith. Give us faith in Thee; faith in our sons; faith in each other; faith in our united crusade. Let not the keeness of our spirit ever be dulled. Let not the impacts of temporary events, of temporal matters of but fleeting moment -- let not these deter us in our unconquerable purpose.

With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the apostles of greed and racial arrogances. Lead us to the saving of our country, and with our sister nations into a world unity that will spell a sure peace -- a peace invulnerable to the schemings of unworthy men. And a peace that will let all of men live in freedom, reaping the just rewards of their honest toil.

Thy will be done, Almighty God.

Amen.

President Franklin D. Roosevelt - June 6, 1944

Lapeer, MI

#1148852 Jun 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sending the illegal aliens home would be cheap at any price and would open up jobs for Americans.....
Hasn't California begun issuing DL's to Illegals?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1148853 Jun 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So true, and still there are those that defend Bush Cheney to the max. Proving only that facts, reality and common sense are not virtues of or on the right.
Hi there thread BS'er & sock commander.

When is your "glorious" East Coast vacation ending, Wilhelm/Pope/Waxmoron/Emeem et al?

Lapeer, MI

#1148855 Jun 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
JFK would be considered right of center or a conservative today.
Things have gotten too complicated both domestically and on the foreign front. Not sure anyone really knows how to fix it. But we're definitely going in the wrong direction.
New leadership would help. However, we've become more vulnerable on all fronts. And we're dealing with an ideology that goes against everything that once united us. It could prove to be our undoing. Too much misinformation has created a lot of confusion as well.
Hope springs eternal but it looks a bit gloomy at present.
Often, catastrophic failure is the only path open toward fixing something broken.

Unfortunately.

Lapeer, MI

#1148856 Jun 10, 2014
Patrick wrote:
In another attempt to stem the economic threat of high student debt and win favor for his party before November’s election, President Obama on Monday signed an executive order that will limit federal student loan payments for 5 million more people.
Calling an education “the single best investment you can make in your future,” Obama extended the four-year-old Pay As You Earn initiative, which has lowered monthly payments for student who borrowed federal student loans for the first time between 2008 and 2011.
The program lowered monthly payments to 10% of a borrower’s after-tax income. Borrowers who graduated before 2008 or after 2012 had access to another program, which limits student payments to 15% of income.
Calling an education “the single best investment you can make in your future,”....

Hee, Hee. Not when Americans are left to work at McDonalds the rest of their lives.

No wonder they can't pay off their student loans.

We need a *real* President.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1148857 Jun 10, 2014
Hillary says family 'dead broke' after White House????

What a scumbagger.

"In 1978 and 1979, lawyer and First Lady of Arkansas Hillary Rodham engaged in a series of trades of cattle futures contracts. Her initial $1,000 investment had generated nearly $100,000 when she stopped trading after ten months" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_c...

"Hillary Clinton's Skeleton Closet:" - http://realchange.org/hillary.htm

Rose Law Firm

Whitewater and the Missing Billing Records

Pardons and the Riches

$100,000 payment from an Educational Foundation

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Lapeer, MI

#1148858 Jun 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
80% of the new greenhouse gas until at least 2050 will be produced by India, China and Pakistan, whose billions of people desire our lifestyles, and their leaders will try to give it to them if they want to stay in power. Africa too.
With each penny of carbon tax the Boy Messiah saddles us with, the less competitive we become in the global market.

Dreams From My Marxist Bas turd Father have become America's nightmare.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1148859 Jun 10, 2014
5 U.S. Troops Killed By Friendly Fire In Afghanistan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/10/troo...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1148860 Jun 10, 2014
flack wrote:
5 more US soldiers killed in Afghanistan today. Apparently friendly fire event.
Was that Bergdahls fault too?

The sooner our troops are out of that hell hole the better; let them all kill each other , who cares.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1148861 Jun 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Las Vegas ‘revolution’ shooters ID’d as right-wing conspiracy nuts with a deathwish
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/09/las-veg...
oops, Rox all mad because no way to lay blame on liberals. have to own this one; or at least until the right wing chain email(they were Alex Jones loving tea party NRA member registered democrats!) starts making the rounds.
Did you see their facebook photos dressed like the Joker? Good thing they killed themselves before they killed more people.

Lapeer, MI

#1148862 Jun 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Our inner city failing schools lack 2 things, parental involvement and discipline. The stories I've heard from white female teachers in them would curl yur hair. I don't now how they do it.
I have the same stories, too.

Whit Flight has a rational explanation behind it. It's called 'survival'.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1148863 Jun 10, 2014
What a scumbagger.
"In 1978 and 1979, lawyer and First Lady of Arkansas Hillary Rodham engaged in a series of trades of cattle futures contracts. Her initial $1,000 investment had generated nearly $100,000 when she stopped trading after ten months" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_c...
Rose Law Firm
Pardons and the Riches
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Moran alert

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1148864 Jun 10, 2014
<quoted text>
But a moron like you is too stupid & dishonest to admit the first 6 years under Bush were far better than the last 6 years under your Teleprompter Stooge.
With you commies, it's always propaganda, DemoKraut party first, country last.
Dumbfk.
You were almost right about something, but as usual your moronic logic fell off the cliff. Bush spent his first six years burning up the surplus in America's budget. By the last two years the cost of his unprovoked and unpaid for war, his tax cuts, his free drugs program and the effects of his deregulation of the banking system sent the economy into a recession. Thanks to Obama we are heading back to the glory days of the Clinton administration.

Location hidden

#1148865 Jun 10, 2014
What a scumbagger.
Rose Law Firm
Pardons and the Riches
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Debunked.

Location hidden

#1148866 Jun 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling an education “the single best investment you can make in your future,”....
Hee, Hee. Not when Americans are left to work at McDonalds the rest of their lives.
No wonder they can't pay off their student loans.
We need a *real* President.
Only a moron would mock getting an education.
Your celebration of ignorance says it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min loose cannon 242,764
News Jeff Sessions claims sanctuary city policies 'e... 1 hr spud 30
Millions of dollars paid out by Norcross to Ukr... 6 hr Zofran 1
Benghazi, the REAL story. 8 hr Bad Breath 3
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 8 hr Wanting the truth 477
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr They cannot kill ... 11,420
Trump Just Sux 10 hr Toi Ohta 170

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages