Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433269 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1143667 May 30, 2014
FAKE Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Go man I WOK, Dong. I'll go fetch us all a beer. Root beer for me. Mom wouldn't like me drinking the hard stuff.
Not Surprized! LOL
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1143668 May 30, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
God am I glad I can sleep tonight knowing I'm not a worthless anti-American Democrat.
I do believe that's called a drunken stupor.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1143669 May 30, 2014
Senate to get a second chance to do right by veterans

One of the most important congressional votes of the year was held three months ago, though most of the political world didn’t even notice. There will be a similar vote next week, and chances are excellent that this one won’t be ignored.

In late February, Senate Democrats pushed a bill on expanded veterans’ benefits. It would have expanded VA health care access, tuition assistance, and job training, and the legislation’s sponsors, led by Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Chris Coons (D-Del.), were optimistic about its chances.

Their hopes were misplaced. Despite majority support and the backing of major veterans’ organizations, Senate Republicans wouldn’t even allow a vote. A filibuster from the GOP minority killed the bill, insisting Democrats hadn’t done enough to ensure the bill was paid for – because helping veterans matters, but making sure the deficit isn’t slightly larger really matters.

“I hope all the veterans groups have witnessed all the contortions the Republicans have done to defeat this bill,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said at the time.“Shame on Republicans for bringing base politics into a bill to help veterans.”

That was three months ago, and because the Beltway press didn’t much seem to care about the bill, Republicans paid no price for blocking the veterans-aid bill. As Rachel noted on the show last night, however, the GOP minority will have a second bite at the apple.

It’s not altogether clear what Republicans intend to do about it.

If it’s the exact same bill as the one they killed three months ago, how exactly will Republicans explain a change of heart? For that matter, will they even have a change of heart, or will they once again filibuster the legislation?

In February, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said the bill had “good elements,” but he was principally concerned with the “cost issue.” Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said the efforts to help veterans “cost more than our kids can afford.” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) argued against the proposal by saying,“We are $17 trillion in debt.”

All three were among the 41 GOP senators responsible for killing the bill.

But three months later, politicians seem a little more eager to stand on the side of veterans. Next week’s vote will be well worth watching.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/senat...
GIANT JOHNSON

Palm Coast, FL

#1143670 May 30, 2014
Tiny Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude... EVERYBODY'S head was banged around in they mama's belly, Dumbo... You didn't imagine that daddy "stood down" when you was on you way did you?... You t-prty morons got nobody to blame fo' you dented heads but youselves...
Get lost, Squirt!
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1143671 May 30, 2014
Thanks for laugh, call me sperm.
I have my VPN working overtime..
Not Surprized! LOL
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1143672 May 30, 2014
I'm the well known topix troll of the Topix Lie of the Year Club, Honey.
Not Surprized! LOL
BumpassTemperatu re

Palm Coast, FL

#1143674 May 30, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupid brings me great pleasure...Ghost only posts as Ghost, You old fat paranoid bas-turd. I love your misery.That's all you idiots have on the right, Whine, cry bitch and moan. Same every day I just glad it is you morons.
Major Bumpass Gay Ghost Meltdown
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1143675 May 30, 2014
God am I glad I can sleep tonight knowing I'm a worthless anti-American lying sack of sht!!
Not Surprized! LOL
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1143676 May 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Me again!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! LOL
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1143677 May 30, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet a jock strap also.
Not Surprized! LOL
BocaTwittyBar

Palm Coast, FL

#1143679 May 30, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that's called a drunken stupor.
lily boca raton fl

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1143680 May 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
All CNN said was that they served on charitable boards together. Ayers had certain projects he push as did others on that board.
That political meeting was not arranged buy Obama & BillAyers had not invited Obama.
They were not friends. CNN did not call them friends.
You are lying.
Republicans know they can't win by telling the truth so they lie. It's what they do. McCain and Palin were perhaps the worse when it came to lies and misleading statements about the Obama/Ayers relationship and where did it get them? No where! Just two people with big L's across their foreheads. Yet, Rethugs just can't let it go.

Heck, I even accused Obama together with Ayers of funneling funds from the foundation to Bernardine Dohrn until I looked into the accusation further and found out that it couldn't be further from the truth. The two worked in two different capacities and Ayers kept his distance from Obama to avoid conflict of interest since the board was funding some of Ayers’ own alternative school projects.

Might as well say that Arnold R. Weber, a Republican and former president of Northwestern University was Ayer's friend. Along with Stanley Ikenberry, a former president of the University of Illinois system; Ray Romero, a vice president of Ameritech; Susan Crown, a philanthropist; Handy Lindsey, the president of the Field Foundation of Illinois; and Wanda White, the executive director of the Community Workshop for Economic Development. After all, they all served on the same board with Ayers.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1143685 May 30, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the majority of Americans do not consider the views of Media Matters and Think Progress as rational.
Correction...the majority of Republicans, not "Americans". We already know that Republicans are incapable of rational thought. Proof is in their love of Breitbart and Fauz News.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1143688 May 30, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your head was banged around in your Mama's belly, you idiot. Every pole in the hood visited.
poor little ruskie you....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1143689 May 30, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already exceeded your quota of idiot.
lo! You've never met your quota son!!!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1143691 May 30, 2014
Hope!

Change!

"Even a former adviser to President Obama, Zeke Emanuel, predicted less than 20 percent who now get employer-provided insurance will still get it ten years from now."

Idiot Democrats.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1143692 May 30, 2014
BocaTwittyBar wrote:
<quoted text> lily boca raton fl
More proof that you are Waxnuts.
BocaTwittyBar

Palm Coast, FL

#1143693 May 30, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof that you are Waxnuts.
More proof you're the biggest dumbazz on the forum, with or without a Bumpass zip code...Bwhahahahahahaha...
Tawana

Matawan, NJ

#1143694 May 30, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps those foolish Rethugs believe that obesity is a matter of personal responsibility and none of the government's business.
Just push your fat ass away from the table before the last piece of fried chicken.
I likes collard greens withs my fried chicken and shit.
Tawana

Matawan, NJ

#1143695 May 30, 2014
Tiny Johnson wrote:
So you regard this delightful vision for a full five minutes and then you begin to roll her little white socks down to reveal her little pink feet and toes... she wiggles them ever so slightly in her girlish sleep as she senses the cool night air on her tender skin...
Posted by another mentally ill Democrat who fifty years ago would have been institutionalized to protect society but is now roaming the streets and Topix. To protect his rights, the ACLU would insist he even be allowed to be a Girl Scout Leader and live close to an elementary school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min District 1 225,417
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min iamheaven18 61,510
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,559
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Wolverine33 9,546
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr PEllen 6,755
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr PEllen 3,198
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr PEllen 2,079
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 103,641

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages