Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402781 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1143572 May 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I look up "clueless" in the dictionary, will I find your picture?
No, you'll find a little mirror.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1143573 May 30, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"scirocco"
The the only sex that "real dumb" has or ever will have, comes from his hand.
Peace
Hey pervert, you really need to quit worrying about other men and their sex activity. As that is starting to become a daily occurrence for you. As it's pretty obvious that you can only dream.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1143574 May 30, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't a 'Carney" a circus hand?
Damn! How apropos!
Congratulations muff diver on another exciting day in your no life. Kinda sad. But thanks for being a bagger, idiots like you are our best weapons.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1143575 May 30, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN: Obama’s lying about William Ayers
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/07/cnn-oba...
All CNN said was that they served on charitable boards together. Ayers had certain projects he push as did others on that board.

That political meeting was not arranged buy Obama & BillAyers had not invited Obama.

They were not friends. CNN did not call them friends.

You are lying.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1143576 May 30, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your deflection won't work, sonic.
Again.
you have no rational answer.

just the usual.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1143577 May 30, 2014
Biden urges Air Force cadets to shape 'a New World Order/One World Government'-

http://rt.com/usa/162344-biden-new-world-orde...
TPRTY

United States

#1143578 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just the usual.
Sorry, but the majority of Americans do not consider the views of Media Matters and Think Progress as rational.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1143579 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan....increased deficit threefold....expressed regret.....then Clinton fixed it.
btw...deficit now down near $500 billion. until we starting adding in the new increase from the Republicans.
Clinton's Republican Congress for six years made Clinton move to center and Clinton was just smart enough to follow their lead.

At least get the facts straight.

Obamacare will add plenty to the deficit soon enough. Patience...patience.

Orlando, FL

#1143580 May 30, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan never got the spending cuts the Democrats promised
Ain't it the truth though.

Just like House Republicans never got the cuts they were promised in 2013.
Cubby

Palm Coast, FL

#1143581 May 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman that was retiring from that Senate seat approached Obama to see if he was interested in running. She invited him to a gathering to meet some people. That meeting was in the Ayers' home.
Ayers did not invite Obama
Obama didn't know where the meeting was as he went with the State Senator.
I've been to political meetings in people's homes and that does not make me friends with them.
Obama also served on a couple of charitable committees where Ayers al;so served. I've been on hospital boards, school boards, educational trust board, and the local Salvation Army board. These people became people I knew. Not friends
When you say Obama & Ayers were friends, you are lying.
When you posted the exurb from Ayer's book, you were too GD stupid to know Ayers was mocking people like you.
Obama and Ayers were lovers before Rahm stepped in and stole Barack away.

Lapeer, MI

#1143582 May 30, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations muff diver on another exciting day in your no life. Kinda sad. But thanks for being a bagger, idiots like you are our best weapons.
I admire your independence and resourcefulness because you can get high snorting your own underwear.

I'm jealous:-).

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1143583 May 30, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Any legislation that benefits veteran's is doomed as long as we have Republicans in Congress more focused on starting conflicts than ending them.
The last bill to be shot down, I believe, was in February. The Bernard Sanders bill called for 27 new medical facilities "to help a system strained by veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars." It had bipartisan support yet Republicans shot it down by attaching to it legislation calling for possible new sanctions on Iran. Iran!! "The issue of Iran sanctions ... has nothing to do with the needs of veterans," complained Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee Chairman Bernard Sanders of Vermont, the main sponsor of the bill.
"Republicans also raised budget concerns, forcing another key procedural vote that ended up killing the bill. By a vote of 56-41, the Senate failed to waive budget rules that would have allowed the bill to proceed. Sixty votes were needed and 41 of the chamber's 45 Republicans voted against the waiver."
Shame on Republicans!!!
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/27/us-...
How did O'stupidcare start: The Senate scrapped every word of a House bill on veterans housing benefits and inserted more than 2,000 pages of O'bamacare. So not only did the democrats screw the Vets, they screwed the entire country.

Lapeer, MI

#1143584 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
just the usual.
You have yet to understand rational, sonic, so why would you go carelessly about using the word?

Reading your own posts is no way to learn about it either:-)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1143585 May 30, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the majority of Americans do not consider the views of Media Matters and Think Progress as rational.
Hmmm__majority?

How many would that be__keeping in mind that the majority is 50% plus one.
TheIndependentMa jority

Brodhead, KY

#1143586 May 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman that was retiring from that Senate seat approached Obama to see if he was interested in running. She invited him to a gathering to meet some people. That meeting was in the Ayers' home.
Ayers did not invite Obama
Obama didn't know where the meeting was as he went with the State Senator.
I've been to political meetings in people's homes and that does not make me friends with them.
Obama also served on a couple of charitable committees where Ayers al;so served. I've been on hospital boards, school boards, educational trust board, and the local Salvation Army board. These people became people I knew. Not friends
When you say Obama & Ayers were friends, you are lying.
When you posted the exurb from Ayer's book, you were too GD stupid to know Ayers was mocking people like you.
For the second time in less than eighteen months, domestic terrorist Bill Ayers admitted he wrote Barack Obama's book "Dreams From My Father."

This time, it was recorded on videotape as he was speaking last Thursday at Montclair State University (video follows with partial transcript and commentary):

UNKNOWN QUESTIONER: Time magazine columnist Joe Klein wrote that President Obama’s book “Dreams From My Father” quote “may be the best written memoir ever produced by an American politician.”

BILL AYERS: I agree with that.

QUESTIONER: What is your opinion of Barack Obama’s style as a writer?

AYERS: I think the first book is very good. The second one was more of a political hack book, but the first book’s quite good.

QUESTIONER: Right, and also, you mentioned about the Pentagon and…

AYERS: Did you know I wrote it?

QUESTIONER: What’s that?

AYERS: I wrote “Dreams From My Father.”

CROWD: We know that.

QUESTIONER: You wrote that?

AYERS: Yeah, and if you could help me prove it, I’ll split the royalties with you.

[Laughter]

Oddly, this was not the first time Ayers made such a claim. Backyard Conservative reported October 4, 2009, after meeting Ayers at Reagan National Airport in Washington, D.C.:

Then, unprompted he said--I wrote Dreams From My Father. I said, oh, so you admit it. He said--Michelle asked me to. I looked at him. He seemed eager. He's about my height, short. He went on to say--and if you can prove it, we can split the royalties. So I said, stop pulling my leg. Horrible thought. But he came again--I really wrote it, the wording was similar. I said I believe you probably heavily edited it. He said--I wrote it. I said--why would I believe you, you're a liar.

He had no answer to that. Just looked at me. Then he turned and walked off, and said again his bit about my proving it and splitting the proceeds.

Now, less than eighteen months later, he's said this again in front of an audience with a camera taping the whole thing.

As Gateway Pundit noted moments ago:

Imagine the media onslaught upon discovering that a former unrepentant radical terrorist repeatedly admitted on video he wrote George Bush’s first book. We would never hear the end of it. Of course they play by different rules when it comes to Obama. This will get the usual “nothing to see here, move along” from the MSM.

Indeed. It seems quite unlikely this will get much attention anywhere other than conservative blogs and Fox News.

After all, why would it be at all newsworthy that the President's first book was written by a domestic terrorist? These same folks didn't care about Obama's association with Ayers, Bernadine Dohrn, and Jeremiah Wright when he was on the campaign trail.

Why should they care now?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1143587 May 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
All CNN said was that they served on charitable boards together. Ayers had certain projects he push as did others on that board.
That political meeting was not arranged buy Obama & BillAyers had not invited Obama.
They were not friends. CNN did not call them friends.
You are lying.
Please-Bernadine Dorn told me personally that she baby-sat the O'bama children--do you leave your children with strangers...maybe.

Orlando, FL

#1143588 May 30, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You must be living in a different country son.
Certainly not America.
You're just much too insulated in your self-inflated bubble of denial.

Can't help you there. Trying to pop it is next to impossible. You just secure the hole and furiously start pumping again.
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1143589 May 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton's Republican Congress for six years made Clinton move to center and Clinton was just smart enough to follow their lead.
At least get the facts straight.
Obamacare will add plenty to the deficit soon enough. Patience...patience.
Weird.
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1143590 May 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't it the truth though.
Just like House Republicans never got the cuts they were promised in 2013.
Odd.
TheIndependentMa jority

Brodhead, KY

#1143591 May 30, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't a 'Carney" a circus hand?
Damn! How apropos!
Just a little surprised at THAT resignation....must currently be one sucky job for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dale 219,158
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 103,111
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cheffie 70,813
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 1,783
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,838
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr GEORGIA 6,541
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SweLL GirL 9,189

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages