Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1568049 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1143935 May 31, 2014
USAprior2008 wrote:
<quoted text> That's why a cretin like you would be mentioning Bush, Romney and Palin. Still waiting for you to admit Obama earned "Lie of the Year" for his untruthfulness about his unaffordable care act. Your still being in denial says it all, though. LOL
I will go so far as to say that once Obama became aware of the growing number of cancellations, he should have stopped quoting from the Affordable Care Act and added "unless your policy loses it's grandfather status" through policy changes. IMO, an omission is not a "lie". Romney lied. Palin lied. Bush lied. There is a difference.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1143936 May 31, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Partially. Aetna Medicare Advantage. Just started this year. One would be foolish to depend on Medicare alone without private insurance. I don't go to any mills. I went to one once where I saw a waiting room full of coughing and snot slinging derelicts. The female manager was dressed like a hooker. I walked out.
Dreadnaughts 67/68.
You mean a supplement right? Hah__it's a Medicare supplement stooge, not private insurance. And if you wish you can wire up to Part D__I don't currently but can join later if the need arises.

I have a supplement and a little VA plan as well.

I remembered 68 because part of that unit was sent to I Corp near where my unit was located.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1143937 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You and liberals hold a grudge - if it's not about the sins of the past which this generation had nothing to do with, it's about not winning an election that could have gone either way.
Conservatives, including me, have to keep reminding liberals like you that you're screwing things up. O'Reilly keeps telling you to wise up and Hannity gives you the whole scoop.
There's no grudge. Just disappointment in our fellow Americans.
AA: an alcoholic will never have a chance at recovery unless and until they admit to having a problem. "Good evening. My name is John Smith and I am an alcoholic".

So, too, with Liberals.

Lapeer, MI

#1143938 May 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know they are desperate when they start rehashing talking points from 2008. Really? Ayers and Lewinsky? The measure of their sense of hopelessness can only be measured as a googolplex.
You keep trying to slam that closet door shut but we keep opening it up to let your skeletons out:-)

Boo!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1143939 May 31, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
If Fannie and Freddie did not purchase those toxic loans the government would never had been responsible to bail anyone out and they would have never sold them without that backing.
Grow up.
Fannie and Freddie didn't purchase all that many. When the housing market imploded only 20% of their portfolio was in subprime loans the rest were purchased by banks and investment houses. Let's not forget that ratings agencies aided and abetted this by rating these mortgage backed securities as AAA. Why? Because they were paid to.
Patrick

United States

#1143940 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal protestors weren't worried about money. They didn't want to hear anything that would disrupt their liberal institution's brainwashing.
But don't you think banning free speech and any expression of thought that deviates from a one-party ideology is very Nazi/Stalin-like?.
And would you have a problem with rehabilitation camps to "redirect" conservatives' misguided thoughts as a form of punishment? Sadly enough, some liberals wouldn't.
Don't think it couldn't happen here.
On a more positive note .......

For months, critics of the Affordable Care Act boldly vowed to eradicate what they insisted was a failed health reform plan -- vows they repeated even as thousands, then tens of thousands and now hundreds of thousands of Kentuckians began accessing insurance and coverage via the health benefit exchange that we call "kynect."

Now comes Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell's amended election-year promise, delivered as he's fighting for his political life: To rid the state of the ACA even while keeping all the good that "kynect" does.

At best, of course, his promise represents a fundamental misunderstanding of the ironclad link between the ACA and "kynect." At worst, it's a blatant attempt to mislead Kentucky families for his political benefit.

While that is fun to ponder, the salient point is this: Even critics are acknowledging that the ACA is bringing health care to those who desperately need it. In short, it's working.

I see the ACA's positive impact first-hand in my home state, a place whose collective poor health has long been jeopardizing the lives and financial security of hard-working families who can't seem to get ahead.

Recently I was cornered by a Kentucky radio talk-show host with a large and rabid following. He didn't want to discuss politics or sports. Rather, he began telling me about a pre-existing health condition that for years had prevented him from obtaining health insurance. But thanks to "kynect," he now had coverage.

I wasn't surprised.

No matter where I go, I'm greeted by people who have used "kynect" to access good health, peace of mind and financial security.

A young, self-employed woman who, a month after getting coverage, was rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy.
A widow with three children whose employer didn't offer insurance.
A woman with multiple health issues who had been going without medicine while caring for a disabled adult child and four grandchildren, all of whom had insurance but her.
And a diabetic who had been unable to afford the insurance his employer offered and thus couldn't treat or monitor his condition.
In fact, over 421,000 Kentuckians have signed up for health insurance through "kynect" -- about 75 percent of whom didn't previously have insurance and about 52 percent of whom were under age 35.
USAprior2008

Palm Coast, FL

#1143941 May 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will go so far as to say that once Obama became aware of the growing number of cancellations, he should have stopped quoting from the Affordable Care Act and added "unless your policy loses it's grandfather status" through policy changes. IMO, an omission is not a "lie". Romney lied. Palin lied. Bush lied. There is a difference.
Your difference is: If Obama lies, it's an "omission"; if a Republican lies, it's a lie.
Wake up and smell the Obama snake oil, and then smell your own. No wonder you support Obama; you're BOTH liars, or as you would say, "omissionists".
Bwhahahahahahahahahaha...
Patrick

United States

#1143942 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of ties in with my last post and response to harmonious.
...which no one read so you might repost
the daily flight over Emerald City
"Surrender Obama "
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1143943 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The same question I would ask you. Eerie, huh?
Except I use actual facts and know the difference between the debt and the deficit which you continually confuse.

Lapeer, MI

#1143944 May 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. I see I hit a nerve. Good.
Yes, you did.

You hit my Funny Bone. Thank You:->
Patrick

United States

#1143945 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard this explained very well last night. Advanced technology is already replacing humans in the workplace along with hiring cheap labor from illegal immigrants and outsourcing to cheap labor in other countries. ObamaCare's part-time incentive and raising the minimum wage will mean even fewer jobs.
We'd better come up with a very good solution quickly.
Happily it may never replace your daily yarns

Lapeer, MI

#1143946 May 31, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Shinning don't have any nerves, he just sits in a mudhole and farts all day like the retard that he proves over and over.
I have 3 of the the biggest nerves of all: a Brain, a Heart and Courage.

You only have the sensory organs of a Garden Slug performing fellatio on Lawn Toads.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1143947 May 31, 2014
USAprior2008 wrote:
<quoted text> Your difference is: If Obama lies, it's an "omission"; if a Republican lies, it's a lie.
Wake up and smell the Obama snake oil, and then smell your own. No wonder you support Obama; you're BOTH liars, or as you would say, "omissionists".
Bwhahahahahahahahahaha...
LIE: "A false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood."

I'm not convinced Obama had a deliberate intent to deceive. I am convinced that Palin, Romney and Bush did.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1143948 May 31, 2014
Hmmm. Who was it that said the Obama administration was miscalculating by agreeing to negotiate with the Taliban in Afghanistan? Romney? McCain? Fox News? Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl should be thanking God that McCain and Romney lost their presidential bids.

Lapeer, MI

#1143949 May 31, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
This is heartwarming.

Carol is posting on a thread and you compliment her by raising her posts to Yarn Level.

Yours are Jute, Twine and cheap, low grade poly rope.

Duck or I'll hit you with my chain mail.

Lapeer, MI

#1143950 May 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LIE: "A false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood."
I'm not convinced Obama had a deliberate intent to deceive. I am convinced that Palin, Romney and Bush did.
Liar.

Lapeer, MI

#1143951 May 31, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
...which no one read so you might repost
the daily flight over Emerald City
"Surrender Obama "
Incognito4Ever has probably the highest response rate of any poster here at this moment.

You daily advise me to read her and learn.

And now you tell her that no one reads her posts?

You have no credibility and no brains.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1143952 May 31, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
If she'd been paying attention she would have heard about technology replacing people back during the fifties and sixties. Who can forget the key punch? If she'd been paying attention during Reagan she would know all about those who sneak in to the US through Mexico and elsewhere to do the menial labor and if she'd been paying attention during Clinton and Bush she'd already know about the millions of jobs that were outsourced.

But it took a TV show the other evening to get her to thinking?

That Carol sure has a lot to be modest about eh?
USAprior2008

Palm Coast, FL

#1143953 May 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you are still in denial. With ALL the research and "expert" testimony from his people, you are choosing to believe that not a single one of them ever "informed" him about the dubious consequences his unaffordable health care act might unleash upon the electorate? Something tells me you just might have a little "omission" to confess. LOL
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1143954 May 31, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Incognito4Ever has probably the highest response rate of any poster here at this moment.
You daily advise me to read her and learn.
And now you tell her that no one reads her posts?
You have no credibility and no brains.
Yep she's the Queen Bee.

Why aren't you up at the Mackinac Conference???

A lying azz big shot rightwing Michigander like you should be a featured guest up there.

BTW the Queen Bee had no clue that there were mosques in Detroit's suburbs until Terry Jones went up there to protest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 23 min Pasquali 11,043
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Jacques Ottawa-O... 242,137
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr RACE 3,674
Trump Just Sux 6 hr Manhunt 97
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 13 hr BIG Lie Continues 9
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 14 hr Coverup And Bombs 13
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 15 hr Willie G 69

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages