Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234370 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1142556 May 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you're demonstrating how abysmally ignorant you are Carol. Obama did try to negotiate with the Iraqi government for an agreement for retention of forces but they rejected it. The turmoil and violence are occurring not because of our absence dumbass, they were occurring with American troops present also. This violence started with our invasion. How many suicide bombings occurred before we invaded Carol? None. How many sectarian dislocations where there? None. How was the small but thriving Christian community doing before the invasion? Just fine; afterward not so much. They've been forced to flee.
The expenditure of blood and treasure in addition to the hardships that the Iraqi people are going through are the direct result of George W Bush's ego trip.
There ya go again DuhPont..readong outs Duh A Veys indoctrinational handbook authored by usamer bin_Reagan fer libuhrulTic duhmmies.

Say...What do it say about yew jackboot licking libuhrultics' other heerow...Saddam Hussien?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1142557 May 28, 2014
Ah..the quietness of worms forced to actually think....about anything beyond their wormholes lol.

Sane, rational and logical people...Have a nice day. Jackboot licking, partisan lemmings and haters...you know what you can do!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1142558 May 28, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter-it still was a PATHETIC WASTE of BILLIONS of dollars (period ". ")
Did Duh A vey happen to catch the pretty volcano piktures posted recently?
Duhhhhmmy.
Millions dumbazz. BTW the company was founded in 2005 and aside from the federal government's well known investment in the company, the State of California provided funding, tax incentives and there were also a number of private investors.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1142559 May 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing Stooge. We trust your judgment and assurances on this (NOT)!
I'm going with Carol on this one, not a certified moron like you.
Shill!
Going with Carol??? ROFLMAO
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1142560 May 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Yet another dumbass whiner who thinks the VA system is like the ACA.
Yet another leftwing terrorist dumbass who can't comprehend what he reads then replies with asinine assertions.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1142561 May 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Millions dumbazz. BTW the company was founded in 2005 and aside from the federal government's well known investment in the company, the State of California provided funding, tax incentives and there were also a number of private investors.
Every time I visit, I see this moron RealDumb is posting useless information.

<shaking head>
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1142562 May 28, 2014
You can count on me!

I, the humble BO, never lie to the people!

I just never tell them or anyone else the truth!

Suckers!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1142563 May 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, you're correct. it's not a recent discovery.
the founders had more limits on guns then we do now.
The 2nd Amendment still allows sonic to keep shooting a dead horse, though.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1142564 May 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Jok-e-poo imbecile, just like this:
The Catholic University of America
Acceptance rate: 63.2%(2012)
Bawwaaaahhhh!!!!
Where did your other kids go?
My son chose CUA because it places most of its emphasis on academics rather than pending money trying to be an NCAA powerhouse. It's also not a "party school" but rather one where serious attention to studies is encouraged. It also has a good record of placing students into internships in various organizations and on Capitol Hill that result in employment after graduation. By the way did I mention that W. Gresham Striegel, Senior Producer for the Fox News Channel is a CUA Graduate?
I know that my son made a good choice and as a result walked into a full time job unlike many graduates.
Also he's not an ignorant loser like you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142565 May 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2nd Amendment still allows sonic to keep shooting a dead horse, though.
For the past 30 years, the Second Amendment has been defined by the most radical elements of the gun-rights movement. They argue not only that the Second Amendment guarantees individuals the right to own guns—a view that represents, in my view, the best understanding of our history and tradition—but, more importantly, that nearly any restriction on the manufacture, ownership, or use of firearms infringes this sacred right.

This radical vision of the Second Amendment is remarkable mainly for having so little basis in Supreme Court case law, the text of the Constitution, and American history.

In 2008 the Supreme Court held that the Second Amendment did secure the right of law-abiding, responsible adults to have handguns in their homes for protection. Yet the court went out of its way to acknowledge that most forms of gun regulation remain constitutionally permissible.“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited,” Justice Antonin Scalia, explained. In a sentence the NRA and many gun-rights extremists apparently missed, Scalia wrote that the Second Amendment is “not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

Let’s say that again: Justice Scalia, hero of the most intransigent conservatives in the country, stated unequivocally that restrictions of Second Amendment rights are constitutional.

Indeed, Scalia’s opinion in Heller warned that “nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt” on a wide range of gun laws, including bars on felons and the mentally ill from possessing guns, restrictions on guns in “sensitive places such as schools and government buildings,” or laws “imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.” These categories capture the vast majority of gun laws in America.

In short, there’s plenty of room under the Second Amendment for gun control.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...

but hey, maybe you can resort to the dead horse of citing fake founder's quotes.

it's the only response i ever get. nutjob has nothing else. facts are not it's friend.
Loretta Lopez

New York, NY

#1142566 May 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny coming from an idiot bagger like you. Your party is only marginally better for women than the AlQaeda animals. Are you pissed because PDupont makes you feel so inferior? Hell an orangutan drunk and on meth would make you look inferior, Your lack of any kind of rational life warrants close supervision, I suspect ankle bracelets and a padded room is about as good as it gets in your psycho world.
Thanks to libs there are no more pyscho wards because they violate the rights of crazys and libs prefer they roam the streets. And then libs in Hollywood make their millions by promoting and glorifying violence in movie after gory movie--"How To" Manuals for whatever violence the crazies can't think of on their own.

Libs are for War on Life
whether they be fetus or female
and the only violence they object to is when there is a war and a Republican is President.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1142567 May 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
My son chose CUA because it places most of its emphasis on academics rather than pending money trying to be an NCAA powerhouse. It's also not a "party school" but rather one where serious attention to studies is encouraged. It also has a good record of placing students into internships in various organizations and on Capitol Hill that result in employment after graduation. By the way did I mention that W. Gresham Striegel, Senior Producer for the Fox News Channel is a CUA Graduate?
I know that my son made a good choice and as a result walked into a full time job unlike many graduates.
Don't bother discussing anything related to education with these right wing morons. They've failed so miserably at academic challenges in their lives that now they deny and mock the pursuit of knowledge. FOX and Limbaugh provide them with all the "facts" they need.
Loretta Lopez

New York, NY

#1142568 May 28, 2014
It appears that Obama had a hissy fit yesterday when asked a REAL question:

Irritated Obama scolds reporter for asking real question then huffs off

May 28, 2014

The commander-in-chief was downright grumpy Tuesday, but who can blame him? He was trying to create a perfect photo-op at the White House Science Fair when some pesky reporter for Real Clear Politics asked him a question about the White House’s approach to Syria’s civil war, according to Breitbart.

Who let that nosy broad in?

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/05/28/irrita...
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1142569 May 28, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Fools who build in flood-prone areas deserve what they get.
Darwin rules.
They wouldn't be flood prone in not for rising sea levels you ignorant twit.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1142570 May 28, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
New appliances are the ultimate symbol of success for white people.
Thank you for your support.
Yeah, we get it. You're a racist piece of crap. There's really no need to demonstrate it on a daily basis.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1142571 May 28, 2014
Brain dead liberal moron propaganda post # 1 for today - ROTFMLAO!!!
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
For the past 30 years, the Second Amendment has been defined by the most radical elements of the gun-rights movement. They argue not only that the Second Amendment guarantees individuals the right to own guns—a view that represents, in my view, the best understanding of our history and tradition—but, more importantly, that nearly any restriction on the manufacture, ownership, or use of firearms infringes this sacred right.
This radical vision of the Second Amendment is remarkable mainly for having so little basis in Supreme Court case law, the text of the Constitution, and American history.
In 2008 the Supreme Court held that the Second Amendment did secure the right of law-abiding, responsible adults to have handguns in their homes for protection. Yet the court went out of its way to acknowledge that most forms of gun regulation remain constitutionally permissible.“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited,” Justice Antonin Scalia, explained. In a sentence the NRA and many gun-rights extremists apparently missed, Scalia wrote that the Second Amendment is “not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”
Let’s say that again: Justice Scalia, hero of the most intransigent conservatives in the country, stated unequivocally that restrictions of Second Amendment rights are constitutional.
Indeed, Scalia’s opinion in Heller warned that “nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt” on a wide range of gun laws, including bars on felons and the mentally ill from possessing guns, restrictions on guns in “sensitive places such as schools and government buildings,” or laws “imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.” These categories capture the vast majority of gun laws in America.
In short, there’s plenty of room under the Second Amendment for gun control.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...
but hey, maybe you can resort to the dead horse of citing fake founder's quotes.
it's the only response i ever get. nutjob has nothing else. facts are not it's friend.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1142572 May 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be admitting that in public, unless you want to look like a fool (which you do), son!

"Gresham Striegel, Glenn Beck Producer, Leaves Fox News for MSNBC"

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/gresham-s...

ROTFLMAO!!!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1142573 May 28, 2014
CNN Anchor: Michelle Obama Can Sign Bills Into Law

May 27, 2014 By Todd Cefaratti

Michelle
Remember when we elected Michelle Obama so that she could tell us what to feed our children?

Yeah, me neither…

On Tuesday, CNN rose to its typical level of journalistic excellence when CNN’s Carol Costello played a 2010 clip of Michelle Obama speaking of the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act. After the clip, Costello reminded viewer that the preceding clip was of when Michelle Obama signed into law the act.

Of course, Michelle did not sign the act since… well, she wasn’t elected president.

The clip shows Michelle Obama saying,
“We can all agree that in the wealthiest nation on earth all children should have the basic nutrition they need to learn and grow and to pursue their dreams because in the end nothing is more important than the health and well-being of our children. Nothing. And our hopes for their future should drive every single decision that we make.”
Putting aside, for a moment, that her husband has been instrumental in creating disastrous policies that have saddled our children with a humongous national debt that will leave them with a decidedly worse-off America, Michelle’s campaign to make our children’s food taste terrible has mirrored the success of Obamacare.

Costello narrated:(emphasis added)
“That was Mrs. Obama back in 2010 when she signed the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act into law. Well now some members of Congress and the food industry want to roll back that initiative and loosen requirements to cut costs. Today the First Lady takes the unusual step of delivering White House remarks speaking out against that House measure and in another twist, a one-time ally of Mrs. Obama’s initiative is now a critic.”
Michelle Obama has been critical of a Republican-backed House measure that would scale-back the food requirements to which schools must adhere and even gave the White House remarks.

Michelle Obama, undoubtedly, holds influence in the White House; most First Ladies do. But let’s not forget one important fact: nobody elected her. She’s not a president; she’s not a lawmaker. She’s an advocate for a cause that, quite frankly, has failed and is rife with hypocrisy and egomaniacal soundbites.

It’s incredible that we live in a time when the President has dismissed the Supreme Court’s importance as “an unelected group” of people, but has offered his wife a chance to combat Congress on a measure in the House from the bully pulpit of the White House.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1142574 May 28, 2014
MRH99 wrote:
Now all of a sudden...
The State Department has issued a new travel warning for Libya, saying U.S. citizens should leave the north African country immediately because of the "unpredictable and unstable" security situation and threats of attacks against Americans.
"[Various] groups have called for attacks against U.S. citizens and U.S. interests in Libya," the State Department said in a statement. "Extremist groups in Libya have made several specific threats this year against U.S. government officials, citizens, and interests in Libya."
They should have done this before four Americans were killed...a little late on their timing.......
Look at the inept, downright juvenile and dangerous performance by the Boy Messiah:

Sep 22, 2011
Iran 'steals surface-to-air missiles from Libya': http://tinyurl.com/3je5ynq

September 26, 2013
Muslim Brotherhood steals U.S. military weapons in Libya: http://tinyurl.com/n2ax9y5

September 26, 2013
Islamist Militants Steal Hundreds of ‘Sensitive’ US Weapons in Libya:

http://tinyurl.com/ow6sasz

Wed Apr. 30, 2014
Republicans Oppose Training Libyan Pilots and Nuclear Scientists in US Because of Benghazi:

http://tinyurl.com/l9ded4o

This Boy is out-of-control confused, incompetent and gloriously stupid. America is is grave

danger with this tap-dancing, singing, step-and-fetchit community organizer train porter

azzhole with his finger on the big red button. God help us.

And now he's warning Americans to get out of Libya?!!!!

Americans should be warned to get out of America!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1142575 May 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a typical Republican. Has a net worth over $3 billion but paid zero state income tax in 2010 when her tax obligation dropped from $2.2 million in 2009 to zero due to a "restructuring" of her corporation. She has been caught on tape discussing Republican budget strategies with corrupt Scott Walker. Seems, one hand washes the other.
Jealous, you only wish you were worth that much? Typical Republican who probably gives away more in a year, than you and everyone in your neighborhood make on welfare? Give it up, if it weren't for Republicans paying taxes, moochers such as you, would be panhandling? By the way, which agency is paying your internet bill now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Six injured in shootings across Chicago 3 min reality is a crutch 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Scrutiny 190,248
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min factcheck 53,505
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 99,575
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 6,010
Abby 5-28 2 hr RACE 18
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 5 hr New Perspective 6
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]