Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1704894 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

USAprior2008

Palm Coast, FL

#1143953 May 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LIE: "A false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood."
I'm not convinced Obama had a deliberate intent to deceive. I am convinced that Palin, Romney and Bush did.
That's because you are still in denial. With ALL the research and "expert" testimony from his people, you are choosing to believe that not a single one of them ever "informed" him about the dubious consequences his unaffordable health care act might unleash upon the electorate? Something tells me you just might have a little "omission" to confess. LOL
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1143954 May 31, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Incognito4Ever has probably the highest response rate of any poster here at this moment.
You daily advise me to read her and learn.
And now you tell her that no one reads her posts?
You have no credibility and no brains.
Yep she's the Queen Bee.

Why aren't you up at the Mackinac Conference???

A lying azz big shot rightwing Michigander like you should be a featured guest up there.

BTW the Queen Bee had no clue that there were mosques in Detroit's suburbs until Terry Jones went up there to protest.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1143955 May 31, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not due to the government.
Cancelling a policy when you get sick by an insurance company was one of the problems with insurance companies. That is just plain wrong and could have been addressed without screwing up the entire system. I suppose that has a lot to due with state contract laws.
Most policies are one year contracts.

I have to renew every year. Either the price goes up or they need to switch me to a different plan because the plan I had was no longer available (cancelled).

The only difference now sf you assh*les blaming it on the ACA.

What did you blame it on before then?

If you dipstick could think, you would understand that you need the mandate to get rid of pre-existing conditions. To have a mandate, you have to define what minimum coverage is.

Statistics show that regular health care visits lower the odds of the higher costs of bigger problems down the road Lowing the cost of healthcare. Policy minimums prove for low cost/no cost visits & preventative care.

When people like you have a fit about the ACA it proves you have no understanding of it.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1143956 May 31, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to renew every year. Either the price goes up or they need to switch me to a different plan because the plan I had was no longer available (cancelled).
If you dipstick could think, you would understand that you need the mandate to get rid of pre-existing conditions. To have a mandate, you have to define what minimum coverage is.
Statistics show that regular health care visits lower the odds of the higher costs of bigger problems down the road Lowing the cost of healthcare. Policy minimums prove for low cost/no cost visits & preventative care.
When people like you have a fit about the ACA it proves you have no understanding of it.
I suspect Dave it's a lot that they don't want to know anything about the ACA as they are praying that it doesn't work, Kinda sad to see people so against something that is so good for so many.Sometime it seems like the Republicans are against anything that is good for fellow Americans.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1143957 May 31, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess reich wingers can blame it on Obama that they had to use that fact as a weapon against him!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1143958 May 31, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You mean a supplement right? Hah__it's a Medicare supplement stooge, not private insurance. And if you wish you can wire up to Part D__I don't currently but can join later if the need arises.
I have a supplement and a little VA plan as well.
I remembered 68 because part of that unit was sent to I Corp near where my unit was located.
Advantage. You an get a supplement under Aetna if you want.

Where were you? We went to Dong Ha and later to Quang Tri. I left country after a couple of weeks in Quang Tri. If that unit had an Ace of Spades on the turret, that was us.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1143959 May 31, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I cancelled my Esquire subscription many years ago during a rather clear moment of political lucidity. Esquire had become Left-Wing. Ultra Left-Wing.
I don't think they have yet recovered from their fall from grace.
can't attack the message.....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1143960 May 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Policies are cancelled and rewritten every year. You would know that if you ever took responsibility for your life.
You don't read all of the posts, do you?

How many were cancelled due to government interference?

Responsibility for myself? If you only knew how ridiculous that sounded.
Patrick

United States

#1143961 May 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Hmmm. Who was it that said the Obama administration was miscalculating by agreeing to negotiate with the Taliban in Afghanistan? Romney? McCain? Fox News? Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl should be thanking God that McCain and Romney lost their presidential bids.
True
Patrick

United States

#1143962 May 31, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
can't attack the message.....
he post all day long to an audience of none LOL
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143963 May 31, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They are trained in the law.
It is not up to policemen to interpret the Constitution.
You really aren't too bright, are you?
Training is not education. Dogs are trained, but people are educated. If a trained cop violates your Constitutional rights, you should sue him personally for everything he owns.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1143964 May 31, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Advantage. You an get a supplement under Aetna if you want.
Where were you? We went to Dong Ha and later to Quang Tri. I left country after a couple of weeks in Quang Tri. If that unit had an Ace of Spades on the turret, that was us.
I have a supplement but not part D as I don't yet use pharma products.

I was at Camp Evans__close enough?

If that helicopter had a Air Cav patch__that was us.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143965 May 31, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gateway Pundit? Unknown Questioner?
Shirley you jest!
Michelle visited the Pisswater Brewery in Boulder yesterday. Nobody there ever heard of Realtime.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143966 May 31, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
With an aging population doctors who refuse to take on Medicare patients are going to realize that that's a rather short sighted position to take.
You sound like the type of businessman who thinks that the solution to losing money on every transaction is to increase the number of transactions instead of improving the margin.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143967 May 31, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
With an aging population doctors who refuse to take on Medicare patients are going to realize that that's a rather short sighted position to take.
The best doctors will focus on younger, better-paying patients and Dr. Apu from the Kwik-E-Mart will treat the Medicare and ACA patients.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143968 May 31, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
One quarter isn't a trend you clueless twit!
Two quarters are a recession, regardless of the weather.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1143969 May 31, 2014
lol! Oh the irony!!!! I still hope she gets sued!!

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/v-stiviano-trashes-...

"V. Stiviano Trashes Black People on Tape (Video)
The Wrap
By Tim Kenneally 2 hours ago

Who says that irony is dead?

V. Stiviano, the woman at the center of the scandal surrounding L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling — who was banned from the NBA after he was caught on tape making racist comments to Stiviano — has now herself been captured making derogatory comments about black people, TMZ reports.

Also read: Donald Sterling Suing NBA for $1 Billion (Updated)

On the video, posted to TMZ, Stiviano comments,”I don't understand black people. You give them a little bit of money, they don't know what to do with it.”

She goes on to opine that black people “just act crazy … they're like,‘Yo, I wanna put extra rims on top of my rims. And my rims are gonna turn around. I'm gonna call them spinners.'”..."
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1143970 May 31, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't read all of the posts, do you?
How many were cancelled due to government interference?
Responsibility for myself? If you only knew how ridiculous that sounded.
How many policies were cancelled due to government interference?

Depends on who you ask.

Here in Florida our Governor Rick Scott said that over three hundred thousand lost their policies.

And then the insurance companies quickly stuck it right up his azz by publishing the facts__that nearly all of those policy holders were switched to conforming policies without any loss of coverage.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1143971 May 31, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Two quarters are a recession, regardless of the weather.
Had we acted on global warming when Algore told us to, we'd be experiencing a cultural and economic renaissance of unprecedented magnitude.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1143972 May 31, 2014
Yesterday, Barack Obama appeared to try to shift responsibility for the VA scandal to his predecessors, saying the problems “predated my presidency” and “I only found out from reporters”.

Yes, problems did predate his presidency, but things became exponentially worse while he was in charge. Under him came not just long waits, but clearly a rampant policy of lying and deception concerning those wait times. This involved reports lying to Congress about those times.

Before Obama entered office in 2009, his transition team was also briefed as to the wait time problem.

Did Obama sleep through those meetings, and sleep though last his six years in office? Or doesn’t he believe he has any obligation to execute the duties of his office?

Before he got into office, when he was campaigning, he also pontificated upon the issue, saying how something must be done.

Now, one more thing.

In case you weren’t aware of it, Barack Obama was also on the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee from 2005-2008. He’s had almost ten years where he has had a responsibility to address these issues. What was he doing then while our veterans waited?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is A 1 hr HRC bytch Killer 465
Men that wear panties 1 hr Should Carry Gun 3
Florida shooter is White Nationalist scum 1 hr FBI dropped Ball 13
TEACHER of year at FL. middle school posts mess... 1 hr Cant Attack Teacher 10
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr GALAXY FART 64,458
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr U_Nil_Name 243,316
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr Alain Vain 11,958

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages