Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395584 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1143310 May 29, 2014
Corey Becker wrote:
<quoted text>On his worst day as President,"bushie boy" accomplished more than the current do nothing but golf and campaign zero whose lack of any management experience is evident in everything he touches. Zero is the result of the media's affirmative action plan to elect a light skinned half black who if not for that, would still be a do nothing zero senator voting "present."
Oh wait.....

Maybe I have this wrong....

You were CHEERING on 9/11???
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1143311 May 29, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>That's the way it was set up by the Founding Fathers, but you and your Demorat Compadres, evidently weren't taught that part of the U.S. Constitution. Get a hold of a history book and learn what you failed to learn in the seventh grade
lol! Well damn son! I'm still waiting for you to produce the dow for iraq!

For some strange, inexplicable reason.... you can't!

It's as if... you LIED!!!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1143312 May 29, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Some t-p nuts do and some don't.
More did than didn't.

Thus, the 'new blood' they elected.

I still don't know when that 'new blood' becomes stale. They never followed up on that....
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143313 May 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the general public, like you, are morons...we do not want any of them even close to leading us.
Right on, brother. Can't expect Barack and I to deal with no commoners. Same with the royal children.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143314 May 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well let's see. There was 9/11. After all, when was the last time the United States was actually attacked?
So tell me... what did Obama do worse?
The new Obama Doctrine is "Speak loudly and carry a soft stick." We mouth off a lot, but it don't mean nothing.

#BringBackOurGirls
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143315 May 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Ask Bush, he did it.
Yeah. With negative GDP growth in 1Q 2014, we're just months away from an official recession, and it's all Bush's fault.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143316 May 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
I saw John McCain on TV having a fit about the VA issue & demanding that Sinseki resign.
I think John McCain should resign.
How dare that man pretend now to care about veterans? He has not voted for a veteran issue since 2006.
Congress should resign over this issue for failing our veterans.
http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/5327...
Shinseki will step in front of the bus when we ask him to, just like a loyal soldier.

Thank you for your support in this decision.

And leave McCain alone. He is a loyal member of Team Obama.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143317 May 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is typical NRA bullsh*t.
First, dickwad, I am a gun owner. If you don't think I know how to use them, feel free to try to break into my home at any time & we will see who runs away like a little boy.
In this video, we see a bunch of smart ass kids who have no reason to open carry other than create a scene & get the police involved so they can video the results.
Of course, when a policeman is irritated that his time was wasted in their antics, Flacktard gets all bent out of shape declaring it is an affront to second amendment rights. You have a right to carry a gun but not a right to harass people & create a stir for the sake of making a video. The policeman was not happy but polite & was doing his job.
Second, when the one girl says she is exercising her right to defend herself & others, she is dangerously wrong. She does not have the right to inject herself into a situation where others might be fighting or a crime. What we do not need is a kid with a gun thinking she is John Wayne & come in blasting when she has no law enforcement training.
This is the exact attitude that a lot of toters have. They strap on a gun & their chests puff out & they become big tough men.
When irresponsible, untrained people carry guns, they are a danger to all who are near them.
Who protects ordinary citizens from irresponsible, poorly trained cops who bend the law to suit their prejudices? Particularly young black citizens who are shot on sight if the cops make a wild guess that they might be armed.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1143318 May 29, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you alive in 2008 when Obama inherited the Bush recession?
This economy is "RED HOT" compared to that!
Just think how great it would be if obstructionist Republicans weren't trying to trash America to spite Obama!
Stubborn Democrats were as responsible, if not more, for the "Bush recession".

Congress wouldn't heed the warnings about the impending housing market collapse and Democrats were more stubborn than Republicans to rein in F&F before it was too late.

Congress controls the purse strings. It was a Democrat-controlled Congress for two years before the "Bush recession".

Maybe you should consider that.

Orlando, FL

#1143319 May 29, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you alive in 2008 when Obama inherited the Bush recession?
This economy is "RED HOT" compared to that!
Just think how great it would be if obstructionist Republicans weren't trying to trash America to spite Obama!
If Republicans and Democrats alike hadn't rejected Obama's spending spree budget proposals, we'd be learning how to speak Chinese.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143320 May 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would a private insurance company have access to the IRS data base? did they swipe on of Roxlo's magic driver's licenses and get into the NSA databanks in Utah with it?
We provide our ACA partners in the insurance industry with whatever information they request, and they return the kindness to our secret bank accounts. You think we're stupid, boy?

Orlando, FL

#1143321 May 29, 2014
flack wrote:
A Message from President George W. Bush on Memorial Day 2014
By Kyle Becker 3 days ago
Former US President George W. Bush salut
“On Memorial Day, America’s thoughts go to the courageous men and women of the United States Armed Forces who gave their lives for the country they love. They defended our Nation, liberated the oppressed, and served the cause of liberty. Every moment we live in freedom was secured by their sacrifice, and every American is in their debt. We can never repay what they gave for this country, but on this holiday, we acknowledge the debt by showing our respect and gratitude.
Laura and I join a grateful Nation in paying tribute to the brave citizens who laid their lives down for our liberty. May we always honor them. May we always embrace their families. And may we always be faithful to who they were and what they fought for.
May God bless our troops, veterans, and the families who stand beside them. And may God continue to bless America.”
Sure do miss hearing these kinds of uplifting and moving speeches.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1143322 May 30, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
The new Obama Doctrine is "Speak loudly and carry a soft stick." We mouth off a lot, but it don't mean nothing.
#BringBackOurGirls
As a propaganda and media hound, the Magic Negro's motto is to "Walk In Circles But Carry A Big Shtick"

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1143323 May 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure do miss hearing these kinds of uplifting and moving speeches.
The present WH occupant is a Hollywood creation, a Media Hound with a meticulously crafted Madison Ave script handed to him at every event. IOW's, there's no heart beating in his chest but only perfumed Hot Air waiting to be sprayed out from the can of Air Freshener.

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," is something Joseph Goebbels would produce on a typical day at the Propaganda Ministry.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1143324 May 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If Republicans and Democrats alike hadn't rejected Obama's spending spree budget proposals, we'd be learning how to speak Chinese.
Or maybe if Congress had funded Obama's jobs program then America would have an even better economy.
p.s.
Chinese is preferable to Gibberish.

Location hidden

#1143325 May 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Stubborn Democrats were as responsible, if not more, for the "Bush recession".
Congress wouldn't heed the warnings about the impending housing market collapse and Democrats were more stubborn than Republicans to rein in F&F before it was too late.
Congress controls the purse strings. It was a Democrat-controlled Congress for two years before the "Bush recession".
Maybe you should consider that.
Maybe you should consider that Bush had veto power over the budget, why didn't he use it if he didn't like it?
Why didn't Bush "heed the warnings about the impending housing market collapse"?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1143327 May 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming you are black, what more do you want from this country to make up for the sins of our great-great-great ancestors - most of whom did not own a plantation or live in the south?
Obama is already In payback mode after sitting in Rev. Wright's church for 20 years blaming whitey on every single ill in the black community.
Whatever happened to forgiveness and looking for the good instead of the bad and leaving the past behind and looking forward?
The majority of the country had already done that. We've been constantly told we're really racists only after Obama and his liberal base decided to divide us for political purposes.
It's time to move on, my liberal friend. Start speaking out about the importance of getting an education or learning a skill and waiting to have children until you can afford them among the black community. There needs to be more black voices with that kind of influence if anything is going to change for those who want to look elsewhere or have someone else to blame.
Clueless Carol spewing more delusional crap that has no connection with reality. How about some evidence that Obama's in "payback mode" LIAR? Come up with even a single statement where he blames "whitey" for the problems in this country.
By the way, what evidence do you have that the poster you responded to is black?

Location hidden

#1143328 May 30, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The present WH occupant is a Hollywood creation, a Media Hound with a meticulously crafted Madison Ave script handed to him at every event. IOW's, there's no heart beating in his chest but only perfumed Hot Air waiting to be sprayed out from the can of Air Freshener.
"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," is something Joseph Goebbels would produce on a typical day at the Propaganda Ministry.
The Hollywood creation was Reagan. Why are you bringing him up now?

Location hidden

#1143329 May 30, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>Clueless Carol spewing more delusional crap that has no connection with reality. How about some evidence that Obama's in "payback mode" LIAR? Come up with even a single statement where he blames "whitey" for the problems in this country.
By the way, what evidence do you have that the poster you responded to is black?
I respectfully disagree Mr. Pont. It seems clear that Carol isn't lying, that's a step above her cognitive level. She doesn't even understand the propaganda she's been fed. She just isn't very smart.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1143330 May 30, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack can overturn the Second Amendment with one stroke of his mighty pen.
No he can't you clueless twit. Any changes to the Constitution require a two thirds vote in both houses of Congress and then have to be ratified by three quarters of the states.
You right wingers are dumber than dirt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min District 1 216,821
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min don t drink the k... 60,104
Chicago has the Worst Women 1 hr Amazing but True 13
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 8,894
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 102,488
Who's this Fauxcahontas? 3 hr ReadAllAbout IT 25
Guess I'm voting for the businessman. 3 hr HRC is a douche-bag 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages