Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1524162 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1142941 May 29, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
It has become more about unseating Harry Reid as the senate majority leader. It wouldn't surprise me if some tea partiers voted for McConnell for that reason knowing the tea party candidate wouldn't beat Grimes. They did that in Georgia.
No doubt the baggers will vote for McConnell because they have proven that they can control Boehner and McConnell. But McConnell isn't very popular in Kentucky. Personally I think term limits should apply to all.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1142942 May 29, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
He's busy smelling the finger he just pulled out from his azz.
You were an ass baby huh? And nothings changed.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1142943 May 29, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Reid is suchhhh a political whining Weasel..capital W.
And a liar too.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1142944 May 29, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Go suck on your catheter and eat Cheerios from your bedpan.
Thanks for being a bagger..Idiots like you are a sad reflection on your already disgraced party.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1142945 May 29, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Canada requires a voter ID. Who are they suppressing?
It has to do with the availability of the required photo IDs.

In Canada's federal elections, a photo ID is not required.

In some provincial elections they are. Legal photo IDs are things like a health insurance card which most people have with that province's healthcare system.

Here in PA, you must go to a driver license facility. Typically one per county.

Approximately 10-12% on eligible voters not not have a photo ID.

If the Republicans were truly interested in security & not suppression, they would have taken steps to expand the number of locations to get a photo ID.

Before you drag out the "but they get to the polls" dumbass right whiner excuse, there are 250 polling places in my county & one photo ID location & there is no public transportation.

Plus, you whiners have yet to produce any statistics that show significant voter fraud that this photo ID would stop.

Why do you want to stop people from voting when you can't show it stops fraud?

Carlisle, PA

#1142946 May 29, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean there is a disparity between private and public schools?
Any school receiving federal lunch money must follow the rulers or file for an exception.

Sure there is a disparity between some public & private schools especially in security.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1142947 May 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt the baggers will vote for McConnell because they have proven that they can control Boehner and McConnell. But McConnell isn't very popular in Kentucky. Personally I think term limits should apply to all.
Wouldn't term limits produce permanent lame duck politicians who aren't worried about their constituents? They could do whatever they wanted when they don't worry about reelection.

Carlisle, PA

#1142948 May 29, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
and libuhrulTics like Duh A Vey and DuhPont, think Usamer was really a bin_Reagan...and that weren't Saddam that invaded Kuwait, caurse it awrl a Bushers fault.
OMG.
Just give me one of those stones you carrying in you pockets there Duh A Vey...OMG..I'll hold in front of your fo'head and make it easier for you connect with it.
Now you use the excuse that George W Bush invaded Iraq because Sadam had invaded Kuwait???

My God you arte dumber than sh*t.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142949 May 29, 2014
Fox News Jumps on Board the New Birther Meme: Hillary's Brain

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/hilla...

no wonder viewers are leaving the sinking ship.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1142950 May 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But you f*cking Tea Party jerkoffs had a tizzy fit with Michelle Obama's "Lets move" project.
The sorryass broad spends 8 million in taxes each time she takes one of her biannual Marie Antoinette vacations and then in between each she comes back to our country to lecture us on how live properly and feed our kids.

She's got male hair, balls and no class whatsoever.

...and no business sticking her hog nose where it doesn't belong.

Carlisle, PA

#1142951 May 29, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's becoming more difficult to find a doctor who will take on new Medicare patients.
http://www.healthitoutcomes.com/doc/doctors-r...
The IRS oversight of the system seems to be a flaw as there is no income verification when receiving subsidies.
Any subsidy received in 2014 is based on 2014 income which the IRA will know when 2014 incomes tax returns are filed.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1142952 May 29, 2014
Yea gotta love the phony concern shown by the Republicans all of a sudden for us Veterans. never mind the "FACT" that the problems have been there for a long time, never mind the "FACT" that they cut funding for veterans, never mind the "FACT" that their lie induced war contributed greatly to an already over loaded and ignored problem.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1142953 May 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to do with the availability of the required photo IDs.
In Canada's federal elections, a photo ID is not required.
In some provincial elections they are. Legal photo IDs are things like a health insurance card which most people have with that province's healthcare system.
Here in PA, you must go to a driver license facility. Typically one per county.
Approximately 10-12% on eligible voters not not have a photo ID.
If the Republicans were truly interested in security & not suppression, they would have taken steps to expand the number of locations to get a photo ID.
Before you drag out the "but they get to the polls" dumbass right whiner excuse, there are 250 polling places in my county & one photo ID location & there is no public transportation.
Plus, you whiners have yet to produce any statistics that show significant voter fraud that this photo ID would stop.
Why do you want to stop people from voting when you can't show it stops fraud?
Canada's health insurance card is a photo ID as is their drivers license..

Other sources of ID can be used such as a credit card statement, utility bill, etc., but an ID is required.

Do you have an ID requirement to purchase Sudafed or Claritin-D in Pa.? Do your welfare cards have a photo on them as they do here?

Lapeer, MI

#1142954 May 29, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Obama said he would seek a path between the recent US interventionism and a growing isolationist tendency. Photograph: Kevin Lamarque/Reuters
America should provide global leadership with less recourse to military might in future, Barack Obama announced on Wednesday, proposing a new foreign policy doctrine focused on soft power diplomacy and launching financial grants to fight terrorism through international partnerships instead.
In a graduation speech to cadets at the US military academy in West Point, New York, the president sought to carve a middle way between the relentless US interventionism of recent decades and a growing isolationist tendency that some fear will leave the world less stable and without a dominant superpower.
So then what the hell is the Pink Line azzhole doing funding Islamic Terrorists in Syria and supporting the Muslim Brotherhood while afraid to say boo to Chinese aggression on the high seas?

This guy's butthole is more popular than his cheap talk.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1142955 May 29, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't term limits produce permanent lame duck politicians who aren't worried about their constituents? They could do whatever they wanted when they don't worry about reelection.
Well I guess that would depend on the number of terms allowed. I think the longer a politician stays in office the more corrupt they become, and they learn far more bad habits than good ones. Besides hopefully it would attract more candidates that had something to offer.

Lapeer, MI

#1142956 May 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The level of certainty for inspections & sanctions & regime changer by supporting the opposition is different than the level of certainty to put our soldiers at risk through an all out invasion.
Evidently, Tea Party people are too stupid to get it.
If law enforcement suspects you are selling drugs out of your house, they will observe & tap phones, etc.
If they know for sure, they will raid your house.
There is a difference in the amount of evidence needed for certain actions.
Every time you whiners use this to excuse Bush, you demonstrate just how stupid you people are.
You are constipated and miserable for it.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1142957 May 29, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The sorryass broad spends 8 million in taxes each time she takes one of her biannual Marie Antoinette vacations and then in between each she comes back to our country to lecture us on how live properly and feed our kids.
She's got male hair, balls and no class whatsoever.
...and no business sticking her hog nose where it doesn't belong.
Have you ever considered becoming a Wal-mart greeter???/

Hackettstown, NJ

#1142958 May 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Any subsidy received in 2014 is based on 2014 income which the IRA will know when 2014 incomes tax returns are filed.
PDupont made the point that the IRS is only interested in whether you're covered or not. One could claim a lower income when purchasing a plan. I don't know how it's done, but the subsidy can be paid directly to the insurance company. I'm not sure if there is any cross reference between the insurance companies and the IRS as far as reported incomes.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142959 May 29, 2014
The head of a veterans’ advocacy group ripped lawmakers from both major parties for enabling the failings of the Veterans Affairs (VA) department in an interview with MSNBC host Rachel Maddow on Wednesday, while specifically mentioned independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

“This goes bigger than the president,” Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) head Paul Rieckhoff told Maddow.“You’ve got a Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee with no veterans on it. You’re gonna have Senator Bernie Sanders on later; he’s basically been an apologist for the VA over the last few weeks. And then you’ve got the ranking [GOP] leader, Senator [Richard] Burr, who thinks it’s a good idea to attack veterans’ groups. So I think what you continue to see is that everyone has failed us here.”

Burr, a North Carolina Republican, has clashed with some veterans’ organizations after they accused him of using the VA’s problems as a chance to score political points. Burr responded by posting a statement online accusing them of wanting to preserve the agency’s “status quo.” But Maddow reported on Wednesday that Burr did so after leaving a committee hearing featuring testimony from some of those groups.

On the other hand, Rieckhoff said, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and House Committee on Veterans Affairs leader Jeff Miller (R-FL) have been consistent in their own advocacy efforts on behalf of veterans. CNN reported on Wednesday that Miller is one of several lawmakers who has called for VA Secretary Eric Shinseki to resign amid allegations of several VA clinics manipulating data related to delays in treatment.

Rieckhoff told Maddow that the reports implicating officials in facilities around the country are not news to veterans. But with the country now made more aware about the problems in the VA system, he added, the pressure is only continuing to mount on President Barack Obama.

“This is a defining moment of his presidency,” Rieckhoff said.“This is a defining moment in American history. Are the American people gonna step up and support our veterans or not? That’s the bottom line here, because this is not new.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/29/veteran...
Angela

Palm Coast, FL

#1142960 May 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
Yea gotta love the phony concern shown by the Republicans all of a sudden for us Veterans. never mind the "FACT" that the problems have been there for a long time, never mind the "FACT" that they cut funding for veterans, never mind the "FACT" that their lie induced war contributed greatly to an already over loaded and ignored problem.
Oblamer is in his SIXTH years of the presidency. Stop making excuses for his lack of effort, you artery-clogged Obama-infatuated moron!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Well Well 240,431
A few ITEMS of interest. 2 hr JOCULARITY JOCULA... 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr RACE 105,142
Can't Believe They Teach, Idiots. 3 hr Not on my watch 1
News Should Prince Charles step up and step down? (Apr '13) 4 hr test 3
To Top Up and Recharge Wireless Mobile Cell Pho... 5 hr financewoman 1
Proud Fella 9 hr Lets play balls 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages