Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278420 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1141550 May 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you heard? According to ReThugs, Obama is GOD. He sees all and knows all. Nothing can escape his all seeing eyes or his reach. All are powerless against him. Run!
You are describing Satan here.

Lapeer, MI

#1141551 May 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You just forgot to add political activist..."an Affirmative Action Harvard Graduate community organizer 'political activist' with no educational records and a shady past..."
And who had no notable or outstanding achievements or accomplishments as an Illinois Senator and two-year U.S. Senator.
I stand corrected.

Lapeer, MI

#1141552 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Obama is in Afghanistan telling the troops this is their last tour and that most of them will be withdrawn by year's end.
"Karzai stunned the White House by refusing to sign a bilateral security agreement needed to keep U.S. troops in Afghanistan after this year. His decision has delayed U.S. decision making on a post-2014 presence, leading Obama to ask the Pentagon to work up plans for a possible full withdrawal of American forces.
"But with both candidates on the ballot in next month's Afghan presidential election runoff vowing to quickly sign the security agreement, Obama appeared more confident Sunday that there would be a continued U.S. troop presence after 2014.
"The final American troops withdrew from Iraq in the closing days of 2011 after the U.S. and Iraq failed to reach a security agreement to keep a small American residual force in the country. In the years that have followed the American withdrawal, Iraq has been battered by resurgent waves of violence."
http://news.msn.com/world/obama-signals-us-to...
Please note this president's eagerness to withdraw all troops at the first sign of resistance by Karzai.
And how this was his response in Iraq.
And the consequences of his ducking and running in Iraq.
Historical figures are remembered across a gamut of emotion that includes negative territory. Most, I think, are stuck with remembrances around Zero meaning that the public neither hates nor loves them but treats them with hopefully benign neglect.

U.S. Presidents are no different in this regard. People might visit Kennedy's gravesite with honor and respect and, of course, the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument the same.

But I believe the Magic Negro has passed a tipping point that where, in the future, his gravesite will need to be secured from vandalism and urinating dogs.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1141553 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that was a big headline the other day Thought it was going to happen tomorrow the way it was written.
According to one of the "two teams of scientists" who did a "pair of tests" as reported in the National Geographic: "If the whole glacier system melts, it would raise global sea levels about 24 inches. The process will take a while, roughly 200 to 900 years depending on how fast temperatures rise and how much snow falls in the area."
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/...
Of course, it was only "two teams of scientists" who did a "pair of studies" predicting doomsday in possibly 2 to 9 centuries...depending.
So how much damage can a rise of only 24 inches do? Having to wade in two feet of extra water at the beach? Moving the beach chairs back a few more feet? What?
You really are abysmally stupid aren't you? Don't you realize that there are many parts of coastal cities like Miami that are below 2 feet above sea level? What about what happens in those areas that are above that mark during a storm surge caused by a Hurricane dumbass? Higher sea levels would cause the surge to go even further inland creating more damage. We saw what happened during hurricane Sandy when homes that had been built decades ago and didn't sustain damage during previous hurricanes were inundated because sea levels have gone up not by feet but a few inches. A two foot rise would cause exponentially more damage over a much larger area. Let's also not forget that there are countries like Bangladesh that are low lying and would radically be reduced in land area causing population displacements and loss of arable land and thus food supplies.
But go ahead Carol; keep demonstrating what an ignorant, clueless twit you are as you do on a daily basis.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1141554 May 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
He got a job with Bunny Fwank, eh?
Barney Frank isn't in Congress anymore imbecile.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1141555 May 26, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...talk about projection.
Grey Dolt:
Fools no one? Check.
A simpleton who posts juvenile rants daily? Check.
Same old things time after time? Check.
Desperate and in need of attention? Check.
TP, every day you whine, cry,complain same old sissified crusty crap. Like you are doing now.... Blame Obama for everything, while giving Bush-Cheney a free ride. I love it when you morons on the right start every day with either the same old lies or fresh ones that you were programmed overnight by your favorite watering hole FIXED news. Considering all of the messes left behind by Dumbo and Snarly Obama has done a pretty decent job, in spite of the daily attempts by the do nothing Congress to continue down that road. So when I hear you idiots on the right crying especially wniney azzed losers like you that do nothing but complain...I love it. Because I know you never have a good day.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1141556 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
As for your Gallup poll source, it was dated October 29-30, 2011.
That was when most Americans believed a small U.S. force would remain to guard the U.S. embassy along with training and protecting the Iraqis.
The Iraqis, themselves, according to many reports, believed the American presence there created some animosity but their worst fear was having no American troops remaining.
Their worst fears are now realized.
according to many reports that you can't cite. and i do mean 'can't'.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1141557 May 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Historical figures are remembered across a gamut of emotion that includes negative territory. Most, I think, are stuck with remembrances around Zero meaning that the public neither hates nor loves them but treats them with hopefully benign neglect.
U.S. Presidents are no different in this regard. People might visit Kennedy's gravesite with honor and respect and, of course, the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument the same.
But I believe the Magic Negro has passed a tipping point that where, in the future, his gravesite will need to be secured from vandalism and urinating dogs.
Speaking of urinating dogs at least they don't have to use a bag to accomplish that feat.Almost 44,000 posts, what a life you have there whiney azzed crybaby. Maybe on your grave site we could simply hang your bag. Along with maybe a notation that reads " here lies a by-sexual that never contributed a single thing towards society" The only purpose baggers serve is as a bad example...That be you.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1141558 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're just gullible enough to believe he never had them and never used them and wouldn't develop them again as soon as the world wasn't watching anymore to unleash them here in our country with a vengeance paying the selected "delivery man's" family handsomely.
You forgot to mention that part.
When did I ever say he never had WMD Carol? We know he used them during the Iraq-Iran war and used them against the Kurds. Where was the outrage from the Reagan administration or those on the right? Only six months after the slaughter at Halabja, the White House lent Saddam Hussein another billion dollars. And in 1991, at the end of the Gulf war, US troops stood idly by while Saddam’s presidential guard ruthlessly suppressed the popular uprising by the Kurds for which the American president had himself called.
The Iran Survey Groups report destroyed the rationale that Bush used to send our troops into harms way. The report, which refuted many of the administration's principal arguments for going to war in Iraq, marked the official end of a two-year weapons hunt led most recently by former U.N. weapons inspector Charles A. Duelfer. The team found that the 1991 Persian Gulf War and subsequent U.N. sanctions had destroyed Iraq's illicit weapons capabilities and that, for the most part, Hussein had not tried to rebuild them. Iraq's ability to produce nuclear arms, which the administration asserted was a grave and gathering threat that required an immediate military response, had "progressively decayed" since 1991. Investigators found no evidence of "concerted efforts to restart the program."
If Bush had let the UN inspectors finish their job we would have come up with the same conclusion without sacrificing American lives and treasure to no good purpose. You don't send our military into harms way for something someone "might" do.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1141559 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent Design. It's gaining traction in the scientific world because science, nature and the spiritual world are all intertwined anyway and a lot of scientists are beginning to figure it out.
Wrong again Carol. Nobody in the scientific community takes intelligent design which is just creationism rebranded seriously.
Where's your evidence that they are?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1141560 May 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, you are probably correct. Money often takes precident over common sense. Republicans will scurry and hide under a rock when the first big spill occurs.
It's been nearly four years since the Kalamazoo spill and clean-up is still not over. Damn Republicans.
It's our hope, you and Barack Hussein Obama, wear out shoe leather walking? Of course as the Limo Lieberals that both of you proport to be, isn't going to happen anytime soon? "Do as I say not as I do", Lieberals to the core...

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1141561 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No one should have any problem with voter ID - not here or in Canada - to ensure elections are fair and remove any doubt of voter fraud and to remind us of the importance of such.
A voter can be asked anytime to show ID right now.

Carol is dumber than sh*t
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1141562 May 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You really are that fcking stupid.
Well what do you want? "Forks" comes from Oklahoma. I've always said that if Texas wants to secede we should let them but only if they take Oklahoma with them. The average IQ of the remaining 48 states would rise at least 20 points.

Landisburg, PA

#1141563 May 26, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I've figured it out already. The answer you're reluctant to give is "theft". All the big name dictators have used it. Different styles, different pretenses, but always the same goal. And inevitably, the same result.
Another pathetic excuse for an American who thinks supporting their country is the government stealing from them.

If you don't want to support your country, leave it.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1141564 May 26, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney Frank isn't in Congress anymore imbecile.
Jok-e-poo imbecile, just like this:

The Catholic University of America

Acceptance rate: 63.2%(2012)

Bawwaaaahhhh!!!!

Where did your other kids go?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1141565 May 26, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what do you want? "Forks" comes from Oklahoma. I've always said that if Texas wants to secede we should let them but only if they take Oklahoma with them. The average IQ of the remaining 48 states would rise at least 20 points.
Have you taken a look at yourself? Go out on the street and look at your accomplishments, then come back inside and tell us how stupid everyone else is!

Landisburg, PA

#1141566 May 26, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
When Zionists like Sterling are forced to sell, the government collects half of the proceeds in taxes. You can figure out the rest.
Actually, dumbass, the profits would be taxed as capital gains at a 20% rate.

You people are dumber than sh*t.

The government has nothing to do with how the NBA runs its business.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1141567 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
The debut at #7 on the New York Times best seller list last July of Stephen Meyer’s new book "Darwin’s Doubt" is evidence that the scientific theory of intelligent design (ID) continues to gain momentum. Since critics often misrepresent ID, and paint ID advocates as a fanatical fringe group, it is important to understand what intelligent design is, and what it is not.
Until Charles Darwin, almost everyone everywhere believed in some form of intelligent design (the majority still do): not just Christians, Jews, and Muslims, but almost every tribesman in every remote corner of the world drew the obvious conclusion from observing animals and plants that there must have been a mind behind the creation of living things.
Darwin thought he could explain all of this apparent design through natural selection of random variations. In spite of the fact that there is no direct evidence that natural selection can explain anything other than very minor adaptations, his theory has gained widespread popularity in the scientific world, simply because no one can come up with a more plausible theory to explain evolution, other than intelligent design, which is dismissed by most scientists as “unscientific.”
(continued...)
No Carol intelligent design isn't gaining any traction and Myer's book is full of holes.
The problem for Meyer is that what has come to be called the Cambrian explosion was not, in fact, an explosion. It took place over tens of millions of years—far more time than, for example, it took humans and chimpanzees to go their separate ways. Decades of fossil discovery around the world, combined with new computer-aided analytical techniques, have given scientists a far more complete portrait of the tree of life than Darwin and Walcott had available, making connections between species that they could not see.
It turns out that many of the major gaps that Meyer identifies are the result of his misleading rearrangement of the tree. Nick Matzke, a scientist who blogs at Panda’s Thumb, makes a convincing case that Meyer does not understand the field’s key statistical techniques (among other things). For example, Meyer presents a chart on page thirty-five of “Darwin’s Doubt” that appears to show the sudden appearance of large numbers of major animal groups in the Cambrian: the smoking gun. But if one looks at a family tree based on current science, it looks nothing like Meyer’s, and precisely like what Darwinian theory would predict.“All of this is pretty good evidence for the basic idea that the Cambrian ‘Explosion’ is really the radiation of simple bilaterian worms into more complex worms…[which] occurred in many stages, instead of all at once,”
Intelligent design is pseudoscience.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1141568 May 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another pathetic excuse for an American who thinks supporting their country is the government stealing from them.
If you don't want to support your country, leave it.
Five of the last [presidential elections before your Fuhrer Obama were won by Republicans, so I'm surprised you didn't leave. You like income redistribution (theft) because if ends up going to sponges like you, libturd.

I know a liberal just like you that told me she was "proud" to pay taxes. Then a year later I noticed she had an IRS lien on her house for nonpayment of taxes. Then her house was foreclosed on because she could not pay her property tax that went up as high that year as 30% in her Democrat run town.

You on the left are a bunch of crooks and liars. You in particular should move to North Korea DumbDave. Based on your Lap Dogging here you would be perfect there!

Landisburg, PA

#1141569 May 26, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah. He's an Uncle Tom too, right? Obama's taken the Presidency to new lows. It's downright embarrassing.
West is just another dumbass Tea Party jerkoff using his military career to sell his lies to the right whiner programing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Jacques in Orleans 197,165
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min PEllen 100,674
Southern Ill will vote to expell Chicago From S... 45 min SouthernRule 1
abby 9-4-15 47 min PEllen 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 56 min nag 524
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 59 min nag 456
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 1 hr shazbotbaru0 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages