Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1619773 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1142846 May 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
No...not those. The ones who have been stealing weapons and other hi-tech military equipment from us right under the shit-filled nose of the Magic Negro.
You know, the guy who supports the Muslim Brotherhood - the terrorist group?
Get out more often. Learn to read above a fourth grade level and you'll find a world of surprises awaiting you.
if only you could back up the bullshti you were told to parrot..

do they leave a fiver on the nightstand for you or do they just ream you from behind for free before you parrot that shit? do you pay them?

i can't think of any sane reason you would make such an ass of yourself nightly repeating obvious lies..is this your mating ritual for your puppet masters? do you squawk these lies and bare your behind and then they come running ? i will send a NatGeo crew to film your next ritual...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1142847 May 28, 2014
Question and no attitude placed but how come is it that Americans think themselves to be superior but get their panties bound up tighter than a rubber band in no time...

I mean come one grown man against females and guys in general have no real concept to the opposite specie let alone to the outside world I wonder how many can relate and could manage to get along anywhere else but America...

Wasn't my post about to place more taxes in the pot???

So finding ways, why aren't they placing it where it's really needed people can eat animal you know food is not the number one priority...
Heinz57

Palm Coast, FL

#1142848 May 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you play it backwards at 33 1/3 speed it says Reagan sews socks that smell...
Now what would he be doing with your socks?
Speed

Greenwood, IN

#1142849 May 28, 2014
*international campaign....

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1142850 May 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so he has the same approach to the GOP that they have to him?
and maybe you've forgotten.....
As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington.
The event -- which provides a telling revelation for how quickly the post-election climate soured -- serves as the prologue of Robert Draper's much-discussed and heavily-reported new book, "Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives."
According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith. Notably absent were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio)-- who, Draper writes, had an acrimonious relationship with Luntz.
For several hours in the Caucus Room (a high-end D.C. establishment), the book says they plotted out ways to not just win back political power, but to also put the brakes on Obama's legislative platform.
"If you act like you're the minority, you're going to stay in the minority," Draper quotes McCarthy as saying. "We've gotta challenge them on every single bill and challenge them on every single campaign."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/robe...
The opposition is supposed to challenge every bill from the party in power. It's up to the party in power to allow input from the opposition and reach some kind of consensus so there's some resemblance of bipartisanship. Especially when it involves a major piece of legislation like health care reform affecting all Americans.

The first piece of legislation - the $800 million stimulus bill - was a Democratic "wish list" according to Woodward's book. They wanted no part of Republicans' input and just expected them to give them everything they wanted. When they didn't happen, Rahm Emmanuel said "we have the votes so f--k 'em."

Sounds like what a spoiled child would say - not an elected official who is entrusted to represent all Americans whether they voted for them or not.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1142851 May 28, 2014
Hmmmm meant come on....excuse me...

Anyway it's still all just wasting away because of men...and men will be the blame and which Nation supplies what with what and how they got to their mighty supply money and much still is un-done beats me...

Also in lies fabrications to create wars and mass destruction would be next in line again...Civil war and next how Democracy was the reason for it all...

Of course the Republican would want it that way...

Till death fighting that which saves?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1142852 May 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
I'm just sitting here waiting to be attacked by another wealthy Liberal celebrity misogynist racist punk.
They're coming out of the woodwork ever since the Magic Negro brought his act on stage.
The timing (of them coming out of the woodwork) does seem rather accurate. It was like a weird infestation after 2008. And the ones still kicking have just gotten worse.

Hopefully, enough of them have their heads on straighter now. And once we've regained control of common sense again - hopefully this year and in 2016 - the die-hard deniers will just become more of a nuisance and find a place to stew somewhere.
Patrick

United States

#1142853 May 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The opposition is supposed to challenge every bill from the party in power. It's up to the party in power to allow input from the opposition and reach some kind of consensus so there's some resemblance of bipartisanship. Especially when it involves a major piece of legislation like health care reform affecting all Americans.
The first piece of legislation - the $800 million stimulus bill - was a Democratic "wish list" according to Woodward's book. They wanted no part of Republicans' input and just expected them to give them everything they wanted. When they didn't happen, Rahm Emmanuel said "we have the votes so f--k 'em."
Sounds like what a spoiled child would say - not an elected official who is entrusted to represent all Americans whether they voted for them or not.
reelected in 2012
TPRTY

United States

#1142854 May 28, 2014
Are we a country where truth truly matters?

[If so],¨Obama’s words and actions would be more carefully measured, tested, checked and double-checked, to reveal the content of his character, to dispel the myths. There are some who have looked for the content but have found it carefully concealed.

Peggy Noonan analyzed Obama’s identity:

Does he stand for something? I suppose he stands for many things, but you can't quite narrow it down and sum it up. A problem with his leadership is that there's always the sense that he's not quite telling you his core and motivating beliefs. There are a lot of rounded banalities. There are sentiments and impulses. But he isn't stark, doesn't vividly cut through.

There's a sense he's telling people as much as he feels he can within the parameters of political safety, and no more.¨

Indeed.

St. Croix valley

#1142855 May 28, 2014
Heinz57 wrote:
<quoted text> Now what would he be doing with your socks?
wow! not only lame, but didn't even make sense and lame...

St. Croix valley

#1142856 May 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
really? if the party in power comes up with the most brilliant legislation ever, the opposition should challenge it?

you should stop now. just admit you are stupid and can't think for yourself and stop now...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1142858 May 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
The Bush Cocaine Chronicles: Complicity and Cover-up
Fox News Reporter Kirian Chetry blurted out what she assumed was common knowledge among the media cognoscenti: that George W. Bush had used cocaine in his past and yet had politically survived the exposure of that (criminal) indiscretion. Her on-air colleagues scrambled to "correct" the record: no, no, no, the cocaine accusations against Bush have never been proven beyond a doubt--so let's quickly shift the conversation away from Bush's drug past and instead bring up, for one more go around, Bill Clinton's admitted marijuana use alongside the recent revelation about Barack Obama's possible cocaine use. Let's blow some smoke in Bill's direction, he never inhaled, ha, ha, ha.
Whew, that was a close one! Fox News surely didn't want to open that door into Bush's creepy closet, and they tried to slam it shut. Maybe the stress of the Iraq War, compounded by the growing abundance of Afghani poppy plants, is triggering memory flashbacks. Whatever the reason, the "cocaine issue" is back in the news--it just won't go away.
What amazes me is that here we are, six years into Bush's presidency, and the press still refuses to treat the longstanding stories about Bush's cocaine use with the severity and scrutiny that such charges surely deserve, given the high level stakes involved. The issue is no longer simply how and why Bush has successfully dodged the topic for his entire political career. The story now should be why the press has treated him with kid gloves for so long.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-seery/the-...
no wonder he screwed up Iraq.
It's gotten so bad that sonic's Bush-Bashing is now nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction.

Say Bad Magic Negro! and sonic digs through his Bush--Bashing Files for another Copy-n-Paste session.

He think's he's Pavlov's Dog.

Woof!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1142859 May 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if only you could back up the bullshti you were told to parrot..
do they leave a fiver on the nightstand for you or do they just ream you from behind for free before you parrot that shit? do you pay them?
i can't think of any sane reason you would make such an ass of yourself nightly repeating obvious lies..is this your mating ritual for your puppet masters? do you squawk these lies and bare your behind and then they come running ? i will send a NatGeo crew to film your next ritual...
I told you earlier to try reading above your pay grade, boy.

If you are not willing to educate yourself then Welfare is your last resort.

Obviously, you are not a self-motivated individual.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1142860 May 28, 2014
Commercials and when in no frak ing way...

In suit and tie...s d. to Theory of electrical measure...

So and what...

I had placed things in my own order many times was fine with it...

In memory...

War games and I plaid them too in the streets
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142861 May 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
total BS.

they said no from day one. a stimulus wasn't even on the table yet.

now cut the crap and explain why they said no on the day he was inaugurated. childish reaction from watching their failure to govern rob them of their 'permanent majority?

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142862 May 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It's gotten so bad that sonic's Bush-Bashing is now nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction.
Say Bad Magic Negro! and sonic digs through his Bush--Bashing Files for another Copy-n-Paste session.
He think's he's Pavlov's Dog.
Woof!
woof!

George W. Bush, Chickenhawk in Chief

President George W. Bush evaded the draft by using his father's connections to unethically gain advantage over other people. Then he disobeyed orders and went absent without official leave (AWOL), but used his father's connections to escape criminal prosecution. His main opponents for the presidency volunteered to serve in Vietnam and had exemplary military records. Bush didn't have the courage to fight in the war fought by his generation, but doesn't hesitate to send American troops to serve multiple tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, even when their commitments are over. Also, Bush's evasion of service has significant ramifications in his execution of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Americans should demand more in their president.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/George-W-Bus...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1142863 May 28, 2014
Bush Bashers who wasn't one at one time to come about later some more thoughts on some of the matters in Politics and how really in fun and games it is to talk about the things..

Anonymously S I have to look that up again and =h -st ?

Something like that and the four forms formations numbers to ridicule? I often in ponder think of the ways in a written formula how words can do so much more...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1142864 May 28, 2014
Who would do such a thing?

Forbidden are the days and one to far back in that is to o ooooo the knowledge in paying back wards robbing blind is a pile of majority things in what some would say ought to be given...

No Riff raff but straight talk too...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1142865 May 28, 2014
Besswax what a business that was to get into hu? I wonder how many keepers have how many kept inside...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1142866 May 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
reelected in 2012
That's because Patrick,'Obama Money' and other ill-informed voters, voted for a guy that never had a job in private industry. Give it up, this guy is a leech, and always will be??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bill murray to open a new restaurant in crowne ... 2 hr Whatever 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr They cannot kill ... 11,436
last post wins! (Dec '10) 7 hr honeymylove 3,208
Benghazi, the REAL story. 9 hr Genl Forrest 12
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 12 hr Melovesteve8701 479
The Party of Racism. 14 hr Apropos 4 This 62
NFL & George Soros in bed. 16 hr Mr Greenjeans 13

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages