Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1656989 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1141921 May 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! Reich wing rumors!
You can't can't make this stuff up... but they keep on trying!!!!
Who knew the New York Times would spread Reich wing rumors?

"The Other Power in the West Wing"

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/us/politics...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1141922 May 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have proved that i am conservative, just as i proved Pluto is a comet.
why do you keep bringing up the embarrassing incident of yours where you tried to deny science? that was funny as hell...me shooting down every single thing you tried to state...
funny. as. hell.
You have proved you hold the title of America's Village Idiot.

Nothing else so far.
woodtick57ExWife

Palm Coast, FL

#1141923 May 26, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"shinningelectr0n"
Why do you lower yourself to comment on another person's wife. "woodendick000" is easy to shoot down with out slurring and demeaning his wife.
Peace
His Ex-wife, Stupid!

Lapeer, MI

#1141924 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the most far left liberals would be shocked if they knew just how true that was.
The only thing Valerie Jarrett doesn't do is sleep between Michelle and Obama..
But she definitely runs the entire show. A notorious Chicago slumlord, no less.
Valerie: "Magic. Go tell Assad you are going to draw a red line in the sand"

Magic Negro: "Yesm'. I will. Can I go play with my new golf clubs later on?"

Valerie: "OK but don't be late for the White House Concert tonight. Access Hollywood, Stephen Colbert and OTR will be there. You know how much we need them".

Lapeer, MI

#1141925 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, cotton planation owners in the south are responsible for slavery. Southern Democrats were responsible for Jim Crow laws. It was a Democratic president, Andrew Johnson, who took back the land - 40 acres and a mule - and gave it back to the slave owners.
The separate but equal mentality was most prominent in Southern states as well -- what history calls the Southern Democratic bloc. Had it not been for Democrats and Republicans (primarily) outside of the old south, blacks would still be struggling for civil rights.
But the moral debt has been paid. The overwhelming majority want blacks to have their rightful place in society and, because that has already happened, it's time to move on.
Blacks - like whites - can help themselves with education, skills, and waiting to have children they can afford with more fathers in the home.
However, you are right in saying "until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole."
It just goes much further and covers a lot more ground.
All men are created equal......unless the Democrats decide otherwise.

...and by god they sure have, haven't they?!!!!

Lapeer, MI

#1141926 May 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sweetie...slavery is so ingrained in culture many more were responsible than just those few...even the founding fathers of the US condoned it and did it.
even that fake god you worship condoned it!
onhce again you prove you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
What?!!!

No Bush-Bashing?

Aren't you going to blame the Zionist Pigs who torture the poor Palestinian Terrorists, too?

Maybe you'd like to blame the Chinese for inventing Gun Powder while you're at it?

....and Grog for inventing The Wheel.....

Lapeer, MI

#1141927 May 26, 2014
Leon Ardo wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! You are SUCH a buzzkill!... my dangerous, violent undertones? Oooooooooo that sounds... scary... Does that make me a... a.. terrorist, Tickers?... Just cause I can I'm gonna tell you sumthin' about women, Tickers, you seem confused about what motivates them... Contrary to your obvious belief they are NOT attracted to honorable upstanding responsible bird-watching crunts until they're at LEAST 40 years old..... Secondarily, if you DO have children, did you ever wonder why they had kinky black hair?... Sounds like a crude insult on the face of it, but... think about it... that's all I'm saying... you're Polish, dude...
Hay...watchit, pal. I'm poolizch..polliitz..er..pohlit ch...um-m ...polush, too.

Lapeer, MI

#1141928 May 26, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"shinningelectr0n"
Why do you lower yourself to comment on another person's wife. "woodendick000" is easy to shoot down with out slurring and demeaning his wife.
Peace
A man's selection of a wife is a direct reflection on him.

But, I acquiesce. No need for peripheral damage when the Bulls Eye is wider than Magic Negro's Sh it-Eatin' grin.

Lapeer, MI

#1141929 May 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>thenver once been able to do so?
yet i spank you around like a puppy's chew toy anytime you dare show your yellow belly here.
You *are* a puppy's chew toy. The wolves here got a hankerin' for something bigger.

Howz about yer fat cross-eyed one-toothed sister workin' the crawfish scow down on the bayou?

Senner upheer.

Lapeer, MI

#1141930 May 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, they're already blaming him for Benghazi. And they're upset he went after an 'American' with a drone.
So they've scraping the bottom of the barrel to make things up....
If you're goin' after the Magic Negro, you *will* be workin' the bottom of the barrel.

Lapeer, MI

#1141931 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do have to say the most glaring and obvious reality about slavery and our history. The fact that it was, in fact, tolerated by too many for far too long.
It's a very hard thing for me to understand. A moral fault on the part of many which should not have become a black mark on our history simply because of our nation's love of freedom.
It caused me to do some serious soul searching about reaping what we have sown. That, along with our cruelty and treatment of the Indians. And dropping firebombs in Dresden, Germany, at the end of WWII and in Saipan.
But after struggling for a long time with where my loyalty should lie and even my allegiance to this country, I finally came to the conclusion that, in spite of those things in our past that none of us are proud of, this nation has done far more good in the world than bad and Americans have sacrificed much for many.
And I can live with that. It's a matter of recognizing the sins of the past and knowing how far we've come and where we're going rather than where we've been.
Whether or not we will still reap what we have sown is out of my hands. Our callousness towards life and the unborn is where we are morally bankrupt presently in my opinion.
"He who is without sin, cast the first stone"

Hypocrites always cast the first stone and then blame someone else.

The Greeks and the Romans did many fantastic things to advance humanity, probably more than any other society in history. They also did some horrendous things including the capturing, enslavement, torture and murder of fellow humans.

The Germans, too, in all areas of human knowledge caused the tide of humankind to rise but I needn't go into detail about 6 million Jews, do I?

The British advanced the world within all of its geography yet performed some of the cruelest acts on it's subjects in Scotland, Ireland, India, China......

"The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either." ---- Mick Jagger

“Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.”----- Henry David Thoreau

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1141932 May 26, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, the regime (Nanny Pelousy) has already set into motion a ¨Blame Bush for the VA scandal¨ campaign.
Once again, Obama (the smartest president ever) has feigned ignorance, showed his anger, and launched an investigation that will cover his ass with the help of the media.
The dumbass AA failure and liar didn't know anything, no one told him, it wasn't announced over the PA at the golf course.

“you know i know”

denver

#1141933 May 26, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like the estate has a good point because of the fraud involved. In this case, the IRS was an unwilling participant in, and beneficiary of, Madoff's Ponzi scheme, and the tax collected was fraudulent.
relevance to you stuffing yur fat face with twinkies?
Anonymous

Salem, OR

#1141934 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you. You finally understand why big government doesn't work either. But yet you somehow think Obamacare isn't going to become another overburdened, overbloated and inefficient bureaucracy?
The employer mandate hasn't even hit the fan yet. It was delayed for a reason.
It was delayed because Obama knows there will be too many jobs lost and it is an election year!

“you know i know”

denver

#1141935 May 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Idiotspeak.
oink,oink, Squeeler

“you know i know”

denver

#1141936 May 26, 2014
nazi bich

Is America Starting To Target Thought Crime?
Last week, Michelle Obama made headlines when she exhorted graduating high schoolers in a commencement address to monitor their families for politically incorrect thoughts and behaviors. In the opinion of Cheryl Chumley, a reporter for The Washington Times and the author of “Police State USA,”…
The Daily Caller

“you know i know”

denver

#1141937 May 26, 2014
Iran’s ayatollah: Jihad will last until America is wiped out
Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said the era of negotiation of Tehran’s nuclear program has ended and that those who wanted to deal with America — which he said must be destroyed — are guilty of treason.“Those [Iranians] who want to promote negotiations and surrender to the…
The Washingtion Times

Oblamer invites him to WH for tea and crumpets, golf outing

“you know i know”

denver

#1141938 May 26, 2014
what a surprise

Democrats privately calling Obama ‘incompetent,’‘detached’
CNN’s John King said Sunday morning that Democrats in key races are distancing themselves from President Obama, calling him “detached” in his handling of the scandal involving treatment of patients in a Veterans Administration hospital. More and more Democrats in key 2014 races are calling for the…
The Washingtion Times fr

Lapeer, MI

#1141939 May 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"He who is without sin, cast the first stone"
Hypocrites always cast the first stone and then blame someone else.
The Greeks and the Romans did many fantastic things to advance humanity, probably more than any other society in history. They also did some horrendous things including the capturing, enslavement, torture and murder of fellow humans.
The Germans, too, in all areas of human knowledge caused the tide of humankind to rise but I needn't go into detail about 6 million Jews, do I?
The British advanced the world within all of its geography yet performed some of the cruelest acts on it's subjects in Scotland, Ireland, India, China......
"The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or to regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either." ---- Mick Jagger
“Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.”----- Henry David Thoreau
In fact, this past Winter, I watched a Canadian piece on PBS, I believe, about how poorly the indigenous peoples of Canada were treated all through its history. Canada! I've always had this image of Canada somehow being less socially ferocious and predatory than other countries but - nope - they, too, have their dark side.

It's Life.

Lapeer, MI

#1141940 May 26, 2014
harmonious wrote:
what a surprise
Democrats privately calling Obama ‘incompetent,’‘detached’
CNN’s John King said Sunday morning that Democrats in key races are distancing themselves from President Obama, calling him “detached” in his handling of the scandal involving treatment of patients in a Veterans Administration hospital. More and more Democrats in key 2014 races are calling for the…
The Washingtion Times fr
It's time for Americans to stop the "privately" BS and just call a spade a spade.
He's an incompetent nincompoop boy who will stain the pages of America's history books in this century and the next.

Let's move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr what a russsh 11,557
Trump is A 5 hr Chilli J 165
Shouldn't this skank apologize B4 next session? 6 hr SQUAW B Malignant 13
Juanita Broaddrick explains why she supported T... 6 hr BUBBA GUILTY 2
Moore Jones will be close. 7 hr The Predicting Kimd 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 hr They cannot kill ... 3,731
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Dudley 64,306

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages