Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418450 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141392 May 25, 2014
I'm sort of surprised christians are so squeamish about abortion and "terror" when they turn their heads aside reflexively at first hint of the act that makes them necessary... It's all about the SEX baby!...
Bernard Forand

Greenwich, CT

#1141393 May 25, 2014
Ever notice how these right wing nuts research their make believe facts? Lets observe their source, say on Health Care. Remember these make believe facts of theirs. http://youtu.be/qrdfRAaSWj0
Now its Memorial Day and how does their source of enlightenment salutes our veterans. http://youtu.be/O2KU02lsfH8
Now we can see why they are as distorted in their comments...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1141394 May 25, 2014
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the gas weapons that they were ordered to give up?
History is not Eed's strong point__he's never heard of Hafez al-Assad. who already had a chemical weapons program while Saddam was still wearing short pants.

Eed sips out of his own colostomy bag and out of others who get within reach.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1141395 May 25, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being a simpleton. In order to sell the ACA to the fools, we needed to argue that the plan would save money. In order to do that, we needed to keep costs down by making care difficult to access and by using the lowest cost providers. Those who want to purchase real insurance and see real doctors are free to do so...for the time being.
Thank you for your support. We always count on mindless robots to pull our lever.
#BringBackOurGirls
Get informed.

Those who were purchasing as an individual or small of a small group, are & can save money on the exchanges.

If you bothered to take your head out of your ass, you would know there are both low cost plans with restrictive networks and also there were plans with extensive networks.
Bernard Forand

Greenwich, CT

#1141396 May 25, 2014
Paddy OBoyle wrote:
Carol, I confess I don't understand why you disappear when I write personalized stories just for you but are only too happy to chip in when they're about somebody else?
LOL how many comments and Nada A Thing of substance. Just like a right wing nut party. They produced the most dysfunctional House in American history. Perhaps they are trying to mud rake to cloud up our views so we can not see or remember their 1929 and 2008 financial disasters they plagued our nation with. I have not lost site or forgotten how they destroyed our financial stability twice and then gave the bill to repair their mess to our Main Street USA..
Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141397 May 25, 2014
Michelle took out electron's shaggy organ and, first things first, she gave it a good soak in lime, baking soda, and Clorox... It looked better after that... but not MUCH better... she took the shrunken grey head of the thing in her mouth and recoiled at the faintly intolerable odors of hot urine and bleach...
Nostrilis Waxman

New York, NY

#1141398 May 25, 2014
Where did all my sock puppets go!!!!!!!!!!
Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141399 May 25, 2014
It wasn't two weeks into the new business plan that carol had her brainstorm! She was going to have hubby wired. That's right, she hired an electrician to come in and run cabling to the vibrators so they'd only switch on whenever someone sat on them. She got a grant from the Florida Department of Energy Management that totaled $75,000 just for screwing a dimmer switch on his forehead to conserve power. Eveready awarded her $8,000 to only use their batteries but carol had decided quite a while ago to convert her hubby to AC for a variety of reasons... Fortunately the church had a program for that...
Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141400 May 25, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Where did all my sock puppets go!!!!!!!!!!
I'm guessing here, but I think a lot of them are hiding in the bathroom...
Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141401 May 25, 2014
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL how many comments and Nada A Thing of substance. Just like a right wing nut party. They produced the most dysfunctional House in American history. Perhaps they are trying to mud rake to cloud up our views so we can not see or remember their 1929 and 2008 financial disasters they plagued our nation with. I have not lost site or forgotten how they destroyed our financial stability twice and then gave the bill to repair their mess to our Main Street USA..
Well, good, I'm glad to hear it. We've got to re-rally the troops to keep the pigs at bay until they all die off or are taken by wolves... carry on, McDuff...
Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141402 May 25, 2014
(Note to right-wing antagonists...)

I LIKE the half-open lips judgits... it's my favorite for obvious reasons... The fact that you can't figure that out is totally baffling to me...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141403 May 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>History is not Eed's strong point__he's never heard of Hafez al-Assad. who already had a chemical weapons program while Saddam was still wearing short pants.
Eed sips out of his own colostomy bag and out of others who get within reach.
I do believe the old boy is becoming senile, the other day he was saying wnen Saddam was in control of Iran and when we were fighting Iran. Of course most all these baggers on here are clueless haters.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1141404 May 25, 2014
Bob Dylan said, "The Times They Are A'Changin". Is centrist, moderate liberal neo-functionalist politics being resurrected by the Republican Party? How much did six years of dealing with the Obama Administration have on this Republican shift ?

"While Ridge’s speech touched on a number of topics, including Obamacare, abortion and some of the Republican Party’s most iconic leaders — including Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan — the 15-minute speech was in many ways a rebuke of the Republican Party of the tea party era."..."“In order to govern, we must win national elections. To do so the narcissists and ideologues within our party need to understand that Americans are, more conservative than liberal, but are more practical than ideological and more tolerant and open-minded than judgmental. They are also looking for real not rhetorical solutions,” Ridge said.“They are not attracted to a party that imposes an even more severe litmus test on its own members, projects an unacceptable rigidity and self-righteousness on social issues, and spends more time and energy objecting to bad law rather than proposing alternatives.”

Ridge spoke to his evolution on marriage equality, noting that it did not happen overnight but came through the “seasoning of time and experience.” Indeed, as governor of Pennsylvania, Ridge signed a state version of the Defense of Marriage Act, only for this past summer to sign on to an amicus brief filed in the Proposition 8 case before the Supreme Court calling for marriage equality nationwide. "... "He also lamented the way many in the Republican Party have exiled or excluded those who differ with the party on social issues. While insisting the Republican Party will always be the party opposed to abortion, Ridge added that the GOP’s “narrow thinking on social issues” is one of the key reasons Democrats have won the past two national elections." www.metroweekly.com/2013/10/tom-ridge-torpedo...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1141405 May 25, 2014
OT__today's Indy 500 finish was terrific__the entire race was.

Becci Hunter-Reay got her ass all up in the air at the end__should look pretty good on TMZ tomorrow..

Their little boy is precious__that's what I looked like a 1 year.
Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141406 May 25, 2014
Ya know, friends, it occurs to me that when the u.s. military tell us they found Saddam's "rape rooms" they're probably talking about the ones on the second floor with the en suite bathrooms (i.e. the bedrooms)... If you were the absolute dictator of a nation with life and death authority over anyone at all, why would you bother to build a "rape room?" Is it like.. a lounge? A man-cave? I'll tell you what, here's a $100 bill to any filthy, lying, piece of trash, american who can show me one.. ever.... you lying pieces of rat-shit... You want a rape-room? Go to the captain's quarters on an aircraft carrier...
Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141407 May 25, 2014
Paddy OBoyle wrote:
(Note to right-wing antagonists...)
I LIKE the half-open lips judgits... it's my favorite for obvious reasons... The fact that you can't figure that out is totally baffling to me...
Thank you... um... what're you wearing...?
Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141408 May 25, 2014
Remember when Saddam had his cossacks raid the pediatric wing of the Kuwaiti hospital and steal all the baby incubators? Hahahahahaha..... sure he did... that's pretty much what any conquering soldier does when he enters a liberated city, he heads right for the baby incubators....
Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141409 May 25, 2014
And you clowns were over there on the curb with your little american flags made in pakistan waving them like crazy as our heroic troops march by...
Paddy OBoyle

Southfield, MI

#1141410 May 25, 2014
I didn't realize I was punning, sorry... and, NO, I do NOT think of women as baby-incubators!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141411 May 25, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone hates that azzhole. He's a Jew prick tea bagger.
Hey dem, hope you have a great memorial day Bud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min Cheffie 70,951
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Curiouser And Cur... 61,027
last post wins! (Dec '10) 33 min honeymylove 2,422
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 222,427
amy8-25-16 4 hr Sublime1 4
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 1,934
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 3,036
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages