Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395687 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1140483 May 22, 2014
Liberals are soooooo frikking stupid.........

The Big Fat Lie We’ve Been Fed About Our Diet
Now a new book, based on eight years of dogged research, echoes what more and more experts have been saying: Animal-based fats, far from being dietary demons, are actually good for us – and by eating more carbohydrates instead, we’ve been wreaking havoc on our bodies in the mistaken belief we were…
The Fiscal Times

Everything these idiots tell us needs to be ignored, including their hysterical bellowing about AGW. Have these jackasses ever been right?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1140484 May 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Neil DeGrasse Tyson Debunks An Anti-Science Fox News Claim In Two Minutes
"Climate Is Always Changing": The Inane Talking Point That Won't Die
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/05/22/neil-...
FOX News denies, while the FOX Broadcasting Network makes them look like idiots.
hilarious.
Neil DeGrasse Tyson Debunks.....

"Debunks"!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA.....

Neil's doing the good work of the Magic Negro. I wonder what he thinks about more Muslims at NASA?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA.....

Neil and MediaMatters are a marriage made in NAACP Heaven.

“you know i know”

denver

#1140485 May 22, 2014
“Not only does the best science now show that it’s a mistake to restrict fat in our diets,” says investigative journalist Nina Teicholz, author of The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat & Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet,“but our fear of saturated fats in animal foods – butter, eggs, meat – has never been based in solid science. A bias against these foods developed early on and became entrenched, though the evidence never amounted to a convincing case. And it’s since crumbled away.”

In an interview, Teicholz explained the error of our carb-centric ways.“Carbohydrates break down into glucose, triggering the release of insulin, the king of all hormones for making fat. If you have glucose in your system chronically over time, all day long, for weeks, months and years, you have insulin circulating constantly, which can lead to Type 2 diabetes, obesity and heart disease.”

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1140486 May 22, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Obama Administration Just Got Caught in a Massive Lie ...
WVOC.com : The LA Times has been as friendly as possible to the Obama administration, but they can't ignore this. Today they broke the story that another massive lie around Obamacare has been told to the Congress and the American people. As you know "If you like your health plan, you can keep your…
Fox Nation from RSS
"The LA Times reports that late last week hundreds of pages of new regulations were added to Obamacare. Their reporters went through it and found a few key paragraphs. The change in regulations essentially provides insurers with another backup: If they keep rate increases modest over the next couple of years but lose money, the administration will tap federal funds as needed to cover shortfalls. This could be hundreds of billions of dollars!"
The lies never stop, the demorats never tell the truth..........
this isn't new at all...where the hell have you been? why didn't you already know this?

you really need to pay attention to you own gov't if you want to be a citizen.

“you know i know”

denver

#1140487 May 22, 2014
Bamboozled by ignorance ..........again

NT: That is a question of scientific debate. There is some evidence - overfeeding experiments in the 1980s - showing that people have a hard time ‘overeating’ meat. Investigators would put stacks of pork chops in front of study subjects, and people simply couldn’t eat that many. By contrast, researchers have found people can eat huge numbers of calories when the foods are more carbohydrate-based, such as cookies, crackers and chips. One idea is that protein plus fat is more satiating, possibly because the body is getting the nutrients it needs. So by this thinking, the very nature of fat plus protein makes it hard to overeat.

note to Homer, you gotta cut out those Twinkies

“you know i know”

denver

#1140488 May 22, 2014
Jobs???

We don't need no steenking jobs!!!!!

IL Douche

47% of Unemployed Have Given Up Looking for a Job
A poll found that about half of unemployed workers say they have given up looking for a job. A Harris poll on behalf of Express Employment Professionals conducted last month found that 47% of such workers say they have "completely given up looking for work." The survey of 1,500 unemployed adult…
Mashable from RSS

St. Croix valley

#1140489 May 22, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Liberals are soooooo frikking stupid.........
The Big Fat Lie We’ve Been Fed About Our Diet
Now a new book, based on eight years of dogged research, echoes what more and more experts have been saying: Animal-based fats, far from being dietary demons, are actually good for us – and by eating more carbohydrates instead, we’ve been wreaking havoc on our bodies in the mistaken belief we were…
The Fiscal Times
Everything these idiots tell us needs to be ignored, including their hysterical bellowing about AGW. Have these jackasses ever been right?
, you just follow whatever dietary fad is currently popular.

the basics of sound dietary planning are still there, as they always have been..

you should chase whatever new 'superfood' is out there, though...\\

“you know i know”

denver

#1140491 May 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>, you just follow whatever dietary fad is currently popular.
the basics of sound dietary planning are still there, as they always have been..
you should chase whatever new 'superfood' is out there, though...\\
Poor Daffy, bamboozled by every lying fear monger that comes along, go eat some grass from your pond, I'll eat whatever I feel like eating and I'll bury you

“you know i know”

denver

#1140492 May 22, 2014
Il Douches destruction of America continues:

Nearly half of unemployed not looking for work, poll finds
Some 47% of unemployed Americans say they’ve given up on looking for work, according to a poll commissioned by staffing firm Express Employment Professionals.
Los Angeles Times

Why work when others can support you?

“you know i know”

denver

#1140493 May 22, 2014
VA already forgotten
by the liar in chief

President Obama in Chicago for 2 fundraisers
President Obama is back in Chicago after arriving at O'Hare Airport just before 6 p.m.
WLS – Chicago

St. Croix valley

#1140494 May 22, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Daffy, bamboozled by every lying fear monger that comes along, go eat some grass from your pond, I'll eat whatever I feel like eating and I'll bury you
you have absolutely no idea you just proved you dont understand what you just posted previously, do you? man, you are a moron...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1140495 May 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered...
are you a fat...
I bet you weigh 350 lbs....and have lots of tatoos...
lol! And I bet you're wrong.

Ooop! That's you! SNAFU!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1140496 May 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
The problem with taking time off from Topix is I don't know what was discussed without playing catch-up.
Hopefully Obama's success in getting Credit Suisse to plead guilty to helping Americans cheat on their taxes was not ignored. Although the $2.6 billion penalty is a drop in the bucket it is still a successful prosecution..."the first global bank in a decade to admit to a crime in a U.S. courtroom."
"The plea also signals a tougher posture by the Justice Department, which has faced criticism that it avoided pursuing large banks after the 2008 financial crisis because of the potential economic fallout. The firm said the deal will cut second-quarter earnings by 1.6 billion francs ($1.79 billion).
“This case shows that no financial institution, no matter its size or global reach, is above the law,” Attorney General Eric Holder said during a press conference. He said “a company’s profitability or market share can never and will never be used as a shield from prosecution or penalty. And this action should put that misguided notion definitively to rest.”
The bank will pay $1.8 billion to the U.S., which includes almost $670 million in restitution to the Internal Revenue Service. The penalty also involves a $715 million payment to New York’s Department of Financial Services and $100 million to the Federal Reserve. The state banking regulator also called for the termination of certain employees and an independent monitor, the person said."
(Let's not forget that Credit Suisse was a top contributor to Romney's campaign)
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-19/cred...
Well, if you think the crying reich wingers have offered anything different, the answer is no.

So did you miss anything? Again, the answer is no.

But gosh darn it, they provide such great entertainment value!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1140497 May 22, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the scientific explanation for the onion-thin protective layer around our atmosphere that I want from you and Yeah.
It's what science can't explain.
Or the odds that a fiery-balled sun would be just far enough and close enough away to sustain life on Earth in the vast proximity of our little corner of the universe.
I hate to break this to you son but contrary to your beliefs, science can't explain everything.
TPRTY

United States

#1140498 May 22, 2014
Over 300,000 current and retired federal employees, many working (or worked) at the White House, owe back taxes totaling over 3.3 BILLION dollars.

How can that be possible?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1140499 May 22, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But liberals swear on the indisputable facts of Science.
Problem is science is always discovering once widely accepted scientific facts aren't always what they seem and, in some cases, absolutely false. Like the above Standard Model of physics. They had to go back to the drawing board. Literally.
??????????

Even nazis weren't this insanely anal son......

You're really going off the deep end....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1140500 May 22, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Americans died
Il Douche lied, so did Hilarity
White House Contacted YouTube During Benghazi Attack, Darrell Issa Says
http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-contacted-y...
poor hammy.

still desperately trying to show what an idiot he is.

too bad he's not that smart!

St. Croix valley

#1140501 May 22, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I hate to break this to you son but contrary to your beliefs, science can't explain everything.
Wow! missed that one!

i wonder what "onion layer thin protective layer" she was lied to about or didn't understand when she read a half sentence about...?

Carol is good for some serious laughs, huh? the sad part is so many of our fellow citizens are just as ignorant about their own planet as she is...

St. Croix valley

#1140502 May 22, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
Over 300,000 current and retired federal employees, many working (or worked) at the White House, owe back taxes totaling over 3.3 BILLION dollars.
How can that be possible?
most likely it isn't. you misunderstood or were lied to.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1140503 May 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! missed that one!
i wonder what "onion layer thin protective layer" she was lied to about or didn't understand when she read a half sentence about...?
Carol is good for some serious laughs, huh? the sad part is so many of our fellow citizens are just as ignorant about their own planet as she is...
Oh, she doesn't know.

That's why she uses her own brand of 'scientific opinions' to make the claim.... sort of a self fulfilling prophecy.... like how Bob Dole use to talk about 'Bob Dole.'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Coffee Party 216,877
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 19 min RACE 102,497
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 39 min RACE 8,901
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 40 min RACE 2,705
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 41 min RACE 1,680
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr PEllen 6,421
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 60,115
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages