Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534576 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1140858 May 23, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Judicial Watch has no credibility" ???
Then why do Federal Judges grant them motions, dumbfk liberal zombie?
They are not one of your liberal blogs, nitwit. They find stuff out through the legal system.
Do you know who Ben Rhodes is, idiot?
You really have no clue in your little liberal world, do you?
i have to agree with you about their credibility...

Judicial Watch now gunning for DeLay

You know you are one corrupt son-of-a-bitch when you are a Republican, and the conservative Judicial Watch still guns for you. From a press release just received:

Judicial Watch, the conservative public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today called on Rep. Tom DeLay to step down as House Majority Leader in the wake of the bipartisan House Ethics Committee's recent findings that he acted improperly in attempting to win a vote from Rep. Nick Smith in exchange for endorsing Smith's son in a congressional primary. It is the second time that DeLay has been chastised by the ethics panel [...]

"Frankly, the ethics report was too kind to Mr. DeLay and the other House members implicated in the controversy. Mr. DeLay's actions in trying to trade a political endorsement for a vote were inappropriate and unacceptable, and given this grave ethical lapse, he should step down as Majority Leader. The Republican Party should not countenance its leadership violating House rules and standards of ethical behavior," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/06/5698...
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1140859 May 23, 2014
For you Sonic -

It's you for sure.

Good night son.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1140860 May 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Darrell Issa Declares War on John Boehner as Benghazi Investigation Turns Into a Circus
The big House Benghazi investigation has turned into a full blown circus, as John Boehner has lost control over Darrell Issa, who has gone rogue, and is trashing Boehner’s big plans.
Here is a transcript of Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) explaining the meltdown in the House GOP to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer:
BLITZER: What exactly is going on?
REP. CUMMINGS: I think the Speaker has lost control of Issa. Mr. Issa’s trying to interject himself into the Select Committee’s business. Keep in mind, Wolf, when the Select Committee was formed what the Speaker said was everything comes under the Select Committee. Now, here we have Mr. Issa trying to bring the Secretary in, and the Secretary is saying, you know, I’m going to come, but I’m just going to come one time. This is it. By the way, Wolf, it undermines the Select Committee. It undermines them. This is the very thing they were worried about.
BLITZER: I thought if there was a Select Committee, it would supersede the other committees.
CUMMINGS: That’s exactly right….I can tell you. I would think that Trey (Gowdy) would be a little upset about this. In other words, it’s his committee now, the Select Committee, and now he sees Issa operating on the outside, and the Speaker said it would not be a circus, but we’ve got a circus on the side.
Blitzer and Cummings both agreed that Sec. of State Kerry wouldn’t know anything, because he was a senator and not the Sec. of State at the time of the attack.
Yesterday, Issa sabotaged the Select Committee by disclosing details of a memo that confirms that the White House was telling the truth about Benghazi. At the time, it was speculated that Issa was bitter about the Benghazi investigation being taken away from him. Rep. Issa’s behavior today proves that he is actively working to sabotage Boehner’s Select Committee investigating Benghazi.
This whole sideshow has turned into an epic circus before the Special Committee has even formally been seated. I agree with Rep. Cummings. Boehner has lost all control of Issa, who is now acting on his own. The whole let’s get Obama with Benghazi plan is melting into complete chaos and dysfunction.
The great Benghazi investigation is a total joke, as Boehner, Issa, and company are getting what they deserve for trying to exploit the deaths of four Americans for partisan political gain.
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/23/darrel...
I can't understand why anyone is surprised. The writing was on the wall...Issa is a snake.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1140861 May 23, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
For you Sonic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iAbo8ZfvuOUXX
It's you for sure.
Good night son.
here's some more for you.

Members of President George W. Bush’s cabinet illegally used public funds to engage in political activities and lied to cover it up, according to a lengthy report published by the independent federal agency that investigates and prosecutes government wrongdoing.It marks the latest of many examples illustrating that government corruption is a bipartisan epidemic in which the offenders rarely get punished. At least half a dozen Bush cabinet secretaries took taxpayer-financed trips to participate in electioneering, the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC) determined after a three-year investigation. To cover it up, aides falsely claimed they were traveling on official business.Instead they made more than 100 appearances in 2005 and 2006 to help congressional allies get reelected in key battleground states such as Ohio,Kentucky, Connecticut, Indiana and New Mexico. The federally funded travel was, not only approved but also organized and monitored, by the Bush White House.Taken by the secretaries of education, agriculture, energy and health among others, the trips illegally diverted public funds and workers’ time because they violate a 1939 law (Hatch Act) that prohibits federal employees from participating in partisan political activities. Among them were visits by Veterans Administration Secretary James Nicholson to the Ohio and Washington districts of Republican congressional candidates and trips by Transportation Secretary Maria Cino and Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne to the Connecticut and Arizona districts of two other congressmen.Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman also racked up a $30,000 tab by using Department of Defense (DOD) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft to attend six events with Republican incumbents considered top priorities by the White House.The OSC also determined that between 2001 and 2007 the Bush White House organized numerous political rallies during work hours at nearly two dozen agencies and attendance by top political appointees was mandatory. Investigators sorted through more than 100,000 pages of documentary evidence and interviewed more than 80 Bush political appointees.Incredibly, neither the OSC nor the Justice Department seems to have any plans to actually punish the offenders in this scandal. Perhaps the OSC’s verbose report, with exhausting paragraphs and detailed graphs and charts, can at least be put to use as a pooper scooper.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/tag/george-...
Homer

Reading, PA

#1140862 May 23, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. Seems to be a common trait with Rethugs.
To recap: TPRTY was the one complaining and accusing Realtime of "Juvenile name-calling" because he said TPRTY's brain seemed to be on meth. This discourse was preceeded by TPRTY's rant about the "ACA clusterf**k" and Realtime's "ignorant, dumbfk pals." I merely pointed out that TPRTY had no room to talk as his behavior was far more juvenile.
I would suggest if you can't follow a conversation, you might want to keep your yap shut. Don't you ever get tired of wiping egg off your face?
Realtime is a broken-down old drunk (not to mention anti-Hispanic racist), a fact obvious to any observer.

Sleep with a dog like Realtime and you will end up with fleas.
Homer

Reading, PA

#1140863 May 23, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
The wait under Bush's watch was about five months, the wait under Obama's was almost seven months. Do you know why the wait was longer under Obama's? One reason is increased demand because of Bush's Iraq war, the other was aging baby boomers.
Right wing moron culture= blame Obama for everything.
Right wing moron culture= Facts? What facts. What difference do facts make?
Left wing culture = blame Bush for everything

Makes sense, given that we have no other excuse.

Homer and Jean for 2016.
Homer

Reading, PA

#1140864 May 23, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
If Obama can't cope with the VA, how can we expect this moron to be the executive for Oblammercare (The UCA) that is also a joke?
The VA is just a trial run for the ACA.

If the American people are stupid enough to accept the crummy performance of the VA, pushing government medicine under the ACA will be a breeze.

Bend over and prepare to be screwed.
Homer

Reading, PA

#1140865 May 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Web sites like that are designed for under developed minds like you. Idiots like you who don't possess the power of self thinking are made to order for those hate mongers.
And also for clowns like you who take 20+ years to reach a rank that a college graduate can reach in two years.

Loser.

Isn't it embarrassing to be a 40-year old Captain?
Homer

Reading, PA

#1140866 May 23, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost doesn't go around claiming to be above it all like "TPRTY" does.
You come across as a decent person, even if a completely clueless liberal.

So, the question arises as to why you continually climb in bed with a sleazeball like Ghost.
Homer

Reading, PA

#1140867 May 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Darrell Issa Declares War on John Boehner as Benghazi Investigation Turns Into a Circus
The big House Benghazi investigation has turned into a full blown circus, as John Boehner has lost control over Darrell Issa, who has gone rogue, and is trashing Boehner’s big plans.
Here is a transcript of Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) explaining the meltdown in the House GOP to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer:
REP. CUMMINGS: I think the Speaker has lost control of Issa. Mr. Issa’s trying to interject himself into the Select Committee’s business. Keep in mind, Wolf, when the Select Committee was formed what the Speaker said was everything comes under the Select Committee. Now, here we have Mr. Issa trying to bring the Secretary in, and the Secretary is saying, you know, I’m going to come, but I’m just going to come one time. This is it. By the way, Wolf, it undermines the Select Committee. It undermines them. This is the very thing they were worried about.
BLITZER: I thought if there was a Select Committee, it would supersede the other committees.
CUMMINGS: That’s exactly right….I can tell you. I would think that Trey (Gowdy) would be a little upset about this. In other words, it’s his committee now, the Select Committee, and now he sees Issa operating on the outside, and the Speaker said it would not be a circus, but we’ve got a circus on the side.
Blitzer and Cummings both agreed that Sec. of State Kerry wouldn’t know anything, because he was a senator and not the Sec. of State at the time of the attack.
Yesterday, Issa sabotaged the Select Committee by disclosing details of a memo that confirms that the White House was telling the truth about Benghazi. At the time, it was speculated that Issa was bitter about the Benghazi investigation being taken away from him. Rep. Issa’s behavior today proves that he is actively working to sabotage Boehner’s Select Committee investigating Benghazi.
This whole sideshow has turned into an epic circus before the Special Committee has even formally been seated. I agree with Rep. Cummings. Boehner has lost all control of Issa, who is now acting on his own. The whole let’s get Obama with Benghazi plan is melting into complete chaos and dysfunction.
The great Benghazi investigation is a total joke, as Boehner, Issa, and company are getting what they deserve for trying to exploit the deaths of four Americans for partisan political gain.
It is really unfair of Congress to ask Vietnam war hero Kerry to explain Benghazi when he is dedicated 24/7 to #BringBackOurGirls.

What else could be more important?

Shame on those traitors.
Homer

Reading, PA

#1140868 May 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Did Blitzed and his boyfriend have oral sex on the air?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1140869 May 23, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Blitzed and his boyfriend have oral sex on the air?
don't think so.

A Wolf In Fox's Clothing: CNN Host Legitimizes Benghazi Hoax

Conservative media have sought to legitimize the House's new select committee on Benghazi by claiming only it could answer questions about Benghazi that have already been answered, a tactic that appeared to spill over to CNN on May 22.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/05/22/a-wol...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1140870 May 23, 2014
Sterling......goes...

'AP Source: Sterling surrendering Clippers control

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-sterli...

Wife beating NFL star gets to stay....

'Rice was arrested following a Feb. 15 altercation in Atlantic City, New Jersey, in which he allegedly struck fiancee Janay Palmer.'

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ray-rice-apologi...

Location hidden

#1140871 May 23, 2014
Sterling......goes...

'AP Source: Sterling surrendering Clippers control

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-sterli ...

NFL safety destroys a strip club gets to stay...

'Broncos safety T.J. Ward has been charged with misdemeanor assault and disturbing the peace for allegedly throwing a glass mug at a female bartender at a Denver strip club earlier this month'

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos-ward-app...

Since: Jan 11

Albany, GA

#1140872 May 23, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When the system has more vets than facilities then yes, you build more facilities.
Most private corporations have a bonus systems. They have them for a reason.
VA use by the Vietnam vets has yet to peak. We are looking at the flood from Afghanistan & Iraq to keep growing for another 40 years.
Going to war has consequences. Whiners love to go to war as long as they put it on the credit card & not face their responsibilities.
"Most private corporations have a bonus system"

If that's OK with you, why don't we privatize the VA system. Then the deadwood could be fired.

What flood? A total of 50,000 wounded, both wars.

Location hidden

#1140873 May 23, 2014
the truth...

'Climategate 3.0: Blogger Threatened for Exposing 97% "Consensus" Fraud '

'In what is nearly a replay of the Climategate e-mail scandal of the University of East Anglia, independent climate blogger Brandon Shollenberger has been threatened with a lawsuit and arrest if he releases data that climate alarmists left online unencrypted showing their claim that 97.1 percent of climate scientists “endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming” is false — and a huge fabrication...'

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environmen...
Allicks Treebrick

Palm Coast, FL

#1140874 May 23, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make?
Hillary Clinton's answer for everything she covers up

Location hidden

#1140875 May 23, 2014
Sterling Goes...

this guy keeps his job

'VIDEO: Al Sharpton Defends Racist Rant:‘It Was Only One Jew’

http://dailysurge.com/2014/05/video-al-sharpt...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1140876 May 23, 2014
Marco Rubio can't name one source for his claims climate scientists are wrong about climate science

As you may have read here or elsewhere in the past few days, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, one of the Republicans testing the waters for a presidential run in 2016, has made clear he's a climate change denier.

But on Tuesday during a brief exchange at the National Press Club, a member of the audience asked through a moderator “what information, reports, studies or otherwise are you relying on to inform and reach your conclusion that human activity is not to blame for climate change?” He couldn't name a single source. So, he dodged the question and denied that he is a denier with a hokey mixture of truisms, truths, half-truths and BS.

Totally unnecessary. He could simply have referred to the peer-reviewed research of ExxonMobil, Ph.D., and Dr. David Koch and Dr. Charles Koch, climatologists.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/13/1299...
TPRTY

United States

#1140877 May 23, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. Seems to be a common trait with Rethugs.
To recap: TPRTY was the one complaining and accusing Realtime of "Juvenile name-calling" because he said TPRTY's brain seemed to be on meth. This discourse was preceeded by TPRTY's rant about the "ACA clusterf**k" and Realtime's "ignorant, dumbfk pals." I merely pointed out that TPRTY had no room to talk as his behavior was far more juvenile.
I would suggest if you can't follow a conversation, you might want to keep your yap shut. Don't you ever get tired of wiping egg off your face?
You obviously didn't pay attention.

Read Realtime's post that I responded to with "ignorant, dumbfk pals.¨

Not that a narrow minded progressive like yourself cares about facts, but he received what he dished out. Unlike your ilk, I don't respond to civil posts with uncivil replies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats going on in washington 17 min MAGA 7
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 20 min MAGA 5
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 44 min Earl 23
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min TRD 71,288
You created "US". 2 hr Needed Desperately 2
Mass media's war on police leads to more crime. 2 hr Citizen Bob 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr satan 240,820

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages