Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1783848 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1140988 May 24, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>"Quotes and fake new articles found on the internet are not news worthy or accurate" - Abraham Lincoln
It's the culture...
the right wing culture of making up quotes?

you've evidently been watching too much FOX.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1140989 May 24, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is bliss.
really?

According to a new study by Farleigh Dickinson University, Fox viewers are the least knowledgeable audience of any outlet, and they know even less about politics and current events than people who watch no news at all.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/167999/its-offi...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1140990 May 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the right wing culture of making up quotes?
you've evidently been watching too much FOX.
sonicmoron

"Quotes and fake new articles found on the internet, are not always news worthy or accurate" you idiot - Abraham Lincoln

It's the culture....
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1140993 May 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You may think that your "creative" spelling makes you look clever but it only makes you look like the idiot you are.
Speaking of idiots, your son's college acceptance rate is 63.2%

Baawwaaahhh!!!!

Well, you breast feeding Dumbocrats need some place to go!

https://www.google.com/#q=The+Catholic+Univer... +
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1140994 May 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way too stupid to know the difference between retiring from active duty and retiring from the reserves. You more than prove your insanity daily. You also wear your stupid as a badge of honor..Too be pitied for sure. Thanks for being a bagger, idiots like you are the best weapons that normal people have. Now commence your psycho babble...FOOL.
Captain Ghost 79 years old... LOL... Post#305799:- I served they are the ones that send me my $1,000 a month check, and my tri-care along with a few other perks..

You can tell more about ghost by what he says about others than you can by what others say about you ignorant dumbass..

10-4 Big Buddy!! LMFAO..

It's the culture...
dem

Palm Coast, FL

#1140995 May 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Stealing Homers name? Galt proving to be the pusssccceee we all know.
no different than stealing taxpayers' money to spread around to leeches like you
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1140996 May 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
More love for our military I see. So the 99% that get killed under the rank of Light Colonel protecting you are belittled by idiots like you and Galt...But yet you pretend to be so outraged by their treatment now...Phony Bas-turds both of you. and you prove it daily.Your ignorance on our military is on par with Galt. Both clueless and way beyond obvious that neither ever served a minute in uniform. Unless it had stripes and numbers on the back.Fewer than 1% ever achieve what's called "flag Officers'.
You have no clue. Not all of us like to brag about our background and have a big mouth like you do. You make a lot of assumptions for somebody with such limited intellect.
dem

Palm Coast, FL

#1140997 May 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. I call them willfully ignorant kkkhunts.
that's because you're a moron
GALT

United States

#1140998 May 24, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The VA debacle and Veterans dying on Obama bin Lyins watch is obama's fault..
You can't go anywhere driving a parked car ghost...
You can tell more about a ghost by what he says about others than you can by what others say about you idiot
10-4 Big Budddy!!
It's the culture...
Galt feels waxman is a troll
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1140999 May 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop posting such lies.
The killing of more than 8,000 Bosnian Muslim men and boys and the mass expulsion of 25,000 to 30,000 Bosniak civilians in 1995 was committed by units of the Army of the Republika Srpska under the command of General Ratko Mladi&#263;.
Christians are persecuted enough around the Muslim world without you adding to a growing anti-Christian intolerance.
When the Roman Catholic Church replaced the Great Roman Empire as the dominate force in Europe during the Middle Ages, atrocities were committed against anyone who refused to convert to Catholicism - including and especially Protestants.
History has judged and condemned their actions. The Roman Catholic Church sought power and control. They weren't interested in Christianity or the true Christian faith. Just like extreme Islamists today.
Where's the lies Carol? The Serbians were in Fact Christians and their targets were Muslims.
In Africa Christians have been every bit as brutal as Muslims. I condemn both sides for their intolerance especially as regards to gays and lesbians who are persecuted in both Muslim and Christian countries.
The real problem is the intertwining of religion with government. In order for everyone's beliefs to be protected is for both religion and government to hold each other at arm's reach.
That was the problem in the Middle Ages where certain sects and denominations were officially sanctioned by government. It wasn't only Catholics who were guilty of this, Protestants did their own share of persecution and atrocities.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1141002 May 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the lies Carol? The Serbians were in Fact Christians and their targets were Muslims.
In Africa Christians have been every bit as brutal as Muslims. I condemn both sides for their intolerance especially as regards to gays and lesbians who are persecuted in both Muslim and Christian countries.
The real problem is the intertwining of religion with government. In order for everyone's beliefs to be protected is for both religion and government to hold each other at arm's reach.
That was the problem in the Middle Ages where certain sects and denominations were officially sanctioned by government. It wasn't only Catholics who were guilty of this, Protestants did their own share of persecution and atrocities.
The Catholic University of America

Acceptance rate: 63.2%(2012)

https://www.google.com/#q=CUA+college

Baawwaahhh!!!!
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#1141003 May 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Having those "brain farts" again Carol? It wasn't our embassy that was attacked it was a consulate.
There were no lies or cover-ups except to hate warped right wingers like you .
How do you know that he knew there were problems with the VA in 2008? You don't. You keep ignoring the fact that the backlogs were at least partially the result of the number of injured from Iraq and Afghanistan plus the decision to make it easier for those veterans who had previously been unfairly denied to receive benefits. The backlog is going down. If administrators at particular medical centers were gaming the system to keep from looking bad then they should be fired.
If Carol believes that, then she's certainly admitting that the VA is just another problem Bush couldn't fix that he handed off to Obama....2 wars, budget deficit, spiking unemployment, collapsed economy, wall street crash.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141004 May 24, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>During the Vietnam era many enlisted men E-6 and E-7 mostly attended OCS and became officers. I served with two fortyish Captains, one was on his fourth tour.
There were also some uniformed civilians during that era who were given an officers rank, most were in the medical corps, doctors, pharmacists and such. There was a maxillofacial surgeon at the 24th Evac at Long Binh who had a multi million dollar practice in NYC. The guy was in his fifties and was assisting a Walter Reed medical team and wore the rank of Colonel.
We always referred to Long Binh as the Repo Depot.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1141005 May 24, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
If Carol believes that, then she's certainly admitting that the VA is just another problem Bush couldn't fix that he handed off to Obama....2 wars, budget deficit, spiking unemployment, collapsed economy, wall street crash.
Dolt. If you compare Bush's record over the eight year term to Obama, Obama has presided over a sustained decline, whereas Bush's term was better.

You Democrat Kool-Aid drinkers just love to spin & lie for your Communist Party.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141006 May 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue. Not all of us like to brag about our background and have a big mouth like you do. You make a lot of assumptions for somebody with such limited intellect.
Why, because it makes you feel even more inferior than you already do? And we know that old Nosewax would never brag..Huh hypocrite.
Barney Fwank

Huntington Beach, CA

#1141007 May 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
what did Saddam have to do with 9/11?
nothing.
and take into account that the plans to attack Iraq were being drawn up from the first day Bush was in office, 9/11 was the excuse the shadow Presidents had been waiting for.
so like i've said before...9/11 truthers do have a case to make.
Did you sober up ma'am? I didn't think so
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141008 May 24, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is bliss.
In your case it certainly is Galt.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1141009 May 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
A lieutenant colonel is a good rank for anyone in a long time. I assume you never made it past Captain or Sergeant, or lower. That's OK though because we need people like you too. Somebody has to do the menial role.
awwww.... I bet you never made it past cannon fodder in the ruskie army son!
Barney Fwank

Huntington Beach, CA

#1141010 May 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope it's not Galt. That old man pusssccceee knows better than to talk back to me. It's just that other lil jagoff old man nostrilfuckface. He will be retrained post haste
Morning Ma'am, you slurpin down a load of Grey Ghosts love juice for breakfast? Washing it down with a Bloody Mary from your dads wringed out tampon?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1141011 May 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolt. If you compare Bush's record over the eight year term to Obama, Obama has presided over a sustained decline, whereas Bush's term was better.
You Democrat Kool-Aid drinkers just love to spin & lie for your Communist Party.
lol! bushie boy "was better'... bushie boy "was better"....

My daddy's bigger than your daddy... my daddy's bigger than your daddy....

poor little ruskie. his backward training is really showing now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 7 min Done 117
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 9 min The real Rudy 1,149
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 min The real Rudy 12,419
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 21 min The real Rudy 3,926
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 243,601
Trump is A (Oct '17) 8 hr MPMMB 888
last post wins! (Apr '13) 12 hr The real Rudy 2,874

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages