Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1138689 May 19, 2014
only a matter of when.....

N.H. Police Commissioner Who Called Obama The N-Word Resigns

Residents demanded that Copeland resign, and the three-member police commission was set to meet to discuss the matter.

Mitt Romney, who owns a vacation home in Wolfeboro, has also called on Copeland to resign.

ďThe vile epithet used and confirmed by the commissioner has no place in our community,Ē Romney said.ďHe should apologize and resign.Ē

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/wolfebo...

and let us all remember....the First doesn't protect you from criticism. you can say whatever you want no matter how offensive it is if you're willing to pay the price. because you will pay.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1138690 May 19, 2014
Mejo wrote:
<quoted text>
"i kn could go wherever"
What are you trying to say? That your medicaid won't change regardless? You really need to work on using all the letters in a given word and all the words in a given sentence..
i generally type my resonses to you morons while reading other materials...it seems the connection drops out briefly after i start typing. pretty solid pattern any normal mind could see...what happened to your mind? TBI? genetic malfunction? inbreeding?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1138691 May 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Obama ran away in Iraq and will do the same in Afghanistan.
The man is in way over his head - always has been.
It's really not all about him. Someone should send him a memo.
someone did send him a memo.

and so, he followed Bush's timeline for Iraq.

if i were you FOXbots, i'd just keep quiet about Iraq. you're never going to come out on top on the issue.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1138692 May 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodtick apparently makes his rounds on numerous websites leaving little tidbits of "blahs".
Scroll down to the forums at the bottom - his name as the last poster on two others.
yes, i can discuss several topics at once and not make a fool of myself like you do daily on just one..

why is it you can never counter my "blahs"? why is it i continually show you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?

is "blahs" you word for cogent, thought filled comments based on facts and reason?

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1138693 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
The Iraq War And The Damaged Legacy Of The GOP
Ross Douthat argues in todayís New York Times that the Iraq War is largely the reason for the Republican Partyís current problems as well as the fact that Democrats are dominating national politics today:....
Douthat isnít alone in making this claim. Over the past week, as the nation has marked the 10th Anniversary of the start of the Iraq War, and as pundits have chimed in to discuss the matter, several people on the right have reached similar conclusions. The Washington Examinerís Philip A. Klein argued last week, for example, that the Iraq War essentially made Obamaís election, and the passage of the Affordable Care Act possible. On Friday in The Wall Street Journal Peggy Noonan mirrored the arguments that Douthat makes in his column by detailing the damage that the war has done to the GOPís reputation in the foreign policy arena as well as domestically, especially among younger voters. The most interesting take on the whole issue, though, comes from Daniel McCarthy at The American Conservative, who analogizes the GOPís position in the post-Iraq world to the problems that the Democratic Party had for decades after the Vietnam War:....
.... I think that both Douthat and McCarthy, along with Klein and Noonan, are making some excellent points, and providing some guidance for a Republican Party that is still engaged in a conversation about how to recreate itself in the light of two consecutive Presidential Election losses in a row. For reasons that only they can explain, Republicans still donít seem to understand just how unpopular the Bush Administrationís foreign policy, and specifically its policies regarding the Iraq War specifically and intervention in foreign countries more specifically. While the American public was willing to support an aggressive posture toward Al Qaeda in the wake of the September 11th attacks, itís long been the case that there has never been much support for a militaristic foreign policy, at least not since the end of the Cold War. Indeed, President Clintonís adventures in the Balkans, which I still consider to have been ill-advised, were not exactly heavily endorsed by public opinion. One reflection of that fact can be seen in the positive reception that George W. Bushís comments during the 2000 Presidential Campaign criticizing a foreign policy based on nation-building received. Sadly, when he became President, Bush didnít exactly adhere to that rhetoric.
Itís easy, and in many cases too easy, to point to a single factor to explain something as complicated as the reason why the Republican Party finds itself in its current predicament. Nonetheless, one cannot deny that the most mistaken and unpopular war in American history has had a significant impact on the party that initiated it.
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/the-iraq-war...
You probably didn't notice the author in that liberal talking points newspaper, the New York Times, didn't mention one word about the 111 Democrats who voted for the Iraq War and that one of them already ran for the presidency and another one is getting ready to.

It's just the Republicans' fault. The subprime mortgage disaster was all their fault. The sequester was all their fault. Everything is all their fault.

You really can't be that naÔve to believe that. Can you?

Orlando, FL

#1138694 May 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what complacency? i know you do not understand the articles you parrot.. you should parrot people that actually know the issue.
as pointed out, stripes change quickly especially when unpopular regimes are overthrown from within as is the most likely scenario for Iran.
How many forums have you been on today? Posting this same nonsense?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1138696 May 19, 2014
WMDs are hard to acquire...and why worry about wacko's such as Saddam Hussein....

"Declassified: Nixon Caught Off-Guard By Indiaís 1974 Nuclear Test"

http://www.asianscientist.com/topnews/nationa...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1138697 May 19, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you have not finished reading all the INTEL gathered by the French, Germans, Chinese, India, Israel, UN, NATO, Turkey , Russia, England, Italy on Saddam's Iraq.....please read it all then you can express your narrow opinion....
are you saying there is proof that Bush did have the proof he lied about?
sure pal..
your proven bullshit is not worth my time anymore. it was a lie, everyone knows it. you know it too that is why you are trying to bullshit around it.

Orlando, FL

#1138698 May 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i can discuss several topics at once and not make a fool of myself like you do daily on just one..
why is it you can never counter my "blahs"? why is it i continually show you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?
is "blahs" you word for cogent, thought filled comments based on facts and reason?
This was your response to another poster making sense on the Feinstein forum below:

"so sad that there is still ignorant scum like you on this planet. don't worry, we are doing all we can to wipe you out.

real humans are winning. slugs like you are dying out like the dinosaurs."

Sounds too familiar.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1138699 May 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
waht d that matter? waht matters i me proving your comments false, as always. the fact that i can do that and still post on may other threads shows how easy it is to prove you wrong every day of the week.

you shouldn't point out the weakness of your own arguments like that, unless you are subconsciously admitting to your lies...which i think is the case here. tha is a big step, carol after years of openly lying you have finally realized that you can be better than that kind of gutter whore parroting...good for you! i reach my hand down into the gutter to help raise you up...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1138700 May 19, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
WMDs are hard to acquire...and why worry about wacko's such as Saddam Hussein....
"Declassified: Nixon Caught Off-Guard By Indiaís 1974 Nuclear Test"
http://www.asianscientist.com/topnews/nationa...
cus he had no WMDs left! as all the intel showed.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1138702 May 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably didn't notice the author in that liberal talking points newspaper, the New York Times, didn't mention one word about the 111 Democrats who voted for the Iraq War and that one of them already ran for the presidency and another one is getting ready to.
It's just the Republicans' fault. The subprime mortgage disaster was all their fault. The sequester was all their fault. Everything is all their fault.
You really can't be that naÔve to believe that. Can you?
did the democrats tell lies to convince the other party to join in on a war that was never going to succeed?
Mejo

Sherman Oaks, CA

#1138703 May 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>waht d that matter? waht matters i me proving your comments false, as always. the fact that i can do that and still post on may other threads shows how easy it is to prove you wrong every day of the week.
you shouldn't point out the weakness of your own arguments like that, unless you are subconsciously admitting to your lies...which i think is the case here. tha is a big step, carol after years of openly lying you have finally realized that you can be better than that kind of gutter whore parroting...good for you! i reach my hand down into the gutter to help raise you up...
"waht d that matters" It matters none. What matters is that you are here for everyone to laugh at.
Thank you

Minnesota's North Coast

#1138705 May 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
what nonesense? why is i you can never counter even one of myposts with facts? now you are resorting to stalking me and ad hominem attacks as you cannot defend your own ignorant whoring for those you parrot?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1138706 May 19, 2014
Rush Limbaugh Compares VA Backlog To Genocide, Obama To Hitler

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/05/19/rush...

someone please tell that idiot that the backlog was already there when Obama took office.

though it sure does lend credence to the Bush Hitler analogy.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1138707 May 19, 2014
secrets....and gubbymints collect a lot of data...

you think they might miss something before they 'delete' it?

'A subsidiary program for these operations -- Tempora -- sucks up around 21 million gigabytes per day and stores the data for a month. The data is shared with NSA, and there are reportedly 550 NSA and GCHQ analysts poring over the information they've gathered from at least 200 fiber optic cables so far.'

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1138708 May 19, 2014
Mejo wrote:
<quoted text>
"waht d that matters" It matters none. What matters is that you are here for everyone to laugh at.
Thank you
oh no... a drive by shouting.

coward. ignorant coward...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1138709 May 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>cus he had no WMDs left! as all the intel showed.
you have not read all the Intel gathered on Saddam's Iraq....stop arguing and get to reading...

go to the NSA and knock on the door and demand that you see all the data...

they collect 21 million gigabytes everyday....

'A subsidiary program for these operations -- Tempora -- sucks up around 21 million gigabytes per day and stores the data for a month. The data is shared with NSA, and there are reportedly 550 NSA and GCHQ analysts poring over the information they've gathered from at least 200 fiber optic cables so far.'

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...

ask them about the Kennedy assassination while you are there....

Minnesota's North Coast

#1138710 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Rush Limbaugh Compares VA Backlog To Genocide, Obama To Hitler
http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/05/19/rush...
someone please tell that idiot that the backlog was already there when Obama took office.
though it sure does lend credence to the Bush Hitler analogy.
is that fool actually still on the air? why?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1138712 May 19, 2014
da gubbymint never hides anything from it's citizens....

'IVY BELLS'

http://www.businessinsider.com/operation-ivy-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 50,484
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr FoLLoW aLoNg 5,398
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Fitzwalkerstan Pu... 183,939
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 69,018
lace hairline fusion ! ! ! 7 hr Soliloquy 2
Dear Abby 1-31-15 7 hr PEllen 1
Amy 1-31-15 7 hr PEllen 1

Winter Storm Warning for Cook County was issued at January 31 at 2:32PM CST

Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]