Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394729 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1139814 May 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
kind of goes out the window when you consider that Bush had been trying to find an excuse to invade Iraq since the first day he took office. maybe that's why.....
Bush Administration Ignored 9/11 Warnings
For those who never knew, the Bush White House received numerous warnings from the counterterrorism desk at the CIA of an imminent attack by Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida on the United States.
http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/b... #
"On Aug. 6, 2001, President George W. Bush received a classified review of the threats posed by Osama bin Laden and his terrorist network, Al Qaeda. That morning’s “presidential daily brief”— the top-secret document prepared by America’s intelligence agencies — featured the now-infamous heading:“Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.” A few weeks later, on 9/11, Al Qaeda accomplished that goal."

You don't honestly think our government can do anything in a few weeks, do you?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1139815 May 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
kind of goes out the window when you consider that Bush had been trying to find an excuse to invade Iraq since the first day he took office. maybe that's why.....
Bush Administration Ignored 9/11 Warnings
For those who never knew, the Bush White House received numerous warnings from the counterterrorism desk at the CIA of an imminent attack by Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida on the United States.
http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/b... #
You didn't read that far down, did ya?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1139816 May 21, 2014
GayGhostsmama wrote:
<quoted text> Benghazi under obammy boy's watch, hillary girlie doesn't speak clearly on what happened, daughter.
Don't call Obama a boy, you're gonna give Dave an aneurism. Call him a little girl instead.
Homer

Reading, PA

#1139817 May 21, 2014
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi lily! Was asking about youl just popped in to say hi to you all. Hope you, your children and husband are all well.
Just had a few hours on and off to look about the forum. Still the same craxy stuff. I hear Demos is gone.
Demos is here, every day.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1139818 May 21, 2014
Angela wrote:
<quoted text> You'll have to carry your own balls, daughter. Ewwwwww!
lol! Why son?

You don't carry your own!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1139819 May 21, 2014
Angela wrote:
<quoted text> The Democrats should be, with all of Obama's lies and scandals finally coming to light.
You know? I hear that rumor quite a bit.

And then.... nothing!

It's as if it was all made up!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1139820 May 21, 2014
"Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one's opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness." --2010
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1139821 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"On Aug. 6, 2001, President George W. Bush received a classified review of the threats posed by Osama bin Laden and his terrorist network, Al Qaeda. That morning’s “presidential daily brief”— the top-secret document prepared by America’s intelligence agencies — featured the now-infamous heading:“Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.” A few weeks later, on 9/11, Al Qaeda accomplished that goal."
On April 10, 2004, the Bush White House declassified that daily brief — and only that daily brief — in response to pressure from the 9/11 Commission, which was investigating the events leading to the attack. Administration officials dismissed the document’s significance, saying that, despite the jaw-dropping headline, it was only an assessment of Al Qaeda’s history, not a warning of the impending attack. While some critics considered that claim absurd, a close reading of the brief showed that the argument had some validity.

That is, unless it was read in conjunction with the daily briefs preceding Aug. 6, the ones the Bush administration would not release. While those documents are still not public, I have read excerpts from many of them, along with other recently declassified records, and come to an inescapable conclusion: the administration’s reaction to what Mr. Bush was told in the weeks before that infamous briefing reflected significantly more negligence than has been disclosed. In other words, the Aug. 6 document, for all of the controversy it provoked, is not nearly as shocking as the briefs that came before it.

The direct warnings to Mr. Bush about the possibility of a Qaeda attack began in the spring of 2001. By May 1, the Central Intelligence Agency told the White House of a report that “a group presently in the United States” was planning a terrorist operation. Weeks later, on June 22, the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be “imminent,” although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible.

But some in the administration considered the warning to be just bluster. An intelligence official and a member of the Bush administration both told me in interviews that the neoconservative leaders who had recently assumed power at the Pentagon were warning the White House that the C.I.A. had been fooled; according to this theory, Bin Laden was merely pretending to be planning an attack to distract the administration from Saddam Hussein, whom the neoconservatives saw as a greater threat. Intelligence officials, these sources said, protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, was ridiculous, but the neoconservatives’ suspicions were nevertheless carrying the day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1139822 May 21, 2014
Great, now Mr. Twitchy Pants himself, Dave Silverman is threatening to possess my Roku.

http://www.msnbc.com/ronan-farrow/watch/comin...

Not surprising Farrow keeps inviting this creep on his show to tell people "they NEED to abandon faith", like he's ultimate ideology guru of all time.
Notice he said all religion "is a lie", yet he claimed his "religion sub-group" doesn't "raise funds". I guess he thinks nobody has been keeping an eye on his "sub-group'" activities? What an ass.

The way he's twitching around in his chair one suspects part of the deal of being a guest on the msnbc is a blow job from Farrow. Not surprising considering the network's far left tendencies. Nope, it's rather typical of them and CNN.

Dangit, now I'm going to have to watch that garbage to keep an eye on them.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1139823 May 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
wanna see the CBO report?
and since FOX has to ignore such things, i won't be quoting them.
If you could have linked to the CBO report directly, why did you choose that loony-tunes site instead? Politicus is crap, sonic. Choose your sources wisely.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1139824 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Well son! Since you have no source, let's fill YOUR article out!!!!

Let's go to the next day!!!!!

"Bush Gave No Sign of Worry In August 2001"

By Dana Milbank and Mike Allen
Washington Post Staff Writers

www. Washington Post.com

Sunday, April 11, 2004; Page A01

CRAWFORD, Tex., April 10 -- President Bush was in an expansive mood on Aug. 7, 2001, when he ran into reporters while playing golf at the Ridgewood Country Club in Waco, Tex.

The day before, the president had received an intelligence briefing -- the contents of which were declassified by the White House Saturday night -- warning "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US." But Bush seemed carefree as he spoke about the books he was reading, the work he was doing on his nearby ranch, his love of hot-weather jogging, his golf game and his 55th birthday.

"No mulligans, except on the first tee," he said to laughter. "That's just to loosen up. You see, most people get to hit practice balls, but as you know, I'm walking out here, I'm fixing to go hit. Tight back, older guy -- I hit the speed limit on July 6th."

National security adviser Condoleezza Rice, in her testimony Thursday to the independent commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, spoke of a government on high alert for terrorism in the summer of 2001. "The president of the United States had us at battle stations during this period of time," she testified. Rice's talk of battle stations is part of the Bush administration's effort to counter an impression that it did not do enough about terrorism before Sept. 11; a Newsweek poll released Saturday found that 60 percent think the Bush administration underestimated terrorism before the attacks...."
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1139825 May 21, 2014
Reich wingers really are intent on proving they're bigger idiots than anyone else!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1139826 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read that far down, did ya?
lol! You have bigger problems than that, son!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1139827 May 21, 2014
"Global warming" is good for the environment

"The unusually quiet 2013 fire season continued a long-term trend in declining wildfires. From 1962 through 1982, for example, at least 100,000 wildfires occurred in the United States every year. Since 1982, however, not a single year has registered 100,000 wildfires. During the past decade, an average of 73,000 wildfires occurred each year. During the 1970s, by contrast, an average of 155,000 wildfires occurred each year. "
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1139828 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could have linked to the CBO report directly, why did you choose that loony-tunes site instead? Politicus is crap, sonic. Choose your sources wisely.
lol! Follow your own advice son.

It seems you like to have your butt kicked by reality! And I'm happy to oblige!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1139829 May 21, 2014
"National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) data, presented by the International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project, reveal this winter’s exceptionally cold winter was merely the continuation of a long-term cooling trend. The trend line for the past 20 years shows more than two degrees Fahrenheit of cooling in U.S. winter temperatures since 1995."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1139830 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
i use biased sites on purpose. why not? should i be held to a higher standard than any of these right wing nutjobs?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1139831 May 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
On April 10, 2004, the Bush White House declassified that daily brief — and only that daily brief — in response to pressure from the 9/11 Commission, which was investigating the events leading to the attack. Administration officials dismissed the document’s significance, saying that, despite the jaw-dropping headline, it was only an assessment of Al Qaeda’s history, not a warning of the impending attack. While some critics considered that claim absurd, a close reading of the brief showed that the argument had some validity.
That is, unless it was read in conjunction with the daily briefs preceding Aug. 6, the ones the Bush administration would not release. While those documents are still not public, I have read excerpts from many of them, along with other recently declassified records, and come to an inescapable conclusion: the administration’s reaction to what Mr. Bush was told in the weeks before that infamous briefing reflected significantly more negligence than has been disclosed. In other words, the Aug. 6 document, for all of the controversy it provoked, is not nearly as shocking as the briefs that came before it.
The direct warnings to Mr. Bush about the possibility of a Qaeda attack began in the spring of 2001. By May 1, the Central Intelligence Agency told the White House of a report that “a group presently in the United States” was planning a terrorist operation. Weeks later, on June 22, the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be “imminent,” although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible.
But some in the administration considered the warning to be just bluster. An intelligence official and a member of the Bush administration both told me in interviews that the neoconservative leaders who had recently assumed power at the Pentagon were warning the White House that the C.I.A. had been fooled; according to this theory, Bin Laden was merely pretending to be planning an attack to distract the administration from Saddam Hussein, whom the neoconservatives saw as a greater threat. Intelligence officials, these sources said, protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, was ridiculous, but the neoconservatives’ suspicions were nevertheless carrying the day.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the...
"was planning a terrorist operation" - i'll bet you a dollar folks are planning an attack as we "speak". What should obama do about it?

" the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be “imminent,” although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible." He should have nuked someone, damn it!

Yeah, that article really doesn't help prove Bush could have done anything about 9/11
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1139832 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
"Global warming" is good for the environment
"The unusually quiet 2013 fire season continued a long-term trend in declining wildfires. From 1962 through 1982, for example, at least 100,000 wildfires occurred in the United States every year. Since 1982, however, not a single year has registered 100,000 wildfires. During the past decade, an average of 73,000 wildfires occurred each year. During the 1970s, by contrast, an average of 155,000 wildfires occurred each year. "
Uh huh. Californians might disagree with your analysis.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1139833 May 21, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Well son! Since you have no source, let's fill YOUR article out!!!!
Let's go to the next day!!!!!
"Bush Gave No Sign of Worry In August 2001"
By Dana Milbank and Mike Allen
Washington Post Staff Writers
www. Washington Post.com
Sunday, April 11, 2004; Page A01
CRAWFORD, Tex., April 10 -- President Bush was in an expansive mood on Aug. 7, 2001, when he ran into reporters while playing golf at the Ridgewood Country Club in Waco, Tex.
The day before, the president had received an intelligence briefing -- the contents of which were declassified by the White House Saturday night -- warning "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US." But Bush seemed carefree as he spoke about the books he was reading, the work he was doing on his nearby ranch, his love of hot-weather jogging, his golf game and his 55th birthday.
"No mulligans, except on the first tee," he said to laughter. "That's just to loosen up. You see, most people get to hit practice balls, but as you know, I'm walking out here, I'm fixing to go hit. Tight back, older guy -- I hit the speed limit on July 6th."
National security adviser Condoleezza Rice, in her testimony Thursday to the independent commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, spoke of a government on high alert for terrorism in the summer of 2001. "The president of the United States had us at battle stations during this period of time," she testified. Rice's talk of battle stations is part of the Bush administration's effort to counter an impression that it did not do enough about terrorism before Sept. 11; a Newsweek poll released Saturday found that 60 percent think the Bush administration underestimated terrorism before the attacks...."
I have no source? LMAO

Hey sonic, do you want to break it to this idiot, or would you like me to?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min Ize Found 70,709
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Jacques Orleans 216,585
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 60,030
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Red_Forman 1,108
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 2,131
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 7 hr Fa-Foxy 10
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr Anthony Scarpuzzi... 1,660
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Dregs Historian 102,451
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages