Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
Patrick

United States

#1137872 May 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG feeding kids healthier foods.
The very nerve!!!
Change of Topic as A C A is working

Remember when Kathleen Sibelius resigned and everyone said the Republicans would turn Sylvia Burwell’s confirmation into an anti-Obamacare extravaganza, because the only issue the GOP would ride into the midterms was unceasing opposition to the ACA? That was so last month.

This week Burwell’s confirmation hearing turned out to be a bipartisan snuggle, with praise for the nominee from both sides of the aisle, and enough Republican endorsements to guarantee her confirmation.

What happened? The Hill contacted the staff of all the major GOP-run committees and found none of them had plans to hold any hearings on Obamacare.“The lack of action highlights the GOP’s struggle to adjust its message now that enrollment in the exchanges beat projections and the uninsured rate is going down,” it said.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1137873 May 17, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
In sonic's case, when you are toilet paper, everything looks like sh it.
Wipe that sh it-eatin' grin off yer face, boy....
When Sonic started to claim that Stewart and Maher were real political intellects was the day we knew her FNS derangement syndrome had rotted her brain.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1137874 May 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell,given enough time those idiots on the right will eat their own.They are always in a feeding frenzy.
Exactly. I remember when these morons presented themselves as the moral majority, what a laugh. It was these same hate driven imbeciles hiding behind religion. Now they have to climb in bed with other psychos and they just hold their noses.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1137875 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that many progressives here think Maher and Stewart are real news announcers and not comedians speaks volumes about the progressive intellectual development.
Both are far smarter and more knowledgeable than any of your idiots.. Every time Stewart or Maher confront Oreilly they make a fool out of that smug azz. I have watched that happen many times. You baggers always look like you just smelled something bad, probably yourselves.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1137876 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that many progressives here think Maher and Stewart are real news announcers and not comedians speaks volumes about the progressive intellectual development.
the fact that you don't recognize their political commentary far more relevant than those you parrot shows you to be just as stupid as you seem to be...

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1137877 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
When Sonic started to claim that Stewart and Maher were real political intellects was the day we knew her FNS derangement syndrome had rotted her brain.
are you saying you are more politically aware than them? you who gets shown to be talking out of your ass on a daily basis about politics? really?

you get funnier as you get more desperate...

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1137878 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact they think Maher and Stewart is real news screams arrested development.
So are you saying that Stewart's contention that "The backlog at the VA is criminal." is not real news?

Funny, I thought that was what you were upset about. Want another look at the episode where Stewart takes Obama to task for not addressing the problems at the VA?

http://www.pogo.org/blog/2013/03/jon-stewart-...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1137879 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that is a sad reflection on your lack of knowledge and you obviously know little about either of them. But then again a wart hog would be a Rhodes Scholar compared to you.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1137881 May 17, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Change of Topic as A C A is working
Remember when Kathleen Sibelius resigned and everyone said the Republicans would turn Sylvia Burwell’s confirmation into an anti-Obamacare extravaganza, because the only issue the GOP would ride into the midterms was unceasing opposition to the ACA? That was so last month.
This week Burwell’s confirmation hearing turned out to be a bipartisan snuggle, with praise for the nominee from both sides of the aisle, and enough Republican endorsements to guarantee her confirmation.
What happened? The Hill contacted the staff of all the major GOP-run committees and found none of them had plans to hold any hearings on Obamacare.“The lack of action highlights the GOP’s struggle to adjust its message now that enrollment in the exchanges beat projections and the uninsured rate is going down,” it said.
You must have an aversion to news sources.

Burwell was picked as a safe choice for this position as she has had in the past strong support from both political parties. There was tough questions and many wished her good luck in fixing the mess she inherited. Somebody has to replace Sibelius and Burwell was probably the best choice either party would get from Obama.

Obamacare remains as unpopular as always. Only 41% still approve of the program
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1137882 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Right knows what comedy is. The Left unfortunately think Maher and Stewart is real news.
We are laughing.
Ok, I suppose you like Dennis Miller, who else? He used to be Democrat till he lost his mind and became the angry white guy
What do you find funny?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1137883 May 17, 2014
The Racist Pig is back at it again trying to start race riots across America.

Holder, confronting issue of race once more, says ‘subtle’ threats to equality ‘cut deeper’: http://tinyurl.com/kfxqnwe

Now it's "subtle" threats. Jesus keeriste this azzhole is looking for racial confrontations everywhere. I think he's still unhealed from his Trayvon loss down there.

This SOB needs to be cut down and arrested.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1137884 May 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that is a sad reflection on your lack of knowledge and you obviously know little about either of them. But then again a wart hog would be a Rhodes Scholar compared to you.
You guys do know you are using two entertainers as your political intellects. You are in no position to be besmearing anyone's intellect after maintaining that viewpoint.

Progressives here are suffering from arrested development.

Lapeer, MI

#1137885 May 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fact that you don't recognize their political commentary far more relevant than those you parrot shows you to be just as stupid as you seem to be...
Joseph Goebbels and Joey Stalin would also call it "political commentary"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA....

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1137886 May 17, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying that Stewart's contention that "The backlog at the VA is criminal." is not real news?
Funny, I thought that was what you were upset about. Want another look at the episode where Stewart takes Obama to task for not addressing the problems at the VA?
http://www.pogo.org/blog/2013/03/jon-stewart-...
I am saying that people usually have the good sense to know that entertainers are not to be idolized as political geniuses.

Lapeer, MI

#1137887 May 17, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I suppose you like Dennis Miller, who else? He used to be Democrat till he lost his mind and became the angry white guy
What do you find funny?
What do we find funny?

How about lily at AA?

Lapeer, MI

#1137888 May 17, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
"ptbw forever" is under the Republican tent with all you other dim witted morons. That isn't a way to talk to your hate driven brother.
Are you telling me that I have no right to choose who I associate with?

Free Speech? Bill of Rights?

Read the US Constitution lately?

Good people can disagree with good people. Even heatedly.

Grow up, Toothless Wonder.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1137889 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys do know you are using two entertainers as your political intellects. You are in no position to be besmearing anyone's intellect after maintaining that viewpoint.
Progressives here are suffering from arrested development.
And Rush Limbaugh is yours! Dittoheads

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1137890 May 17, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you find funny?
I am laughing real hard at how many of the progressives here think entertainers are political geniuses.

That is some funny stuff.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1137891 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that people usually have the good sense to know that entertainers are not to be idolized as political geniuses.
Glen Beck? Mark Levin?

Lapeer, MI

#1137892 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Right knows what comedy is. The Left unfortunately think Maher and Stewart is real news.
We are laughing.
Now *THAT* is comedy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min Buford 99,305
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min CDC 51,892
dear abby4-1-15 again. 50 min RACE 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min red and right 185,985
abby4-1-15 54 min RACE 1
Amy 3-30-15 1 hr miss ann elk 40
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 5,829
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]