Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394388 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TeApArTy

United States

#1138580 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Critics have noted the irony that Bowen is calling for an open discussion that fosters mutual respect in an intemperate speech delivered to students who are leaving the school, and will therefore have no chance to respond.
No chance to respond? Will their tongues be cut out and their hands amputated?

What a stupid argument.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1138581 May 19, 2014
TeApArTy wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of hard? LOL
Had the two been republicans they'd be out of politics. Had the two been republicans and made those comments in 2014, your ilk would want them stripped of every asset and then jailed.
Both Biden and Reid are phonies -- racists 'standing up for civil rights' for no other reason than political expediency and furthering their political careers.
Harry Reid has come under criticism this week for his reported remarks about President Obama's skin tone and vernacular. NAACP Senior Vice President for Advocacy Hilary Shelton appeared on Fox News Monday morning to explain how Reid's comments, while awkward, are not inherently offensive.

As Shelton explained, the NAACP evaluates members of Congress according to their track record on Civil Rights issues: "Harry Reid is someone who has always scored an "A" on the NAACP's legislative report card. We are more concerned with his record than his rhetoric."

http://www.naacp.org/blog/entry/naacp-chooses...
sonicLiar

Palm Coast, FL

#1138582 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, he was warned about the problems that Bush left him.
i guess Bush was too busy making excuses for Iraq.
"If you like your excuses, you can keep your excuses." (B. Hussein O.)

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1138583 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy has been there now into his second four year term. He was the smartest thing since sliced bread according to the MSM. Now it's still George Bush's fault? When is it Barack Hussein Obama's fault? After all he said he could fix it seven years ago, and hasn't done diddily?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1138584 May 19, 2014
Moniker L wrote:
<quoted text>That would be as difficult as shooting fish in a barrel. Just pick up a newspaper. Any newspaper in an urban area.
so i suppose the 84% of whites who are killed by other whites live in the suburbs?

one has to wonder why FOX never talks about the epidemic of white on white crime.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1138585 May 19, 2014
sonicLiar wrote:
<quoted text> "If you like your excuses, you can keep your excuses." (B. Hussein O.)
Bush Spins Scandalous Neglect of Vets

One of the surprising claims that stood out among the combined 90 pages of so-called accomplishments was the White House’s glowing assessment of Bush’s record on veterans’ issues. Bush claims he “provided unprecedented resources for veterans” over the past eight years and provided “the highest level of support for veterans in American history.”

The White House made these claims in the face of what former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld might have called a “known known”– that the treatment of veterans returning from deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan has been a national disgrace, highlighted most dramatically by the neglect and substandard care given wounded troops at Walter Reed and other military hospitals.

The budget increases that have occurred mostly were enacted over Bush’s opposition or related to the fact that injuries from the Iraq War far exceeded the administration’s rosy projections in early 2003. The Bush team especially underestimated how many cases of post-traumatic stress disorder to anticipate as well as the number of brain injuries, which have been endemic to the Iraq War where insurgents made effective use of “improvised explosive devices,” or IEDs.

Before Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq in March 2003, documents released by the Department of Veterans Affairs said it expected a maximum of 8,000 cases of post-traumatic stress disorder.

However, according to a study released last year by the RAND Institute, there are more than 320,000 veterans of the Iraq and Afghan wars suffering from major depression, PTSD and/or traumatic brain injury. The report found that the VA has been and continues to be ill-equipped to deal with these cases when soldiers return from combat, especially after multiple tours.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2009/010609b.ht...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1138586 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
stray kook?
Primetime Racism on Fox
Hannity’s long history of boosting bigots
His television and radio shows feature a parade of pundit grotesques who join the host in condemning African-Americans, the group that receives the brunt of his bigotry. In this capacity, Hannity also acts as a sort of one-man fire brigade, rushing to extinguish accusations of anti-black racism, and defending, exonerating or rehabilitating the racists behind the words and deeds.
Routinely casting black people as villains, even in stories in which they are obviously victims, Hannity just as regularly casts people who have victimized African-Americans as hapless, persecuted victims themselves. Black people who have been clearly wronged are virtually nonexistent in Hannity’s world.
http://fair.org/extra-online-articles/primeti...
Your link points to a liberal blog and the hit piece is nothing more than propaganda, hate, innuendo & insinuations.

You are a mindless robot. You add no value to this thread except for posting spam.

When you post crap like this, you are proving you are a racist.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1138587 May 19, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>The guy has been there now into his second four year term. He was the smartest thing since sliced bread according to the MSM. Now it's still George Bush's fault? When is it Barack Hussein Obama's fault? After all he said he could fix it seven years ago, and hasn't done diddily?
i'm not taking sides.

Obama: Reduce the Veterans Benefits Administration claims backlog

Promise Broken

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promi...

but i'm also not going to ignore that fact that it's been an ongoing problem since the start of the Iraq War.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1138588 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so i suppose the 84% of whites who are killed by other whites live in the suburbs?
one has to wonder why FOX never talks about the epidemic of white on white crime.
ROTFLMAO!!!!

You are STUPID.

Who cares.

Unlike you, true Americans care about the economy & jobs, not your hyperbole, lies and hate.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1138589 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush Spins Scandalous Neglect of Vets
One of the surprising claims that stood out among the combined 90 pages of so-called accomplishments was the White House’s glowing assessment of Bush’s record on veterans’ issues. Bush claims he “provided unprecedented resources for veterans” over the past eight years and provided “the highest level of support for veterans in American history.”
The White House made these claims in the face of what former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld might have called a “known known”– that the treatment of veterans returning from deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan has been a national disgrace, highlighted most dramatically by the neglect and substandard care given wounded troops at Walter Reed and other military hospitals.
The budget increases that have occurred mostly were enacted over Bush’s opposition or related to the fact that injuries from the Iraq War far exceeded the administration’s rosy projections in early 2003. The Bush team especially underestimated how many cases of post-traumatic stress disorder to anticipate as well as the number of brain injuries, which have been endemic to the Iraq War where insurgents made effective use of “improvised explosive devices,” or IEDs.
Before Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq in March 2003, documents released by the Department of Veterans Affairs said it expected a maximum of 8,000 cases of post-traumatic stress disorder.
However, according to a study released last year by the RAND Institute, there are more than 320,000 veterans of the Iraq and Afghan wars suffering from major depression, PTSD and/or traumatic brain injury. The report found that the VA has been and continues to be ill-equipped to deal with these cases when soldiers return from combat, especially after multiple tours.
http://www.consortiumnews.com/2009/010609b.ht...
<spam>
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1138590 May 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
But his wife is Mexican and his children are too! Plus he is bilingual. He has a likeability factor that is rare with Republicans. Don't get me wrong; he is still a Bush; he was our Gov for 8 years so we know this snake well.
Hah, the little brown ones. And of course the wife was flat nailed to the wall by customs while smuggling thousands of dollars worth of goods into the US.

And then there is the No Child Left Behind nonsense, the Terry Schiavo fiasco, and all sorts of other deviosity Jeb left in his wake.

And with that said__the Repukes have no one who could beat him in the primary. No one!

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1138591 May 19, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalking, lurking, judging, skulking, another day in the life of Waxturds, Topix' premier troll.
WAXTURDS TROLLING SOCKPUPPET CARNIVAL SHITSHOW!
"Lily Barton" wrote <quoted text>
you such a smert libewal retard you must have figured out Syria had it's own WMD manufacturing.
Like you err so smert man.
"Nostrilis Waxman"<quoted text>
Huf Po! Smert libewal. It's a conspiracy agaisnt them (IE: they believe Obama).
shinningelectr0n wrote:<quoted text>
Translation:
Ladida, Hodidoe
Waxman wrote:<quoted text>
Translation:
Ladida, Hodidoe
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
...and the cow jumped over the moon!
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TI79GCO8VK9QA3S ...
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
And a cow jumped over the moon!
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how rediculous you are.
Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
What a rediculous thing to say. You obviously are deficient in this area.
nostrilis waxman wrote:
another rediculous assert by a clueless moron:
<quoted text>
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it like being dead Ghost?
What is it like? Do you feel dead?
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me. What is it like being dead?
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure You also have a Unicorn in the back yard,right? Toodles, ape man.
Democrats are Fascists wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ride your Unicorn often, liberal?
#577856 Democrats are Fascists wrote:
Have a nice day Richard Cranium. <quoted text>
Grey Moron wrote: <quoted text> Good job, Richard Cranium.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
#395210 Jul 17, 2011
Look Richard Cranium. I already told you, NOT INTERESTED in you.
Nostrilis Waxman 395208 Jul 17, 2011
No. Liberals who cannot adapt to society like you are homo-schooled Richard Cranium. Let me guess about you... You are an Obama voter?
Grey Moron Fairview, NJ |#441048
Bored. You say a lot, but it means nothing. I'm sure you've encoutered this before, like when you approach people at a party. Did you ever wonder why they scatter? Zzzzz.
Nostrilis Waxman Windsor, Ct #395266 Jul 17, 2011
I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too?
Nostrilis Waxman #93787 Mar 7, 2011
When you walk up to a group at a party, does everyone walk away from you? July 17, 2011
Nostrilis Waxman #395266
I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too?
Nwaxman wrote:
By the way, do like it Greek? I'll be gentle with you. I know you Democrats like to avoid talking about Greece! Can I call you my little Greeker?
Nwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>If you've got any balls, then spit them out because they're definitely not yours.
Nwaxman wrote: <quoted text>I like big sweaty
cock in my azz whole!
Oh no....
TeApArTy

United States

#1138593 May 19, 2014
<quoted text>The guy has been there now into his second four year term. He was the smartest thing since sliced bread according to the MSM. Now it's still George Bush's fault? When is it Barack Hussein Obama's fault? After all he said he could fix it seven years ago, and hasn't done diddily?
Barack Hussein Obama and the democrat party have perfected the art of passing blame on to their opponents and skirting responsibility for anything negative.

They're so good at what they do, there are posters here who actually believe Obama didn't lie about the ACA and that we are in the midst of a ¨hot economy.¨

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1138594 May 19, 2014
Does the Government have a behind scene?

Isn't Government for the people? My observation plenty are on disability and what else for what group needs to get done?

People and taxes people out of work is America's leading force still the UNION worker in complaining there would be a class in need of something?
Some are over charged?

WTF is AMERICA'S ISSUE...

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1138595 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Reid has come under criticism this week for his reported remarks about President Obama's skin tone and vernacular. NAACP Senior Vice President for Advocacy Hilary Shelton appeared on Fox News Monday morning to explain how Reid's comments, while awkward, are not inherently offensive.
As Shelton explained, the NAACP evaluates members of Congress according to their track record on Civil Rights issues: "Harry Reid is someone who has always scored an "A" on the NAACP's legislative report card. We are more concerned with his record than his rhetoric."
http://www.naacp.org/blog/entry/naacp-chooses...
Saying offensive, bigoted remarks is okay as long as you pay off those you piss on?

NAACP needs to get it together. Things either or; or not racist.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1138596 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
somehow different from FOX making money supporting the narrow worldview of old white folks who need to hear about the bad black man? and lord knows how much ad money they gleaned from bashing Al and Jessie.
got news for you...white people are people too....

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1138597 May 19, 2014
TeApArTy wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack Hussein Obama and the democrat party have perfected the art of passing blame on to their opponents and skirting responsibility for anything negative.
They're so good at what they do, there are posters here who actually believe Obama didn't lie about the ACA and that we are in the midst of a ¨hot economy.¨
Republicans have perfected the art of denying and spinning their history of failure. Apparently you've forgotten that Bush took a thriving economy and trashed it. Compared to what Obama inherited this is a "hot economy". Pick any measure used to value the economy and compare 2008 to 2014. Spin that dumbass.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1138598 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
if one of the people that died was your mom or day you'd behave differently....

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1138599 May 19, 2014
Accu-punture, accu-weather or accu news which is more accurate?

Getting to the point...

Is anyone at war with Yugoslavia too? Did that get lost in the news?

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1138600 May 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not taking sides.
Obama: Reduce the Veterans Benefits Administration claims backlog
Promise Broken
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promi...
but i'm also not going to ignore that fact that it's been an ongoing problem since the start of the Iraq War.
I see you are still confused.

The issue is hidden waiting lists and hospitals lying about their wait times so they could receive bonuses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min 2all 216,423
Word (Dec '08) 6 min They cannot kill ... 6,397
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 min They cannot kill ... 2,676
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 21 min Ize Found 70,697
last post wins! (Apr '13) 50 min They cannot kill ... 1,097
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 60,006
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr AngryLeak 102,441
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages