Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,044,361 - 1,044,380 of 1,083,516 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Grey Ghost

Broad Run, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost goes for the grade school rubber and glue thingy.
Cute
Actually I'm attempting to enlighten you. But I should have know that absorption isn't your strong suit.

Since: Mar 14

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Bush Pilot Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, the idea is to get rid of you people, dummy. We're not trying to take you to the next astral plane... we want you folks to die, is there some question? You reap what you sew...
You sound just like a good little Nazi German.

They, too, wanted people to die because of a faux superiority and ideology. The Nazis did the reaping, however, and brainwashed Germans had to live in the aftermath.

Better wake up or you'll be among those who learned they were on the wrong side of history too. You, like them, will reap what you have sewn.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

What Federal Reserve Chairwoman Yellen knows about the deficit (and you should, too)
By Sen. Dan CoatsPublished May 13, 2014FoxNews.com Facebook45 Twitter20 Gplus0
janet-yellen_0
Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen talks at a news conference following the March 2014 Federal Open Market Committee meeting while at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Sysytem in Washington, March 19, 2014.REUTERS/LARRY DOWNING
When the Treasury Department announced in February that the $680 billion federal deficit for the 2013 fiscal year is the smallest our country has seen since 2008, the Obama administration widely touted the news as proof that the president’s economic policies are working.

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said at the time,“We are moving in the right direction… our deficit today is less than half of what it was when President Obama first took office.”

Many Democrats in Congress used the news to call for another stimulus package and more deficit spending.

Our economy is like a leaking ship being plugged with a few sticks of gum. Congress and the White House must act if we want to avoid the same fate as the Titanic.
Putting aside how anyone could celebrate the fact that our federal government ran $680 billion in the red last year, recent testimony from Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen should permanently throw cold water on plans for any new unpaid for spending.

During her appearance before the Joint Economic Committee last week, I asked Yellen how Congress can help business owners in Indiana and across the country with the uncertainty they face in this economy.

Her answer highlighted why the long-term deficits Washington currently is projected to run must be addressed.

“There is more work to do to put fiscal policy on a sustainable course,” Yellen said.“That progress has been made over the last several years, in bringing down deficits in the short term, but that a combination of demographics, the structure of entitlement programs, and historic trends in health-care costs, we can see that over the long-term deficits will rise to unsustainable levels relative to the economy.”

What specifically was she referencing?

According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO), the gross federal debt will continue to rise rapidly over the next decade, peaking at 101 percent of gross domestic product by 2024. CBO projects that gross federal debt will increase from $16 trillion last year to $27 trillion in 2024. During this same time, net interest expense nearly quadruples – from $221 billion to $876 billion.

With these comments, the Fed Chairwoman joined a long list of academics, economists, business leaders and even the bipartisan Simpson-Bowles Commission who have all stated the obvious: Unless the United States makes tough spending choices in the short-term, eventually we are going to face a debt-induced catastrophe. It is only a matter of time, and the clock is running down.

In fact, if interest rates were not artificially held down by the Fed at historically low levels, we might already be facing our day of reckoning. According to CBO, even a one percentage point increase in interest rates would add $1.1 trillion to the United States’ debt over 10 years. And that new debt would occur without any changes in spending or taxing — interest rates alone would simply drive our debt out of control.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it when you try to bring up old issues and still cannot disprove that
--the mitigation study lists Gold Butte
--SCOTUS states the FEDs cannot claim permanent ownership of state lands
I proved you lied.

you said Nevada owns all the land --- a complete lie.

You said the solar plant was to be on the land Bundy was grazing -- a complete lie.

Keep it up, liar.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the mitigation study as now you are acting like an idiot.
The mitigation used Gold Butte.
SCOTUS states the FEDs could not permanently own state land. That states it all.
You are getting LAME here.
Why do you always have to be so stupid in the middle of arguments when you realize you were wrong?
SCOTUS agreed the Feds own the land. Anything else requires Court Cases.

You are so stupid to stay with this.

But I'll gladly kick you around some more.

You explicitly said Nevada owns all the land within it's borders.(page 51530) A complete lie.

""You do know that lands within a state boundary belongs to the state when it joins the Union and the FEDs are the ones who pay for use of it?""

Nice try, liar.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY DUMBASS!
What party refused to regulate the markets in mortgage backed securities and debt default swaps?
What party refused to take away tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas?
What party has consistently blocked legislation that would put people back to work?
What party has blocked raising the minimum wage lifting people out of poverty and putting more money in their pockets so that they can go out and purchase goods and services, stimulating the economy?
And yes STUPID it was the Republicans who were responsible for the downgrade. Two of S&P’s biggest concerns about whether the United States will pay off its debt are whether Republicans will be so insane as to refuse to lift the debt ceiling, a possibility Republicans intentionally stoked fears of, and whether the United States will raise much-needed tax revenue. Specifically, S&P changed its baseline assumption that the Bush tax cuts would expire on schedule in 2012 because Republicans are so insistent that they must be renewed.“We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues,” wrote S&P. That adds $4 trillion over ten years to the projected deficits.
The DOE loan program that funded Solyndra was actually started by President Bush in 2005. It was intended to provide government support for “innovative technologies". The Bush Administration advanced the Solyndra loan guarantee for two years before Obama became President. It was the rapidly declining price of traditional, flat solar panels and silicon – mostly from China — that did the company in.
The last part of your comment comes from right wing nut case David Limbaugh, Rush's equally insane brother.
You're an idiot!
Haven't you burst a blood vessel yet?

Work harder on it.
Realtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Please try and understand this simple concept. Poor people will continue going to the ER under Obamacare. It will be very difficult for them to find a physician who will see them. They might be able to find a nurse practitioner but they usually work in doctors' offices.
Can't figure out for the life of me why you think health care is going to be more accessible to the poor under this law - or anyone else for that matter.
George Zimmerman__remember him? Then perhaps you also remember the Altamonte Family Practice where he was treated for his, cough, wounds. www.altamontefamilypractice.com the nurse practitioner there testified during George's trial.

Are you familiar with those sorts of doctors offices doll? Doesn't sound like you're up to speed on the medical profession__just sayin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who owns it now? more lies to add to the list...
we're gonna need a bigger boat...
She's projecting like a lanatic!!

SC says not permanent, means to Roxy the Feds don't own it now!!

That's how whacked out she is in a desperate attempt to avoid admitting to lying.

This will be fun. She'll see her lies repeated for weeks!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuc, is deliberately acting like a moron.
But, you are correct it is a childish attempt to harass other posters.
I'm tired of your coming here and telling outright lies.

And i will continue to point them out.

This will be fun..........for me, anyway!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still trying to justify the Republican lies and stupidity. The Mushroom cloud, the ticking time bomb, we know exactly where WMDs are hidden, we must stop Al Qaeda, the list is long and ugly. Most every Republican voted for the war, most Democrats voted against the war.Only Bush- Cheney and all of the Chickenhawks that they surrounded themselves with hyped and lied us into that disaster. And damn near everyone of them were draft dodging cowards, like you. There would never have been any war there if not for the lies, fear and hype by the Bush Adm. By the way how did that war work out idiot? Every bid of that war and the messes we are currently in could have been avoided if Republicans hadn't stole the election from Al Gore. All the thousands sacrificed and the trillions on two botched wars a ruined economy by two idiots as stupid as you are moron.
Go back to sleep, ghost. The world will do better without yer loud mouth and dupie's rants.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound just like a good little Nazi German.
They, too, wanted people to die because of a faux superiority and ideology. The Nazis did the reaping, however, and brainwashed Germans had to live in the aftermath.
Better wake up or you'll be among those who learned they were on the wrong side of history too. You, like them, will reap what you have sewn.
There's Carol with the lame-o Nazi references again!!

Like God isn't punishing you enough for your past history of lies and character assasination.

Keep it up, Lorac.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>

SCOTUS states the FEDs could not permanently own state land. That states it all.
So who owns the land now?? Define 'temporary', nitwit

You want to lie again and say it's Nevada??

Even Galt/Nobraina told you th eFeds own 85% of the State. DUH

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I proved you lied.
you said Nevada owns all the land --- a complete lie.
You said the solar plant was to be on the land Bundy was grazing -- a complete lie.
Keep it up, liar.
I said that the FEDs were never to have permanent ownership of the land that it belongs to the state --SCOTUS ruling supports this.

I said the solar panels was associated with the Bundy ranch---the mitigation study proves this.

You are the one running around with the goal posts. So, skippy, is there anymore silly whines you have?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm tired of your coming here and telling outright lies.
And i will continue to point them out.
This will be fun..........for me, anyway!!
I will continue to point out your idiocy and running around with the goal posts in a lame attempt to "win" an old debate.

Run along and quit whining.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Federal Judge Denies Idaho Governor's Motion To Put Gay Marriages On Hold

""BOISE, Idaho (AP)— A federal magistrate judge has refused to put gay marriages on hold in Idaho pending an appeal from the state's governor.

U.S. District Magistrate Judge Candy Dale wrote Wednesday morning that Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter's appeal isn't likely to succeed, and so there's no reason to keep same-sex couples from seeking marriage licenses or marrying on Friday.

On Tuesday, Dale struck down Idaho's same-sex marriage ban in response to a lawsuit from four Idaho couples.

Dale said Idaho's law unconstitutionally denies gay and lesbian couples their fundamental right to marry and wrongly stigmatizes their families. She said the state must start issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples Friday morning.

Gay marriage is legal in 17 states and the District of Columbia.

Otter has vowed to appeal the ruling.""

----------

Hate freedom Teabaggers LOSING.

Freedom WINNING!!
Realtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Off topic__maybe not

On this day in 1878 Robt A Chesebrough tradmarked Vaseline Pertroleum Jelly and a star was born.

That product remains virtually unchanged since it's inception.

I wonder where Robert's heirs hang out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So who owns the land now?? Define 'temporary', nitwit
You want to lie again and say it's Nevada??
Even Galt/Nobraina told you th eFeds own 85% of the State. DUH
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You just aren't very bright. The contract signed by the state when they joined the union was intended to be temporary--SCOTUS ruling.

The claim was/is the states gave permanent ownership of the lands to the state. That is not true. This is what you were saying yesterday until OOPs that wasn't true so now you arguing idiocy.

Now run along skippy
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Chuck Todd: Questioning Hillary's Age May Complicate GOP's Reagan Worship

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/hillary...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Correction:
Nuc, you just aren't very bright. The contract signed by the state when they joined the union was intended to be temporary--SCOTUS ruling.

The claim was/is the states gave permanent ownership of the lands to the FEDs. That is not true. This is what you were saying yesterday until OOPs that wasn't true so now you arguing idiocy.

Now run along skippy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that the FEDs were never to have permanent ownership of the land that it belongs to the state --SCOTUS ruling supports this.
I said the solar panels was associated with the Bundy ranch---the mitigation study proves this.
You are the one running around with the goal posts. So, skippy, is there anymore silly whines you have?
You said the State owns the lands, Feds must pay to use it. You said nothing about a SCOTUS ruling.

You lied about both issues.

SCOTUS confirmed Federal ownership of the lands, but said it wasn't permanent.

How does that help your lies?

Case closed.

Whine all you want, we have your posts to prove what you said.

And every word was a lie.

Hre's your original post, page 51430,#1118744

----------

Roxlo said:

"You do know that lands within a state boundary belongs to the state when it joins the Union and the FEDs are the ones who pay for use of it?"

----------
Funny, nothing about a SCOTUS ruling there, is there?? LOL

You just lied again about a previous lie. That'a about a dozen run on lies to cover up the original lie. That's what liars do.

and you're a liar extraordinaire.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info