Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1567181 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1137793 May 17, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Realslime once again demonstrates his senility.....
Hah, I had to go back and look__I didn't remember you using the......"s.

So perhaps it is you__sans the onion router.
John Galt

United States

#1137794 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in favor of people being honest which you seem to be opposed to.
NO one was charged with outing Plame. The only charge was lying to a FBI agent.
You cannot rewrite what the charges were.
Plame was a Washington party girl who was widely known to be a CIA analyst and was never a "secret agent".....
John Galt

United States

#1137795 May 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>notice how they didn't drag out those hearings forever after all the facts were out there. facts that included the WH deleting whole reams of emails on the issue...
seems the partisan witch hunts belong to one party in this nation...
the fool has a point....

time to end the hearings and appoint a Special Prosecutor.......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137797 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the IRS outlining who should be targeted probably means nothing. You need to step away from your partisan sites. Even the MSM isn't dumb enough to repeat this lack of logic by Media Matters.
so has the MSM taken up the FOX drumbeat?

the right wing nutjobs sites are not the MSM.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137798 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally confused and get a little frustrated here.
It sounds like a wish list.
a right wing wish list that's failed to produce anything that will break out of the FOX bubble.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137799 May 17, 2014
Bill Maher challenges Republicans: Impeach Obama ‘so he can kick your ass a third time’

Bill Maher closed Real Time on Friday by throwing a serious —“Rob Ford in rehab” serious, even — challenge to the Republican Party, daring conservatives to follow through on their threat to impreach President Barack Obama over the fatal September 2012 U.S. consulate bombing in Benghazi, Libya.

“When the Republicans impeached [Bill] Clinton, his approval ratings shot up 10 [percentage] points, to 73,” Maher argued.“Obama’s approval is at 41. He could use a little of that impeachment mojo. So go ahead, haters. Make Benghazi your big issue, please. Put Barack Obama back on the ballot in 2014, so he can kick your ass a third time.”

The fact that Republicans are seizing on the attack as a talking point again, Maher said, meant that the Affordable Care Act (commonly known as “Obamacare”) was working.

“Logic, however, not as much,” Maher said.“Because if you ask [conservatives] to explain what the Benghazi crime is, they still can’t. It’s just some blather about ‘Don’t you see? If it was terrorists, instead of what he said, act of terror, then Obama is weak and Mitt Romney gets to be retroactive president.’”

But logical arguments don’t matter in today’s GOP, Maher explained, attributing their rhetoric to the party catching syphilis in 1994, leaving it untreated and reducing it to “the drooling and frothing stage today.”

“It’s like trying to relate to someone who’s tripping when you’re not,” Maher said.“Sorry, we don’t see the spiders.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/17/bill-ma...

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1137800 May 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Bill Maher challenges Republicans: Impeach Obama ‘so he can kick your ass a third time’
Bill Maher closed Real Time on Friday by throwing a serious —“Rob Ford in rehab” serious, even — challenge to the Republican Party, daring conservatives to follow through on their threat to impreach President Barack Obama over the fatal September 2012 U.S. consulate bombing in Benghazi, Libya.
“When the Republicans impeached [Bill] Clinton, his approval ratings shot up 10 [percentage] points, to 73,” Maher argued.“Obama’s approval is at 41. He could use a little of that impeachment mojo. So go ahead, haters. Make Benghazi your big issue, please. Put Barack Obama back on the ballot in 2014, so he can kick your ass a third time.”
The fact that Republicans are seizing on the attack as a talking point again, Maher said, meant that the Affordable Care Act (commonly known as “Obamacare”) was working.
“Logic, however, not as much,” Maher said.“Because if you ask [conservatives] to explain what the Benghazi crime is, they still can’t. It’s just some blather about ‘Don’t you see? If it was terrorists, instead of what he said, act of terror, then Obama is weak and Mitt Romney gets to be retroactive president.’”
But logical arguments don’t matter in today’s GOP, Maher explained, attributing their rhetoric to the party catching syphilis in 1994, leaving it untreated and reducing it to “the drooling and frothing stage today.”
“It’s like trying to relate to someone who’s tripping when you’re not,” Maher said.“Sorry, we don’t see the spiders.”
Bill Maher??? Progressives sure love their comedy shows

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1137801 May 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
oh man, i used to love being the sober one among trippers...but having tripped several times i could definitely relate...

it was fun to mess with them in a kind and gentle way...

St. Croix valley

#1137802 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
why aren't there any right wing comedy shows?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1137803 May 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why aren't there any right wing comedy shows?
There are but Faux Conservatives like you wouldn't recognize high-Intellect adult humor if it bit you on your azz(head).

Your kind are perfectly content with Left-Wing juvenile giddiness.

St. Croix valley

#1137804 May 17, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
There are but Faux Conservatives like you wouldn't recognize high-Intellect adult humor if it bit you on your azz(head).
Your kind are perfectly content with Left-Wing juvenile giddiness.
such as?

you poor little simple minded boy...i have seen your puerile attempts at humor. jokes about poo seem to be the acme of your oeuvre...

Lapeer, MI

#1137805 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
With an adult-styled round-table political-news discussion, participants can discuss and/or argue their interpretation of facts and factual events.

On Progressive Comedy channels, hosts create Straw Men and then poke them with Funny Sticks. Unthinking Juvenile audiences roar with laughter.

That's where the money is today - Straw Man Comedy.

Lapeer, MI

#1137806 May 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh man, i used to love being the sober one among trippers...but having tripped several times i could definitely relate...
it was fun to mess with them in a kind and gentle way...
You have never stopped tripping.

You entire life remains one big Peyote meal.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1137807 May 17, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, the problem with your explanation is you can make the same case for a number of situations.
Witness the USS Cole that happened under Clinton. He provided bushie boy with whatever intel he had before leaving office. And what did he do with it?
nothing..........
“In 1998,” said Hillary Clinton,“Congress concluded that Iraq’s continuing weapons of mass destruction programs threatened vital United States interests and international peace and security, declared Iraq to be in ‘material breach of its international obligations’ and urged the President ‘to take appropriate action, in accordance with the Constitution and relevant laws of the United States, to bring Iraq into compliance with its international obligations."

October 10, 2002.“Authorization for the Use of Military Force Against Iraq.” It concluded:“The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines necessary in order to (1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and (2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council resolution regarding Iraq.”

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1137808 May 17, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
With an adult-styled round-table political-news discussion, participants can discuss and/or argue their interpretation of facts and factual events.
On Progressive Comedy channels, hosts create Straw Men and then poke them with Funny Sticks. Unthinking Juvenile audiences roar with laughter.
That's where the money is today - Straw Man Comedy.
I think you areconfusing Fox news with the comedy channel.

Since you obvioous don't watch either Jon Stewart or the Colbert report, I'll explain how it works. The get actual video of conservatives and teabaggers lying, spouting BS, being hypocrites and contradicting themselves, you know evidence to support their point

now on fox news you get a bunch of idiots sitting on a couch, making accusations and congratulating each other, all without any evidence to support their views
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1137809 May 17, 2014
Flashback 2004: Kenyan Newspaper Innocently Reported that Senator Obama Was Born in Kenya

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/05/17/flash...

NOTHING THIS USURPER SIGNS IN OUR NAME IS LEGAL.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137810 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe no one has told you......only 3 million people think FOX isn't a news parody channel.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1137811 May 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
What are you talking about? There are!

Limbaugh....

Hannity...

The Five....

Fart 'news'....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137812 May 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137813 May 17, 2014
A political blogger allegedly breaking into the nursing home where the wife of Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS) lives to take her photograph is one of the more repulsive political stories in some time. And once the accused was linked to the tea party insurgent challenging Cochran in the GOP primary, establishment types leapt.

The blogger, Clayton Thomas Kelly, 28, has been an outspoken supporter of challenger State Sen. Chris McDaniel -- going so far as to wonder if he could be the next Rand Paul -- while consistently criticizing Cochran. That meant that his alleged transgressions immediately took center stage in what might be the most bitter Republican primary this cycle.

Explicitly and implicitly, establishment Republican operatives tied Kelly to McDaniel.

"My only response would be that it's disgusting and inhuman," Brad Dayspring, spokesman for the National Republican Senatorial Committee, told TPM in an email. "For weeks, the attacks lobbed toward Senator Cochran have been ugly, and there seems to be no boundary that they won't cross."

The McDaniel campaign quickly sought to distance itself from Kelly, asserting that the blogger had "no relationship" while it released a sympathetic statement from McDaniel toward the Cochrans.

"I've reached out to Senator Cochran directly to express my abhorrence for the reprehensible actions of this individual," McDaniel said. "This criminal act is deeply offensive and my team and I categorically reject such appalling behavior."

But separating McDaniel from Kelly could prove more difficult than a simple statement. Though a campaign spokesman told the Clarion-Ledger, which broke the story, that he had "never even heard (Kelly's) name," one of the blog posts on Kelly's website is titled "I Met MS Senator Chris McDaniel" and features what seems to be a picture with McDaniel and Kelly.

GOP operatives also pointed to a YouTube video of Kelly's that appears to feature a one-on-one interview with McDaniel. McDaniel, for his part, told The Hill that he had met Kelly, but didn't know him.

There is no certain evidence that the McDaniel campaign coordinated with Kelly or knew of his break-in, but other Republican establishment types -- former aides for Mitt Romney, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and the NRSC -- still berated the pair on Twitter. And Dayspring tweeted nuggets of the McDaniel campaign's confused response and alleged inconsistencies in its version of events.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/mcdaniel-coch...

i guess bagger politics is a dirty business. might stem from being on the ass end of everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 105,223
Simon McGreedys 3 hr Rattlesnake Pete 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Just Think 242,122
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 5 hr Id eat a gun-1st 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SweLL GirL 11,036
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 hr Alyssa76 3,670
last post wins! (Apr '13) 9 hr They cannot kill ... 2,578

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages