Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1582858 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1137727 May 17, 2014
Nan Rich says she’s in the race to the end.

The end, to Rich and more than 100 supporters who gathered Friday evening for the official opening of her campaign office in Weston, is winning the governor’s race in November.

“I am running for governor. And I will be in this race, in case anybody had any doubts, I will be in this race until the end. And the end to me is to be elected governor of the state of Florida,” she said.

Video: Governor candidate Nan Rich rallies the troops

Broward Democratic Party deals blow to Nan Rich debate push

Broward Politics blog

Rich took shots at Charlie Crist, who was elected governor as a Republican in 2006 and is now competing with her for the Democratic nomination to challenge Republican Gov. Rick Scott.

“I’m running on my record. I think it’s very important for people to run on their records. Not a record that I’ve had to reinvent or apologize for. I’m running on my record of fighting for middle class families, of fighting for strong public education, of fighting for seniors, of fighting for children, and health care for all Floridians. Those are just some. I’m also running on a set of principles that I’ve held throughout my adult life, the Democratic principles of putting people first….

“I haven’t changed my principles in any of my elections, and I’ve won them all. That’s the way I’m going to work to win this election. I think Florida is ready for a true, progressive governor….

“One thing is for sure: everybody wants Rick Scott to be a one-term governor. And then the only question is who is the person that’s going to replace Rick Scott?”

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/brow...

“Mass hysteria bubble”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1137728 May 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Groups Targeted by I.R.S. Tested Rules on Politics
Representatives of these organizations have cried foul in recent weeks about their treatment by the I.R.S., saying they were among dozens of conservative groups unfairly targeted by the agency, harassed with inappropriate questionnaires and put off for months or years as the agency delayed decisions on their applications.
But a close examination of these groups and others reveals an array of election activities that tax experts and former I.R.S. officials said would provide a legitimate basis for flagging them for closer review.
“Money is not the only thing that matters,” said Donald B. Tobin, a former lawyer with the Justice Department’s tax division who is a law professor at Ohio State University.“While some of the I.R.S. questions may have been overbroad, you can look at some of these groups and understand why these questions were being asked.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/us/politics...
Putting off an application for years is never justified. Making up a list of who to target is totally illegal.

What kind of dufus states the questions were overboard but hey let's give the IRS a pass because well, you know, the group?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1137729 May 17, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! It's great your article has no author son.
Like everything else, reich wingers do things out of fear!
I love this comedy channel!
I will have to admit I did not follow her link but I did find an article that pretty much paints a clear picture of why they are moving:

"Genetic testing company 23andMe has been slammed with a $5 million lawsuit less than a week after the Federal Drug Administration ordered the company to halt sales.

Filed by San Diego, Calif. resident Lisa Casey, the class action lawsuit against the Silicon Valley company claims their genetic testing kits are meaningless, unsupported by scientific evidence and falsely advertised to consumers. The Google-backed company sells $99 spit-kits that consumers fill with a saliva sample, return for DNA testing and receive back with a glimpse into their genetic makeup and propensity for different diseases and conditions.

"It seems to me to be a very thinly disguised way of getting people to pay them to build a DNA database," Casey’s attorney Mark Ankcorn told NBC News.“I anticipate they are going to fight it and use every available resource they have to deny the claims.”

A 23andMe spokesperson said in a statement that they would not comment on legal proceedings.

On Nov. 27, the FDA ordered 23andMe to stop sales of its kits, stating that the company is in violation of U.S. law because the tests have not been cleared by the federal government to make medical claims."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/04/23an...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1137730 May 17, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
"I" what?
God are you people dumber than sh*t!
lol! Poor ruskie. So now you're into English.

Keep trying son, keep trying!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1137731 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting really lame now. If you choose to be belligerent and refuse to understand what was stated-your issue. It was posted for those who want to understand the issue not for those who want to be contrary.
Some of the progressives here will act like deniers no matter what is presented. You appear to be in that group.
Now I am moving on to those who want to discuss the issue. Have a nice day.
i did understand it, it did not back up your case at all..

i'm belligerent for pointing out you posting lies about me? wow, you really have been beaten down ... so you can't back up any of this crap at all? one of it? you claims about the IRS? your lies about me?

so sad.

“Mass hysteria bubble”

Location hidden

#1137732 May 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You were WRONG about Media Matters. Good to see you admit your mistake for a change. However it is amusing to watch you run around in circles trying to connect dots. The fact is, the Tea Party was a new movement and groups associated with them applied for 501(c)4 status in far greater numbers than liberal groups. They were the new kid on the block and, as such, deserved and received extra scrutiny. I see nothing wrong with it.
I noticed you, in your ususal partisan manner, conveniently omitted the part of the IRS rules regarding 501(c)4 organizations that specifically deals with political campaigns. Typical FOX move.
"The promotion of social welfare DOES NOT INCLUDE direct or indirect participation or intervention in political campaigns on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office. However, a section 501(c)(4) social welfare organization may engage in some political activities, so long as that is not its primary activity." Got that? Repeat...the promotion of social welfare DOES NOT INCLUDE direct or indirect participation or intervention in political campaigns on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office!
IMO, anyone who honestly believes that an organization like Waco Tea Party doesn't deserve additional scrutiny is brain dead. The IRS had no choice but to approve them as a 501(c)4 organization up and until such time as they participate in a campaign against a particular candidate, directly or indirectly. TICK TOCK.
http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profit...
Well, that was a nice tantrum.

After the IGA report came out stating that the IRS was deliberately slow walking conservative groups, 24 of these groups have been approved.

So much for amateurs interpreting IRS regs.

The issue remains as stated by the IGA report--the IRS was deliberately slow walking conservative groups apps.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1137733 May 17, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sorry, nothing's changed in that regard. Clinton set the table, I can provide quotes to prove it. Muslim militiamen started the war. You were giddy with excitement, then politics took over. The rest is history.
lol! Son, the problem with your explanation is you can make the same case for a number of situations.

Witness the USS Cole that happened under Clinton. He provided bushie boy with whatever intel he had before leaving office. And what did he do with it?

nothing..........
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1137734 May 17, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Flack put up all the Jefferson quotes earlier in the week__we laughed then too.
Grab a clue man, while a genius,Jefferson lived in a very different era. How different? Well the estimated US population in 1780 was only 1.4 million and over a third of that number were slaves. Jefferson had no earthly what the future would bring.
Ben Franklin thought the US Constitution would be scrapped within fifty years.
These retards can't figure out that it's 2014 and that President Obama was elected twice!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1137735 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting really lame now. If you choose to be belligerent and refuse to understand what was stated-your issue. It was posted for those who want to understand the issue not for those who want to be contrary.
Some of the progressives here will act like deniers no matter what is presented. You appear to be in that group.
Now I am moving on to those who want to discuss the issue. Have a nice day.
Duck, dodge and run....

... the conservative way.

Honesty need not show up!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137736 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Matters are truly lame with their spinning.
DC shouldn't have been involved in anyway with targeting Tea Party groups. They were and now it is a BIG problem because they LIED and said they weren't.
Media Matters is lame?

so how's the FOX program of throwing Obama out of the White House working out?

big fail. thanks in part to Media Matters.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1137737 May 17, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Can't wait until the liberal women in this country figure out there's a real war on women - and Christians - in Middle Eastern countries and Africa while they ignore gender income inequality in this administration and at the New York Times.
Stupid little hashtags won't affect the war on women that has been going on for decades - even centuries - in some parts of the world.
How refreshing it would be if they boldly spoke out to all Americans why this is going on, how long it's been going on, who is behind it and why and take a stand for women's rights and the real war on women.
But there's no political advantage for them in doing that. And why liberal women should be ashamed of themselves.
Conservative women aren't speaking out loudly enough either. But they aren't inventing petty invisible wars against women that don't exist as political ploys. And at least conservative networks are bringing more attention to it than any of the liberal propagandists.
We should all be ashamed for our collective silence.
Carol learned a new word: "hashtag", do you even know what it means?
You don't give a fk about those black women in the Sudan so stop bullshytting us.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1137738 May 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have to admit I did not follow her link but I did find an article that pretty much paints a clear picture of why they are moving:
"Genetic testing company 23andMe has been slammed with a $5 million lawsuit less than a week after the Federal Drug Administration ordered the company to halt sales.
Filed by San Diego, Calif. resident Lisa Casey, the class action lawsuit against the Silicon Valley company claims their genetic testing kits are meaningless, unsupported by scientific evidence and falsely advertised to consumers. The Google-backed company sells $99 spit-kits that consumers fill with a saliva sample, return for DNA testing and receive back with a glimpse into their genetic makeup and propensity for different diseases and conditions.
"It seems to me to be a very thinly disguised way of getting people to pay them to build a DNA database," Casey’s attorney Mark Ankcorn told NBC News.“I anticipate they are going to fight it and use every available resource they have to deny the claims.”
A 23andMe spokesperson said in a statement that they would not comment on legal proceedings.
On Nov. 27, the FDA ordered 23andMe to stop sales of its kits, stating that the company is in violation of U.S. law because the tests have not been cleared by the federal government to make medical claims."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/04/23an...
Interesting......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137739 May 17, 2014
Chief Shatting Bull wrote:
<quoted text>kind of like taking a Racist POS like you serious, you're a joke and I laugh at you daily
laugh all you want. i'm not the one who goes around acting like a nutjob group, which btw is very much in the minority, should be ruling the country just because they don't like the color of the guy in the WH.

so i've been laughing since 2010. and so far i've seen no reason to stop.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1137740 May 17, 2014
U.S.D.A. gears up for War against Our farmers, solicits sub-machine guns and body armor

http://intellihub.com/u-s-d-gears-war-farmers...
Chief Shatting Bull

Westminster, CA

#1137741 May 17, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, the problem with your explanation is you can make the same case for a number of situations.
Witness the USS Cole that happened under Clinton. He provided bushie boy with whatever intel he had before leaving office. And what did he do with it?
nothing..........
You sure are into sons a lot, pervert
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137742 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The IGA report stated that the IRS was deliberately slow walking conservative applications.
show me. with no truncations. this is not FOX News.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137743 May 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting off an application for years is never justified. Making up a list of who to target is totally illegal.
What kind of dufus states the questions were overboard but hey let's give the IRS a pass because well, you know, the group?
i hear you talking......but you're not giving me much to listen to.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1137744 May 17, 2014
Chief Shatting Bull wrote:
<quoted text>You sure are into sons a lot, pervert
Really son?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137745 May 17, 2014
Patriot wrote:
U.S.D.A. gears up for War against Our farmers, solicits sub-machine guns and body armor
http://intellihub.com/u-s-d-gears-war-farmers...
just give the NRA a couple of days to debunk that nonsense.

“Mass hysteria bubble”

Location hidden

#1137746 May 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Matters is lame?
so how's the FOX program of throwing Obama out of the White House working out?
big fail. thanks in part to Media Matters.
I see you offer no defense for Media Matters stating it was okay for DC to be involved in targeting conservative groups.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Awww Melrose diner closed! 1 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3
Please 1 hr Out of Potty Expe... 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 11,178
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 2 hr ThomasA 26
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Definitely Democruds 5
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 2 hr STARfukinFascists 23
News 2 dead, 6 others wounded during city shootings (Aug '16) 3 hr Fordian hesterdam 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages