Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496621 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

Twinsburg, OH

#1137516 May 16, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Is this meth language, some kind of code? Sorry I'm not looking to purchase.
Good..because you'd be S.O.L. and w/out a paddle to back peddle, that's for certain!!

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1137517 May 16, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, out here in PA this guy Tom Wolf is running for governor and depending on the ad you see he either saved or destroyed his family business. My guess is it's somewhere in the middle.
I like Tom Wolf.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1137518 May 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey knucklehead, read my post. I said, "Did you know people were dying because of dereliction at the VA? I didn't." That's why NOW. It's never happened before NOW. You say it's been going on for 50 years. I'm a 64 year old vet, I've never heard of deliberate, intentional neglect leading to the death of dozens of sick veterans. If you have, lets see some evidence.
Unbelievable! You actually think that Vets just started dying because of health care neglect since Obama became president! He nearly doubled the funding to the VA that Bush provided.
Maybe you haven't heard about neglect to Vets because you look to FOX News for information. Jon Stewart has been talking about this problem on the Daily Show for years.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1137519 May 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey knucklehead, read my post. I said, "Did you know people were dying because of dereliction at the VA? I didn't." That's why NOW. It's never happened before NOW. You say it's been going on for 50 years. I'm a 64 year old vet, I've never heard of deliberate, intentional neglect leading to the death of dozens of sick veterans. If you have, lets see some evidence.
There have been plenty of Vets that have died from inferior care along with delayed care throughout history. It's appalling now because it's even worse given the added burden put on an already flooded VA system by the Bush debachle. There are lots of changes that are needed and hopefully now we will get it fixed once and for all. All real Americans want us Veterans to get the care we were promised, but giving the state of politics now days what ever one side wants the other is against. Like now this isn't a Democrat or a Republican problem it's an American problem and the only answer is "FIX IT" Both Parties. "NOW".
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1137520 May 16, 2014
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>someone put sugar in your maypo ma'am? your gettin' a bit worked up so close to bedtime...you remember what happened last time
Well I'm sure old Waxturd gets lonely in that abandoned mobile home. No friends, no family, no balls, no hope. Aww shit there I go feeling sorry for that freak again...Ok I'm over it.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1137521 May 16, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable! You actually think that Vets just started dying because of health care neglect since Obama became president! He nearly doubled the funding to the VA that Bush provided.
Maybe you haven't heard about neglect to Vets because you look to FOX News for information. Jon Stewart has been talking about this problem on the Daily Show for years.
A fcking comedian? That's where you get your news?? That is unbelievable. Come on nitwit, show me where, in the past, people have died in these numbers, under these scandalous conditions. Maybe Chris Rock can get you the stats.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1137522 May 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
A fcking comedian? That's where you get your news?? That is unbelievable. Come on nitwit, show me where, in the past, people have died in these numbers, under these scandalous conditions. Maybe Chris Rock can get you the stats.
You baggers never open your eyes or mind you are always fueled by programmed anger and the facts are only bothersome and never relevant.

Carlisle, PA

#1137523 May 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a myth that government ran health care system are trash compared to open systems no matter how much you want to deny it!! There are too much data for you to deny the system is slower.
I also say nonsense on throwing money at a failed system helps anything. The VA got more money and they bought furniture and drapes.
You just two posts ago stated that the persons who where responsible should be punished. Now you are playing defender for these dishonest doctors.
You have a fixed capacity & you go to two wars that will create more vets &you are saying that these facilities should not have any problems meeting these higher demands.

Buildings actually require to be maintained along with the curtains, equipment, furniture, etc. I guess you want to hang sheets over the windows & drag out those army cots for hospital beds.

So far, we know those who schedule appointments & manage that aspect provided fraudulent data.

But I see you are still blaming the doctors.

You prefer we make doctors rush through appointments & skimp on care so they can push more through the system. I prefer a doctor that provides the time to do it right.

Evidently, you think these VA doctors have your work ethic - that being a lazy f*ck that needs to be bribed to do their job. Some people actually have good work ethic & do the best to do the best job they can.

The VA system has not failed. It was over loaded.
Patricangelily

Palm Coast, FL

#1137524 May 16, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to lie for the tea party while taking money from the government for medical care ?
Obama continues to lie for the democrats while taking money from the working taxpayers for his unaffordable unavailable medical care fantasy.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#1137525 May 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A study on the 68 scientific studies on global cooling 1965 - 1979 finds that only 10% predicted cooling, 28% took no stance and 62% predicted warming.
During this time, the thinking was the cooling effects of air pollution. Sine that time, efforts to clean up that pollution have been successful.
The way the uninformed ring up this 1970's ice age crap just proves how uninformed they are.
Get "real" Dave, global cooling, or an ice age, take place after massive volcanic eruptions leaving debris in the atmosphere for decades blocking sunlight.
Patricangelily

Palm Coast, FL

#1137526 May 16, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Secretary of State Clinton keeps you worried? Mission Accomplished :-)
So where were the WMD that President Bush talked about?
-Angela
Check up your derriere.

Carlisle, PA

#1137527 May 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you out here. DC has a list of what they consider a "Tea Party" Group
Lerner email to DC
"The screening group manager asked his employees how they were applying the BOLO's short -hand reference to "tea party." His employees responded that they were including organizations meeting any of the following criteria as falling within the BOLO's reference to "tea party" organizations:
"1.'Tea Party','Patriots' or '9/12 Project' is referenced in the case file.
2. Issues include government spending, government debt and taxes.
3. Educate the public through advocacy/legislative activities to make America a better place to live.
4. Statements in the case file that are critical of the how the country is being run."
http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploa...
Before you go into your typical whine fest, the emails exists whether you like the organization who obtained them or not.
2) You do not know the code. The tax exempt status 501(c) does NOT state you cannot have political messages.
From the IRS:
"A. Political Educational Organizations
IRC 501(c)(4) requires that organizations operate primarily in promoting in some way the common good and general welfare of the people of the community. To meet this requirement, many IRC 501(c)(4) organizations engage in educating the community.
Guidance regarding educational activities under IRC 501(c)(4) is derived from revenue rulings and court decisions regarding the educational activities of IRC 501(c)(3) organizations.1 Generally, political educational organizations mustconduct their activities in a non-partisan manner.
"Reg. &#61479; 1.501(c)(3)-1(d)(3) provides that the term "educational" relates to (a) the instruction or training of the individual for the purpose of improving or developing his capabilities; or (b) the instruction of the public on subjects useful to the individual and beneficial to the community. An organization may be educational even though it advocates a particular position or viewpoint if it presents a sufficiently full and fair exposition of the pertinent facts to permit an individual or the public to form an independent opinion or conclusion. An example of an educational organization is an organization whose activities consist of presenting public discussion groups, forums, panels, lectures, or other similar programs."
http://search.yahoo.com/search...
The main purpose of the TeaParty is political.

Everyone knows it.
Patricangelily

Palm Coast, FL

#1137528 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You should read your own post and mind your own business..and you should also put the apostrophe into posters...
And you should put a padlock on your privates so that you're not popping out more of your babydaddies' illegitimate welfare tickets.
Patricangelily

Palm Coast, FL

#1137529 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Keep trying to pretend you don't care, Moron; I don't pretend to be anything. You have a nice, relaxing weekend away from topix.
You forgot abut your fake teaching career.
Patricangelily

Palm Coast, FL

#1137530 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Here, I'll save you the trouble. Now, please find my mistake,
We can start with the comma with which you ended your sentence. LOL

Carlisle, PA

#1137531 May 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
In your perverse view of things I guess you could say they wasted time. But when there's absolutely no possibility of Senate consideration of their suggestions (Obamacare?), you do what you have to do.
As Obama once boasted, "Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won." Well, members of the House won their elections as well. Live with it.
Being the typical right whiner, you don't give a rat's ass how much money your party wastes for political purposes but God forbid we properly provide for our vets in the VA system
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1137533 May 16, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
ACA seem on tract
Indiana governor Mike Pence has released a plan to allow his state to accept the expansion of Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act.
This is a story about health care, but at the same time it signals a dramatic shift in the GOP, one with potentially profound implications for the 2016 presidential race.
Wow, good news! Hope Rick Scott gets on the bandwagon next.
Patricangelily

Palm Coast, FL

#1137534 May 16, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, good news! Hope Rick Scott gets on the bandwagon next.
As usual, you've already fallen off the wagon.
TheIndependentMa jority

Twinsburg, OH

#1137535 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>THEY (plural) is a substitute for SHE (singular)??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You see where Roxlo, fork, and Aphelion come from? Don't waste your time on them...I won't.
Certainly you jest?

"Singular they is the use of the pronoun they (or its inflected forms) when plurality is not required by the context.
Many literate people who use the singular they in speech hesitate to do so in writing because of this prejudice. As a result, too, there is a lingering resistance among many editors to allow it."
Web. 5/16/2014
< http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki10... ;
----------
However, the singular they is widely accepted in written British English, and it is well documented in the works of many great writers, including Auden, Austen, Byron, Chaucer, Dickens, Eliot, Shakespeare, Shaw, Thackeray, and Trollope. It was the singular pronoun of choice in English for hundreds of years before, in 1745, an otherwise-reasonable grammarian named Anne Fisher — yes, a woman — became possibly the first person to champion he as the universal pronoun of choice.

According to Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary,“The use of they, their, them, and themselves as pronouns of indefinite gender and indefinite number is well established in speech and writing, even in literary and formal contexts.” Meanwhile, R.W. Burchfield, editor of The New Fowler’s Modern English Usage, and Bryan A. Garner, in Garner’s Modern American Usage, predict the inevitable dominance of the singular they.
< dailywritings.com . web 5/16/2014>

----------
I haven't ever found any great writing on that wonderful and often unappreciated art form, the insult.
Dick Cavett
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1137536 May 16, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Secretary of State Clinton keeps you worried? Mission Accomplished :-)
So where were the WMD that President Bush talked about?
-Angela
Where's the naked photos of Hillary?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min SweLL GirL 10,333
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min ENTER 237,214
IT'S Really really true, nancy pelosi............ 2 hr HasALargePenis 10
The Mexicans stay home 2 hr More-Truth NoLies 24
Review: Skydiving In Chicago 5 hr Bjohns 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Ashley 63,269
News Off-duty Cook County correctional officer shot ... 8 hr former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages