Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534576 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1137401 May 16, 2014
what did Al Gore say....

"Last year, SaskEnergy secured 20 million gigajoules of natural gas supply, as well as 18 million gigajoules in storage. Increased demand from Saskatchewan homes and businesses due to the abnormally cold weather required an additional eight million gigajoules of gas to be purchased, enough to heat 100,000 more homes the entire winter"

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/business/energy...

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1137402 May 16, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I have no idea what gender you are .... "THEY" would be correct. You must be teaching from the back of the short bus. hahahaha
THEY (plural) is a substitute for SHE (singular)??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You see where Roxlo, fork, and Aphelion come from? Don't waste your time on them...I won't.
The Debil

Denver, CO

#1137403 May 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry i should have aimed lower. my mistake..
That's ok; what happened, did you shoot yourself in the propeller hat?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1137404 May 16, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
$17 Trillion in debt!
47 million dying because they don't have insurance...
50 million starving and on food stamps!
yet we had money for OBamaKKKare commercials!
$445M!
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101680535
apparently forks make you stupid too.

President Barack Obama's health care law has been the focus of extraordinarily high spending on negative political TV ads—ads that have gone largely unanswered by the law's supporters.

The report estimates that $445 million has been spent on commercials mentioning the law since 2010. Spending on negative ads outpaced spending on positive ones by more than 15 to 1.

If you had any reading comprehension skills, you would understand that the $445 million was spent on NEGATIVE political TV ads against the ACA, I highly doubt that President Obama is funding those negative ads.

More likely it is funded by the Koch Brothers, Teaparty and GOP PACs like Karl Rove's American Crossroads.

BTW, now I understand why some middle class Americans support the GOP, they're just too friggin stupid to know better.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1137405 May 16, 2014
The Debil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mistake is in not bein' here with me... or vice-versa...
Exactly. My time is up here, but you can't believe how stupid they are. Oh, well,..where are you?
The Debil

Denver, CO

#1137406 May 16, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I have no idea what gender you are .... "THEY" would be correct. You must be teaching from the back of the short bus. hahahaha
She be of the "Babe" gender, cracker...
The Debil

Denver, CO

#1137407 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>THEY (plural) is a substitute for SHE (singular)??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You see where Roxlo, fork, and Aphelion come from? Don't waste your time on them...I won't.
WASTE YOUR TIME ON ME-EEE.... Dammit...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1137408 May 16, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
since "They" is a plural pronoun, then shouldn't it be

If they were teachers.....
or
If they are teachers

If you wanted to it be singular then

If you were a teacher
The Debil

Denver, CO

#1137409 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. My time is up here, but you can't believe how stupid they are. Oh, well,..where are you?
On the back porch trying to remember what the sun felt like... how about you?
Aphelion

Palm Bay, FL

#1137410 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I am, you stupid jerk, http://www.google.com/url...
Dimwit .... nowhere on the page you linked to does it show an example of your usage. Why? Because an adjective cannot make a recommendation. It appears that you cannot even understand your own references.

Again I have to wonder who or what you've been teaching. LOL
The Debil

Denver, CO

#1137411 May 16, 2014
Leo, after I run everybody else off will you still run away WITH me rather than FROM me.. I miss... us... I miss kissing you... and holding you... and then writing about it... which causes more kissing... BE A MUSE, dammit!..
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1137412 May 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected. The Tea Party is still here and that pisses off Sonic and YOU.
Should have included you in the first post.
.. and they piss off a lot of real Americans to boot!
Aphelion

Palm Bay, FL

#1137413 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>THEY (plural) is a substitute for SHE (singular)??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
They:
(used with an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine he or the definite feminine she ): Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/they

Would you like to attempt to display your abject ignorance again?
I'm sure the kiddies in kindergarten think your smart. LOL You're a teacher? hahahaha

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1137414 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
Until you have another ego crisis.

Yes, use of "they" is becoming the new standard. It already is used in England and quickly gaining acceptance here as the preferred gender neutral pronoun--with grammar nerds dragging their feet behind.

But, you should already know this.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1137415 May 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>s, i am so pissed off... and you cannot document their influence separate from the right GOP why?
Ever notice how wasting taxpayer time and taxpayer money isn't a problem for reich winger when it furthers their political agenda?
Aphelion

Palm Bay, FL

#1137416 May 16, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
since "They" is a plural pronoun, then shouldn't it be
If they were teachers.....
or
If they are teachers
If you wanted to it be singular then
If you were a teacher
They
3.(used with an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine he or the definite feminine she ): Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote.

The Debil

Denver, CO

#1137418 May 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you have another ego crisis.
Yes, use of "they" is becoming the new standard. It already is used in England and quickly gaining acceptance here as the preferred gender neutral pronoun--with grammar nerds dragging their feet behind.
But, you should already know this.
Just like YOU should know that using powdered alum AFTER menopause is overkill... nobody's gonna believe you're a virgin... especially with that black widow spider tattoo on your tongue..
The Patriot

Denver, CO

#1137419 May 16, 2014
I have a lot of laundry
The Patriot

Denver, CO

#1137420 May 16, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
They
3.(used with an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine he or the definite feminine she ): Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote.
Jesus Christ! Let it GO... and you wonder why you had to marry a deaf guy...
The Patriot

Denver, CO

#1137421 May 16, 2014
You know what I like most about the T.E.A. Party? The string you hang them in the boiling water with...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats going on in washington 17 min MAGA 7
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 20 min MAGA 5
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 44 min Earl 23
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min TRD 71,288
You created "US". 2 hr Needed Desperately 2
Mass media's war on police leads to more crime. 2 hr Citizen Bob 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr satan 240,820

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages