Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1684786 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1137424 May 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>well,..and then we should have been done. but the partisan witch hunt continues...why?
!
didn't you say you had a degree in Political Science???????
The Patriot

Denver, CO

#1137425 May 16, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>

Would you like to attempt to display your abject ignorance again?
I'm sure the kiddies in kindergarten think your smart. LOL You're a teacher? hahahaha
I'm sorry... I'm confused as to whether this is sarcasm or not?...

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1137426 May 16, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
They:
(used with an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine he or the definite feminine she ): Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/they
Would you like to attempt to display your abject ignorance again?
I'm sure the kiddies in kindergarten think your smart. LOL You're a teacher? hahahaha
Read your own source again, Ignoramus! I'm done with your stupidity but the key is with the INDEFINITE pronoun, as in there wasn't one.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1137427 May 16, 2014
The Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ! Let it GO... and you wonder why you had to marry a deaf guy...
I am personally tired of Leo claiming that "they" is wrong and stomping on people.

You are free to ignore the conversation but you do not have the right to dictate what can be discussed.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1137429 May 16, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
They
3.(used with an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine he or the definite feminine she ): Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/they
Thank-you.

I hope this puts the use of "they" silliness finally to rest.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1137430 May 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you have another ego crisis.
Yes, use of "they" is becoming the new standard. It already is used in England and quickly gaining acceptance here as the preferred gender neutral pronoun--with grammar nerds dragging their feet behind.
But, you should already know this.
Source? Nevermind, Roxlo, you're a total joke.
The Patriot

Denver, CO

#1137431 May 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like Tommy Vietor.
"Dude, that was like two years ago"
Funny man, you will be hearing a lot of questions when the committee begins. Your problem is you don't want anyone to ask questions because you may not like the answers.
Well, frankly, if the answer comes back, that 3 beaners and a gay israeli are still dead, I've heard all that before and am unsurprised at the result. In fact at this point I'd discuss flying over and shooting them had someone not already done so in response to the movie...
THE DEBIL

Denver, CO

#1137434 May 16, 2014
WHO'D YOU THINK THIS WAS? ORAL ROBERTS?...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1137435 May 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>well, with Benghazi, all the facts are out there...we investigated it so maybe it won't happen again....it probably will...and then we should have been done. but the partisan witch hunt continues...why?
perhaps they are still looking for Roxlo's unanswered questions? i know i still am..seems she still is also!!
If you were the witch, you'd want it to be over, too. If you were the father that the witch whispered, "We're gonna get the person who made that video.." to, you'd want it to continue.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1137436 May 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Why all the concern about the VA? Or Benghazi? What's the big deal? People die all the time. Did you know people were dying because of dereliction at the VA? I didn't. Would you have given a shit if you had known? Of course you wouldn't. You don't care what Obama does. He has nothing to do with anything. He's merely an ideal, he's an ethereal model of perfection. He's what your imagination wants him to be, not what he actually is.
By the way a**hole, leave your imbecilic racial comments in the meeting hall. Obama fcks over blacks as well as whites. "America" is his target.
Okay moron let's try this again. You deliberately left the word NOW out of my comment, that completely changes the meaning. This isn't about Obama, its about Vets. Read it again and answer the question Why NOW?:
Why all the concern NOW for a problem that has existed for at least 50 years? Vets as far back as WWII have been complaining about the poor health care provided by the VA. For you right wing morons to show any concern you needed the opportunity to blame Obama. You know why you didn't care until now? Its because most Vets are from the poor and middle class and your wealthy handlers didn't rile you up about it because they didn't give a shit until the could use it as a political football. The good news is that maybe now our Vets will get the care they deserve.

Spokane, WA

#1137437 May 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Waa, waa, is all you have to offer....Pathetic moron. I love your misery. You baggers have to be the biggest whiners on earth.
"poop"
Why do find pleasure in troubles American's may encounter? Did you not just offer a post complaining that another poster did the same thing? Why are you such a phoney? Will the fact you are a phoney, a liar, a bigot, a hypocrite, a racist and hater be explained in tiour bio/fantasy that is due to be released some summer?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1137438 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I MADE that mistake months ago (and I immediately corrected it as the cost of doing multi-tasking); you weren't here then, remember, Dufus?(Eman crawls back.)
Hey leo, you know I almost feel sorry for these idiots on the right whenever they challenge you. You can tell that they are just dying to find anything desperately searching and invariable they make about 3-4 mistake trying to tell you about something you allegedly did wrong. Kinda strange since baggers are generally wrong about everything. I love it when you put them in their place. You can tell that they are intimidated by a smart woman.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1137439 May 16, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

'Cargill Beef says it is trimming its workforce at its Dodge City slaughterhouse because of tight beef supplies as the nation's cattle herd begins to rebuild from drought conditions.'

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/Tight-supp...

Spokane, WA

#1137440 May 16, 2014
Homer wrote:
What's the latest on Benghazi?
"homo"
Check with hilarious did not she recently say "Who cares, get over it"? All hilarious wants is Benghazi to go away.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Aphelion

Palm Bay, FL

#1137441 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Read your own source again, Ignoramus! I'm done with your stupidity but the key is with the INDEFINITE pronoun, as in there wasn't one.
Long before the use of generic he was condemned as sexist, the pronouns they, their, and them were used in educated speech and in all but the most formal writing to refer to indefinite pronouns and to "singular nouns" of general personal reference.

Singular nouns refer to one person, place, thing or idea: man, house, dream, city.

I guess your reading comprehension is no better than your grammar.

But continue to correct on .... Teacher. LOL
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1137442 May 16, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Read your own source again, Ignoramus! I'm done with your stupidity but the key is with the INDEFINITE pronoun, as in there wasn't one.
I noticed that Mr. perfection spelled your instead of you're also. What a dumbass.he is
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1137445 May 16, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy in NY is on fire!

'America's Oldest Gun Maker Thumbs Its Nose At A Two-Faced Senator'

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2014...
THE DEBIL

Prospect, CT

#1137447 May 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey leo, you know I almost feel sorry for these idiots on the right whenever they challenge you. You can tell that they are just dying to find anything desperately searching and invariable they make about 3-4 mistake trying to tell you about something you allegedly did wrong. Kinda strange since baggers are generally wrong about everything. I love it when you put them in their place. You can tell that they are intimidated by a smart woman.
Do NOT let me catch you bein' a suck-up here, mister... I'm still pretty attached to her... I mean I don't claim to have my stamen fully connected to her pissel... crude joke there, sorry, but it's close... of course I'll be DEAD before she actually lets me fondle her hymenoptera... just the kind of woman she is...
Aphelion

Palm Bay, FL

#1137448 May 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that Mr. perfection spelled your instead of you're also. What a dumbass.he is
I'm not claiming to be a teacher.

It scares me sometimes to realize that the people who are tasked with educating our children are often the most unqualified people to do so.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1137449 May 16, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
Why do find pleasure in troubles American's may encounter? Did you not just offer a post complaining that another poster did the same thing? Why are you such a phoney? Will the fact you are a phoney, a liar, a bigot, a hypocrite, a racist and hater be explained in tiour bio/fantasy that is due to be released some summer?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Obsess on you old simple minded freak. They have a name for old lying fossils like you that obsess over other men. Every day you do the very same thing. How are things at Shady Pines? Now go change your adult diaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 min RACE 105,432
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min loose cannon 243,253
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 59 min Alain Vain 11,784
Sick of commercials with mix couples 2 hr KIDS WAKE UP 14
Trump is A 3 hr Bad deal 386
Little Dicky Durbin needs to know this. 12 hr DurbinDicksAmerica 2
maxine waters 12 hr HER pussyStinks 12

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages