Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1135506 May 13, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
Are you saying democrats are the majority party? Less than 30% of Americans claim to be democrats. On a daily basis you lie and prove to the sane you are a nobama troll, one with nary a thought of his own. A liar and a bigot and a racist.
Speaking of majorities you do realize a majority of American's do not support nobamakare, the ones who do support it or those like you, those with their hand out and expecting a benevolent government to fill that hand.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Yeah dumbass and even fewer, 25% identify as Republicans.
So your point is?

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1135507 May 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the dumbass? That would be you DUH-Pont...
Bill Clinton was claiming he had WMDs during his administration before Bush even ran for office. Liberals are blind morons who don't care what the facts are unless they support their ideology.&#65279;
Listen to Slick Willie - he is second, you moron!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =N5p-qIq32m8XX
A great example of your uncanny ability to "not get it". Unless you can provide another YouTube link to prove Bill Clinton sent troops on a deadly goose chase.
No one will ever unseat you as Topix moron.

Location hidden

#1135508 May 13, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Our voting for him twice tells me one thing: America's self-image is in very bad shape.
Finally something we agree on. I too was stunned when Americans re-elected Bush after he trashed our economy and led us into an unprovoked and unpaid for war in his first term.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1135510 May 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's policies are all about timing. Unfortunately, his party's political advantageous timing.
Obama will wait until it benefits his party to give the go ahead on the pipeline. Sadly enough, it's not really about our best interests or the country's.
Well Carol there's still that pesky lawsuit that landowners in Nebraska have filed. Seems that they object to a foreign company grabbing their land by imminent domain.
Nostrilis Waxman

UK

#1135511 May 13, 2014
GOOD MORNING TOPIX FAMILY!!!!!

As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!! I have been using a new product called "Guard your Manhood",, very effective if I don't say so myself!!! "Tinyerecti0n" loves them!!!! Anyone who spends as much time on Topix as we do (though I doubt there is) should look into them. Fabulous!

I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.

ATTENTION!!!! I have brought forth another favorite sockpuppet creation from the bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet, "Hillaryous"!!! She will be posting along with one of my favorite socks, "Eleanor Beaver" for most of the day, so please my dear friends, stick around today!!!!
And welcome them with some of that Topix love!!!

I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!

As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!!

Multiple IP addresses are a must as well!!!!

Warm hugs,''Nostrilis Waxman,,,the ( very chubby, chubby-chasing) topix troll from CT!!

PS: PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE!!!!

On my way to group now,,,I will return shortly, relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed!!!!
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1135512 May 13, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Okay DuPount...that's a new high in duhmbo libuhrulTic lows---
Blaming the GDP on the weather lol.
(SIGN for sure lol)
Yes moron the weather does have an impact on GDP. Here's a report from CNBC in February;
Unusually severe winter weather is expected to dent economic growth and perhaps cause more rough sledding for stocks.
The number and intensity of winter storms have stalled pockets of economic activity across the country, with another system moving toward the East Coast on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Ice paralyzed Atlanta late last month, bitter cold shut Chicago schools and snowstorms in the East halted travel. Add drought conditions in the West, and economists are attempting to determine how much they should deduct from first-quarter growth simply because of the weather.
"We already saw it in auto sales," said Diane Swonk, chief economist at Mesirow Financial. "It literally freezes the economic activity, and you don't get the activity to resume until we get a thaw."
The disruption to air travel alone has been massive. According to FlightAware, 39,000 flights were canceled last month, the most since 21,000 in October 2012, when Hurricane Sandy pummeled the East Coast.
www.cnbc.com/id/101389853
You're an idiot!
Michelle

Cranberry Twp, PA

#1135513 May 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no $20 trillion deficit nitwit! The total debt isn't even that high currently at $17.5 trillion. The deficit at its worse was only $1.4 trillion and has been decreasing since Obama took office and is projected to fall to $514 billion.
Once again Carol you've proved as you do on a daily basis that you either don't know what the hell you're talking about or a damned liar.
If Barack would just tax the rich more we could eliminate the deficit. Confiscate their wealth and we can pay back the debt. Or just cancel the debt.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1135514 May 13, 2014
Geithner, in memoir, suggests White House asked him to bend truth on deficit
Published May 12, 2014FoxNews.com Facebook1416 Twitter560 Gplus119

Former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner claims in his new book that the White House on more than one occasion tried to put words in his mouth or outright asked him to bend the truth.

In his memoir, "Stress Test: Reflections on Financial Crises," Geithner recalls a Sunday talk show prep session in 2011 during which top White House adviser Dan Pfeiffer wanted him to say Social Security "didn't contribute" to the federal deficit. Geithner wrote that he objected.

"It wasn't a main driver of our future deficits, but it did contribute," Geithner wrote, explaining his own reasoning. "Pfeiffer said the line was a 'dog whistle' to the left, a phrase I had never heard before. He had to explain that the phrase was code to the Democratic base, signaling that we intended to protect Social Security."

After the anecdote began to generate attention on Monday, a source close to Geithner clarified to Fox News that the former secretary "does not believe he was encouraged to go out and mislead the public on the Sunday shows."

The source said all the former secretary was trying to get across was that Pfeiffer wanted him to "send a signal" to liberals about the president's commitment to not allowing major cuts to Social Security.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney also defended Pfeiffer, reiterating the White House position that Social Security is not the "main driver" of the deficit, when compared with health care-related entitlement programs. "That, I'm sure, is the point that Dan was making," Carney said.

Still, the episode and others in the 544-page book, in stores Monday, provide a glimpse into how the White House screens and provides information to the public -- particularly following revelations about White House involvement in a "prep call" for then-U.N. ambassador Susan Rice's controversial appearance on Sunday shows after the 2012 Benghazi attacks.

Geithner also recalled an incident in January 2009, having been on the job as secretary for less than a week, in which he rejected what a Democratic strategist wanted him to say at an Oval Office press event.

"I was supposed to have my first one-on-one meeting with President Obama," Geithner wrote. "As I was about to walk into the Oval Office, Stephanie Cutter, a veteran Democratic operative who was handling our communications strategy, told me we would have a 'pool spray,' a photo opportunity for the White House press.

"The president and I would make brief remarks about executive compensation, responding to a report that Wall Street firms had paid their executives big bonuses while piling up record losses in 2008.'Here's what you're going to say,' Cutter said."

Geithner wrote that Cutter handed him the text, and he "skimmed the outrage I was expected to express."

He wrote: "I'm not very convincing as an angry populist, and I thought the artifice would look ridiculous."

According to his memoir, he told Cutter he wouldn't do it.

"Instead, I sat uncomfortably next to the president while he expressed outrage. Americans were furious about bailouts for overpaid bankers, and the White House political team wanted us to show we were on the right side of the backlash," he wrote. "The public outrage was appropriate ... but I didn't see how we could ever satisfy it. We had no legal authority to confiscate the bonuses that had been paid during the boom."

Fox News' Ed Henry and FoxNews.com 's Joseph Weber contributed to this report.
Michelle

Cranberry Twp, PA

#1135515 May 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol there's still that pesky lawsuit that landowners in Nebraska have filed. Seems that they object to a foreign company grabbing their land by imminent domain.
Would you have the same objection if the land was taken by eminent domain for a power transmission line, for solar or wind power? Would you object to foreign companies taking public land for power projects?
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1135516 May 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The website outlining the entire GOP plan for health care reform has been posted by myself and others on several occasions.
The two most common sense baby steps that should have been taken first to lower costs of health care were ignored by Democrats. Why did they ignore them if they would have helped lower costs?
Yes Carol, I've read it and as I commented before, it's all bun and no beef. It's nothing but an outline without any details on how they plan to implement it. They've also never put it into legislative language.
Until they dot their i's and cross their t's then it's hard to take it seriously.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1135517 May 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't remember posting "in Libya" in reference to generals on the ground. If I did, I meant generals on the ground who were affiliated with Libya who have testified.
Generals on the ground who were affiliated with Libya at the time of the attack testified they were perplexed as to why no order was given to attempt a rescue. Especially after the first wave and a seven hours lapse before the second one when two more Americans died.
And who were these generals Carol? The fact is that Obama did order all available assets to be used for the rescue when he was made aware of the situation.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135518 May 13, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you have the same objection if the land was taken by eminent domain for a power transmission line, for solar or wind power? Would you object to foreign companies taking public land for power projects?
would you mind that?
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1135519 May 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
This indictment of Obama, his administration and the crux of the Democratic Party is, unfortunately, quite accurate. If this were written as a petition for impeachment, many would sign it.
Only in your delusional hate warped mind Carol. Laurie Roth is a whack job birther who got her azz handed to her in court when she and Orly Taitz disputed Barack Obama's eligibility to run for president.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1135520 May 13, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
No concessions by the Palestinians?
Realistically, the only way for a two-state solution to work when the parties are mortal enemies would be for the United States to guarantee the territorial integrity of both countries, and commit to backing that with military force, and that will never happen.
The history of the last 65 years is proof and the Palestinians are consistent losers, pawns of their Arab brothers.
The Palestinians have been more cooperative with U.S. proposals than have the Israelis. We can't even get those idiots to quit building settlements on Palestinians land. They actually think that they are the chosen people, and we should be indebted to them and a large segment of our society agree, so they know they own us in a lot of ways. While the Palestinians have no one. I say we arm them and then watch how quickly peace comes to that area.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135521 May 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And who were these generals Carol? The fact is that Obama did order all available assets to be used for the rescue when he was made aware of the situation.
facts are fun!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1135522 May 13, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
You another one of those tolerant progressive anti-Semites?
Having an open mind along with the ability for self thought is always lost on Right wing bigots like you.

Location hidden

#1135523 May 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>would you mind that?
You can almost see them run from the computer to avoid answering questions like this that expose their logic.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1135525 May 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You should first do some research on General Lovett and General Ham who both testified about their involvement and reactions to the terrorist attack on the American embassy in Libya that killed four Americans.
Your stubbornness is showing again.
Okay Carol let's go to General Lovell's actual testimony in this exchange with Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA):
CONNOLLY: I want to read to you the conclusion of the chairman of the [Armed Services] Committee, the Republican chairman Buck McKeon, who conducted formal briefings and oversaw that report. He said, quote, "I'm pretty well satisfied that given where the troops were, how quickly the thing all happened, and how quickly it dissipated we probably couldn't have done much more than we did." Do you take issue with the Chairman of the Armed Services Committee? In that conclusion?
LOVELL: His conclusion that he couldn't have done much more than they did with the capability and the way they executed it?
CONNOLLY: Given the timeframe.
LOVELL: That's a fact.
CONNOLLY: OK.
LOVELL: The way it is right now. The way he stated it.
CONNOLLY: All right, because I'm sure you can appreciate, general, there might be some who, for various and sundry reasons would like to distort your testimony and suggest that you're testifying that we could have, should have done a lot more than we did because we had capabilities we simply didn't utilize. That is not your testimony?
LOVELL: That is not my testimony.
CONNOLLY: I thank you very much.
And General Hamm's;
HAM: Leading up to the events of 11 September, watching the intelligence very carefully as all of us did and post attack having the opportunity to review the intelligence, I still don't find -- I have not found the intelligence that would indicate that an attack in Benghazi was imminent and that subsequent security should have been deployed.
So your point is?
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1135526 May 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah dumbass and even fewer, 25% identify as Republicans.
So your point is?
Thanks PDupont, unfortunately old Eed never seems to have a point other than his insistence on proving just how lame he really is.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1135527 May 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some research. You'll find this same information on many sites.
Testifying in front of a House Oversight Committee hearing Thursday on Capitol Hill, retired Air Force Brigadier General Robert Lovell said the military should have and could have done more to help Americans who were killed in Benghazi on September 11, 2012. Lovell is the former deputy director for intelligence at Africa Command. His testimony today is the first testimony from a member of the military who was at Africa Command during the time of the Benghazi attack on the U.S consulate.
Lovell was a member of the military who was at Africa Command during the time of the attack - stationed in Germany - which I pointed out in the first post.
No Carol, that's not what he said at all. Once again his actual testimony;
CONNOLLY: I want to read to you the conclusion of the chairman of the [Armed Services] Committee, the Republican chairman Buck McKeon, who conducted formal briefings and oversaw that report. He said, quote, "I'm pretty well satisfied that given where the troops were, how quickly the thing all happened, and how quickly it dissipated we probably couldn't have done much more than we did." Do you take issue with the Chairman of the Armed Services Committee? In that conclusion?
LOVELL: His conclusion that he couldn't have done much more than they did with the capability and the way they executed it?
CONNOLLY: Given the timeframe.
LOVELL: That's a fact.
CONNOLLY: OK.
LOVELL: The way it is right now. The way he stated it.
CONNOLLY: All right, because I'm sure you can appreciate, general, there might be some who, for various and sundry reasons would like to distort your testimony and suggest that you're testifying that we could have, should have done a lot more than we did because we had capabilities we simply didn't utilize. That is not your testimony?
LOVELL: That is not my testimony.
CONNOLLY: I thank you very much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,678
With apologies to "THE BEACH BOYS"! 2 hr Glen Fry 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cowobunga 50,775
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 70,156
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr IBdaMann 47,596
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Zap Brannigan 98,564
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 6 hr stupid amerikan 139

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 3:39AM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]