Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1134475 May 10, 2014
About Time! FBI Investigating Welfare Rancher Cliven Bundy For Threatening Law Officers

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/09/time-f...

nutjobs having a bad week.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134476 May 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you go out of your way to play dumb? Sure hope so. Would hate to think it comes naturally.
According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means:
~to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
~to use (another's production) without crediting the source
~to commit literary theft
~to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.
http://www.plagiarism.org/plagiarism-101/what...
See how I posted the source? Just like flack posted his source - word for word?
He did not steal or pass the ideas or words of another as his own.
He did not use another's production without crediting the source.
He did not commit literary theft.
He did not present as a new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.
Neither did I.
(Can't believe this even has to be explained and your obsession about an article flack posted with the source.)
What's odd is you like to think you're closer to God than normal humans.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1134477 May 10, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>The point that you like to miss so often is all this did not prevent the United States from working with Nigeria against Boku Haram and its terrorism networks. The Obama Administration acted vigorously against Boku Haram terrorism.
stuff FOX can't tell them....

Terrorist Designations of Boko Haram Commander Abubakar Shekau, Khalid al-Barnawi and Abubakar Adam Kambar

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/06/1935...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134478 May 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course communism is totalitarianism. Marx's concept of economics is the State would
would nationalize the means of production, and as the “trustee” of the interests of the “working class” would centrally plan all of society’s economic activities.
lol! I just love how you plagiarize your source while taking credit, son.

Typical reich wing whining behavior.

Steal what you can.

Say, btw, have you found out how much money you people are making off the dead? Pretty ghoulish of you people I'd say.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134479 May 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are denying your face has a nose and yet attempt to claim everyone is wrong but you.
The State Dept based on intelligence states Ansar al-Shari’a is responsible. You based on "feelings" are claiming to know more than them.
lol! Son, you're falling back on your 'common sense' theme again, aren't you?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1134480 May 10, 2014
Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) continued to distance himself from his party's voter ID efforts in an interview with The New York Times on Friday.

“Everybody’s gone completely crazy on this voter ID thing,” Paul told the Times.“I think it’s wrong for Republicans to go too crazy on this issue because it’s offending people.”

The interview took place in Memphis, Tenn., where Paul was attending the Republican National Committee’s spring meeting. Before the RNC event, Paul sat down for a talk about voting rights, education, and poverty with a group of black pastors.

Republican officials in a number of states have in recent years pushed for and passed voter ID measures, which they say are necessary to stop election fraud. But evidence of election fraud is scarce, and opponents of voter ID efforts say the measures will have a disproportionate effect on turnout among poor and minority voters.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rand-pa...

scarce would be overstating it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134481 May 10, 2014
Awwww.... now this is how conservatives run a state..

Go into a deficit and kill your tax base by poisoning them!!!!

"Analysts expect $445M NC shortfall

Posted May 2
Updated 6:52 a.m. Wednesday

By GARY D. ROBERTSON, Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C.— North Carolina government now faces a $445 million revenue shortfall when the fiscal year ends June 30, state budget analysts estimated Friday, raising more hurdles to Republicans' efforts to give pay raises to all teachers and state employees.

Revenues are now predicted to fall 2.1 percent short of the $20.6 billion the legislature said it needed to carry out this year's budget, according to a memo written by the General Assembly's top economist and a state budget official and obtained by The Associated Press.

The adjustment is based in part on April 15 tax filings and other trends related to last year's tax overhaul and the federal budget agreement in late 2012 that led to higher tax rates from Washington, the memo said. Before April 15, analysts had reported that overall revenues for the first nine months of the year were on track with projections.

The lower projections also will affect revenues for the 2014-15 fiscal year. The analysts downgraded collections by $191 million compared to what was predicted when the legislature assembled a two-year budget last summer."

Read more at http://www.wral.com/apnewsbreak-analysts-expe...
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1134482 May 10, 2014
The people within Our federal government Just Gave themselves the Freedom to Order A Thousand Pounds Of Cannabis, a.k.a., Marijuana-- something it would send most Americans to prison for doing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/05/obam...

-------

Cannabis, a.k.a. Marijuana Cures Cancer. US Government Has Known Since 1974.

September 01, 2010

The ominous part is that this isn’t the first time scientists have discovered that THC shrinks tumors. In 1974 researchers at the Medical College of Virginia, who had been funded by the National Institute of Health to find evidence that marijuana damages the immune system, found instead that THC slowed the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice — lung and breast cancer, and a virus-induced leukemia.

The DEA quickly shut down the Virginia study and all further cannabis/tumor research, according to Jack Herer, who reports on the events in his book,“The Emperor Wears No Clothes“. In 1976 President Gerald Ford put an end to all public cannabis research and granted exclusive research rights to major pharmaceutical companies, who set out — unsuccessfully — to develop synthetic forms of THC that would deliver all the medical benefits without the “high.”

In 1983 the Reagan/Bush Administration tried to persuade American universities and researchers to destroy all 1966-76 cannabis research work, including compendiums in libraries, reports Jack Herer, who states,“We know that large amounts of information have since disappeared.”

The New York Times, Washington Post and Los Angeles Times all ignored the story, even though its newsworthiness is indisputable: a benign substance occurring in nature destroys deadly brain tumors.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2010/09/...

Etymologists at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, after much soul-searching, concluded in 1980 that the Old Testament “kineboisin,” which was part of the holy anointing oil that God commanded Moses to apply in Exodus 30:23, and very likely was also the source of the ritual incense used by the Jews until about 300 B.C.E., actually was cannabis. The similarity between the Semitic word “kanbos” and the Scythian “cannabis” also implies the Semitic origins of the latter.

----

Cannabis Cures Owned By U.S. Government

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/02/...

----

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which Our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln (1809-65), U.S. President.
Speech, 18 Dec. 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1134483 May 10, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I just love how you plagiarize your source while taking credit, son.
Typical reich wing whining behavior.
Steal what you can.
Say, btw, have you found out how much money you people are making off the dead? Pretty ghoulish of you people I'd say.....
her tryin to use her own words just might be as dangerous as Monty Python's world's funniest joke...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134484 May 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have reading comprehension--you not so much.
The State Dept names Ansar al-Shari’a as responsible for the Benghazi attacks based on intelligence.
You claim they are mistaken. You are in the loser position.
lol! Oh! So when Obama says the ACA is good and you don't, you're in the loser's position?

Well gee son! You finally admit it!

Or you're too much of an idiot to show the conundrum you're in!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134485 May 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And which party is always telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies?
... or the bedroom for that matter!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134487 May 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the avalanche of regulations coming out of this admin ---Dems
ol! And there's your opinion taking over again son!

By golly! You fall into your own trap again!

St. Croix valley

#1134488 May 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize you have a loony tune progressive-woodtick- denying the State Dept designation. This is something no one else is questioning including the Benghazi committee.
The parts of the stories that is suspect are due to the emails:
http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploa...
i'm not denying anything. you are misunderstanding what you read...again.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134489 May 10, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
This is too funny.,
Roxlo, who claims the Obama Admin lies about everything, suddenly believes the State Dept!!
Isn't that where all the lying supposedly came from?? Isn't that what the nitwits are setting up a special committee for??
So you believe them when they say who attacked, but don't believe other parts of the story. Please explain this latest piece of insanity.
You get crazier by the hour, Roxlo.
Shouldn't you be getting back to defending Cliven Bundy from that same evil Gov't you hate so much??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Rolo's lies are by his definition,'common sense!'

Reich wingers love to make things up as they go along.It requires not brains, no thinking, and best of all no facts!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1134490 May 10, 2014
Hillaryous wrote:
<quoted text> What DIFFERENCE does it make?
I think you have sufficiently demonstrated you are way to stupid to know the difference.
Hillaryous

Palm Coast, FL

#1134491 May 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Rachel Maddow explains Benghazi flap by way of Monty Python:‘Burn the witch! Burn her!’
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/10/rachel-...
hey GOP.....people are starting to laugh.
What DIFFERENCE does it make?
Hillaryous

Palm Coast, FL

#1134492 May 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so i will say the same thing to that you would say to me if the lying Romney had gotten elected and i started complaining about your liar in the WH.
What DIFFERENCE does it make? You lost. I win. Now act like a man, and quit your whining!
Quit your whining! B. Hussein Obama won "Lie of the Year". What DIFFERENCE does it make? LOL
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1134494 May 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Possible reason why I bristle about Hillary’s “What difference does it make” comment:
Years ago my fat-assed mother was in the woods and shot by a poacher who authorities said mistook her for a moose. When I complained that the poacher must have thought she was a deer instead, I was told, "What difference does it make, dumbass?".
Not Surprized! LOL

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1134495 May 10, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>The point that you like to miss so often is all this did not prevent the United States from working with Nigeria against Boku Haram and its terrorism networks. The Obama Administration acted vigorously against Boku Haram terrorism.
You do realize that the designation of a group as foreign terrorist group has legal ramifications that exceeds what "working with" a government has.

"Legal Ramifications of Designation

It is unlawful for a person in the United States or subject to the jurisdiction of the United States to knowingly provide "material support or resources" to a designated FTO.(The term "material support or resources" is defined in 18 U.S.C.§ 2339A(b)(1) as " any property, tangible or intangible, or service, including currency or monetary instruments or financial securities, financial services, lodging, training, expert advice or assistance, safehouses, false documentation or identification, communications equipment, facilities, weapons, lethal substances, explosives, personnel (1 or more individuals who maybe or include oneself), and transportation, except medicine or religious materials.” 18 U.S.C.§ 2339A(b)(2) provides that for these purposes “the term ‘training’ means instruction or teaching designed to impart a specific skill, as opposed to general knowledge.” 18 U.S.C.§ 2339A(b)(3) further provides that for these purposes the term ‘expert advice or assistance’ means advice or assistance derived from scientific, technical or other specialized knowledge.’’
Representatives and members of a designated FTO, if they are aliens, are inadmissible to and, in certain circumstances, removable from the United States (see 8 U.S.C.§§ 1182 (a)(3)(B)(i)(IV)-(V), 1227 (a)(1)(A)).
Any U.S. financial institution that becomes aware that it has possession of or control over funds in which a designated FTO or its agent has an interest must retain possession of or control over the funds and report the funds to the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. "

http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/12308...

St. Croix valley

#1134496 May 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) continued to distance himself from his party's voter ID efforts in an interview with The New York Times on Friday.
“Everybody’s gone completely crazy on this voter ID thing,” Paul told the Times.“I think it’s wrong for Republicans to go too crazy on this issue because it’s offending people.”
The interview took place in Memphis, Tenn., where Paul was attending the Republican National Committee’s spring meeting. Before the RNC event, Paul sat down for a talk about voting rights, education, and poverty with a group of black pastors.
Republican officials in a number of states have in recent years pushed for and passed voter ID measures, which they say are necessary to stop election fraud. But evidence of election fraud is scarce, and opponents of voter ID efforts say the measures will have a disproportionate effect on turnout among poor and minority voters.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rand-pa...
scarce would be overstating it.
but wait...roxlo had page after page of exmples where voter fraud would have been prevented by ID...until i explained to her what she was reading, then it turns out she had none at all...not even one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 26 min cheluzal 98,870
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 58 min JOEL 71,186
Chicago Pizza Blows 1 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 2 hr IUEC 7,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 49,304
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr festivus infidel 68,906
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,017
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports