Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396356 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1135195 May 12, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows, I'm sure there's some sort of process going on. If he wanted to apologize, it should have been immediately.
Seems an arrogant old fool; hanging out with a girl 50 years younger, what did he think would be the outcome?
Who cares?

The American people care about jobs & the economy.

Something you on the left don't like to talk about.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135196 May 12, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars like you have no morals to sell.
Speaking from experience I see.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1135198 May 12, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a three-year old story that is hopelessly out of date.
Like Benghazi??

Nobraina wearing a new dress, running around as Michelle..

He always had a penchant for cross dressing. Remember "Queen LAtifah"??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He's too stupid to keep oposting as the phony Galt when he changes socks.

He could learn a thing or two about being a Troll from Waxman.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135199 May 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rickles and Mel Brooks said much worse and people laughed. Of course they weren't in a business that has come to rely on the black athlete for it's success.
BTW it wasn't his first mistake__the league has never liked Sterling and just put up with him because it needed a few sucky teams.
Yes, I think it's too late, he should have come out right away and thrown himself on the mat.
That sleazy girlfriend has an agenda and he seems like an old fool.
It's better for the team all the way around if it's sold. Doc Rivers is a class act and a super coach.
Meanwhile our Heat is playing game 4 against Brooklyn tonight, they lost on Sat. Lets see what happens.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135200 May 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Liars like you have no morals to sell.
still can't find one lie of mine? why is that?

St. Croix valley

#1135202 May 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? The liar of the year? His incompetent lying staff? Or the propagandists who lie and black out the truth to protect both?
Really. Where did you hear that?
it's what the private insurance companies that sold the policies said....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135203 May 12, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I saw Peppy unloading some pallets into his garage a couple weeks ago with a forklift,
I thought those were frozen Pierogis! He had plans to convert his grandmas recipe into empanadas in Costa Rica
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135204 May 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Who cares?
The American people care about jobs & the economy.
Something you on the left don't like to talk about.
"WHAT" not Benghazi...Are you crazy? Of course you are what was I thinking.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1135205 May 12, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
People are tired of being Screwed over and stabbed in thier working class faces by the poliTical tacTics and Failures of this welfare dependent, life depleting, soul sucking grubbermint.
Is that clear enough?
The blurb that started this thread says it all about Obama: "Young and charismatic but with little experience at the national level..."

However, a lot of experience being among the country's most corrupt radical liberal politicians from Chicago.

And he brought a lot of them with him to D.C. to fundamentally transform this nation into their corrupt radical liberal vision.

So here we are.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135207 May 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Did you notice the source was the gateway pundit? Thee gateway pundit/Jim Hoft?
He just makes sht up Flack__to give bozos such as yourself something else to worry or btch about.
Are you saying it's not true?

Major Solar Energy Project Planned in Guanacaste

Posted by Jaime Lopez on January 23, 2014 in Costa Rica News, Guanacaste News, Technology News

This project is being spearheaded by two United States investors and a Costa Rican attorney/developer. Frank Biden is the brother of Vice President Joseph Biden, Craig Williamson is a known real estate developer, and Roberto Batalla is a prominent attorney and businessman.

Sun Fund Americas is the holding company behind this Guanacaste Solar Park, which will work in conjunction with the two main electricity providers in Costa Rica: National Power and Light Company and the Electricity Institute of Costa Rica (Spanish initials: CNFL and ICE, respectively). The conceptual design was presented in 2009 by CNFL, but the work was not announced until late 2013 because investors had been mostly shy.

http://news.co.cr/major-solar-energy-project-...

Sounds legit to me..

St. Croix valley

#1135209 May 12, 2014
any birders out there?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135210 May 12, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Benghazi??
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Kinda funny Galt and Gunner are both girls now, What's up with that. Politics makes strange bed fellows I guess.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135211 May 12, 2014
Homer wrote:
What's the latest from 'Benghazi' Carol? Or has she moved on to blaming Obama for the Republican's failures to fully fund the VA?
She's speaking directly with the generals on the ground
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1135212 May 12, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
That is factually incorrect. There are income limits for many veterans that block their access to VA medical care. Check your facts.
So the VA is not for all veterans?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1135213 May 12, 2014
Conservatives Complain Sam Is Treated Better For Being Gay Than Tebow Was For Being A Christian

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michael...

sorry, but the people have spoken.

Michael Sam Jerseys Outselling NFL's No. 1 Draft Pick

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michael...

it seems Christianity has become the new Gay.

St. Croix valley

#1135214 May 12, 2014
Judge Judy n Executioner wrote:
<quoted text>
Little bit of a stretch here, Ticker, but since it's not just plain condemnation on your part I'm gonna let it slide... Let's play a little game though, shall we? In one hand I'm holding an olive branch soaked in good French Brandy and carried proudly in the hairy butt crack of a pleasantly chunky Italian girl I met at Yoga class. In the other I have a broken broom handle with the paint chipping off it... So.. um.. which hand do you want?
sweetie, you shouldn't talk about your little, flaccid, useless penis in those terms..and you should certainly get your hands off it...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1135215 May 12, 2014
flack wrote:
Wal-Mart Now Draws More Solar Power Than 38 U.S. States
By Tom Randall Oct 25, 2013 5:25 AM ET
In the race for commercial solar power, Wal-Mart is killing it. The company now has almost twice as much capacity as second-place Costco. A better comparison: Wal-Mart is converting more sun into energy than 38 U.S. states.
In the beer department, Wal-Mart recently decided alcohol was good business and vowed to double sales by 2016. The result: 500 reps from the alcohol industry converged on the Sam’s Club auditorium in Bentonville, Arkansas, for an “adult beverages summit” focused on Wal-Mart.“It’s even selling it in garden centers,” Bloomberg News’s Renee Dudley wrote in August.
With solar, will Wal-Mart have the same industry-focusing presence its had with booze? If small business is the heart of the U.S. economy, Wal-Mart is the gluteus maximus -- the power muscle. The company redefines global supply chains and crunches cost reductions in just about every area it touches. More than 80 publicly traded companies rely on Wal-Mart for 10 percent or more of their annual revenue, according to Bloomberg data.
“When we find something that works -- like solar -- we go big with it,” the company’s website proclaims.
When companies tout their solar street cred, it's generally not because they're actually plugging panels in themselves. Most of Wal-Mart's projects are done through what are called power-purchase agreements, where third-party developers install, own and operate the systems on Wal-Mart rooftops. Wal-Mart simply locks in cheap long-term rates to buy back the electricity and take the green credit.
After a 40 percent surge in installations through the second quarter, Wal-Mart now draws on 89 megawatts of capacity, according to a report last week by the Solar Energy Industries Association. That’s roughly enough to power 22,250 U.S. homes.
Even Wal-Mart has a lot more room to grow. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, green power accounts for just 4 percent of the company’s electricity use. IKEA, the world’s biggest home-furnishings retailer, is taking solar a step further. The Swedish company plans to begin selling solar-panel systems in its U.K. stores next year, with a standard 3.36-kilowatt system costing $9,200.
For companies that took a look at solar a few years ago and passed, it may be time to look again. Prices of panels have fallen 60 percent just since 2011, and the average price of an installed solar project has dropped 30 percent, according to industry data.
It’s still early days for solar. Wal-Mart produces more solar energy today than the entire country did in 1987, when Starship released the hit single,“Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now.” I’m not sure what exactly that says about Wal-Mart or the U.S. or 1980s pop music -- apart from showing that the landscape today is positively futuristic by comparison.
Buying solar and selling beer are two very different businesses. But when giants like Wal-Mart and Costco throw their weight into either, you can bet on a cheap buzz. I’ll drink to that.
That's funny coming from you, Flake.

For years you've been screaming how there is no future for green energy.

You and your nitwit buddy Nobraina been the coal boys here, whining about loss of jobs in coal mines..........

Turns out American Corporations are a lot smarter than the bullshit they feed you.

It was Gov't funding that made the research and development of American Solar Power viable,.

Thank you, Mr. Obama.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1135216 May 12, 2014
Is the Tea Party Over?

Mitch McConnell says, "We are going to crush them everywhere," and the party establishment is betting he's right.

In evaluating why Tea Party candidates are struggling, this is as good a place as any to start. Many Republicans, even those who are very conservative, do not trust Tea Partiers to close the sale in tough races. Consequently, they would rather go back to supporting imperfect Republicans to ceding Senate seats to Democrats.....

It’s also clear that the establishment is fighting back, trying to deny conservative groups primary victories so as to dry up their future fundraising and going so far as to support primary challenges to certain conservative incumbents.

They don’t have much to show for the latter project yet, as evidenced by Walter Jones winning his primary. But some key Tea Party groups—already in many cases under fire for not spending enough money on the races off which they fundraise—don’t have a good batting average this year.

Like past iterations of the conservative movement, the Tea Party has helped pull the Republican establishment to the right. After Ronald Reagan, Republican presidential candidates stopped sounding like Gerald Ford or Richard Nixon. Mitt Romney and George W. Bush use more conservative rhetoric than George Romney or George H.W. Bush.

Jon Huntsman, widely considered a “liberal” Republican in the 2012 presidential primary, had a record and platform to the right of 2008 nominee John McCain’s.

It takes more than red meat to chop the federal government back down to its constitutional size, however. And in a political climate where Republican bosses are starting to hit back and rank-and-file primary voters are recovering their desire to win at all costs, bad Tea Party candidates have the potential to drag the good ones down with them.

Conservatives are used to this dilemma. Indiscriminately voting for every politician with an “R” next to his or her name doesn’t produce conservative government even if the Republican wins in November. And neither does sending up conservative-sounding candidates who lose.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1135217 May 12, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Benghazi??
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Looks like Nobama's TOR went AWOL. LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135218 May 12, 2014
Homer wrote:
Has Obama taken any guns away yet?
Remember the run on gun stores leading up to the 2008 election?
Man that was funny, Homer never saw so many paranoid stupid people.
Speaking of guns; here's an update on my whack job neighbor: His dog bit the neighbors dog while she was walking him on a leash, his dog charged over and bit him on the butt! I heard the commotion from my yard and yelled out "call the police", well I don't know why she didn't, however I ran into her a few days later and inquired about her dog, he had to go to the vet, cost her $400 to treat the wound plus medication. He is her "landlord"! She said he didn't pay the vet bill; I don't know why she didn't call police; however, she said she has a gun and has told him if she sees that dog off the leash again she's going to shoot it!
Well, that and plus now he is stalking her and she did call the cops three times last week, they have told him that he's going to jail next time they have to come here.
He's pretty quiet now, hardly see him and when I did, the dog was tied to a tree in his yard!!
I read in the local paper that a man shot a pitbull who charged at him in his dog and he shot him; he won't be charged. The dog isn't dead; but you can be sure that owner won't let him loose again. It's not the dogs, it's the stupid owners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 217,062
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 60,174
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 8,927
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr fair assessment 102,560
last post wins! (Dec '10) 7 hr Retired SOF 2,157
last post wins! (Apr '13) 7 hr Retired SOF 1,126
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr Ize Fund 70,734

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages