Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1618123 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135634 May 13, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a quarter, now go dial 1 800 whogivesafuck
Those poor clueless hateful idiots will never get it.
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135635 May 13, 2014
A lotta guys don't know about the Peridote but I spotted one's pouch not so many years ago and when I pried it open I found a big blue diamond and what appeared to be the shed skin of a kangaroo?... That was a seminal moment, I can tell you...
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135636 May 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an Astronaut....
My brother is a Doctor
My mother is a Pharmacist.
My sister is a Dentist...
My first cousin is a College Professor
My dog is on Disney 'dog with a blog'
I won the PowerBall lottery, twice...
I can run the 40 meter dash in 4.27 seconds....
I can bench press 500 lbs...
Don't try and convince us, sweetie, it's YOU who doesn't sound like you believe it....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1135637 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
only 12% of Americans surveyed consider the Obamacare law a success.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/05/...
The poll also indicates that 51 percent of Americans believe the current problems facing Obamacare will be solved.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/05/12/pol...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1135638 May 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pursuit of weath and power is what defines the Republican party. Hardly "Christianlike".
Jesus and the prophets spoke against economic exploitation of workers and of the poor. The Apostle Paul said greed is equal to idolatry, and the love of money is the root of all sorts of evils. From what I can gather on this thread, man Republicans have hearts that are full of hatred, slander, and evil wishes. Shame.
That's just another of the many lies you've been told to believe by the propagandists.

Out of approximately 330 million people, the wealthiest 1% is a very small number in comparison. That number includes Hollywood and liberals.

Out of the top 10 wealthiest in Congress, more are Democrats than Republicans.

Democrats receive more contributions from the wealthy than Republicans.

There's always going to be a certain amount of greed in a capitalistic society. But there's much more giving back too through charities and job creation.

And greed is not a partisan issue.

So don't confuse a free market with equal opportunities in a thriving economy which lifts all boats to greed. Big government, higher taxes and redistribution is another kind of greed - power and control by the powerful kind of greed.

Which is better? Lifting up the majority on the bottom with equal opportunities? Or bringing down the few at the top by leveling the playing field? The former is economic capitalism. The latter is economic communism.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135639 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
woodtick sure ran from answering the question
cuz i've made it clear i want the pipeline to make a left at the border and come here to MN...
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135640 May 13, 2014
Alec: "... and, contestants, don't forget to state your question in the form of an answer or some bullshit like that... Thomas, you're fat and black, why don't you go first? Oh my goodness, is that a picture of your family on your lectern?... Jesus Christ, that is the BIGGEST white woman I've ever SEEN! Are those your kids, or do you collect different color Volkswagen's?...
Thomas: "I think that's about enough, Alec..."
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135641 May 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The poll also indicates that 51 percent of Americans believe the current problems facing Obamacare will be solved.
Hi there, you alluring creature who answers my sincere, yet titillating posts with vague, non-committal responses when I've CLEARLY left you an opening through which to SOAR my little Bird of Paradise...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1135642 May 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then it must be lowering cost, I suspect we are starting to really see why the Republicans fought so hard to repeal, they knew it was going to be a good thing for America....And heaven knows Republicans can't handle that.
lol!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135643 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that a fact? Quote anybody from who said they received such an order with the SOURCE.
Panetta testified as such...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/...

why is it you don't know the most basic facts on this issue well over a year afterward adn are still here flapping your gums and looking like the ignorant ass you are?
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1135644 May 13, 2014
Obamacare Contractor Pays Employees to Spend Their Days Doing Nothing

"A billion dollar government contract involving hundreds of local workers at an Obamacare processing center ... But now employees on the inside are stepping forward, asking, Is this why we're broke? Some of them claim to spend most of their day doing nothing," reports a local St. Louis reporter.

The contractor is called Serco and local reporter discovered that, despite there not being any work to be done, the government contractor is still hiring.

"It's no secret, the rollout for the website was a mess. But now that the website is running, this employee says the paper applications are trickling in less and less. Our employee doesn't appear to be the only one complaining. On April 16, a person claiming to be a former Serco employee posted this online,'This place is a JOKE. There's nothing to do--NO WORK.'"
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1135645 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
only 12% of Americans surveyed consider the Obamacare law a success.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/05/...
lo! From your source son....

"...According to the poll, 61% want Congress to leave the Affordable Care Act alone (12%) or make some changes to the law in an attempt to make it work better (49%)...."

You just hate facts don't you son?

I can tell!!!!

I love this comedy channel!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135646 May 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an Astronaut....
My brother is a Doctor
My mother is a Pharmacist.
My sister is a Dentist...
My first cousin is a College Professor
My dog is on Disney 'dog with a blog'
I won the PowerBall lottery, twice...
I can run the 40 meter dash in 4.27 seconds....
I can bench press 500 lbs...
Try these.
You are a nutcase
You are clueless
You have Hemmoroids
Your sister is a boy
Your brother is a cross dresser
Your mama is embarrassed by you
You are married to your 1st cousin
Your dog humps you daily
You thought the powerball was an exercise machine
Your 40 yard dash was a by-product of having diarrhea
You bench press 500lbs because that's what your boyfriend weighs.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1135647 May 13, 2014
Hey morans/normal, what's shaking?
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135648 May 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm giving you a little heart judgit, 16, because they don't seem to have one in the shape of a bed?...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1135649 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either USA or woodtick.
This didn't work the first, second, third or fourth time you tried it.
Look up the posts they all are sourced
Dry Lake Zone Mitigation Plan was about Gold Butter(Bundy Ranch) post1123226, post1123231
(claim by you they were unrelated)
Showed the Chinese Solar Project was also related to Gold Butte post1123738, post1123710
Showed that the state ceded the land to the FEDs and need to return it post1123229
How about the post where you said all land within it's borders was owned by NV. LOL

Turns out, the FEDS own most of the land in the state.......... per the State Constitution.

You lied about everything for a solid two weeks. From Bundy himself, who you described as some sort of super patriot..........right up until he proved himself to be a hate America ugly racist who claims the Federal Government has no authority over him. While he parades around with American Flags.

The proof of your lies is that you haven't mentioned Bundy in weeks, except to defend your support of him.

For you to pretend otherwise only proves what a piece of lying flatulence you are.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1135650 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us the testimony from a general stating they received such an order and your source.
Bluffing doesn't count.
lol! Reich wingers...

"gimme, gimme, gimme!!!!"

I love this comedy channel!
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1135651 May 13, 2014
Progressive Talk Radio Fail

Alec Baldwin

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1135652 May 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Panetta testified as such...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/...
why is it you don't know the most basic facts on this issue well over a year afterward adn are still here flapping your gums and looking like the ignorant ass you are?
She has perfected the art of acting stupid. Except it's not an act.

She offers unsupported opinion and pretends they're facts, while challenging anything anyone else says.

She's a true whack job.
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135653 May 13, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
"It's no secret, the rollout for the website was a mess. But now that the website is running, this employee says the paper applications are trickling in less and less. Our employee doesn't appear to be the only one complaining. On April 16, a person claiming to be a former Serco employee posted this online,'This place is a JOKE. There's nothing to do--NO WORK.'"
Look, honey, bear in mind WW2 started with Pearl Harbor, there's only up from here... kinda like when your mom married your step-dad in Detroit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jon Trott of JPUSA protects child molestors 1 hr John Trott 9
Film on Sex Crimes at Jesus People USA 1 hr John Trott 11
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 1 hr John Trott 44
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 11,424
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 105,302
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr WelbyMD 242,767
News Jeff Sessions claims sanctuary city policies 'e... 4 hr Godvox 31

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages