Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1133923 May 9, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the genius who thinks women getting the right to vote is a new law.
this from the genius who doesn't know it was a new law when enacted...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1133924 May 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
'allude'
or maybe it was just a Freudian slip.
Just one of those words...don't write it very often. And have a lot on my mind today.

Have to go now though. Later.
Simon Templar

Chicago, IL

#1133925 May 9, 2014
So, um, electron, old chap, does any of that sound like a man who wishes to return to the good old days of reading, writing, and rithmetic? Seems as if your somewhat cavalier use of the Irishman's words was taken out of context from a play, whereas, his REAL feelings belie a deeply subversive playful nature making the worst sort of fun of you lot and your back to basics mentality.... Don't feel bad. Electric, old fellow, most intellectuals are progressive in their thinking.. and for obvious reasons.

Now, about your bill for the fiasco of the two lost wars... Your portion comes to some $50,000. Now pay up, scum...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1133926 May 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obviously much too gullible for your own good and don't have a clue because of it.
You probably shouldn't be talking down to anyone else on here. You're talking to the floor.
yes dear...it is me that is gullible...i prove just about everything you say to be wrong and i'm the gullible one?

how will you be able to survive on your own? you're not smart enough...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1133927 May 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read the article or you would have known WaPo discredited the cloture counts.
Four Pinocchios for Obama’s claim that Republicans have ‘filibustered about 500 pieces of legislation’
four-pinocchios-for-obamas-cla im-that-republicans-have-filib ustered-about-500-pieces-of-le gislation
You can't "discredit" the cloture votes.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1133928 May 9, 2014
wealth does not come from food stamps...

'Finally, marriage has economic impacts in that married people work harder, earn and save more, and accumulate greater wealth.'

Bogenschneider, K.(2008).'Family Policy Matters: How Policymaking Affects Families and What Professionals Can Do.' Lawrence Elrbaum Associates : New Jersey. Page 83.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1133929 May 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
A terrorist - or terrorist group - by any other name....
They're all terrorists. But please excuse the brain fart on my part.
NOW can we talk about Obama and Hillary covering up a terrorist act for personal and political gain?
no we can't as it never happened. it was not covered up.

dear, all you have is brain farts as you don't understand what you read or parrot.

yesterday you stated Hillary took Boko Haram off the terrorist list. they were never on it..

you are just stupid dear...too stupid to discuss these issues.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1133930 May 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem I have is it slows down the opening of Google.
oh, i hadn't noticed...

topix sure runs way faster...
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1133931 May 9, 2014
¨Democrats and their media friends have been hyperventilating over an NRCC fundraising letter that mentioned the Benghazi investigation, calling it 'disgusting' and claiming it undermines the legitimacy of the investigation.

In a dynamite speech on the House floor Congressman Tom Cotton takes after the hypocrisy of the Democrats, dropping the boom on them, reminding them of their behavior respecting Iraq.

*When I was leading troops in Iraq in 2006, men and women who were being shot at and blown up by al Qaeda, where was the outrage as they fundraised endlessly off the Iraq war?

*Where was the outrage as they viciously attacked our commanders?

*Where was the outrage when they said soldiers were war criminals?

*Where was the outrage when they said the war was lost?

*Where was the outrage when they said only high school dropouts join the Army?

Forgive me if I don’t join my democratic colleagues in their fake outrage. Four Americans lost their lives that night in Benghazi. They deserve justice and the American people deserve the truth.

One other lesson I learned in the Army is that we leave no man behind. And we will not leave these four men behind.¨

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1133932 May 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Question of the day:
Anyone doubt that Harry Reid smells of urine and sadness?
Is that more of your intelligent convo?? Or another straw man??

You are a disgusting little POS.

I don't doubt the urine you're smelling is your own.

The sadness is that of your own family.

You slimy little liar.
Simon Templar

Chicago, IL

#1133934 May 9, 2014
“Those who talk most about the blessings of marriage and the constancy of its vows are the very people who declare that if the chain were broken and the prisoners left free to choose, the whole social fabric would fly asunder. You cannot have the argument both ways. If the prisoner is happy, why lock him in? If he is not, why pretend that he is?”

George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Minnesota's North Coast

#1133935 May 9, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
wealth does not come from food stamps...
'Finally, marriage has economic impacts in that married people work harder, earn and save more, and accumulate greater wealth.'
Bogenschneider, K.(2008).'Family Policy Matters: How Policymaking Affects Families and What Professionals Can Do.' Lawrence Elrbaum Associates : New Jersey. Page 83.
so gay marriage is a boon to the US.

glad you are finally joining the 21st century!

Location hidden

#1133936 May 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Latest survey has only 8% of the journalist as Reps.
Let's see the survey.

Funny how you like to say stuff, regardless of factual basis.

We know you just make shit up.

Like you did for weeks about Cliven Bundy.

Why aren't you still defending the racist??

Funny how you make an ass out of yourself with Bundy and Robertson, then when their true nature is revealed, you run off like the idiot you are.
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1133937 May 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes dear...it is me that is gullible...i prove just about everything you say to be wrong and i'm the gullible one?
46,000+ posts calling people stupid and typing your opinions on world and political events 'proves' nothing apart from the fact you can use a computer.

Sorry lawn mower ma'am, but you're neither better nor worse than anyone else posting on Topix despite your high opinion of yourself.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1133938 May 9, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
¨Democrats and their media friends have been hyperventilating over an NRCC fundraising letter that mentioned the Benghazi investigation, calling it 'disgusting' and claiming it undermines the legitimacy of the investigation.
In a dynamite speech on the House floor Congressman Tom Cotton takes after the hypocrisy of the Democrats, dropping the boom on them, reminding them of their behavior respecting Iraq.
*When I was leading troops in Iraq in 2006, men and women who were being shot at and blown up by al Qaeda, where was the outrage as they fundraised endlessly off the Iraq war?
*Where was the outrage as they viciously attacked our commanders?
*Where was the outrage when they said soldiers were war criminals?
*Where was the outrage when they said the war was lost?
*Where was the outrage when they said only high school dropouts join the Army?
Forgive me if I don’t join my democratic colleagues in their fake outrage. Four Americans lost their lives that night in Benghazi. They deserve justice and the American people deserve the truth.
One other lesson I learned in the Army is that we leave no man behind. And we will not leave these four men behind.¨
no one was left behind in Benghazi...

man the stupid is overflowing today...do you fools get even more stupid when cornered by your own idiocy?

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1133939 May 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't "discredit" the cloture votes.
You don't get to make the rules.

"Since 2007, there have been 527 cloture motions that have been filed, according to Senate statistics. This is apparently where Obama got his figure. But this tells only part of the story as many of those cloture motions were simply dropped, never actually voted on, or “vitiated” in the senatorial nomenclature.

Indeed, when you go through the numbers, there have just been 133 successful filibusters—meaning a final vote could not take place–since 2007.

But, even if you accept the way Senate Democrats like the frame the issue, the president is still wrong. He referred to “legislation”—and most of these cloture motions concerned judicial and executive branch nominations. In the 113th Congress, for instance, 83 of the 136 cloture motions so far have concerned nominations, not legislation.

Even then, while Obama referred to “500 pieces of legislation,” the same bill can be subject to as many as three cloture motions, further inflating the numbers. For instance, there may be cloture to get on the bill, cloture on the substitute bill (if lawmakers are simply using an unrelated bill as a vehicle for passage), and cloture on the underlying bill. All of these votes might take place on the same day, but it creates the illusion of the same bill being “filibustered” three times. It certainly does not mean there were three pieces of legislation. So far in the 113th Congress, 36 pieces of legislation were subject to a cloture motion—and 12 were actually filibustered. That’s a far cry from the 136 that Obama is counting in order to tally up 500."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Simon Templar

Chicago, IL

#1133940 May 9, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
¨Democ have been hyperventilating over an NRCC fundraising letter that mentioned the Benghazi investigation, calling it 'disgusting' and claiming it undermines the legitimacy of the inveg them of their behavior respecting Iraq.
*Where was the outrage as they viciously attacked people deserve the truth.
Ok, don't worry about it. I'll go ahead and leave them behind because, for all your pathetic hand-wringing, 4 people do not even constitute a classified ad let alone a front page story. Who cares who they were? They were hired hands of the israelis, nobody's going to miss them... they got what they deserved...

Location hidden

#1133941 May 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
A terrorist - or terrorist group - by any other name....
They're all terrorists. But please excuse the brain fart on my part.
NOW can we talk about Obama and Hillary covering up a terrorist act for personal and political gain?
You have 'brain farts' 24/7.

Your entire posting history is comprised of brain farts and saying things you have to walk away from when the lies are proven.

I figure your hubbee has about 6 months left. Enjoy the time with him.

Stay off Topix.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1133942 May 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no we can't as it never happened. it was not covered up.
dear, all you have is brain farts as you don't understand what you read or parrot.
yesterday you stated Hillary took Boko Haram off the terrorist list. they were never on it..
you are just stupid dear...too stupid to discuss these issues.
The issue is Hillary --despite DOJ, CIA and FBI encouraging her to include Boko Haram on the terrorist list--she refused.

Location hidden

#1133943 May 9, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
46,000+ posts calling people stupid and typing your opinions on world and political events 'proves' nothing apart from the fact you can use a computer.
Sorry lawn mower ma'am, but you're neither better nor worse than anyone else posting on Topix despite your high opinion of yourself.
140,000 posts from th eWaxman sock family.

You're a Waxman sock.

Anyone is a lot better than you, and you know it.

That's why you change socks about 40 times a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Brian_G 50,517
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Rogue Scholar 05 183,967
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 49 min boundary painter 775
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 1 hr boundary painter 401
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 981
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Doug77 5,408
4 whites sued by 3 blacks over beating in Manteno (Oct '07) 1 hr remember 21

Blizzard Warning for Cook County was issued at February 01 at 1:50PM CST

Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance