Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534749 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1135063 May 11, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely not overlooked.
The Benghazi news seems an indication the the GOP has given up the idea of repealing the ACA.
Well, unlike the ACA, they're making money off the four dead.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1135064 May 11, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
My mama's white as snow and she doesn't resemble a baboon, like Moochelle and Dopey Dave.......... and you
poor hamny. I guess his mama got a CRA loan too!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1135065 May 11, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess the Barbary Wars never happened?
You think he's going that far back into history?

Or he just doesn't know history?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1135066 May 11, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors should be responsible for all actual damages incurred as a result of their proven malpractice.
#BringBackOurGirls
Well, their health care plan entails limiting that damage.

And somehow, by magic, everyone get great 'health care.'
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1135067 May 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
O-O-O-O-O-O-O-klahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain.
(Couldn't help myself, sorry.)
So... you're reminiscing the dust bowl days as the good ol' days?

That's pretty sad...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1135068 May 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
After all your whining and complaining, you are basically saying that the ACA is full of "conservative" solutions.
The ACA "Prevents insurers from cancelling policies denying coverage to those with pre-existing conditions".
The ACA "gives small businesses the ability to pool together to offer health care at lower prices".
The ACA provides incentive payments to providers (not the states) by tying payment to quality standards and coordinated care.
The ACA allows for "Health Savings Accounts to create incentives to save for future and long-term care" with a provision that those under 65 will pay a 20% penalty for early withdrawal of funds.
"Costly junk lawsuits": Making it harder to sue for malpractice benefits whom? Certainly not the consumer.
"Universal access programs" guaranteeing access to affordable care for those with pre-existing conditions has already been proven not to work. No matter how you slice it, charging the sick more for insurance coverage than others makes it unaffordable.
"Selling insurance across state lines": States have different laws regulating benefits, consumer protections and financial and solvency requirements. Health insurers do not want to be subject to the insurance and consumer protection laws of the states where their policyholders live. They want them to be subject to the standards of the states where the insurers are located...a state with no standards at all.
As an example, "until 1978, credit card issuers were subject to the interest rate caps in their customers' home states. In California, for instance, cards couldn't charge more than 10% interest, the state limit. But that year the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that credit card issuers could "export" their home state's interest cap." Promptly, the states with high or nonexistent interest rate caps, such as Delaware and South Dakota, became kings of the credit card industry, attracting the consumer credit subsidiaries of Citibank, Wells Fargo and other big banks. One issuer in South Dakota, which counts its credit card industry jobs by the thousands, even put out a card carrying an annual rate of 79.9%. Eventually, Congress stepped in to impose some relatively modest consumer protection rules on the industry--in 2009. So it only took 31 years.
The same thing would happen if health insurers were permitted to export their home states' health insurance standards and regulations. In the same sense that interest rate limits on credit cards no longer exist, coverage standards and rate regulation in the health insurance industry would no longer exist. You'd be able to buy coverage if, and only if, you were a good risk, and it would be the insurer who would decide.(The insurer would set its own price, too.) If that's the insurance market you think we should have, the GOP plan is for you."
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi...
All upside and now downside...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1135069 May 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Harvard University is going to allow a Satanic group from New York to hold a "Black Mass".
The Harvard Extension Cultural Studies Club has invited the Satanic Temple from New York to hold the Black Mass in the basement of Memorial Hall on Monday, CBS News reported.
It's portrayed as "educational".
Do you hate equality all of a sudden?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1135070 May 11, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't, that's a big part of what the problem was--our guys were substantially out numbered due to-
FOREIGN POLICY FAILURE.
(you can resume twiddling your thumbs mindlessly now )
Wait.... huh?

WTF are you talking about son?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135071 May 11, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... you're reminiscing the dust bowl days as the good ol' days?
That's pretty sad...
are you thinking of "The Grapes of Wrath"?

"Oklahoma" the musical, was set in the first decade of the 1900's not the dust bowl era....

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1135072 May 11, 2014
Well, since there's no one on here this late, thought I'd spill my guts. Looked up prognosis for melanomas in different stages. Good news is the chances for survival with husband's assumed stage are relatively high. If PET results are good, no worries. Will know in a few more days. It's the not knowing part that's difficult at times. A bit weepy tonight not knowing what the future holds. Comes and goes. At least the waiting is almost over.

But being able to post and vent about politics has made the waiting a little easier. Will just be more distracted the next few days.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest anyway (whoever's reading this).

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1135073 May 11, 2014
Didn't think anyone was on here. Night woodtick.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135074 May 11, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Wait.... huh?
WTF are you talking about son?
he has absolutely no freakin clue as to what he is talking about...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1135075 May 12, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who the hell is talking; the clueless twit who gets everything from Fox! I can't speak for anyone else but I use multiple sources.
So you know when it's BS...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1135076 May 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you thinking of "The Grapes of Wrath"?
"Oklahoma" the musical, was set in the first decade of the 1900's not the dust bowl era....
3 calories per Grape...either red or green...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1135077 May 12, 2014
They're still using people from the 60's for today's commercials...
appetite

UK

#1135078 May 12, 2014
Does anyone know how to translate this into English?
http://my.cnd.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1135080 May 12, 2014
What is it not to take anything serious anymore?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1135081 May 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans can be criticized for not doing more to address health care reform. But it's not an easy undertaking. The Democrats rejected HillaryCare at one time which was similar to ObamaCare.
What we have now is a partisan tax law that gives too much power over our health care to the federal government, the IRS, politicians and bureaucrats with all the red tape.
If ever there was a time for both sides to sit down and compromise on a mutually doable health care reform, the time was in 2009. Both sides were prepared to come to the table with solutions that were long overdue and both sides could live with. The Democrats blew it.
Delusional much Carol? Mitt Romney signed the same kind of "tax law" as governor of Massachusetts.
Contrary to your ignorant statement the law doesn't give any more power over healthcare to the government than it had before. The only thing the IRS wants to know is if you have coverage, that's all. What red tape Carol? Don't you think that private insurance had multiple forms and paperwork that had to be filled out by providers and subscribers?
And once again Carol the Republicans were not willing to come to the table on anything. Their only tactic was to obstruct and block.
-Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, quoted in National Journal, November 4, 2010 said;
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."
Those aren't words from someone willing to work with the President on anything.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1135082 May 12, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional much Carol? Mitt Romney signed the same kind of "tax law" as governor of Massachusetts.
Contrary to your ignorant statement the law doesn't give any more power over healthcare to the government than it had before. The only thing the IRS wants to know is if you have coverage, that's all. What red tape Carol? Don't you think that private insurance had multiple forms and paperwork that had to be filled out by providers and subscribers?
And once again Carol the Republicans were not willing to come to the table on anything. Their only tactic was to obstruct and block.
-Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, quoted in National Journal, November 4, 2010 said;
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."
Those aren't words from someone willing to work with the President on anything.
Stupid much, Duh-Pont?

Carol is correct. Unlike Obamacare where Democrats went nuclear and shut Republicans out, Romneycare had support from people on both sides of the isle. Obamacare is a Democrat disaster people don't like and you are a delusional brown shirt liar & idiot!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1135083 May 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he has absolutely no freakin clue as to what he is talking about...
You think Pluto is a Comet, Moonbat! Like Duh-Pont, you are just another type "A" delusional liberal fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Well Well 240,858
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr _Zoey_ 10,692
Dexcom transmitter G5 for sale 6 hr Yalie70 1
whats going on in washington 9 hr MAGA 7
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 9 hr MAGA 5
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 9 hr Earl 23
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr TRD 71,288

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages