Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1640358 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1134993 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing wrong with that at all..people should sing many times daily...and that is a great show.
anything from "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"?
Saw it a few times. Remember the choreography mostly. Can't recall a particular song - but if I heard it, I'd know it.

Lots of songs from musicals I know well but can't always recall the musical it's from. Some I never watched all the way through but have seen most of them - quite a few more than once.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1134994 May 11, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
#BringBackOurGirls will make Islam reform itself.
Military force is obsolete in the age of social media.
LOL...riiiiiight. I suppose world peace is next?

Scary thing is you actually believe what you typed.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1134995 May 11, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...riiiiiight. I suppose world peace is next?
Scary thing is you actually believe what you typed.
yes, the Kony 2012 internet sensation did so much...

# useless...but palliative to people's feelings of apathy as they tweeted something or liked it on facebook, so they feel they are doing something...
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1134996 May 11, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Probably, the outrage over this R&D bill is because too much' pork' is added to it like this one:--> ( Breitbart News calls it the 'GOP Solyndra") Republican House Speaker John 'Boner' Boehner continues to support $2 billion dollars in Government green energy guarantees to bankrupt U S nuclear power company.' Boner' also complained loudly that 'Government shouldn't be in the "business of picking winners and losers in the private renewable energy market". "WASHINGTON -- House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Thursday defended giving government funds to a nuclear enrichment company that recently announced it was filing for bankruptcy, claiming "bipartisan support" for the company's research. Boehner Supports Funds For Troubled Company, Despite Solyndra Outrage http://huff.to/1dlOlC4 via @HuffPostPol
How Did Rich Connecticut Morph Into One Of America's Worst Performing Economies?

Why, Democrats of course!

Government spending is out of control. Two years ago, Connecticut Governor Dannell P. Malloy signed a $1.8 billion tax hike, the biggest in the state’s history.

According to the Yankee Institute, 2011 was a banner year when CT Democrats – who now control both the governor’s mansion and the legislature – pushed through 77 tax hikes.

For instance:

The personal income tax rate went up for individuals making as little as $50,000
The highest marginal income tax rate went up from 6.5 percent to 6.7 percent.
The corporate tax rate went from 8.25 percent to 9 percent.
Higher taxes were retroactive to January 1, 2011.
Property tax credits were reduced to $300 (and to nothing for individuals making over $100,000).
Estate taxes started kicking in at $2 million instead of $3.5 million.
The real estate conveyance tax went up from 0.5 percent to 0.75 percent on the first $800,000 of the sale price of one’s home.
Luxury goods tax – 7 percent on clothing costing over $1,000, jewelry over $5,000, motor vehicles over $50,000 and boats over $100,000.
There’s a new tax of .25 of one cent per kilowatt hour of electricity from the most reliable sources (like nuclear power, natural gas and coal)– not applicable to subsidized solar or wind power.
Sales taxes went up to 6.35 percent.
Sales tax exemptions were eliminated for non-prescription medicines, yoga instruction, airport valet parking, stop-smoking products and shoes costing less than $50.
The Amazon.com tax – sellers without a physical presence in Connecticut must collect sales taxes on orders originating in Connecticut.
Hotel taxes went from 12 percent to 15 percent.
The rent-a-car tax went from 6.35 percent to 9.35 percent.
The hospital tax – 4.6 percent quarterly on net hospital revenue from patients.
Nursing home resident user fee – up from 5.5 percent to 6 percent.
Cremation taxes, up from $100 to $150.

Tax, tax, tax, tax, spend, spend, spend, spend!

Location hidden

#1134997 May 11, 2014
Let's review again the GOP's "affordable" plan for health care reform...(keep in mind ObamaCare was ruled as a tax law by SCOTUS):

A. Universal access programs guaranteeing access to affordable care for those with pre-existing conditions.
B. Ending costly junk lawsuits.
C. Preventing insurers from cancelling policies denying coverage to those with pre-existing conditions.
D. Giving small businesses the ability to pool together to offer health care at lower prices.
E. Providing incentive payments to states that reduce premiums and the number of uninsured.
F. Allowing Americans to buy insurance across state lines.
G. Health Savings Accounts to create incentives to save for future and long-term care needs to use HSAs to pay premiums.

Which letter/s wouldn't lower costs? And aren't the better solutions?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1134998 May 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Let's review again the GOP's "affordable" plan for health care reform...(keep in mind ObamaCare was ruled as a tax law by SCOTUS):
A. Universal access programs guaranteeing access to affordable care for those with pre-existing conditions.
B. Ending costly junk lawsuits.
C. Preventing insurers from cancelling policies denying coverage to those with pre-existing conditions.
D. Giving small businesses the ability to pool together to offer health care at lower prices.
E. Providing incentive payments to states that reduce premiums and the number of uninsured.
F. Allowing Americans to buy insurance across state lines.
G. Health Savings Accounts to create incentives to save for future and long-term care needs to use HSAs to pay premiums.
Which letter/s wouldn't lower costs? And aren't the better solutions?
it never would have made it our of congress like that...not even a house and senate with republican majorities...especially with that! it would have ended up looking like hte ACA or worse...

Location hidden

#1135000 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so if the procedures performed on your hubby were done substandard, and left him with millions of medical costs for the rest of his painful life, you'd just say "oh well" and walk away?
It's been my strong opinion for many years that the medical profession has become substandard in that most doctors perform knee-jerk procedures and tests to cover their butts and too many medical professionals have become apathetic knowing they're going to get handsomely paid simply by billing the insurance companies and HMOs no matter how much the cost...plus all the red tape of government bureaucracy in Medicare and the paperwork and paying extra employees to keep up with it along with rising malpractice insurance costing the patient even more.

ObamaCare is just going to make physicians even more apathetic or leave practicing medicine altogether.

I've been complaining about the health care system for decades because it's too costly and inaccessible to so many.

What we have now isn't reform. It's more government bureaucracy and more taxes and 30 million are still projected to be uninsured.

Not exactly the kind of health care reform I've been waiting decades for.
Michelle

Wexford, PA

#1135001 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and covering their mistakes, which will happen (no one is perfect) is going to be expensive for the health care industry as a whole.
One of the problems with medical malpractice cases is that juries often fail to recognize that a bad outcome is not necessarily the result of malpractice and award large verdicts to sympathetic litigants regardless of fault, just because there is insurance.
Michelle

Wexford, PA

#1135002 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe we should ask Nigeria to help us here in the US free the thousands upon thousands of human trafficked little girls in the sex industry we have right here and can't seem to save ourselves...
Gd to have you on board.

#BringBackOurGirls

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1135003 May 11, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
How Did Rich Connecticut Morph Into One Of America's Worst Performing Economies?
Why, Democrats of course!
"Governor Malloy has signed legislation he introduced that strengthens the presence of United Technologies in Connecticut and bolsters the state's aerospace industry, impacting more than 75,000 jobs in Connecticut."..“With the signing of this legislation, we are moving our state toward a new era of innovation, investment and economic growth, while solidifying our position as a world leader in aerospace manufacturing. Most importantly, this agreement has a direct impact on employment at the thousands of aerospace supply chain companies throughout the state, ensuring they are keeping and creating good-paying jobs with good benefits for men and women in nearly every city and town in Connecticut,” said Governor Malloy.

More info on today's announcement ---> http://1.usa.gov/1jpGDLz

"Great news: Data released today by the National Assessment of Educational Progress shows that Connecticut high school seniors lead the nation in reading and remained in the top tier in math." More info on today's announcement ---> http://1.usa.gov/1jAvlna
Carlos Danger

Los Angeles, CA

#1135004 May 11, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
My mama's white as snow and she doesn't resemble a baboon, like Moochelle and Dopey Dave.......... and you
LMAO
Carlos Danger

Los Angeles, CA

#1135005 May 11, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Gd to have you on board.
#BringBackOurGirls
#GetBackOurCountry
Nostrilis Waxman

UK

#1135006 May 11, 2014
And another one of my wonderful sockpuppets has come forth!!!! He calls himself "Carlos Danger". Winning!

Please my dear friends, show him some Topix Love!!Hoping that all my "opponents" so far today are enjoying my deranged comments and senseless, useless, mindless attacks against them!!!!!!!!!!

You all must admit my newest Topix sockpuppet creation,
"Hillaryous" is fabulous. She is currently my new favorite and by far one of the most endearing of all my sockpuppets so far. I channeled her with my tinfoil hat from my wheelchair as I sat in front of my mirror today in a fresh pair of industrial strength depends repeating over and over:

"I'M GOOD ENOUGH. I'M SMART ENOUGH. AND DOGGONE IT, PEOPLE LIKE ME.!!!!!!!!!

Please my friends, show them her some LOVE!!!!!!

Hugs,xoxox,,Waxman!!!!!!!!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1135007 May 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been my strong opinion for many years that the medical profession has become substandard in that most doctors perform knee-jerk procedures and tests to cover their butts and too many medical professionals have become apathetic knowing they're going to get handsomely paid simply by billing the insurance companies and HMOs no matter how much the cost...plus all the red tape of government bureaucracy in Medicare and the paperwork and paying extra employees to keep up with it along with rising malpractice insurance costing the patient even more.
ObamaCare is just going to make physicians even more apathetic or leave practicing medicine altogether.
I've been complaining about the health care system for decades because it's too costly and inaccessible to so many.
What we have now isn't reform. It's more government bureaucracy and more taxes and 30 million are still projected to be uninsured.
Not exactly the kind of health care reform I've been waiting decades for.
So__what you're saying then is__that back in the day (pre technology) when medicine was guesswork you were happier?

You're a real piece of work babe__and based on your posts here are clueless as to the the health care and health insurance industries.

Sadly misinformed!
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1135009 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, the Kony 2012 internet sensation did so much...
# useless...but palliative to people's feelings of apathy as they tweeted something or liked it on facebook, so they feel they are doing something...
Wait...we actually see (sort of) eye to eye on something?

Alright, who are you and what did you do to the real Woodtick?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135010 May 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
And another one of my wonderful sockpuppets has come forth!!!! He calls himself "Carlos Danger". Winning!
Please my dear friends, show him some Topix Love!!Hoping that all my "opponents" so far today are enjoying my deranged comments and senseless, useless, mindless attacks against them!!!!!!!!!!
You all must admit my newest Topix sockpuppet creation,
"Hillaryous" is fabulous. She is currently my new favorite and by far one of the most endearing of all my sockpuppets so far. I channeled her with my tinfoil hat from my wheelchair as I sat in front of my mirror today in a fresh pair of industrial strength depends repeating over and over:
"I'M GOOD ENOUGH. I'M SMART ENOUGH. AND DOGGONE IT, PEOPLE LIKE ME.!!!!!!!!!
Please my friends, show them her some LOVE!!!!!!
Hugs,xoxox,,Waxman!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Waxman, but as a special trained doctor for the afflicted it's my sad job to report that based on our expert field of professionals out of 50,000 that worked on your case...They all reported the very same results. You are unfixable and you have deteriorated to the point of no return. Even your tiny penis seems to not want anything to do with you anymore. So I suggest you take your tiny one remaining nut and drink your self into oblivion. Quickly.and quitely. For once in your miserable life suck it up and be a man. Even though you have no man parts that work.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135011 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so good! untrained puppies like need to be constrained for their own safety and that of others...
can you get your neighbor on a leash also?
He's been behaving; afraid to end up in jail. But yeah, he needs a leash too!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135012 May 11, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So__what you're saying then is__that back in the day (pre technology) when medicine was guesswork you were happier?
You're a real piece of work babe__and based on your posts here are clueless as to the the health care and health insurance industries.
Sadly misinformed!
I believe that many doctors recommend unnecessary procedures for billing purposes; people really have to have their wits about them and decide if they really need the recommended surgeries; but sadly the elderly listen to their doctors as if they are God.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135013 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so if the procedures performed on your hubby were done substandard, and left him with millions of medical costs for the rest of his painful life, you'd just say "oh well" and walk away?
The people who scream for justice; cry loudest for mercy when it affects a loved one.
Nostrilis Waxman

UK

#1135015 May 11, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Waxman, but as a special trained doctor for the afflicted it's my sad job to report that based on our expert field of professionals out of 50,000 that worked on your case...They all reported the very same results. You are unfixable and you have deteriorated to the point of no return. Even your tiny penis seems to not want anything to do with you anymore. So I suggest you take your tiny one remaining nut and drink your self into oblivion. Quickly.and quitely. For once in your miserable life suck it up and be a man. Even though you have no man parts that work.
Most of my problems are due to that non working ''tiny penis''! Thanks for opening up that wound!!
Now YOU have forced me into drinking another pint of cheap vodka!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min loose cannon 242,991
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 6 hr Rules for Rubes 2
Well, Well Whatdayaknow? 6 hr Negrah History 12
Sarah Sanders is a Hog 9 hr Burp-azz hole 2
Help me 9 hr Negrah rape 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr Nannabella 11,534
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 9 hr They cannot kill ... 3,738

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages