Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509131 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1132748 May 7, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
WH climate assessment packed with many sources that originate from environment special interest groups and not scientific studies.
We already know your opinion on this son....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1132749 May 7, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Really liar. Explain what happened to Joe Lieberman, idiot? He was tarred & feathered for not going along with you fascists on the wars. You had no tolerance whatsoever.
Stop lying, moron.
Bull. Lieberman was ALWAYS hawkish. Liberals don't "tar & feather" someone just because they do not follow an agenda with a ring in their nose. We leave that to Republicans.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1132750 May 7, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just a plain silly comment. Liberals are extremely intolerant of opposing viewpoints. Try to discuss traditional marriage, try to be a black person opposing Obama's policies, try to be a Christian, and the wrath of the intolerant progressives comes pouring down.
You have already displayed your intolerance this morning.
Look in the mirror.
Game of Thongs

Orlando, FL

#1132751 May 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Winners don't use pot or kill babies...
Losers like you do....
Well, sign me up for summer school, cracker... cause my meter's runnin' and my peter's on fire.. Fortunately, I realized long ago that all you get as a prize for "winning," is to spend 20 years or so watching some devil's spawn grow to adulthood just so it can vote against you, and then you die... Were you expecting a prize?... Look at it this way, pot is just a therapeutic reward for people who eventually realize they've been fooled into raising some ungrateful protoplasm for twenty years at their own expense... Remember how much love you felt for your wife when she popped out 'ol number nine and there you were in the delivery room watching what little was left of that vagina turn into month old corned beef?...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1132752 May 7, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
comparison....every other rancher pays the fee. public land indeed.
I think chica believes there's an exemption for reich wingers!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1132753 May 7, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be idiotic to think a general would be in Benghazi. That is stretching logic.
To set the record straight once and for all...I never said a general was on the ground in Libya. The original post was written last night sometime after 11 p.m.

Realtime just made that part up. And now he's making everyone hysterical.

The first sentence in the original post stated Brig. Gen. Lovell was in Germany but part of the African Command in Libya. Apparently, Realtime insists it's AFRICOM...(which is an abbreviation for African Command).
Game of Thongs

Orlando, FL

#1132755 May 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoosh! The point of his post went right over your head.
I love it when you make noises with your mouth like that and then write them down... Good morning, sweetheart, I'm dressed casually today... pool shorts and crocs and my signature ripped black T-shirt which shows off my glistening pecs to their best advantage.. et tu?
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1132757 May 7, 2014
Whining liars?

¨Conservatives have been unfair to Barack Obama. They blame him for all sorts of things.

But it’s never his fault. Just ask him.

The economy? We all know that was Bush’s fault.

The fact that millions of Americans are still out of work, the lucky ones settling for part-time jobs? Hey, he’s president not a magician!

Who was responsible when the nation’s credit rating was downgraded? Obstinate Republicans, who else?

Who should take the rap for Solyndra, the solar company that President Obama helped finance with $535 million of our tax dollars before it went bankrupt? Blame that one on the Chinese.¨

¨The Obama administration's handling of its multiple scandals paints a picture of those who believe they are above the law. There's a pattern of arrogance, dismissiveness, denial, scapegoating, stonewalling, lying, false professions of ignorance, assurances of accountability and punishing whistle-blowers.¨
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1132759 May 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The website outlining the entire GOP plan for health care reform has been posted by myself and others on several occasions.
The two most common sense baby steps that should have been taken first to lower costs of health care were ignored by Democrats. Why did they ignore them if they would have helped lower costs?
I've heard this legend before....

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1132764 May 7, 2014
Thom Tillis’s victory last night in NC Senator GOP primary upgrades race from “Tilt Dem” to “Pure Toss Up.”
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1132765 May 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some research. You'll find this same information on many sites.
Testifying in front of a House Oversight Committee hearing Thursday on Capitol Hill, retired Air Force Brigadier General Robert Lovell said the military should have and could have done more to help Americans who were killed in Benghazi on September 11, 2012. Lovell is the former deputy director for intelligence at Africa Command. His testimony today is the first testimony from a member of the military who was at Africa Command during the time of the Benghazi attack on the U.S consulate.
Lovell was a member of the military who was at Africa Command during the time of the attack - stationed in Germany - which I pointed out in the first post.
Was that the same testimony where he said the military couldn't have saved lives son?

I mean, if you're going to be selective about your facts and all.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1132766 May 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Realtime both should spend the day researching instead of showing your willful ignorance and/or stubbornness on here.
Brig. Gen. Lovell is the former deputy director for intelligence at Africa Command and a member of the military who was at Africa Command during the time of the Benghazi attack.
Wouldn't matter where he was stationed, would it?
Brig. Gen. Lovell testified in front of a House Oversight Committee that the military should have and could have done more to help Americans who were killed in Benghazi.
Your empty insults only prove to make you look like you're out of the loop.
So... you're saying he's claiming he could have saved all their lives son?

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1132767 May 7, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't just catch you pretending to be in the majority again did I?
Poll: 51% wants a Benghazi special committee and 34% don't.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1132769 May 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how a person sounds when they are using drugs...
Well, I guess you are a pro in using your products, son.

BTW, when do you expect your next Mexican shipment?

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1132771 May 7, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
How's Romney looking on the frat boys polls this week, flat foot.
OBama still won "Lie of the Year"

Did you see where Obamacare killed Mass health care. So, no Obamacare wasn't based on that model.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1132773 May 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll certainly try harder to take your advice.
Even if it goes against Jesus son?
Patrick

United States

#1132774 May 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wait... perhaps I misunderstood YOUR intent.
Are you claiming the US Constitution is a racist document son?
she also thinks Medical care comes from the ER.
Standard Republican answer as the turn their back on the poor and their children.
Detroit and Chicago have problems brought about by the Republican Depression of 2008 under George W. Bush

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1132777 May 7, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
Whining liars?
¨Conservatives have been unfair to Barack Obama. They blame him for all sorts of things.
But it’s never his fault. Just ask him.
The economy? We all know that was Bush’s fault.
The fact that millions of Americans are still out of work, the lucky ones settling for part-time jobs? Hey, he’s president not a magician!
Who was responsible when the nation’s credit rating was downgraded? Obstinate Republicans, who else?
Who should take the rap for Solyndra, the solar company that President Obama helped finance with $535 million of our tax dollars before it went bankrupt? Blame that one on the Chinese.¨
¨The Obama administration's handling of its multiple scandals paints a picture of those who believe they are above the law. There's a pattern of arrogance, dismissiveness, denial, scapegoating, stonewalling, lying, false professions of ignorance, assurances of accountability and punishing whistle-blowers.¨
1) When Obama tok office the worst recession in 80 years was ongoing, we had a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, two quagmire wars & just doubled the debt. This all before Obama took office and occurred under the Bush administration. This is a fact.

2) Our credit was downgraded because we had a faction of our government that were willing to default on our financial obligations. This was the Tea Party Republicans.

Again, this is fact.

3) Since the beginning of 2011, Republicans have blocked stimulus efforts at creating more jobs. This is fact.

4) Solyndra had a new design for solar panels that did not use silicon. Silicon prices had gone up which made Solyndra panels more cost competitive. Solyndra got in trouble when the price of silicon dropped & China slashed its panel pricing. This is fact.

5) The Republicans tried to fabricate several scandals including Benghazi & the IRS. Neither were scandals at all. Neither have gone anywhere. Nothing was found.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1132778 May 7, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just a plain silly comment. Liberals are extremely intolerant of opposing viewpoints. Try to discuss traditional marriage, try to be a black person opposing Obama's policies, try to be a Christian, and the wrath of the intolerant progressives comes pouring down.
You have already displayed your intolerance this morning.
lol! There's no discussion son.

YOU tell us our positions and hang on to it for dear life!

That's about the only way you can make your points!

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1132779 May 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Was that the same testimony where he said the military couldn't have saved lives son?
I mean, if you're going to be selective about your facts and all.....
"While people on the ground were fighting for their lives, discussions among U.S. leaders outside Libya "churned on about what we should do," but the military waited for a request for assistance from the State Department, Lovell said.

There were questions about whether the U.S. military could have responded to Benghazi in time, but "we should have tried," Lovell said"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 239,551
Obama has LEAK under sink. 1 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 1 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 1 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 1 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages