Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1129931 May 1, 2014
Donny Brook wrote:
<quoted text>
I stood in New York, maybe 2-miles away from the twins and watched both of those planes take towers down. You may be retarded, or you may be just stupid, but take it on the road to China, buttface.
Some people won't believe their own eyes. Not surprising they won't believe the truth.
Patrick

United States

#1129932 May 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many of the men who survived the attack later claimed that they knew the attack was coming......
but, who are those poor, uneducated old men compared to your "historians"???..... .
Provide your evidence?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1129933 May 1, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed :) The nightshift has arrived.
Yea. Time to say good night and let the zombies play.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129934 May 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Neither will she. How many people over 50 don't have some pre existing condition?
many.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129935 May 1, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched the second debate and saw Candy Crowley the fat slob lie about Benghazi. Why on earth Republicans continue to allow corrupt Democrats in the media to host debates is bewildering.
Democrats lie. They are corrupt.
Mitt Romney deserves a portion of the blame for allowing that fat slob Crowley to get away with it.....

he should have bitch-slapped Crowley instead of being polite....

Orlando, FL

#1129936 May 1, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Time for looking for the birth certificate in Kenya?
Which medical programs for the poor would
Jesus cut to please the self satisfied?
How do homeless children get medical care?
And in good news for America
In a final rush to sign up for health insurance on the federal marketplace, the number of Texans enrolling more than doubled in March, exceeding official expectations but still a fraction of the state’s uninsured residents.
Slightly more than half of those who have proven they are eligible to buy plans on the federally run marketplace in Texas — or 734,000 out of 1.4 million people — chose qualified health insurance plans, according to numbers released Thursday by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. About 5 million to 6 million Texans lack health insurance, or nearly 1 in 4 — the highest rate in the nation.
Look up CHIP. Apparently, you've never heard of it before.

So you're going to believe the Department of Health and Human Services too? The brainchild behind botching the rollout of which the head of that department had no idea of the numbers until magically the day after the deadline and then had that number nailed down to an exact 7.1 million?

How convenient they figured it out at the very last minute!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1129937 May 1, 2014
Aprilvue wrote:
<quoted text>
Along with SPLC one of the most divisive organizations in America. It condemns and demeans blacks who do not comport to their political enslavement mentality. I wouldn't count on seeing one of those 4x8 ft checks anytime soon on MSM.
The NAACP said they didn't mind that Sterling made racist comments as long as they were getting the 'big' money. I think they should give all the money back to Sterling. The National Association Against Colored People should give Sterling all his money back now.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129938 May 1, 2014
TALLAHASSEE —
A National Rifle Association-backed measure aimed at allowing people to carry concealed weapons without licenses during emergency evacuations has been holstered for this year.
Sen. Jeff Brandes, R-St. Petersburg, agreed Thursday to scrap his bill (SB 296) as questions and amendments —- including one that sought to rename the bill “An act relating to the zombie apocalypse”—- were starting to grind the Senate to a halt.
in an emergency evacuation, nobody will care.....

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1129939 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how you handle full-blown cancer. Hope I don't have to find out. But very happy to hear about your wife surviving her battle with cancer.
For now, don't let myself think about it other than positively and sometimes it's easier to block it out. It will become more real around the time of the PET scan.
Surgery was done in your average same day surgery clinic. Surgeon was referred by a dermatologist. Have no problem with the surgeon other than her staff and too many miscommunications.
It's a growing apathy among medical professionals that's the problem. Been that way for a long time though.
Afraid it's only going to get worse.
That's all you can do is think positive and have faith everything will turn out OK in the end. My wife passed her 5 year cancer free mark and is feeling fine. Now she is wearing me out with her new appreciation of life. LOL. I only mentioned that to provide you with a positive outlook.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129940 May 1, 2014
<quoted text>
They don't have to worry about the cost of going to the doctor or going bankrupt and losing their homes to medical bills. If they're sick, they go to the doctor. They get checkups.
Imagine never having the stress about the cost of healthcare? That's huge.
...and wait months for surgery.....

so-called "preventive medicine" is overrated......

Orlando, FL

#1129941 May 1, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
pre existing condition of being a fox troll?
The Nurse Ratched evaluation of ACA shows blindness.
Wonder how poor families on the street get health care?
Which programs would Jesus cut to please the self satisfied.
The poor have always had access to free health clinics in most, if not all, states. They're scattered throughout the state of Florida within a 20 to 30 mile drive. Not to mention ERs.

And, of course, CHIP covers all children.

It's not the poor who are the victims under the ACA. It's the middle class.

Ever wonder how many working class Americans are going to get health care now that they can't afford it?

There was a much better way. Surely, even you can at least acknowledge this. If you were being honest.
Patrick

United States

#1129942 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up CHIP. Apparently, you've never heard of it before.
So you're going to believe the Department of Health and Human Services too? The brainchild behind botching the rollout of which the head of that department had no idea of the numbers until magically the day after the deadline and then had that number nailed down to an exact 7.1 million?
How convenient they figured it out at the very last minute!
More good news for America and the A C A

DOVER – What started with a sputter last October ended with a full-throttle surge in April, as thousands in Delaware and across the nation rushed to sign up for a new health insurance policy before the 2014 deadline arrived.

More than 14,000 Delaware residents got coverage through the government’s new insurance marketplace during the first six-month enrollment period, according to Rita Landgraf, secretary of the state Department of Health and Social Services, in a report Thursday to the Delaware Health Care Commission.

The total, 14,397, was 27 percent higher than the number Landgraf reported last month, reflecting that 11th-hour surge of shoppers.

In addition, more than 4,000 others were found eligible for Medicaid under expanded rules. In all, 18,614 Delaware residents got Obamacare plans, as the new plans are called, or Medicaid coverage. Unlike Obamacare, Medicaid enrollment is possible year-round. But many learned they were eligible for Medicaid while applying for an Obamacare plan.

The state last year estimated that 35,000 of its 92,000 uninsured residents would qualify for an Obamacare plan, and federal officials gave Delaware a goal of enrolling at least 8,000, a mark the state exceeded last month. All who had at least started the enrollment process by the March 31 deadline were allowed to finish, and more than 3,000 were added to the rolls because of that flex.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1129943 May 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I SHALL have the last word." (Kvetch)
But I AM so stupid in my so called Haute Couture 'stretchy pants (USMsince1948)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129944 May 1, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide your evidence?
Galt knew one survivor, a radio operator on the USS California......

Galt did not necessarily agree, but that was his opinion.....

but obviously you were there as well and know better....
Patrick

United States

#1129945 May 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt knew one survivor, a radio operator on the USS California......
Galt did not necessarily agree, but that was his opinion.....
but obviously you were there as well and know better....
Interested in the idea but have seen no evidence.
Japanese Navy seemed to have observed radio silence.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1129946 May 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many of the men who survived the attack later claimed that they knew the attack was coming......
but, who are those poor, uneducated old men compared to your "historians"???..... .
Everyone knew an attack of some sort was coming somewhere, but nobody could conceive an attack at that scale could occur at Pearl Harbor. The army commander was worried about saboteurs and moved the planes to the center of the airfield unknowingly making them easy targets for Japanese planes.

Orlando, FL

#1129947 May 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you can do is think positive and have faith everything will turn out OK in the end. My wife passed her 5 year cancer free mark and is feeling fine. Now she is wearing me out with her new appreciation of life. LOL. I only mentioned that to provide you with a positive outlook.
Can only imagine what she went through. And you as well. But someone having a new outlook on life coming through something like that is easily understandable.

A worrier by nature, thinking positively is the only thing I know how to do in these kinds of situations. Or just block it out. If I didn't, I'd be crying all the time. The surgeon emphasized there was only one cancer cell. And it was removed. I'm holding on to that as a positive sign.
Patrick

United States

#1129948 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor have always had access to free health clinics in most, if not all, states. They're scattered throughout the state of Florida within a 20 to 30 mile drive. Not to mention ERs.
And, of course, CHIP covers all children.
It's not the poor who are the victims under the ACA. It's the middle class.
Ever wonder how many working class Americans are going to get health care now that they can't afford it?
There was a much better way. Surely, even you can at least acknowledge this. If you were being honest.
If there is a better way it may be worked out as ACA is reformed. Republicans most likely will Not repeal the ACA.

Homeless people can not drive 20 to 30 miles.

ER's do not provide preventive care.. Early detection of cancer is important and the person needs medical coverage.

Republicans opposed Medicare and Social Security

Orlando, FL

#1129949 May 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney deserves a portion of the blame for allowing that fat slob Crowley to get away with it.....
he should have bitch-slapped Crowley instead of being polite....
Looked like a deer caught in headlines. Half the country had to pick their jaws up off the floor - including me.

It was such a shock that a moderator would say something like that - even if she did admit Romney was right about Obama blaming a video for weeks afterwards. But no one heard that part because they were in such a state of disbelief - including Romney.

It was too late after the moment passed. Obama's remarks egging her on is what made me want to kick the friggin' TV. He sat right there knowing he lied to us about the attack and then acted so smug about having the moderator cover his butt for him during the debate.

It's really very hard for me to accept America has gotten so stupid.

Orlando, FL

#1129950 May 1, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a better way it may be worked out as ACA is reformed. Republicans most likely will Not repeal the ACA.
Homeless people can not drive 20 to 30 miles.
ER's do not provide preventive care.. Early detection of cancer is important and the person needs medical coverage.
Republicans opposed Medicare and Social Security
Any homeless person can walk into any ER and be treated.

The majority of the homeless reside in the bigger cities. There's at least a half dozen free clinics right here in Orlando.

If the democrats had concentrated more on lowering the costs of health care and compromised with republicans on solutions that were better than what we have now - which is a lawyer's smorgasbord and a tax nightmare - it would have been a lot cheaper just to treat the poor in ERs and free clinics at the taxpayer's expense. We were doing that anyway.

Obamacare is just making more people homeless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Beavis 179,410
Abby 10-24 22 min edogxxx 23
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min TRD 68,662
Amy 10-24 1 hr Toj 10
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,499
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 50,634
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr scirocco 70,102
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]