Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1549514 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1131725 May 5, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>"Why conservatives so desperately need a scandal" A scandal already exists and it is you libs that recognize, acknowledge, and reinforce the fact that there exists a scandal in all of the liberal press.
The real scandal is that Republicans make up these phony scandals to avoid facing their own scandal of refusing to govern effectively and instead force government shut-downs, delay approving Obama judicial appointments and delay votes on crucial legislation the country needs on immigration, climate change, net neutrality, GMO labeling laws, amnesty for non-violent drug offenders, minimum wage increases , campaign finance reform , etc. etc.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1131726 May 5, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those on welfare have cars, late models.... second and third cars for the kids.
-Angela
And don't forget "designer clothes and sneakers and getting free lunch"

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1131728 May 5, 2014
Hillewinsky wrote:
<quoted text> "What DIFFERENCE does it make?"
Theory on why Waxman keeps whining about this:
Years ago a young Waxman's fat-assed mother was in the woods and shot by a poacher who authorities said mistook her for a moose. When Waxman complained that the poacher must have thought she was a deer instead, he was told, "What difference does it make, dumbass?".
Hillewinsky

Palm Coast, FL

#1131729 May 5, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Patrick,
Happy to report my daughter graduated from UF this weekend! A glorious day!
on the taxpayers' money, no less
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1131730 May 5, 2014
"Many on welfare usually have a car, cellphone and television"

classic

"Most homeless people want to be homeless."

Another classic Republican line.
Hillewinsky

Palm Coast, FL

#1131731 May 5, 2014
<quoted text>
she got those, too, no doubt
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1131732 May 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Plus pedicures, manicures, designer haircuts, perfumes...

"The poor always have the most beautiful hair and nails." - Homer

"Plus they always smell so nice." - Homer

I recall growing up instead of getting heating oil my mom would get her nails done.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1131733 May 5, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Theory on why I keep whining about this:
Years ago my old fat-assed mother was in the woods and shot by a poacher who authorities said mistook her for a moose. When I complained that the poacher must have thought she was a deer instead, I was told, "What difference does it make, dumbass?".
Not Surprized! LOL
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1131734 May 5, 2014
NBA owners say man who makes inappropriate comments has to go for life...

----------meanwhile----------

spill a bunch of oil into the ocean and it only costs you 9 months...

'Captain in Alaska Oil Spill Loses License for 9 Months'

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/07/26/us/captain-...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1131735 May 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ansar Al ASharia has not been proven to be the attacker.
They are NOT Al Qaeda.
Nor are they like Al Qaeda.
And yes, a terrorist attack is act of terror.
The more you Tea Party morons bring up Benghazi, the dumber & more desperate you appear to be.
But an act of terror isn't a terrorist attack. The shooting in the Colorado theater was an act of terror, but the shooter wasn't a terrorist.

Al Qaeda has split up into numerous smaller groups.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1131736 May 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Benghazi is simply a reich wing talking point... possibly being used as a political weapon against Clinton.
It's not hard to figure that one out since nothing else appears to be working....
Political witch hunts have defined the Republican party since the 1990's. They are such pathetic buffoons.

Boehner's announcing a special committee to investigate Benghazi is a repeat of Newt Gingrich's $2.5 million commission to look into Democratic donor Bernard Schwartz, then head of Loral, selling satellites to China in hopes he could tie it to Clinton. It collapsed entirely when the Justice Department "turned up not a scintilla of evidence -- or information -- that the president was corruptly influenced by Schwartz." Over and over and over again, Republicans insist on looking like fools. They will never learn.

FACT: "The GOP is no longer capable of compromise, and therefore of effective government."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Patrick

United States

#1131737 May 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Hi Patrick,
Happy to report my daughter graduated from UF this weekend! A glorious day!
Congratulations on this happy event!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1131738 May 5, 2014
"The more you Tea Party morons bring up Benghazi, the dumber & more desperate you appear to be." - RealDave
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1131739 May 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Political witch hunts have defined the Republican party since the 1990's. They are such pathetic buffoons.
Boehner's announcing a special committee to investigate Benghazi is a repeat of Newt Gingrich's $2.5 million commission to look into Democratic donor Bernard Schwartz, then head of Loral, selling satellites to China in hopes he could tie it to Clinton. It collapsed entirely when the Justice Department "turned up not a scintilla of evidence -- or information -- that the president was corruptly influenced by Schwartz." Over and over and over again, Republicans insist on looking like fools. They will never learn.
FACT: "The GOP is no longer capable of compromise, and therefore of effective government."
Reich wingers are using MY money and time to further their political agendas AGAIN on the same issue.

Clearly they have no problems wasting taxpayer funds.

A clear case of leading by their examples.....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1131740 May 5, 2014
"Political witch hunts have defined the Republican party since the 1990's. They are such pathetic buffoons." USAsince1680

Another good one.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1131741 May 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You people keep pushing a hard point on a fluid situation while bushie boy gets a pass on iraq.
amazing!
Who said Bushie gets a pass? I wouldn't be comparing one idiot to another to advance your opinion.
Sherwin W

New York, NY

#1131742 May 5, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>"Many on welfare usually have a car, cellphone and television"
classic
She should have said flat screen
I thought Democrats like poverty as a voter drive tool since Ted Kennedy started this,

"Over the past two decades, the United States has run an immigration policy that has substantially increased poverty in this country. Two-thirds of immigrant households—that is counting both immigrants and their U.S.-born children—from Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala live in poverty or near-poverty. Other Latin-American immigrant groups fare only a little less badly: more than 50 percent among Salvadorans; just less than 50 percent among Cubans.

As the United States debates an immigration reform that will substantially increase the flow of unskilled immigrants, Americans need to keep in mind that the debate over how much immigration to welcome is also a debate about how much more poverty to accept."

And culturally Democrats have been behind the legitimization of unwed motherhood. Remember the media attacks on Repulicans in the 70s or 80s when they thought Murphy Brown was a bad role model?

"War on Women", "Racism" are accusations that seek to quiet the voice of common sense and advocacy of personal responsibility.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1131743 May 5, 2014
NBA owners say man who makes inappropriate comments has to go for life...

----------meanwhile----------

dope head pharmacists in Maine were allowed to stay....

'....Thirteen pharmacists during the same period were allowed by the board to practice pharmacy despite their history of drug abuse and theft. Five of them went on to steal or abuse drugs again and lose their licenses once more.'

http://pinetreewatchdog.org/some-pharmacists-...
Sherwin W

New York, NY

#1131744 May 5, 2014
Homer wrote:
"The more you Tea Party morons bring up Benghazi, the dumber & more desperate you appear to be." - RealDave
Benghazi vs Watergate
Hmmm. What are the differences?

Americans tortured and killed vs a break-in with no lives lost.

Media censure on behalf of their culturally popular but inept President and a President not on the left so the event was fully investigated and reported until the desired result was achieved.

Would would the media have said and how would it have been reported if a Republican president had disappeared until time to jump on his campaign trip to Vegas to fundraise?

Even if you won't admit it, we all know that YOU KNOW.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1131745 May 5, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> The real scandal is that Republicans make up these phony scandals to avoid facing their own scandal of refusing to govern effectively and instead force government shut-downs, delay approving Obama judicial appointments and delay votes on crucial legislation the country needs on immigration, climate change, net neutrality, GMO labeling laws, amnesty for non-violent drug offenders, minimum wage increases , campaign finance reform , etc. etc.
EXACTLY. Plain and simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Dr Guru 241,676
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 10,856
Spanx-they're for me. 6 hr Spanx ME 2
Black Humor. NO not that black. 6 hr GenePoolDead 5
America should let all immigrants in, why not? 7 hr Rooster panties 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 11 hr honeymylove 2,549
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 14 hr LuvHardCock 209

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages