Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1600711 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1131234 May 4, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Recognize your source as a crack-pot phony.'Comment on the reliability of Ryan Mauro’s reporting ' " Consequently this character must be treated with extreme caution. YOU MUST DOUBLE-CHECK EVERYTHING HE SAYS.
-- Ibn Adolf, July 20, 2010" http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Talk:Rya...
So, you object to Source Watch? Why?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131235 May 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an idiot, the poor do not have access to proper healthcare as do the rich. You baggers are Americas embarrassment, lots of children born and raised in certain parts of this country have certain symptoms that if treated could possible save their lives. And idiots like you choose to belittle and condemn as opposed to helping in any way, or for that matter wanting anyone else to help. As another much wiser man than I often says on here" You are an idiot Galt always have been and always will be".
everybody has access to medical care, regardless of income or wealth....

however, you are correct that those who can afford to pay for premium care will receive better care.....

that's life, in everything else as well as medical care...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131236 May 4, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Recognize your source as a crack-pot phony.'Comment on the reliability of Ryan Mauro’s reporting ' " Consequently this character must be treated with extreme caution. YOU MUST DOUBLE-CHECK EVERYTHING HE SAYS.
-- Ibn Adolf, July 20, 2010" http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Talk:Rya...
Sourcewatch is a radical leftwing propaganda site......

http://www.populartechnology.net/2011/10/trut...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1131237 May 4, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
1st graders know how to use "too" correctly and low IQ regards like yourself are the only people who consistently get it wrong.
You have deluded yourself with thoughts of supremacy over millions of individuals for so long that you forgot to go to grammar school.
Allow me old ignorant one. When one is as backward and clueless as you obviously are, it becomes imperative that you attempt to equalize as much as possible. First I will enlighten you on spelling as an indicator of intellect.. Einstein was a terrible speller, so was Winston Churchill, Andrew Jackson, Hemingway, Agatha Christie, and less we forget Dan Quayle.So you see my illiterate friend your attempt at disguising your profound ignorance only works on the very dumb...Now go find you a FOX audience and enjoy the over abundance of stupid. Racist pig.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1131238 May 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The [military] should have tried. I don't think there was a military response. The defense was mounted by the CIA contractors that were there at the annex.
LMAO yes a few CIA contractors went over there to join special agent Strickland and a couple of others in evacuating the state department personnel some of whom were wounded and the body of Sean Smith to the nearby CIA base. The ambassador's body was collected later from a nearby hospital where he had be taken by Blue Mountain people.

Keep in mind that Glen Doherty was in far away Tripoli when the consulate was attacked and quickly traveled to Benghazi with others on a Libyan plane so in that regard there was an armed response__or a case of reinforcements being sent. Unfortunately that group was delayed at Benghazi's airport while waiting for ground transportation and only arrived at the CIA base just before it was mortared.

Obviously you and others posting here are too fing lazy to manage even a cursory examination of the actual time line preferring to get your info from rightnut sites, FOX News or even worse on topix.Try www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/ but be careful, there are a lot of words and numbers there to consider.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1131239 May 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet that is an amazing feat for a three wheeler like you, huh duffer?
"poop"
I note you avoided answering the question which was, can the boy president nobama ride a bike? He can't/doesn't do much.
Peace
KMA
GPYAR
PS: You have still not advised what summer your bio/fantasy be released.
PSS: Are you about due to take a hiatus from Topix to go to DC and advise the presidents key advisers on how to proceed? Or, will you actually sit down across the president for a face to face?
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1131240 May 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid Benghazi is a sad reflection on today's world. There is little that we or anyone can do to prevent terrorist completely. To even think or imply that a president or any leader in any capacity would ignore or not care what happens to their own personnel is far more a reflection on the ones making that charge and one would have to question their motives...In this particular case it is way beyond obvious that the Republicans are playing politics with the dead and their only agenda is just that. Look how it's working on the loose nuts on here.They hear something and it immediately it becomes gospel. Especially if it's on Fox.
Aren't you the same idiot that has said Bush took us to war by false pretense, hypocrite? If you didn't say it, many, many of your fellow Moonbats have for sure.

Regarding Benghazi, why did Obama & Hillary send out Susan Rice for two weeks saying it was "a video"? Why did the 2nd debate moderator Candy Crowley lie to defend Obama during the debate? Everyone knows what a serial liar Obama is. Are you so naïve you don't think Obama was more worried about his image & campaign (Mission accomplished, Al Qaeda is decimated) than four patriots?

All you can do is attack a news organization that doesn't participate in your charade on the left. Now go make some comments about Bushie Boy, juvenile.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1131241 May 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how did they not try?
What planet are you from idiot? Do you still say Pluto is a "comet" or did you just "forget" again?

I noticed you ran away from that one, weasel.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1131242 May 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me old ignorant one. When one is as backward and clueless as you obviously are, it becomes imperative that you attempt to equalize as much as possible. First I will enlighten you on spelling as an indicator of intellect.. Einstein was a terrible speller, so was Winston Churchill, Andrew Jackson, Hemingway, Agatha Christie, and less we forget Dan Quayle.So you see my illiterate friend your attempt at disguising your profound ignorance only works on the very dumb...Now go find you a FOX audience and enjoy the over abundance of stupid. Racist pig.
Hey STUPID! Not only do you have Bush Derangement Syndrome, you also have Fox News Derangement Syndrome. Not everyone wants to be a zombie partisan robot like you sh*t fer brains sock.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1131243 May 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO yes a few CIA contractors went over there to join special agent Strickland and a couple of others in evacuating the state department personnel some of whom were wounded and the body of Sean Smith to the nearby CIA base. The ambassador's body was collected later from a nearby hospital where he had be taken by Blue Mountain people.
Keep in mind that Glen Doherty was in far away Tripoli when the consulate was attacked and quickly traveled to Benghazi with others on a Libyan plane so in that regard there was an armed response__or a case of reinforcements being sent. Unfortunately that group was delayed at Benghazi's airport while waiting for ground transportation and only arrived at the CIA base just before it was mortared.
Obviously you and others posting here are too fing lazy to manage even a cursory examination of the actual time line preferring to get your info from rightnut sites, FOX News or even worse on topix.Try www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/ but be careful, there are a lot of words and numbers there to consider.
So, there was no military response as indicated, correct?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1131244 May 4, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care who black people vote for, but I already know that black younger men are much more likely to vote Republican than their fathers and grandfathers, so you are losing your core membership when you add the fact that Republicans have already won white youth(the ideological engine of progressivism itself).
A white nationalist doesn't fit the simple-minded leftist definition of a racist because we actually have a very logical basis for our beliefs with little to no hate in our hearts, while scum like yourself hate white people and hide behind the banner of "progressivism".
People like myself are the end for your party and your agenda, and you know that very well.
maybe you can explain why young people and blacks won't watch the GOP channel?

they're not stupid?

until they can get someone other than 68 year old white people to watch FOX.......they don't stand a chance of lying to enough people to help a lying Republican win an election.
ptbw forever

United States

#1131245 May 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Using "too" instead of "to" is not a spelling error when you have made that mistake every time.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1131246 May 4, 2014
Young Turks host Cenk Uygur angrily denounced Republicans and Fox News on Friday for continuing to paint the September 2012 attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya as a conspiracy.

“Why don’t we talk for eight years about the gross incompetence of the f*cking Republicans George g*ddamn W. Bush and Dick Cheney? They sit in f*cking Crawford for a month as they’re about to attack us,” Uygur said.“You got a memo that said,‘[Osama] bin Ladin determined to attack inside the United States of America,’ you didn’t do anything about that. Three-thousand Americans died and you want to talk about Benghazi and four Americans,‘Oh, and you changed it from ‘attacks’ to f*cking ‘demonstrations.’ F*ck you, move the f*ck on.”

While acknowledging that the four deaths in the attack were tragic, Uygur criticized conservatives for ignoring Obama administration policies that have harmed and could harm a wider array of people, like the recent Federal Communications Commission proposals that activists have warned could endanger net neutrality, among others.

“They do warrantless spying on all of us, on 300 million Americans,” Uygur said.“They do drone strikes on people — they kill people —[and] they don’t even know who they are. They kill American citizens without due process. There’s a mountain of problems with the Obama administration.”

By comparison, Uygur said, Benghazi was “a tiny little f*cking thing” that the rest of the media had allowed Fox News to turn into a leading topic.

“Stop talking about what Fox News is talking about,” he said.“Have you f*cking not caught on? They do it on purpose.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/02/young-t...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1131247 May 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO yes a few CIA contractors went over there to join special agent Strickland and a couple of others in evacuating the state department personnel some of whom were wounded and the body of Sean Smith to the nearby CIA base. The ambassador's body was collected later from a nearby hospital where he had be taken by Blue Mountain people.
None of this post was disputed. You're the first to mention Glen Doherty.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1131248 May 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not attempting to prove anything to you-the Grammar Nazi nerd-I am telling you were wrong!
You are being a moron trying to claim "they" refers to everyone and your lame rewrite showed an error that any grammar teacher wouldn't make. Who would make the idiotic assumption that only one person had made up a opinion? You are tripping yourself up over a compound sentence!
I made two comments about your idiocy. It is time you move on. I am done with your idiocy.
Here you go, Idiot (Kvetch or carol?): ""Everyone" is singular because the word indicates 'each' of the individuals in a group. Like "Everyone in my class likes me!" That's why "everyone" is singular (pun intended!).
But the word "They" does not indicate any individual person/thing in a group. It indicates ALL of them, so it is plural.
Hope that helps!" There might be other morons out there who are as ignornant as you, but I doubt it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1131249 May 4, 2014
What do Republicans want to prove with Benghazi?

If the crime is that the Obama administration, two months before a presidential election, was concerned with putting the best face on the attack, Team Obama is probably guilty. But the emails do not suggest that the administration lied to the American public, let alone orchestrated a vast cover-up of some massive intelligence or policy failure.

So far, as Marc Ambinder suggested last year, this seems like a battle over "diction." Does it matter if the CIA didn't use the word "video" but Rhodes did, several hours later? Or that Rice called the attackers "extremist elements" rather than al Qaeda-affiliated "terrorists"? Should the White House have released the Rhodes email earlier, even though (as White House Press Secretary Jay Carney slyly noted) it didn't deal specifically with Benghazi?

The answer to that last question is probably yes. White House reporters aren't very impressed with the Obama administration's transparency, and the White House hasn't exactly done a great job getting its own story straight on Benghazi.

Maybe that's fed the Benghazi-gate inferno, but it still leaves this question for Republicans: In a best-case scenario, what will this endless investigation prove about the Obama administration? That it tried to stage-manage a Sunday talk show trifecta, or influence talking points from the intelligence community? That it's guilty of spin, or failing to use the word "terrorist" enough? That Obama and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton weren't publicly angry enough about the murder of an ambassador they both liked and respected — and sent to Libya?

If Republicans want to hang the murder of Ambassador Stevens and the other three Americans around Obama's neck or use the Benghazi attack to sink a 2016 run by Hillary Clinton, they should at least come up with a narrative that makes an iota of sense to the large number of Americans who assumed that Benghazi-gate was settled, politically speaking, in the 2012 presidential race.

Or more coarsely, as former National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor would have it, "Dude, this was like two years ago."

http://theweek.com/article/index/260924/what-...
Sammy Chung

Portland, OR

#1131250 May 4, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Here you go, Idiot (Kvetch or carol?): ""Everyone" is singular because the word indicates 'each' of the individuals in a group. Like "Everyone in my class likes me!" That's why "everyone" is singular (pun intended!).
But the word "They" does not indicate any individual person/thing in a group. It indicates ALL of them, so it is plural.
Hope that helps!" There might be other morons out there who are as ignornant as you, but I doubt it.
Thank you for this post.
How incredibly meaningless your life must be if this is all you have to offer/do on a Sunday afternoon.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1131251 May 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"On preexisting conditions, if you lost your job and immediately bought insurance on your own, you'd be protected. If you let your coverage lapse, you'd have to pay more because of your preexisting condition." That is EXACTLY what existed before the ACA. The Republicans just wanted the status quo!! Ever hear of COBRA? I beginning to doubt that you EVER held a job.
Republicans can be criticized for not doing more to address health care reform. But it's not an easy undertaking. The Democrats rejected HillaryCare at one time which was similar to ObamaCare.

What we have now is a partisan tax law that gives too much power over our health care to the federal government, the IRS, politicians and bureaucrats with all the red tape.

If ever there was a time for both sides to sit down and compromise on a mutually doable health care reform, the time was in 2009. Both sides were prepared to come to the table with solutions that were long overdue and both sides could live with. The Democrats blew it.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1131252 May 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>already cracked it...i just deal with the truth and the facts...
woks great.
Facts are Fun!

Just ask any psychotic.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1131253 May 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
It is when you're sworn to an oath and testifying. The general did indicate there probably wasn't much they could do, but added they should have at least tried.
Hind sight is 20/20. The attack on Benghazi only lasted about forty-five minutes before security agents from the CIA Annex along with 16 Libyan Security guards regained control. By the time Panetta & Dempsey met with Obama, all the surving Americans had retreated to the annex and were deemed safe. The rescue team from Tripoli arrived at the annex within 3 hours from the initial attack on the consulate and within forty-five minutes of the start of the second hour long assault on the annex. To say that "we should have at least tried" is a personal opinion that would have made absolutely no difference in the long run.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
He Fights. 4 hr I fought 3
dead in a freezer in a freaking hotel man. i sw... 5 hr Ko ko 22
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr KitKaboodle 11,303
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 7 hr Yes We Can 21
Canada,not so welcoming after all!! 7 hr One Country Down 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 hr Misses Abiff 242,610
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr RACE 105,266

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages