Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129594 May 1, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this going to help save lives at other US embassies by using what we've learned about what happened at Benghazi? Now that would be big news! Please explain why it's more important to determine how Benghazi was explained to the public immediately after the incident?
so that more American lives are not sacrificed in the future for the sake of political advantage......
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1129595 May 1, 2014
NBA owner makes inappropriate comment (s) and has to go...

----------

This guy gets to stay....

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketbal...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1129596 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't think about much of anything else lately.
Is it okay if I have an outlet once in a while?
It's not like my husband's on his death bed. He gets around and is his normal self. He's just having complications with one of his wounds and this is the second day in a row we've notified the nurses. Today, they said they'd get back to us at the end of the day knowing the problem started yesterday.
I won't even go into the lack of communication on the part of two on-call doctors and his surgeon the week following his surgery plus the ongoing confusion by his staff about post-op appointments. At least his surgeon wasn't too happy either and said she would find out who was responsible and why.
But here we are again today left to our own devices and hoping what seems to be a growing infection doesn't turn into sepsis before they care enough to call back again.
You get the picture.
On top of all of this, daughter is undergoing another procedure tomorrow.
But we're all going to watch one of our favorite shows I recorded together now.
And they come first.
So later, dem.
(Sorry Galt...TMI, I know...)
RE: "On top of all of this, daughter is undergoing another procedure tomorrow. " I hope that you let your daughter get some good health advice from her local Planned Parenthood clinic. It's always good to consult with a family doctor and be well-informed before making a difficult decision on those type of 'procedures'.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1129597 May 1, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
No! You're crazy.
...says the liberal who defends a lying president and his corrupt administration...

Okay...now later.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1129599 May 1, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>What you righties don't want to admit is that you only want no regulations on your big-moneyed special interests ,but more political control on the rest of us .
.how much influence did this buy?

"Obama close to raising $1 billion after near-record September tally'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decisi...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1129601 May 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so that more American lives are not sacrificed in the future for the sake of political advantage......
So, why aren't Republicans willing to cooperate? why are they using 'Benghazi' to gain some political advantages in rallying their political base before the 2014 midterm elections?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1129602 May 1, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
No! You're crazy.
Batshyt crazy! Actually she was just as crazy five years ago but nowhere near as belligerent.

O'Reilly really got to her.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1129603 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch only the O'Reilly Factor and The Five you big fat ignoramus.
And I have far too much on my mind these days being caretaker, worrier and practically nurse and practitioner to my husband's wounds and complications because the medical profession doesn't seem to know if it's coming or going or eating apple butter.
They're like trained robots who can't think outside the box to even give a shit.
And we even paid the deductible up front and have GOOD insurance.
So please forgive me if I find your kind of hatred infuriating.
Maybe you should have told them you're a Teapartyer so then you'd get home visits
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1129604 May 1, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>RE: "On top of all of this, daughter is undergoing another procedure tomorrow. " I hope that you let your daughter get some good health advice from her local Planned Parenthood clinic. It's always good to consult with a family doctor and be well-informed before making a difficult decision on those type of 'procedures'.
lol
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1129605 May 1, 2014
NBA owner makes inappropriate comment (s) and has to go...

----------

this player got to stay...

'... His temper has led to several suspensions including a 73-game suspension for his part in the Pacers-Pistons brawl that spilled into the seats.'

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-nbas-most-controv...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#1129606 May 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he fly jet fighters or not, pretend veteran?
Chimp? Are we back to Obama now?
He flew trainers...badly. It was all he was required to do as a millionaire's son. He went AWOL during a campaign that he was quite involved in because he couldn't get the cocaine out of his system. How about that, Pretend Veteran? Tell Vicky she married an old bat.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1129607 May 1, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

"Express Scripts to cut 1,890 jobs, close two facilities"

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/blog/healt...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1129608 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Had so little time to be on here, I actually thought someone might have even missed me.
Husband can't do much of anything but recline in a chair, watch TV and movies and play games - which is what I've been doing with him much of the time when I'm not doing everything for him, being the chauffeur and having to play the role of physician because we've been pretty much left to our own devices by the real ones.
I can't even think about the upcoming PET scan or the results except to remain positive.
So please back off on the Obama-induced hatred for the time being - if you wouldn't mind.
Care-giver is a tough role, Incognito. emotionally and physically draining..make sure you make some time, as brief as it may be, for you.(if possible, it is not always possible.)

do not feel guilty about it.

let me repeat that.... DO NOT feel guilty about it or it will not be "your" time. you cannot be a good caregiver when you hate what you are doing and yes, that can happen even when taking care of someone you love even more than yourself....(actually, that is the problem, you forget yourself and end up not taking care of yourself so you can do your job...)

best advice i can give you. good luck.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1129609 May 1, 2014

'EXCLUSIVE: 800 Ashland job cuts to come from U.S.'

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/2014/04...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1129611 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't think about much of anything else lately.
Is it okay if I have an outlet once in a while?
It's not like my husband's on his death bed. He gets around and is his normal self. He's just having complications with one of his wounds and this is the second day in a row we've notified the nurses. Today, they said they'd get back to us at the end of the day knowing the problem started yesterday.
I won't even go into the lack of communication on the part of two on-call doctors and his surgeon the week following his surgery plus the ongoing confusion by his staff about post-op appointments. At least his surgeon wasn't too happy either and said she would find out who was responsible and why.
But here we are again today left to our own devices and hoping what seems to be a growing infection doesn't turn into sepsis before they care enough to call back again.
You get the picture.
On top of all of this, daughter is undergoing another procedure tomorrow.
But we're all going to watch one of our favorite shows I recorded together now.
And they come first.
So later, dem.
(Sorry Galt...TMI, I know...)
I'm afraid to ask what show?
Maybe you should take him to the hospital rather than wait.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1129613 May 1, 2014

'IT giant Infosys cutting 31 Milwaukee jobs'

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/201...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1129614 May 1, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
.how much influence did this buy?
"Obama close to raising $1 billion after near-record September tally'
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decisi...
it will help buy lots of votes from the mindless fools like you that cannot think for themselves..

keep selling your vote, idiot!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129615 May 1, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bundy and Clipper dominating news while Ukraine is being ignored.
TV news seems hopeless
diverting attention from Obama's failures....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1129616 May 1, 2014

'Chart of the Week: U.S. middle class no longer the world’s richest'

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/04/...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129620 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>

stop wasting your time with the bedpan attendants and demand to see a real doctor instead....

go to the emergency room if necessary.....

don't wait.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min TRD 69,797
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min red and right 187,822
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 53,028
College Scandals 6 hr music 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr Red_Forman 5,947
Word (Dec '08) 8 hr Red_Forman 5,211
News 1 dead 4 injured in separate shootings across C... 9 hr reality is a crutch 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]