Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1565665 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1130886 May 3, 2014
Gilad wrote:
<quoted text>
Who else has a problem with this song?? That is not ok
can we trade TX to mexico straight up for three tacos and a medium cola?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1130887 May 3, 2014
Breitbart's Sports???

Hah__ROFLMAO
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1130888 May 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would i hike when you are clearly running away from this issue...
i can see your yellow tail from here still...run faster, coward.
I'm standing right HERE...RIGHT..where I've always been.

So can just go- fk off!(FREAK!).

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1130889 May 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment is down because 800,000 people stopped looking for work.
Well, as usual you have it wrong..the report states that "800,000 people stopped looking for work OR QUIT WORKING." That's actually good news. People are confident enough in the economy to retire, quit work because of a disability or attend school full-time. You are still stuck on stupid.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1130890 May 3, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did Rick Scott and your Republican legislature as well as those in other states refuse Medicaid expansion that would have provided healthcare coverage and leave millions without access to healthcare coverage? Why did Charlene Dill have to die because they were engaging in political posturing?
because putting more people on permanent welfare is not a good plan.....

St. Croix valley

#1130891 May 3, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm standing right HERE...RIGHT..where I've always been.
So can just go- fk off!(FREAK!).
and yet with your words,l or lack of them, you have tucked tail and ran...

are you really standing now? why?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1130892 May 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>article 35A (c).....
revocation of franchise not included in penalties under this section.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1130893 May 3, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Link it__ahem__link your, cough, article..
ARTICLE 13

TERMINATION OF OWNERSHIP OR MEMBERSHIP

The Membership of a Member or the interest of any Owner may be terminated by a vote of three fourths (3/4) of the Board of Governors if the Member or Owner shall do or suffer any of the following:

(a) Willfully violate any of the provisions of the Constitution and By-Laws, resolutions, or agreements of the Association.

(b) Transfer or attempt to transfer a Membership or an interest in a Member without complying with the provisions of Article 5.

(c) Fail to pay any dues or other indebtedness owing to the Association within thirty (30) days after Written Notice from the Commissioner of default in such payment.

(d) Fail or refuse to fulfill its contractual obligations to the Association, its Members, Players, or any other third party in such a way as to affect the Association or its Members adversely.

(e) Wager or countenance wagering by its officers or employees on any game in which a Team operated by a Member of the Association participates.

(f) Willfully permit open betting, pool selling, or any other form of gambling upon any premises owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by the Member or an Owner, except, subject to Article 8(a), for gambling activities that are lawful in the applicable jurisdiction and do not involve in any way, directly or indirectly, gambling with respect to any aspect of the Association’s games, events, property, players, or other personnel.

(g) Offer, agree, conspire, or attempt to lose or control the score of any game participated in by a Team operated by a Member of the Association, or fail to suspend immediately any officer or any Player or other employee of the Member who shall be found guilty, in a court of law or in any hearing sanctioned by this Constitution and By- Laws, of offering, agreeing, conspiring, or attempting to lose or control the score of any such game or of being interested in any pool or wager on any game in which a Team operated by a Member of the Association participates.

(h) Disband its Team during the Season, dissolve its business, or cease its operation.

(i) Willfully fail to present its Team at the time and place it is scheduled to play in an Exhibition, Regular Season, or Playoff Game.

(j) Willfully misrepresent any material fact contained in its application for Membership in the Association.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1130894 May 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are looking at article 35. try 35A as i stated..
idiots are fun too!
I will repeat because it bears repeating:

You are hilariously stupid.

wait...make that a capital "S", Stupid.

You came to your legal understandings on a playground at the age of 6 and stayed there forever..
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1130895 May 3, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong again!!1
Free Republic
Browse · Search News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.
NBA Can't Legally Terminate Sterling's Ownership
Breitbart's Sports ^| April 30, 2014 | Ben Shapiro
Posted on 5/1/2014 12:23:25 AM by 2ndDivisionVet
(VIDEO-AT-LINK)
On Tuesday, the National Basketball Association released its Constitution and By-laws – and the release of the text demonstrates clearly that despite media reports, Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling cannot be voted out of ownership of his team by colleagues for his racist statements.
Yesterday, NBA commissioner Adam Silver fined Sterling $2.5 million and suspended him for life from the league. He certainly has that power under the Constitution and By-laws. Under Article 24(l), the commissioner has the power to do that which is in his best judgment with regard to remedies not covered by the Constitution or By-laws:
Where a situation arises which is not covered in the Constitution and By-laws, the Commissioner shall have the authority to make such decision, including the imposition of a penalty, as in his judgment shall be in the best interests of the Association. The penalty that may be assessed under the preceding two sentences may include, without limitation, a fine, suspension, and/or the forfeiture or assignment of draft choices. No monetary penalty fixed under this provision shall exceed $2,500,000.
Provision 35A(d) spells this out further:
The Commissioner shall have the power to suspend for a definite or indefinite period, or to impose a fine not exceeding $1,000,000, or to inflict both such suspension and fine upon any person who, in his opinion, shall have been guilty of conduct prejudicial or detrimental to the Association.
In other words, Silver’s peremptory power is limited to Sterling’s suspension from the NBA and a fine of $2.5 million. It does not extend to booting him from ownership of his team. Furthermore, the association by-laws do not grant the power for owners to force Sterling to sell his team. Termination provisions can only be initiated for violation of specific rules....
"NBA Can't Legally Terminate Sterling's Ownership" - in theory may be valid

Will the old boys club of owners decide that they have had enough and that his ownership threatens their bottom line?
Brad

Bolton, CT

#1130896 May 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as usual you have it wrong..the report states that "800,000 people stopped looking for work OR QUIT WORKING." That's actually good news. People are confident enough in the economy to retire, quit work because of a disability or attend school full-time. You are still stuck on stupid.
Sounds familiar.

"The people who lost their jobs now have time to explore new options."

Guess who?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1130897 May 3, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Economy soars"????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. ..
Pull your head out from your crotch, brutha...
Correction, the US economy is soaring for sane educated Americans. Apparently right wing morons are really having a tough go of it in their whiney miserable lives.
My condolences shinningmoron.

St. Croix valley

#1130898 May 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
revocation of franchise not included in penalties under this section.....
it is a breach of the bylaws...for which the remaining owners can vote for expulsion.
how long do you think the other owners will sit by while this bigot lessons the worth of their investment?
do you really think he will drag his name through the courts exposing his paid whore and bigotry and prejudice daily?
why are you defending this idiot...first the cattle man thief and now a prejudicial bigot...man, you back some real winners, galt.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1130899 May 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>such as 35A (c)...
(c) Any person who gives, makes, issues, authorizes or endorses any statement having, or designed to have, an effect prejudicial or detrimental to the best interests of basketball or of the Association or of a Member or its Team, shall be liable to a fine not exceeding $1,000,000 to be imposed by the Commissioner. The Member whose Owner, Officer, Manager, Coach or other employee has been so fined shall pay the amount of the fine should such person fail to do so within ten (10) days of its imposition.

no forced sale here.....

and fine limited to $1,000,000......

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1130900 May 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>a buck cheaper here...you CA freaks are just stupid..
Yea, California's tax on a gallon of gas is 71.3 cents (including the Federal tax of 18.4 cents). With all the automobiles we have, it is the price we have to pay to have cleaner air. Galt knows full well that Obama doesn't not control the price of gasoline. He just can't seem to escape the rut he is in of blaming Obama for everything, no matter how ridiculous.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1130901 May 3, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
So CIA the central agency that is specialized to protect is it?
Central to what and if you could place yourself in that MUSLIM placed on terrorism frame of mind...
You think it is to them fun in torture or would they plan if they so had need I mean an attack which would be precise I would think by now I mean they have been around how long???
It's a much of much so according to you or let me phrase it un personad what about 9/11???
To you who did what that day?
Anyway they centered and who's covering the rest?
Central to an area? How's your Neighborhood? I mean what is your Neighborhood like? Lot's of flow traffic stores places to keep busy etc?
Will you please learn how to speak English.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1130902 May 3, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction, the US economy is soaring for sane educated Americans. Apparently right wing morons are really having a tough go of it in their whiney miserable lives.
Keep squeaking louder. Maybe somebody will believe you:-)

St. Croix valley

#1130903 May 3, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
no shit...my life rocks..

you should have heard the fools earlier moaning about grocery prices and gas like the unemployed welfare queens they are...
Gilad

United States

#1130904 May 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, as usual you have it wrong..the report states that "800,000 people stopped looking for work OR QUIT WORKING." That's actually good news. People are confident enough in the economy to retire, quit work because of a disability or attend school full-time. You are still stuck on stupid.
Poor income students think this: You have to pay to go to college, and you have to work hard to get in! Or you can get paid to do nothing. Umm they are not that stupid! Their mentality is "my mom got paid to do nothing why would I work harder- it's a free income! Some one knock me up!! That's more money from the government!"

St. Croix valley

#1130905 May 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you please learn how to speak English.
he can. he just hides his lack of any intelligence by trying to be deep and mystical and shit with this non poetic crap of his...

if you piss him of enough, the real tinka comes out...sounds like a jersey Teamster...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min tyler 242,274
Letter to NFL Commissioners. 2 hr The Military 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Alyssa76 11,019
How Adam got Eve. 10 hr The Serpent 1
Trump Sounds like a fool 11 hr Don Screwball 3
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 11 hr Another Big Lie 1
Trump will lose Votes after today's speech 14 hr Tr ps No Deal 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages