Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264191 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1129574 May 1, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Many fkn idiots confuse weather with climate.
I see that when I read your inane propaganda.
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1129575 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>

So please forgive me if I find your kind of hatred infuriating.
Your reaction is exactly what the heartless, bullying prick wanted.
dem

United States

#1129576 May 1, 2014
If a liberal would have shared their husbands personal problems here, carols peers would openly wish for his death. That's because the truly fkd up azzholes here are all right wingers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129578 May 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
do you really think that other black folks think a person who gets paid by FOX to read from the white man's teleprompter for the explicit reason of denigrating blacks is anything but an Uncle Tom? would you like some examples of what they think of such a person? i can tell you this....it won't be pretty.
phony injun tell heap big lies.....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1129579 May 1, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumbass! Don't you know how insurance works? The cost of your medical care is spread out among those subscribers to whatever policy you've bought. That's the way it's always worked.
You keep ignoring the fact that many people aren't as lucky as you and your husband. They don't get sick days or vacations and thanks to Rick Scott and your Republican legislature don't even have any coverage at all.
But then again, it's all about you.
Yeah. They were lucky enough to be the type of person who gets up every day and goes to work on time and makes a career out of that and doesn't waste their money on gambling and booze and drugs and gets some rest so they can go to work in the morning while the unlucky people are doing thngs like playing basketball at midnight.

Want to change your luck? Get a job and show up for work every day on time. You're whole life will change.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1129580 May 1, 2014
NBA owner makes inappropriate comment (s) and has to go....

----------

Democratic KKK Senator gets to stay...

https://www.google.com/search...
dem

United States

#1129581 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>No...the picture has just become a helluva lot clearer over just the past few days - much less the past five years - and your vision is getting cloudier.

You're mistaking crazy for the lack of clarity on your part to see things as they really are.
No! You're crazy.
dem

United States

#1129582 May 1, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>I see that when I read your inane propaganda.
Howdy lil jagoff.
Ready for your constitutional class that I'm gonna shove up your midget azz?
dem

United States

#1129583 May 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>Your reaction is exactly what the heartless, bullying prick wanted.
If only you could stick up for yourself with such bravado, ma'am.
dem

United States

#1129584 May 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>Your reaction is exactly what the heartless, bullying prick wanted.
I know this is your slap me and run moment, but perhaps you'd like to point out the parts of my post that were both bullying and heartless?
It's true! carol should be concentrating on her husbands illness instead of petty topix gossip. Only a jagoff like you could say differently.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1129585 May 1, 2014
NBA owner makes inappropriate comment (s) and has to go...

----------

this guy gets to stay....

Democratic politician serves 8 years in prison and then starts campaigning for Louisiana's 6th district in 2014 election....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Edwards
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129586 May 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Palestine existed before Israel...that is a fact.
Palestine has always existed as a geographic region, but has never been a country.....
dem

United States

#1129587 May 1, 2014
Like when GUNNER openly wished for my death cause I hurt his feelings on topix.
Right, Eleanor?

"Hope you crash into a tree and kill yourself".

Any more questions why I treat gunner like the hypocrite jagoff he is?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1129588 May 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
I'm A-Wondering... Sterling, Bundy, Republicans and the Good Ole' Days of Slavery
Every society will produce it's share of misfits and crazy people. No society should be judged by them. But when a pattern emerges, we ignore it at our peril. And when powerful people embrace them, it's a crisis.
We need to tarry over the specifics only briefly. Cliven Bundy, the favorite of the Tea Party/armed militia/Sean Hannity wing of American society, a-wonders whether black folk were better off in slavery; ....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-brodsky...
I don't recall descriptions of the slave era including the morgues being stacked to the rafters with bullet riddled corpses of black men killed by other black men.
I don't recall descriptions of the slave era including entire societies of drug addicts losing all relationship with humanity.

We've all seen what the black ghettos are. I see the same thing with the meth heads.
I've come to the conclusion that the white meth heads would be better off as slaves. Why would it be racist for me to come to the same conclusion about crack heads?

Perhaps that's just too much logic. It's so much easier to twist a cynical comment from an unsophisticated person who has no experience conjuring up suave and evasive politically correct phrases to express what every goddam one of us here has seen with our own eyes.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1129589 May 1, 2014
NBA owner makes inappropriate comment (s) and has to go...

----------

this guy got to stay....

'In 1983 he was convicted in federal court for the misdemeanor of willfully failing to file federal income tax returns, and served ten months in prison. While in a prison camp at Maxwell Air Force Base he was re-elected to the Tennessee House, defeating two opponents in the primary and winning the November 1984 general election with 60 percent of the vote'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Burnett

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1129590 May 1, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Which hatred is that. Pointing out you are posting lies on topix instead of concentrating on your ill husband is not hateful. It's true. That's why you're mad.
Can't think about much of anything else lately.

Is it okay if I have an outlet once in a while?

It's not like my husband's on his death bed. He gets around and is his normal self. He's just having complications with one of his wounds and this is the second day in a row we've notified the nurses. Today, they said they'd get back to us at the end of the day knowing the problem started yesterday.

I won't even go into the lack of communication on the part of two on-call doctors and his surgeon the week following his surgery plus the ongoing confusion by his staff about post-op appointments. At least his surgeon wasn't too happy either and said she would find out who was responsible and why.

But here we are again today left to our own devices and hoping what seems to be a growing infection doesn't turn into sepsis before they care enough to call back again.

You get the picture.

On top of all of this, daughter is undergoing another procedure tomorrow.

But we're all going to watch one of our favorite shows I recorded together now.

And they come first.

So later, dem.

(Sorry Galt...TMI, I know...)
dem

United States

#1129591 May 1, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>I don't recall descriptions of the slave era including the morgues being stacked to the rafters with bullet riddled corpses of black men killed by other black men.
I don't recall descriptions of the slave era including entire societies of drug addicts losing all relationship with humanity.

We've all seen what the black ghettos are. I see the same thing with the meth heads.
I've come to the conclusion that the white meth heads would be better off as slaves. Why would it be racist for me to come to the same conclusion about crack heads?

Perhaps that's just too much logic. It's so much easier to twist a cynical comment from an unsophisticated person who has no experience conjuring up suave and evasive politically correct phrases to express what every goddam one of us here has seen with our own eyes.
Why Mr Bundy you are a heartless bully racist.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1129592 May 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows there are necessary, productive gov't regulations. What you leftists will never admit is many gov't regulations are unnecessary and stifling to small businesses.
What you righties don't want to admit is that you only want no regulations on your big-moneyed special interests ,but more political control on the rest of us .

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1129593 May 1, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy lil jagoff.
Ready for your constitutional class that I'm gonna shove up your midget azz?
Can you expolain to us what "shall not be infringed" means in the written English language?

How about providing the text from the Constitution that gives the President the authority to excuse anyone from any law.

Then, you can explain what "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" means in the written English language.

Give us the text from the Constitution that authorizes the government to establish boundaries on the land where the First Amendment applies, and outside those boundaries the Frist Amendment doesn't apply.

... this should get us started.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129594 May 1, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this going to help save lives at other US embassies by using what we've learned about what happened at Benghazi? Now that would be big news! Please explain why it's more important to determine how Benghazi was explained to the public immediately after the incident?
so that more American lives are not sacrificed in the future for the sake of political advantage......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Dr Guru 194,659
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min budd 54,342
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 6 hr chimpcago 1
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 7 hr The Cloud 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr CrunchyBacon 100,287
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 12 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 12 hr Magonigol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages