Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1759117 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Brad

Bolton, CT

#1130980 May 3, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
MArkets are up over 100% from the Bush lows.
Makes Obama the savior of the economy, in spite of resistance from nitwits.
How many trillions has Oblamer printed in QE monopoly money to artificially sustain the market and wall street?

What actually runs a vibrant economy is savings, investments, production, and limited government,not smoke and mirrors.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1130981 May 3, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point killtaker. For years the scientific community thought Pluto was a planet and man was not polluting the environment with fossil fuels. But now with more advanced technology we know that Pluto isn't a planet and man made pollution is causing climate change.
"we know"????

Emeem belongs to an exclusive club of starry-eyed, Gee-Wiz gullible wannabe scientist youngsters.

Gotcher Decoder Ring this month?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1130982 May 3, 2014
Trying to recover from watching the WH Correspondent's Dinner.

Sophomoric would be a compliment.

Lapeer, MI

#1130983 May 3, 2014
killtaker wrote:
Consensus in Science...
Earths Circumference...
'...(40,075.036 kilometers..."
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/a...
no....
it's...
"...(40,075.16 kilometers)..."
http://geography.about.com/library/faq/blqzci...
no....
it's...
'.... 40,075 km...'
http://www.universetoday.com/26461/circumfere...
How many Algores can dance on the head of an anthropically-induced polar vortex?

Attempting to measure the Earth's Circumference to this sort of accuracy is like measuring a tire's circumference while rolling at 70 MPH down a length of railroad ties.

Lunar and Solar tides plus countless lesser tugs from other planets at differing times of the year, etc., etc. cause mountains and continents and oceans to rise and fall with a tilting circumference, blah, blah, blah ....and then they want to get picky about a couple of decimal points?

That's about as dumb as Emeem claiming the economy is on fire....:->

Location hidden

#1130984 May 3, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Stop bullying the other posters make-believe adult.
You probably would've pee'ed your pants laughing at the WH Correspondent's Dinner jokes. It was actually too painful to watch.

Lapeer, MI

#1130985 May 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the "half page" defines the grounds for revoking a franchise....
contracts are what they say, not what you think they should say.....
unless you are the wise Latina on SCOTUS.....
"the wise Latina"...:-)

Her best part lies beneath her robe about half-way down. Sure beats what sits atop her shoulders.

Location hidden

#1130986 May 3, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
With any luck Obamacare will be repealed. Then see how your husband fares looking for insurance with a pre existing condition.
The GOP supported pre-existing conditions. Not another tax law.

Lapeer, MI

#1130987 May 3, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
So if Hillary attributed the death of the four Americans to a terrorist attack instead of the result of a response to a video then Americans would be safer?? Next time you tune into FOX take better notes.
Your reading comprehension skills are non-existent, doodette.

He wrote "Americans will be safer in the future without a fool like Hillary in charge"

Try again. Back up. Take the bag off of your head and get a flashlight.

Lapeer, MI

#1130988 May 3, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The scientific community does a much better job today, that's why educated people have confidence in their position on climate change.
You're having a good night killer.
An Affirmative Action Educated Fool in the Oval Office is what you consider "educated people" having "confidence" in their position on climate change.

You are cute but ineffective.

Location hidden

#1130989 May 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, I might add, it has taken a Democratic governor to turn California around and make it successful. Just as it took a Democratic president to turn American around. Do you see a pattern? When Democrats are in charge, work gets done. It's time to get rid of the Republicans who have deadlocked Congress.
USA Today
May 2013

LOS ANGELES — How bad and widespread are California cities' fiscal problems?

"Virtually ubiquitous and massive,'' says Rod Kiewiet, professor of political science at California Institute of Technology.

Apart from Silicon Valley and wealthy coastal areas, inland California still suffers depressed housing, foreclosures and double-digit unemployment — 14.1% in Stockton, 17.2% in Merced and a staggering 23.7% in El Centro. The Los Angeles metro area has unemployment of 9.9%; statewide unemployment is 9.4%.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Have things turned around that much in just a year?

Lapeer, MI

#1130990 May 3, 2014
killtaker wrote:
always believe the scientist...
‘Fraudulent scientific reports allowed industrial interests to mislead the medical establishment, the health authorities as well as the public. Already in the 19th century such a situation occurred. Scientists employed by an economic-industrial organization defended the policies of the lead industry in an attempt to discredit evidence presented to the US Congress regarding the exposure to tetraethyl lead. The data presented by the industry scientists did not invariably correspond to the truth.”
Wolman, M.(2004).‘Doctors' Errors and Mistakes of Medicine: Must Health Care Deteriorate?’. IOS Press : The Netherlands. Page 125.
Scientists are no different than crooked politicians, journalists, prostitutes or Liberals.
They can be bought.

They were bought during the inclusion of lead in paints. During the tobacco investigations. During investigations into asbestos-related deaths.

Scientists testify for and against in a court of law all the time.

They also get caught up in professional fads and PC just like many other humans.

Lapeer, MI

#1130991 May 3, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Stop bullying the other posters make-believe adult.
Hee, Hee.

You need more callous on your head and less on your palms:->
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1130992 May 3, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Evenin' loser. Nothin' better to do again today eh, moran?
What's the matter my little ruskie comrade?

Still pining away to be American?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1130993 May 3, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
my problem is your lead scientist...Al gore...
you need to find another one....
So... what does he have to do with Pluto son?

Lapeer, MI

#1130994 May 3, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
MArkets are up over 100% from the Bush lows.
Makes Obama the savior of the economy, in spite of resistance from nitwits.
nutsack sold (1) Whirligig last year.

This year, he sold (2)

His sales are up 100%, folks!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA......
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1130995 May 3, 2014
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
How many trillions has Oblamer printed in QE monopoly money to artificially sustain the market and wall street?
What actually runs a vibrant economy is savings, investments, production, and limited government,not smoke and mirrors.
So other than America, please point to an example in the real world today.....

Location hidden

#1130996 May 3, 2014
killtaker wrote:
always believe the scientist...
‘Fraudulent scientific reports allowed industrial interests to mislead the medical establishment, the health authorities as well as the public. Already in the 19th century such a situation occurred. Scientists employed by an economic-industrial organization defended the policies of the lead industry in an attempt to discredit evidence presented to the US Congress regarding the exposure to tetraethyl lead. The data presented by the industry scientists did not invariably correspond to the truth.”
Wolman, M.(2004).‘Doctors' Errors and Mistakes of Medicine: Must Health Care Deteriorate?’. IOS Press : The Netherlands. Page 125.
Scientists can be as biased as anyone on the planet. Those who support a political agenda they deem as mutual, they'll come up with the data. Doesn't have to be true or accurate.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1130997 May 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP supported pre-existing conditions. Not another tax law.
Huh?

Whaaaa????

Must be another country you're talking about....

Lapeer, MI

#1130998 May 3, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
OCCUPY WALL STREET would love to sit down and talk to you....maybe rape you or crap on your car....
Actually, Nutsack enjoys a Golden Shower more than anything else.

Lapeer, MI

#1130999 May 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably would've pee'ed your pants laughing at the WH Correspondent's Dinner jokes. It was actually too painful to watch.
For a second there, I thought you were going to say that frontporchreactionary *looked* in his pants and began laughing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 36 min The real Rudy 75
Arne Duncan's Unconstitutional Plan 1 hr Dont Breath MY Air 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 243,462
What are the best adult dating sites in Chicago ? 2 hr Englewood 4 2 bucks 9
If only Hillary had won. 6 hr SATANs lil HELPER 29
Talking with the Choir-2 6 hr F R E E D O M 9
Leslie I love you 8 hr SHEs used goods 2

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages