Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383255 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Campbell

Kingston, TN

#1129784 May 1, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Obama & Hillary lied, people died:
WASHINGTON — U.S. military personnel knew early on that the Benghazi attack was a "hostile action" and not a protest gone awry, according to a retired general who served at U.S. Africa Command's headquarters in Germany during the attack.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014...
Where were you hecklers when George W. Bush invaded the wrong country for the wrong reason and caused the deaths of 4500 young Americans and the wounding of 35,000? I might also point out that he and his administration told a documented 935 lies to make it happen.

As far as the four who were killed in Benghazi....they were drawing hazardous pay for every day they served. What makes them special over the other young soldiers just mentioned? Like Hillary said, "At This Point What Difference Does It Make??"
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1129785 May 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Diversions.
The Regime knows TMZ is more important to their base than news that will directly influence their lives.
Really? You think Benghazi directly influences regular folks' lives?
Patrick

United States

#1129786 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my first grievance after the surgery - that the surgeon didn't come out and talk to me directly. It was closing time on Friday so she probably had a party to go to or something.
The ER nurse is the only one who actually told us the right information. But we called the office the following Monday and the surgeon's staff told us our appointment wasn't until the following Tuesday as was written on the pre-op instructions by the pre-op consultant.
Contacting the surgeon directly isn't done for us peasants who don't have concierge care. You get an on-call doctor who claims to have contacted your surgeon and then gives them confusing information apparently.
Keeping a close eye on things. Not that serious yet to warrant an ER visit. I'll have no problem whatsoever demanding he be seen by the surgeon tomorrow. None whatsoever. I'm the picture in the dictionary under "squeaky wheel".
You should be able to see the surgeon after the operation.
Attitude often determines how you are treated.
Good Luck
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1129787 May 1, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were you hecklers when George W. Bush invaded the wrong country for the wrong reason and caused the deaths of 4500 young Americans and the wounding of 35,000? I might also point out that he and his administration told a documented 935 lies to make it happen.
As far as the four who were killed in Benghazi....they were drawing hazardous pay for every day they served. What makes them special over the other young soldiers just mentioned? Like Hillary said, "At This Point What Difference Does It Make??"
Actually, bushie boy invaded a country for no reason....
Patrick

United States

#1129788 May 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
That's some funny shit from someone who believes the tale coming from the WH regarding Benghazi.
When you have something of substance to add to the discussion instead of 45,000 ¨you're stupid¨ or ¨you're a parrot¨, get back to me. Until then I'll just keep laughing at you and your phony 'I know-it-all' BS.
Troll
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1129789 May 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're referring to the FBI agent's report about the flying lessons, I believe that got buried somewhere. Failing to connect the dots is what led to the creation of Homeland security. I don't believe that info ever reached the State Dept.
State Department??? LMAO

The lady FBI agent resigned over the ordeal__perhaps you should peruse the 9/11 Commission Report.

Colin Powell was the Secretary of State in 2001 BTW
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1129790 May 1, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She's under pressure now, her husband will be home for 3 weeks; "honey, what are you doing at the computer all day"?
Carol: "oh fer krisssakes, go out and fly your toy planes and leave me and Benghazi alone"
She should look on the bright side of things!
Once ObamaCare is repealed, her husband will NEVER be able to get health insurance with his pre existing condition!
Patrick

United States

#1129791 May 1, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
ACA seems to be working so they need to investigate the WMD in Iraq?
Patrick

United States

#1129792 May 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
once again, Realslime demonstrates that he is a hopeless political hack.....
Don't be modest ...your predictions on the thread have proved false.
Obama and Reid both won reelection.
-Angela
Patrick

United States

#1129793 May 1, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
She should look on the bright side of things!
Once ObamaCare is repealed, her husband will NEVER be able to get health insurance with his pre existing condition!
If you are familiar with hospitals you would realize
"the squeaky wheel"
may not be a good tactic ..........just saying.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1129794 May 1, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
What if you're wrong and scientists all over the world are right?
Hard to tell if your post is arrogant or stunningly stupid.
The point is, I'm right. Show me one instance where these experts have made an accurate prediction using their settled, indisputable "science". Here's just three:

-May 15, 1989, Associated Press:“Using computer models, researchers concluded that global warming would raise average annual temperatures nationwide [USA] two degrees by 2010.”

-1988 Rob Reiss asked official Climate Scientist Dr. James Hansen how the greenhouse effect was likely to affect the neighborhood below Hansen’s office in NYC in the next 20 years, whereupon Climate scientist James Hansen issues this prediction, to be fullfilled in 20 years, which is to say, doom by 2008:“The West Side Highway [which runs along the Hudson River] will be under water. And there will be tape across the windows across the street because of high winds. And the same birds won’t be there. The trees in the median strip will change….There will be more police cars….[since] you know what happens to crime when the heat goes up.”

-Michael Oppenheimer, 1990, The Environmental Defense Fund:“By 1995, the greenhouse effect would be desolating the heartlands of North America and Eurasia with horrific drought, causing crop failures and food riots…”(By 1996) The Platte River of Nebraska would be dry, while a continent-wide black blizzard of prairie topsoil will stop traffic on interstates, strip paint from houses and shut down computers…The Mexican police will round up illegal American migrants surging into Mexico seeking work as field hands.”
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1129795 May 1, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well__it sure fkd up the life of Ronnie Smith a teacher from Texas who was working in Benghazi at a school throughout the entire episode__with his wife and then a newborn.

Ronnie was murdered while on his morning run__just a short distance from the American Consulate.

Maybe Issa could subpoena Ronnie's wife eh?
Patrick

United States

#1129796 May 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Just further proof of the double standard.
Benniompson knows his place on the democrat plantation.
http://post.com/richard-grenell/reid-race-and...
In the real world

One of the most popular songs of all time, Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone," is going to auction this summer.

Sotheby's is offering a working draft of the finished song in Dylan's own hand for an estimated $1 million to $2 million.

The song is about a debutante who becomes a loner when she's cast from upper-class social circles.

The draft is written in pencil on four sheets of hotel letterhead stationery with revisions, additions, notes and doodles: a hat, a bird, an animal with antlers. The stationery comes from the Roger Smith hotel in Washington, D.C.

"How does it feel To be on your own" it says in his handwriting. "No direction home Like a complete unknown Like a rolling stone."
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129797 May 1, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
ACA seems to be working so they need to investigate the WMD in Iraq?
Those who have sense enough and live in the REAL world, realized a long time ago..TONS of WMD's were confiscated in Iraq, on a daily basis, Patrick.

(so quit trying to distort the TRUTH..there's been enough of that w/Benghazi)).
Patrick

United States

#1129798 May 1, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, I'm right. Show me one instance where these experts have made an accurate prediction using their settled, indisputable "science". Here's just three:
-May 15, 1989, Associated Press:“Using computer models, researchers concluded that global warming would raise average annual temperatures nationwide [USA] two degrees by 2010.”
-1988 Rob Reiss asked official Climate Scientist Dr. James Hansen how the greenhouse effect was likely to affect the neighborhood below Hansen’s office in NYC in the next 20 years, whereupon Climate scientist James Hansen issues this prediction, to be fullfilled in 20 years, which is to say, doom by 2008:“The West Side Highway [which runs along the Hudson River] will be under water. And there will be tape across the windows across the street because of high winds. And the same birds won’t be there. The trees in the median strip will change….There will be more police cars….[since] you know what happens to crime when the heat goes up.”
-Michael Oppenheimer, 1990, The Environmental Defense Fund:“By 1995, the greenhouse effect would be desolating the heartlands of North America and Eurasia with horrific drought, causing crop failures and food riots…”(By 1996) The Platte River of Nebraska would be dry, while a continent-wide black blizzard of prairie topsoil will stop traffic on interstates, strip paint from houses and shut down computers…The Mexican police will round up illegal American migrants surging into Mexico seeking work as field hands.”
Fox trolls are amusing and of course never wrong.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1129799 May 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>State Department??? LMAO
The lady FBI agent resigned over the ordeal__perhaps you should peruse the 9/11 Commission Report.
Colin Powell was the Secretary of State in 2001 BTW
My bad. Security advisor.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1129800 May 1, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who have sense enough and live in the REAL world, realized a long time ago..TONS of WMD's were confiscated in Iraq, on a daily basis, Patrick.
(so quit trying to distort the TRUTH..there's been enough of that w/Benghazi)).
Put down the crack pipe old lady.
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129801 May 1, 2014
Footnote: Someone explain the "chain of command" process to the wood-tick.
(as if America has forgotten the media reported "request denied".)
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129802 May 1, 2014
CHRISTIE/Paul/Ryan/Uncle Joe et al 2016!

FUNCTIONAL Leadership FOR All of America (INcluding the struggling working class masses) again-not divide, whine and drain against it!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1129803 May 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that give a hoot about Bush, but FDR was warned of a Japanese attack. No one knew where, when, or how.
That's not borne out by history. They knew exactly where the Japanese Fleet was. They didn't share the information, proven in Congressional Testimony afterwards. Commanders at Pearl were not warned there was an enormous Japanese task force approaching.

If you think it's a coincidence that there were no Aircraft Carriers at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked, I've got a bridge to sell you.

It was no sneak attack. It was a sacrifial lamb to get us into the war. We do it all the time.

"Remember Fort Sumpter"

"Remember the Maine"

'Remember the Lusitania"

"Remember Pearl Harbor"

"Remember 9-11"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Dr Guru 214,438
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Retired SOF 987
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr GEORGIA 6,161
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ize Found 70,604
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr CrunchyBacon 102,003
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr tina anne 59,496
Observations 7 hr A Noted Observer 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages