Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659093 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1130068 May 2, 2014
Donald Sterling shows the separate realities of Democrats and Republicans about race

The earliest polling on the Donald Sterling incident reveals a large partisan divide in public support of the NBA’s forcing him to sell the team—the league’s harshest possible punishment. According to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll, 68 percent of Democrats support a forced sale of the Los Angeles Clippers compared to just 26 percent of Republicans.

That wide partisan divide is not too surprising in light of other polls conducted this past year, which also suggested that Democrats and Republican have increasingly separate realities about race. The first figure below shows similarly sizable partisan differences in Americans’ reactions to Sterling’s punishment, the George Zimmerman verdict, and the Academy Award for ”12 Years a Slave”(hat tip to Jonathan Chait for the latter).

Democrats and Republicans did not always see racial controversies so differently. The figure below shows relatively modest partisan divisions in response to earlier high-profile race-related incidents. As can be seen, Democrats and Republicans responded similarly to a racially charged 1984 New York subway shooting, where Bernhard Goetz shot four African American youths who he claimed were going to mug him. Democrats and Republicans also reacted similarly to the O.J. Simpson verdict despite the huge racial divide in perceptions of his innocence. In the case most analogous to the Sterling incident, when radio personality Don Imus made insensitive racial comments, Democrats were only 16 percentage points more likely than Republicans to say that Imus should be fired from his show.

To be sure, there are many plausible reasons why these past and present racial controversies generated such different levels of partisan polarization. A large piece of the puzzle is that racial attitudes and partisan attachments have become more closely aligned in the Obama era than they were before Obama’s rise to prominence.

The final figure shows that the correlation between Republican Party identification and opposition to both affirmative action and interracial dating increased sharply in Pew polls conducted during Obama’s presidency. This increasing correlation persists even after accounting for other factors and is present in other surveys too, such as the General Social Survey and the American National Election Study.

Party identification is not the only political attitude that has become more polarized by racial attitudes in the Obama era. Policy preferences, voting in congressional elections, and even impressions of Portuguese water dogs (the breed of the Obamas’ dogs) have all become more influenced by race-related considerations. The growing racialization of American politics means that Democrats and Republicans will increasingly view race-infused controversies like the Zimmerman trial, the Sterling incident, and the Cliven Bundy stand-off through very different lenses.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-ca...

so the next time a nutjob says Obama has made racism worse....tell them to go look in a mirror.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130069 May 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
they're compounding the stupidity with the newest round of BS. beyond the nutjob sites, they'd be hard pressed to find the FOX narrative anywhere but those sites.
so i'm sorry nutjobs, but much like FOX, only nutjobs visit nutjob sites. well, i do on occasion, but, humor.
Another day of Sonic throwing a fit because no one believes his Left partisan sites.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130070 May 2, 2014
806k dropped out of labor force
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1130072 May 2, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
White NBA owner makes racist comments and has to go...
----------
Bernard Hopkins
'...At the age of 17, he was sentenced to 18 years in Graterford State Penitentiary for nine felonies including armed robbery...'
served 5 years....and>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >.
HE got to stay!!!!!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1013180-10...
fkoff who cares?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130073 May 2, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor don't deserve healthcare, they should drag themselves bleeding on their knees and beg.
The poor already had health care.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130074 May 2, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
fkoff who cares?
Apparently you do or you wouldn't have posted this silliness.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1130075 May 2, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
"God bless you Mr. President?"
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Sure weirdo, he will when he and the four patriots who were left to die in Benghazi by Obama give Obama the scumbag the thumbs down when his time comes.
no one was left to die in bengahazi...

why are still dancing on the graves of those brave americans?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1130076 May 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another day of Sonic throwing a fit because no one believes his Left partisan sites.
no one?

LMAO

context.....3 million FOXbots. 60,933,500 Republicans voted for Mitt. so 5% of those who voted for Mitt are FOXbots.

so, let's talk about 'no one' and who it really applies to.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130077 May 2, 2014
"The good news about health-care expenditures is that they’re propping up gross domestic product: Without soaring expenditure on health care, yesterday’s lackluster GDP estimates would have been negative, instead of a paltry 0.1 percent.

The bad news about health-care expenditures is that they’re, well, soaring:"

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-05...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1130078 May 2, 2014
what the reality based sites are saying.....

"Benghazi" still a broken-down hound that won't hunt

Like a dog that keeps burying and then digging up the same old tired, meatless bone, Republicans have now disinterred "BENGHHAAZZI!"

Charles Krauthammer says that newly released White House emails represent the long-sought "smoking documents." The courtly Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina is ranting about "the scumbags ... in the White House who lied about this.”“We have a major, major scandal,” says the hapless Rep. Jason Chaffetz.

What you have, boys, is nothing. With sufficient application of hot air, even a dying ember of a scandal might be made to emit a puff of smoke, but you lack even that.

What you do have is emails in which White House officials, a month before the 2012 election, discuss how to spin what was then known about the Benghazi attacks in order to present the Obama administration in a good light. It's exactly the type of strategizing that has occurred in every presidential administration going back to George Washington, even if we don't have the emails from George to prove it.

The Obama White House emails do not reveal any attempt to plot a cover up, or to distort, or in any way try to influence the official intelligence analysis of what had just happened in the attacks.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jay-bookman/2014/m...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1130079 May 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor already had health care.
That little black cloud always present...Are you related to Flack or is that just a bagger neurological disorder.
Rick

Eindhoven, Netherlands

#1130080 May 2, 2014
Stop the immortal rept humanoid world dictator! eveyone on tv,celebrities

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130081 May 2, 2014
New ObamaCare policies cost about 35 percent more and that increase can come in the form of higher premiums, higher deductibles or narrower networks," said Robert Laszewski of Health Policy and Strategy Associates.

In the latest Washington Post poll, 58 percent of consumers said the new law is causing higher costs while only 11 percent said it is reducing them.

That meshes with a new Kaiser poll that found the most common reason for remaining uninsured was not being able to find an affordable plan.

"They may be better off if they can get a subsidy, but the underlying costs are higher and they're going to be even higher next year," said John Goodman of the National Center for Policy Analysis.

Cost may also be one of the reasons the law remains unpopular.

In the Washington Post poll, 48 percent oppose the law, 44 percent approve. A Kaiser poll shows an even broader gap between unfavorable and favorable views, 46 to 38 percent."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/30/ne...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130082 May 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
no one?
LMAO
context.....3 million FOXbots. 60,933,500 Republicans voted for Mitt. so 5% of those who voted for Mitt are FOXbots.
so, let's talk about 'no one' and who it really applies to.
Another day of Sonic throwing a fit because NO one believes his Left partisan sites.
Rick

Eindhoven, Netherlands

#1130083 May 2, 2014
Stop the worlddictator immortal rept humanoid / demon
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1130084 May 2, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
"God bless you Mr. President?"
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Sure weirdo, he will when he and the four patriots who were left to die in Benghazi by Obama give Obama the scumbag the thumbs down when his time comes.
Do you dress up in your clown suit when you post? Have you ever considered charm school? Even you can't be dumb enough to actually believe that anyone pays attention to your irrational posts.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130085 May 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
what the reality based sites are saying.....
"Benghazi" still a broken-down hound that won't hunt
Like a dog that keeps burying and then digging up the same old tired, meatless bone, Republicans have now disinterred "BENGHHAAZZI!"
Charles Krauthammer says that newly released White House emails represent the long-sought "smoking documents." The courtly Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina is ranting about "the scumbags ... in the White House who lied about this.”“We have a major, major scandal,” says the hapless Rep. Jason Chaffetz.
What you have, boys, is nothing. With sufficient application of hot air, even a dying ember of a scandal might be made to emit a puff of smoke, but you lack even that.
What you do have is emails in which White House officials, a month before the 2012 election, discuss how to spin what was then known about the Benghazi attacks in order to present the Obama administration in a good light. It's exactly the type of strategizing that has occurred in every presidential administration going back to George Washington, even if we don't have the emails from George to prove it.
The Obama White House emails do not reveal any attempt to plot a cover up, or to distort, or in any way try to influence the official intelligence analysis of what had just happened in the attacks.
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jay-bookman/2014/m...
I see it really got under Media Matters skin when the ABC reporter questioned the loony Carney spin on this.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1130087 May 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another day of Sonic throwing a fit because NO one believes his Left partisan sites.
AHH, did that old bad Sonic make you cry again?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130088 May 2, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That little black cloud always present...Are you related to Flack or is that just a bagger neurological disorder.
You are truly an odd person.

LOL. The majority of Americans are not believing the LIES put out by the Obama admin.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130089 May 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
no one?
LMAO
context.....3 million FOXbots. 60,933,500 Republicans voted for Mitt. so 5% of those who voted for Mitt are FOXbots.
so, let's talk about 'no one' and who it really applies to.
LOOK at the polls Sonic. Pull your head out and look. Obama is underwater for foreign policy, Obamacare and economics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 8 min Biased Mayhem 107
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 3 hr Earl 9
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 243,098
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 7 hr Hillary Alinsky 14
Steal from Poor to pay the Rich 7 hr PAY ME 12
Trump is A 13 hr Commie Killer 189
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 hr what a russsh 11,595

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages