Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1761062 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1130189 May 2, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt if you speak for most people.
Your hatreds seem mixed with self centered..?
You lack of concern for your fellow man is noted.
Your - and Obama's - unrealistic idealism isn't going to change human behavior.

No matter how many insults you hurl or how many times you falsely judge others.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1130190 May 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are attempting to claim that the journalist who wrote the article was wrong. It was a quote from an article-nit wit!
S/he is clearly decades behind the times...

yes, it was a quote! good for you! you're like daddy's little helper there. good for you!

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1130191 May 2, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And you use fart news?
Better than a Left partisan site paid for by people with a political agenda.

Think Progress, Media Matters is not much different than using the DNC- same donors; different name of site.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1130192 May 2, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
To do what??? Post more stupid???? Hey if that helps your obvious psychological issues by all means.
don't respond to them if you think they are stupid...post your own links captain (small c) and show some courage...instead of being ugly....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1130193 May 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Boehner announces special committee to probe Benghazi attacks
long overdue.....

St. Croix valley

#1130194 May 2, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
A mammogram missed my wife's cancer. It was discovered by a doctor's examination in her office.
i think i would notice a single cancer cell in my girlfriend's breasts... i feel it is my duty and i take it seriously!

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1130195 May 2, 2014
Urkel meets Merkel again today.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1130196 May 2, 2014
"Look folks, I'll respect your opinion what I won't condone is your stupidity." - Homer

St. Croix valley

#1130197 May 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Correction: I should have stated that better.
The Dems have less than half of the vote. The Independents determine the elections and the polls are not favoring the Dems this fall.
The Independents play the largest part in elections.
yeah, wait until the dems start pounding the social issues and the electorate recoils in horror from the far right of the GOP ...AGAIN.....

the GOP has no defense in their plans for this tactic. none whatsoever...their self autopsy after the last debacle failed as miserably as the last election cycle did for them.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1130198 May 2, 2014
White NBA owner who made inappropriate comments has to go...

----------

Liberal whitey Sean Penn beats up Madonna and gets to stay...

'Sean Penn owning guns after domestic violence plea raises legal questions'

http://www.examiner.com/article/sean-penn-own...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1130199 May 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Boehner announces special committee to probe Benghazi attacks
The time has finally come for the truth to prevail.

St. Croix valley

#1130200 May 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to avoid my present situation going forward but husband had regular dermatologic visits and still diagnosed with melanoma. It wasn't there six months ago.
Many people will only see a physician if they notice something unusual first.
over two thirds of melanomas will not be on the skin...almost one third are in the lungs.. the rest are not detectable on the surface.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1130201 May 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
long overdue.....
More waste of taxpayers money. Will it never end with these Republicans?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1130202 May 2, 2014
Strong April jobs report also contains warning signs on labor market

But an increase in the number of people dropping out of the job market was the main reason the unemployment rate fell sharply to 6.3% from 6.7%, she said.

The civilian labor force shrunk by 806,000 in April and the participation rate fell by 0.4 percentage points to 62.8% after having increased for three straight months. The April figure matched December as the lowest labor force participation rate since the late 1970s.

"It's something we need to worry about," Swonk said. "That tempers the big number a lot."

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-m...

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-m...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1130203 May 2, 2014
"Republicans cannot govern but they sure know how to run a witch hunt." - Homer

St. Croix valley

#1130204 May 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's focus on people who live in the real world - educated or not.
Obama, for example, may be well-educated but has never had to live in the real world - at least not in this country. He took advantage of the privileges he was offered in a capitalistic system but sought out Marxists and adopted an anti-capitalistic ideology to form his vision of this country.
And promised to fundamentally transform it - and us - into that vision.
Give me a businessman who succeeded by his own drive and initiative in the real world any day. Someone who has led something, hired and fired employees and knows how to balance a budget and who appreciates - and has benefited from - a free market system whether educated in an Ivory Tower or not.
so we should focus on educating our citizenry. proven best ROI on so many issues such as this.

how does the tea party feel about paying for this? and the far right GOP?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1130205 May 2, 2014
White NBA owner who made inappropriate comments has to go...

----------

Jimmy Page kidnaps a 14 year old girl and gets to stay....in fact he made it into the RRHOF!!!!!!

http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/2013/10/24/...
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1130206 May 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i keep pointing out polls you yourself linked to when the people you parrot without actually understanding what it is you are aping told you to say...
and then i point out how these polls are referencing the unsubstantiated opinions of people that couldn't find the Crimean peninsula on a map if it was clearly labeled and they are attempting to talk about foreign policy..
much like you parroting things that people here everyday prove you have no idea what they mean...
too funny!
is there any reason at all you are still here making a total ass of yourself? shall we go aver the long, long, long and growing list of things you have openly lied about and made a total fool of yourself on? again....?
The list would be much shorter than the list of your lies and deflections.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1130207 May 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's focus on people who live in the real world - educated or not.
Obama, for example, may be well-educated but has never had to live in the real world - at least not in this country. He took advantage of the privileges he was offered in a capitalistic system but sought out Marxists and adopted an anti-capitalistic ideology to form his vision of this country.
And promised to fundamentally transform it - and us - into that vision.
Give me a businessman who succeeded by his own drive and initiative in the real world any day. Someone who has led something, hired and fired employees and knows how to balance a budget and who appreciates - and has benefited from - a free market system whether educated in an Ivory Tower or not.
You mean someone like George W Bush, the gifted son who was put into three different business and screwed them all up? And you can add the fourth one as a president...That was his worst screw up ever. Do you ever get tired of being wrong about damn near everything????? Talk about being blinded by politics.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1130208 May 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, wait until the dems start pounding the social issues and the electorate recoils in horror from the far right of the GOP ...AGAIN.....
the GOP has no defense in their plans for this tactic. none whatsoever...their self autopsy after the last debacle failed as miserably as the last election cycle did for them.
The polls show the Dems will fail to take over the House and at best hold a one person edge in the Senate.

The social issues are old and worn. When your best example of "war on women" is the dry cleaners charges more for a blouse, you have run out of issues.

You ranting on will not change this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 243,471
Trump is A (Oct '17) 1 hr Chilli J 769
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr honeymylove 12,321
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr honeymylove 2,615
President Donald Trump 1 hr Is the Great 1 6
REPENT SCIOTA ILL REPENT JESUS CHRIST FOREVER ... 4 hr REPENT 1
We needed a miracle...so God sent Donald Trump 5 hr FruitFlavoredFreda 3

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages