Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,036,701 - 1,036,720 of 1,079,850 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Mehbe one uf theez dayz, you wankers will figure out..weren;t any bushers running in DUH last two elections.
Fast FWD to the Yr 2099 when duh wankers is dem cwowds will still be heard via majikal media, led by goober ghost ofbump azzville..whining. in true lemming unison.."OMG..OMG...it awrl Fox/squawk/Beck/squawk/Palin/s quawk/but mostly a bushers fault."
(morons).
maybe someday the nutjob faction will admit that Bush walked Obama into the WH.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Right whiners complaining Obama didn't fix their mess fast enough while ignoring that Republicans have filibustered job bills while the House has done nothing but pass legislation that repeals, defunds or weakens the ACA.
Face reality Dave, Obama's jobs bills are pay outs to his big money supporters. Unions are taking a back seat to fat cats like Steyer. Yet you continue to support this sell-out POTUS

Since: May 11

Cashtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a community organizer do?
Community organizers go into poorer sections of cities to get neighborhoods to band together to help themselves.

They get organizations like churches to offer child care & they bring in job training & help people find jobs to work their way out of poverty.

Wow, helping people help themselves.

This is what you have been crying about, taking responsibility, & Obama did it & you are too f*cking stupid to know it.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do believe some on here are too young to remember the America you and I do.
Even if they're 21, they were just 15 when Obama was elected in 2008.
It would explain a lot. They don't have any reference of a once prosperous and thriving economy before the housing market collapse. They simply associate the economic crisis with Bush and, therefore, Republicans without looking any further to see which party put up the most resistance to prevent it and caused the mortgage crisis in the first place.
Still peddling that hogwash Carol? Which party was in charge when the housing bubble expanded beyond viability? It was the republicans. What party refused to regulate the market in mortgage backed securities and credit default swaps? It was the Republicans.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>"Two things Obama and Alinsky do have in common are their Chicago home bases and parts of their resumes. As NPR puts it,“President Obama proudly talks about his days as a community organizer in Chicago, and the late Chicagoan Alinsky ‘wrote the book’ on community organizing.”
“My only fixed truth is a belief in people, a conviction that if people have the opportunity to act freely and the power to control their own destinies, they’ll generally reach the right decisions.”
– Saul Alinsky to Playboy, 1972
Born in Chicago in 1909, the child of poor Russian Jewish immigrant parents, Alinsky majored in archaeology at the University of Chicago and later became a criminologist. But Alinsky’s true calling came in the late 1930s when he began work as a labor organizer. Later, he focused his attention on organizing communities against substandard living and working conditions in places including Chicago’s depressed Back of the Yards neighborhood, made famous in The Jungle by Upton Sinclair." Who is Saul Alinsky? http://bit.ly/1nZpqZh via @BillMoyersHQ
But, what does a community organizer do?

You point out some things most people are unaware of. Saul Alinsky was a conspirator in the communist front labor violence in Chicago immediately before Frank Marshal Davis (mentor and probable father of Obama) and Vernon Jarrett (father-in-law of Vallerie Jarrett) took over that role in the 40s before Frank Marshal Davis moved to Hawaii to organize the Communist Party USA there, where he met Stanley Dunham, who met a young Kenyan communist Barack Obama "Sr" at the Honolulu Airport in 1959, and was convinced to marry Ann Dunham after Frank Marshal Davis got her pregnant.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! The NSA was tapping Merkels phone back in 2002. Who was President then dumbass?
Bush-Bashing!

I would expect nothing less from the Resident Magic Negro Sycophant

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Black walnut? A black conservative?
Hmmm....
Good thing a conservative "black walnut" didn't win the presidency. You might have been sounded like a racist.
Racism towards blacks doesn't count if you are a self-righteous Progressive.

Since: May 11

Cashtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Emeemama wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot to mention Obama would not have been elected without blacks, who gave him over 93% of their vote, not that they're racist or anything. You also forgot to mention how blacks deserted Hillary and Bill in favor of Obama. You also forgot to mention you were arrested at that rally for public intoxication.
If you weren't so f*cking stupid you would know blacks typically vote Democrat by over a 85% margin.

HHH got over 90% of the black vote - are you saying HHH was black.

My God you people are dumber than sh*t.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
You can keep your doctor!
If this President tells you something, you can take it to the bank.

The river bank.

Toss it in and go home.
Emeemama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't so f*cking stupid you would know blacks typically vote Democrat by over a 85% margin.
HHH got over 90% of the black vote - are you saying HHH was black.
My God you people are dumber than sh*t.
Blacks like you have been slaves to the democratic party forever, which is why you are still enslaved. If you weren't so f*fcking stupid you would know blacks typically vote Democrat by over an 85% margin, but gave Obama even more because he was half black. HHH got over 90% because he was also a slave "owner" ... he owned the votes because people like you are still dumber than sh*t... LOL
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama would not have been elected without whites. I was at a rally here when the President flew in in AF One; when he arrived onto the stage; a young mother in front of me hoisted her little son onto her shoulders so he could see the President and the little boy said "Mom, he's brown like me"!
That says it all; that black people can always remember that they witnessed the first black President; that is a message that anything is truly possible.
We will feel the same way when Hillary is elected!
I totally agree with you that education is the answer.
"We will feel the same way when Hillary is elected!"

Why, is Hilary black?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are all pissy after you claimed any black who opposes Obama's policies is a Uncle Tom.
So this is your idiotic attempt to cover up your backwoods stupidity.
i was just responding to more of the 6 year epic of Republicans whining about losing the WH and trying to blame anyone but the guy they twice voted into office.

so i take it from your non-response that you did vote for Bush. my condolences.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news, Galt. When you repeat a stupid post, it is still stupid.
You finally figured that out out, eh?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone thought life was grand on the Titanic before it sunk beneath them in the middle of the Atlantic too. Even steerage passengers couldn't have been happier.
The country cannot sustain a deficit of 20 trillion and growing. The dollar is in danger of collapsing. And more people are unemployed than you're being told to believe.
Nevermind the unrest on the world stage with Putin being the strongest world leader.
Instead of fixing the economy and following the blueprint of presidents before him who pulled the country out of deep recessions in the same amount of time it took Obama to get ObamaCare passed, this administration seems to be deliberately pulling us further down.
Things aren't as grand as you seem to think.
What $20 trillion deficit stupid? Even the total debt isn't that high at about $17.5 trillion. As of the end of 2013 the deficit was$680 billion and was 37% less than it was for 2012. Still can't tell the difference between the total debt and the deficit Carol?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Right whiners complaining Obama didn't fix their mess fast enough while ignoring that Republicans have filibustered job bills while the House has done nothing but pass legislation that repeals, defunds or weakens the ACA.
You didn't answer the question.
Grey Ghost

Broad Run, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you like the kind of jobs that Obama created?
Giving the very "FACT" that he was handed eight years of total incompetence, two botched unnecessary wars, a congress who admitted that their only objective is defeating him, and not helping in the least to clean up their messes.If the Republicans cared as much about our country as they do about power and greed then we could be a lot further along with solving all of our problems. But when they have sheep like you to do their will and spread their fabricated stories daily,
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

After the Right Wing Media Machine Screams “Sterling Is a Democrat,” He Turns Out to Be a Republican

They do it every time — whenever a high profile public figure is caught uttering racist comments, or a whenever a sociopath commits mass murder, the entire right wing media machine immediately starts searching through public records to see if that person ever, in his or her entire life, donated to a Democrat or registered as a Democrat in an election. And if they find what they’re searching for, they immediately start ranting in unison that the person in question is proof that the “real racists” or the “real psycho killers” are actually, yes, liberals.

You can set your watch by this childish behavior. And when Clippers owner Donald Sterling was exposed as a racist, he became the latest example. From National Review right on down to the scummiest wingnut hate blog, they all fell into line and began parroting this nonsense, because someone dug up a handful of contributions to Democratic politicians in the early 1990s.

And as usual, the right wingers have egg on their faces again — because it turns out Donald Sterling is a registered Republican.

The point of making Sterling out to be a “liberal,” of course, is to perform the strange right wing ritual known as “I know you are but what am I?” in retaliation for their hero Cliven Bundy being exposed as a racist. But anyone with more than two brain cells can see the huge difference in these two cases: the right wing turned out en masse to support Cliven Bundy and praise him as a hero of the conservative movement, while no liberal or Democrat has uttered a single word of support for Donald Sterling.

But one thing is guaranteed — the next case of racism or violence that comes up, these deeply dishonest people will just start the same process all over again.

Read more at http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/43328...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush-Bashing!
I would expect nothing less from the Resident Magic Negro Sycophant
might i ask....is 'Magic Negro' racist?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Media Matters employees are bashing their employer for foot dragging the unionization of the organization.

"Media Matters employees often write in defense of organized labor, and our work has demonstrated the virtues of organizing through card-check and the perils of being forced through a protracted NLRB election process. It is fitting, then, that we’ve chosen to unionize and attempt to lead our own lives by the principles we regularly advocate for in our work.

The actions of Media Matters executives have placed employees in the impossible position of continuing to produce content espousing pro-labor values for an employer who is challenging our right to unionize. Not only is management subjecting Media Matters employees to arduous NLRB procedures, the actions of their attorneys indicate Media Matters executives object so tenaciously to our union that they appear willing to prevent employees from ever having the opportunity to vote on the matter.

Many Media Matters employees feel betrayed by the unexpected and unexplained path our leadership has taken in response to our efforts to unionize. Our desire to organize should be not a controversial or surprising turn of events at a progressive organization like Media Matters for America. We continue to hold out hope that our executives will change course in favor of the path the organization has long advocated."

http://www.seiu500.org/2014/04/statement-from...

The employees don't understand how an org that plays fast and loose with the truth could be total hypocrites when it comes to their employees.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Obama hits 41%, an all time low in his approval rating, and only 39% want Democrats in charge. According to MSNBC this makes Obama politically toxic going into the midterms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

95 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min PEllen 97,531
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min TRD 67,940
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 7 min PEllen 1
Abby July 25, 2014 9 min PEllen 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min LRS 174,623
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min truth 48,902
Amy 7-24 31 min Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 13 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••