Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1498520 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

United States

#1129811 May 1, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not borne out by history. They knew exactly where the Japanese Fleet was. They didn't share the information, proven in Congressional Testimony afterwards. Commanders at Pearl were not warned there was an enormous Japanese task force approaching.
If you think it's a coincidence that there were no Aircraft Carriers at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked, I've got a bridge to sell you.
It was no sneak attack. It was a sacrifial lamb to get us into the war. We do it all the time.
"Remember Fort Sumpter"
"Remember the Maine"
'Remember the Lusitania"
"Remember Pearl Harbor"
"Remember 9-11"
The FDR lie was destroyed years ago.
Japanese fleet observed radio silence.
ACA is working so fox trolls trying anything that sticks to the wall.
LOL

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1129812 May 1, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who have sense enough and live in the REAL world, realized a long time ago..TONS of WMD's were confiscated in Iraq, on a daily basis, Patrick.
(so quit trying to distort the TRUTH..there's been enough of that w/Benghazi)).
Put down the meth pipe, Flo.

You say a lot of stupid stuff, but let's see some proof of ""TONS of WMD's were confiscated in Iraq, on a daily basis, Patrick.""

Because both Bush and Cheney admitted they were wrong about the WMD's.

Offer some evidence, not your meth fueled rants.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1129813 May 1, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
More Than 8 Million Have Signed Up For Obamacare,
""Just over 8 million individuals signed up for health insurance via the Obamacare exchanges through April 19, according to an official report from the Department of Health and Human Services that confirms an announcement made by President Barack Obama last month.
During the six-plus months of the first open enrollment period for these marketplaces created by the Affordable Care Act, 8.02 million people chose a health plan. Sign-ups surged during March and April, when 3.8 million signed up for private coverage through the exchanges, according to the department's report. That total represents 47 percent of all enrollments.""
----------
Obamacare is working!!
Teabags will lose the fall elections by landslides.
A new Democratic majority is emerging.
Push the old white Teabags out of the way is their mission!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You're too gullible for your own good. That number proves nothing. 8 million just sounded credible enough for liberals such as yourself to believe and the rest of us to simply question. 10 million would have been too hard to pull off.

They predicted 7 million and said 8 million. Close enough for the gullible to believe.

How many of those weren't insured or on Medicare before? No mention of that either.

Location hidden

#1129814 May 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your parents have an asbestos furnace where you grew up?
They coated her with asbestos impregnated paste to keep her warm in winter. They told her to try not to breathe too much.

Location hidden

#1129815 May 1, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
The FDR lie was destroyed years ago.
Japanese fleet observed radio silence.
ACA is working so fox trolls trying anything that sticks to the wall.
LOL
Show me.

You want to buy the official line, be my guest.

American submarines hasd spotted the Japanese Fleet 3 days out. The JApanese maintained radio silence, th eAmerican subs didn't.

""On Sunday, December 7, 1941, Japan launched a sneak attack on the U.S. Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor, shattering the peace of a beautiful Hawaiian morning and leaving much of the fleet broken and burning. The destruction and death that the Japanese military visited upon Pearl Harbor that day — 18 naval vessels (including eight battleships) sunk or heavily damaged, 188 planes destroyed, over 2,000 servicemen killed — were exacerbated by the fact that American commanders in Hawaii were caught by surprise. But that was not the case in Washington.

Comprehensive research has shown not only that Washington knew in advance of the attack, but that it deliberately withheld its foreknowledge from our commanders in Hawaii in the hope that the "surprise" attack would catapult the U.S. into World War II. Oliver Lyttleton, British Minister of Production, stated in 1944: "Japan was provoked into attacking America at Pearl Harbor. It is a travesty of history to say that America was forced into the war."

Although FDR desired to directly involve the United States in the Second World War, his intentions sharply contradicted his public pronouncements. A pre-war Gallup poll showed 88 percent of Americans opposed U.S. involvement in the European war. Citizens realized that U.S. participation in World War I had not made a better world, and in a 1940 (election-year) speech, Roosevelt typically stated: "I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again and again: Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars."

You buy the bullshit. We haven't gotten into any war by accident or sneak attack.
Patrick

United States

#1129816 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too gullible for your own good. That number proves nothing. 8 million just sounded credible enough for liberals such as yourself to believe and the rest of us to simply question. 10 million would have been too hard to pull off.
They predicted 7 million and said 8 million. Close enough for the gullible to believe.
How many of those weren't insured or on Medicare before? No mention of that either.
New Broom ?

Again Carol is writing

"Surrender Obama"

across the sky over Emerald City.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1129817 May 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Palestine has always existed as a geographic region, but has never been a country.....
Palestine existed thousands of years ago. It's Isreal that never existed as a country until they decided to invade Palestine and self-declare the State of Israel. Even today, there are 32 member countries in the United Nations that do not recognize the State of Israel.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1129818 May 1, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
They coated her with asbestos impregnated paste to keep her warm in winter. They told her to try not to breathe too much.
I suspect some paint chips were involved also.
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#1129819 May 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.

OIL.

Location hidden

#1129820 May 1, 2014
dem wrote:
Free advice, Carol.
Treat your doctors like you would your mechanic or painter and DEMAND treatment. Truth is NOBODY cares about your husband like you do. You are paying for a service. Demand the best.
Call twenty fkn times an hour if you have too. It is in fact a matter of life or death whether now or later.
Should have said the nurse did call back yesterday. But the wound looks bad again today and we didn't get a call back today.

Have no problem being the squeaky wheel and getting oil when necessary.

Surgeons just aren't in their offices like medical doctors. They're usually in the OR and in the office only a few days a week. Will call our family doctor first and then see an ER physician if we have to.

But are you the dem we all know? Being nice?
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129821 May 1, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down the meth pipe, Flo.
You say a lot of stupid stuff, but let's see some proof of ""TONS of WMD's were confiscated in Iraq, on a daily basis, Patrick.""
Because both Bush and Cheney admitted they were wrong about the WMD's.
Offer some evidence, not your meth fueled rants.
When you can ask nicely, rather than in typical, ozombietic type, jackboot pathological lying azz ignorance-maybe I'll post you a link or two.

Until then-you know what you can do.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1129822 May 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Easy breezy__we just watched winter storms and frigid temperatures cripple the first quarter of the nations business. Sht happens eh?
The stock market survived__the mail got delivered and Coors Light cases are still selling for $17.95 per. This morning I purchased gorgeous boneless chicken breasts at Publix for $2.99 lb. Pork, beef and seafood are higher than giraffes nuts however. Gasoline is $3.59.9 here. I liked it better a few months back at $3.20.
SunRail took off today and after 12 hrs people seem to like it__and Verizon is adding 1000 jobs in Lake Mary.
How are things out there in the land of tornadoes and botched executions?
Obamabots blame the weather for failure of DemoKKKrat economic policies.....

and lite beer is still for sissies.....

gas here is $4.299......($3.59.9 is mathematically incorrect)......

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1129823 May 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the nominee is likely to be a Republican governor not named Christie....
the DemoKKKrat nominee will be an Obama surrogate.....
After claiming Hillary can't win its been 24 hours and Galt still won't tell us who he favors for president in 2016. Its like going into an ice cream store and when asked which flavor he wants he says "I hate vanilla".

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1129824 May 1, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not borne out by history. They knew exactly where the Japanese Fleet was. They didn't share the information, proven in Congressional Testimony afterwards. Commanders at Pearl were not warned there was an enormous Japanese task force approaching.
If you think it's a coincidence that there were no Aircraft Carriers at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked, I've got a bridge to sell you.
It was no sneak attack. It was a sacrifial lamb to get us into the war. We do it all the time.
"Remember Fort Sumpter"
"Remember the Maine"
'Remember the Lusitania"
"Remember Pearl Harbor"
"Remember 9-11"
Where did you get that information from? I would like to read it.
They knew the fleet left Japan, but I don't think they knew where it went. I believe they were thinking the Philippines.

Location hidden

#1129825 May 1, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
O-zombies are laughable and of course never right.
We don't lie about non existent draft cards.

You are the reason they have 'Stolen Valor" laws, to keep people from lying about make believe military service..

It happens a lot with people your age. You look back and everything is distorted. You imagine youthful tales of Brave Ulysses while in reality, you were a Dick Cheney type.

Location hidden

#1129826 May 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Care-giver is a tough role, Incognito. emotionally and physically draining..make sure you make some time, as brief as it may be, for you.(if possible, it is not always possible.)
do not feel guilty about it.
let me repeat that.... DO NOT feel guilty about it or it will not be "your" time. you cannot be a good caregiver when you hate what you are doing and yes, that can happen even when taking care of someone you love even more than yourself....(actually, that is the problem, you forget yourself and end up not taking care of yourself so you can do your job...)
best advice i can give you. good luck.
It's really not that bad. He stays off the leg as much as possible but can get around. It's more mentally exhausting for me worrying about one of his surgical sites now and the upcoming PET scan. But anytime your routine changes abruptly, it can get a little stressful.

But thanks for caring anyway. Really.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1129827 May 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What's an asbestos furnace old guy? As far as I know, furnaces & boiler are made out of metal. They used asbestos as insulation, idiot. You likely had a coal boiler in your time as a kid when you were bullying your little sister, coward.

Location hidden

#1129828 May 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope hubee is well.

All you do is come here and whine, Carol.

It's here. IT's here to stay.

Deal with it.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1129829 May 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
In today's press briefing, Jay Carney was asked about the number of Obamacare premium payments that have been made. In other words, the total number of people actually, factually covered, not including window shoppers and unpaid accounts.
"We dispute their numbers. We don't have hard, concrete numbers, but we dispute them," the press secretary reasonably explained.
The question followed a report from the House Energy Committee on how many enrollees had actually paid for their chosen Obamacare plans. The report stated,“as of April 15, 2014, only 67 percent of individuals and families that had selected a health plan in the federally facilitated marketplace had paid their first month’s premium and therefore completed the enrollment process.” Just one quarter of those who had paid into the system were young people aged 18 to 34 – the group the Obama administration most requires to sign up in order to provide solvency to the failing system. The bulk of those who signed up came from the 35-64 age group.
Carney says this is not data that is traditionally shared with government and emphasizes that the data is coming from "profit-making" companies. Chuck Todd was asking specifically about how many people included in the White House's own reported numbers as successful Obamacare enrollees - the number 8 million that is being touted and bragged about every day - aren't actually covered by insurance at this time, and whether that might change their success line by up to or in excess of one million people.
Carney's answer is that he doesn't know, but also no. They don't have the answer, but they dispute the answer anyone else might have. That's like having your cake and denying it, too.
"John Galt"
I believe you are wrong. The nobama numbers has the numbers. They know more than 1/3 of those who signed up have not paid a dime, they know that less than 25% of the young and healthy have signed up. They just do not want the public to know. Their coming off as ignorant to the facts is better than admitting nobamakare is a disaster. Democrats in tough races know that nobamakare is a disaster and are running from it.
Peace

Location hidden

#1129831 May 1, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid to ask what show?
Maybe you should take him to the hospital rather than wait.
Wanted to take him to the ER tonight to be on the safe side but he insisted on waiting until tomorrow and, hopefully, see our family physician. Surgeon won't be in the office tomorrow.

Doesn't seem that serious yet. Keeping a close eye on it. Thanks though for the advice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min District 1 237,863
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min Ize Found 71,400
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 63,405
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 3,030
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 1 hr Boo Madigan 24
News American Writers Museum to open in Chicago in May 2 hr Trump is the man 1
News Emanuel's 'people plazas' program struggling to... 2 hr Trump is the man 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages