Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1127972 Apr 29, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of our homeless aren't sick, they are sick of working and taking care of themselves. We don't have that many crazy people, many of these homeless have a penchant for drugs and alcohol. Many of these homeless could receive help from their families, I suspect their families got tired of supporting them when they wouldn't make the effort themselves.
Il Douche has had 6 years, what has he done for them?
Perhaps that is true in Colorado. But here in California, our homeless population is mostly comprised of the mentally ill who self-medicate themselves with alcohol and drugs.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1127973 Apr 29, 2014
Kerry desperate for a peace deal goes there....

Secretary of State John Kerry, under political fire, acknowledged late Monday that he warned recently that Israel risks becoming an "apartheid state" if Middle East peace efforts fail to produce a two-state solution with Palestinians.

Mr. Kerry said he wishes he had used a different term to describe Israel's risks, but lashed out at critics who said his choice of words showed him insensitive to Israel or unfit to be chief U.S. diplomat.

"I will not allow my commitment to Israel to be questioned by anyone, particularly for partisan, political purposes," Mr. Kerry said in a statement issued by the State Department.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

Well then, you shouldn't have gone there.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1127974 Apr 29, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
As the post you responded to stated. Only 39% of those polled wanted Dems in charge.
Funny how you just stopped talking about Cliven Bundy and his Range War with the BLM.

You were carrying his water for weeks. Now you've gone silent.

Why is that??

You prefer to keep your filthy racism under cover?? Thought so!!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1127975 Apr 29, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredible, just incredible
Is it any wonder these morons are so easily controlled by their wealthy handlers?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1127976 Apr 29, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Obama hits 41%, an all time low in his approval rating, and only 39% want Democrats in charge. According to MSNBC this makes Obama politically toxic going into the midterms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Eb9KN1Wa4TMXX
But Democrats held a razor-thin margin among registered voters for this fall's House elections, 45 percent to Republicans' 44 percent, according to the survey. Voters said they favored Democrats 43-35 percent on health care, 52-32 percent on issues facing the middle class and a whopping 55-25 percent on women's issues, so candidates may be able to capitalize on those particular strengths during their campaigns.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/poll-lo...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1127977 Apr 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you say and how often you say it. Obama has tainted everything he's touched. It's as obvious as the beer in your trembling hand. But since he's the first mulatto President, your main concern, even above the wellbeing of America, is that he can't be perceived as an abject loser. You can't point to accomplishments so you cry about how rough the road and steep the mountain. You unwittingly make my point.
Being blinded by ones political views along with the inability to hide your hatred and racism is impossible for you baggers to hide or for that matter even post without that coming to the forefront. Proving only that in bagger world do the inmates truly run the asylum. Clinton left Bush with a balanced budget,a surplus and no wars.And your party of simply "NO" have helped how??????

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1127978 Apr 29, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you right wing morons learn anything in 2012?
Fox News & other conservative polling:
Romney 51percent
Obama 49 percent
Reality:
Obama 53 percent
Romney 47 percent
Maybe you need to pay attention to the polls rather than copying from progressives sites.
Every since his "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" LIE-Obama's poll average number has never hit 50%
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1127979 Apr 29, 2014
Is conservatism as we know it on the path to extinction?

Jonathan Chait thinks so. "I believe this because the virulent opposition to the welfare state we see here is almost completely unique among major conservative parties across the world," he explains. "In no other advanced country do leading figures of governing parties propose the denial of medical care to their citizens or take their ideological inspiration from crackpots like Ayn Rand. America’s unique brand of ideological anti-statism is historically inseparable (as I recently argued) from the legacy of slavery. Whatever form America’s polyglot majority ultimately takes, it is hard to see the basis for its attraction to an ideology sociologically rooted in white supremacy."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

Location hidden

#1127980 Apr 29, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats, for once you didn't deny, dodge and dissemble, it's a start.
Obviously you were looking in the mirror when you made that statement but you were mistaken you always deny, dodge and dissemble. It is in your blood.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#1127981 Apr 29, 2014
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
What a load of bullshit!!!

Go back over thirty years. Jimmy Carter served a term and didn't fire a shot during his tenure. Bill Clinton served two terms without a war. "When Clinton Lied No Soldier Died!"

Along came show walkin', Slow Talking George and the shit hit the fan. He started two wars, one totally unnecessary, got about 6,000 young Americans killed and another 40,000 seriously wounded not to mention the untold number of suicides from ex troops with PTSD. An estimated 150,000 innocent Iraqis were killed in collateral damage and no telling how many were wounded. When George's invasion started over 2 million Iraqis left their homes and earthly possessions behind and fled to Syria and Jordan. There had never been a suicide bombing in Iraq's history before Bush invaded them. It's amazing what the Right's love of oil has done to destabilize this planet and everyone on it.

I was an active Republican for thirty years, even voted for Reagan one time but the modern Right Wingers Suck So Much That I'll Never Vote For Another One If I Live To 100.....that's 20 years from now. The Republicans, beginning with Reagan have slashed tax rates for the wealthiest Americans, continued to spend like a drunken sailor, borrowed trillions from foreign banks to cover the shortfall and effectively funneled all that borrowed money into the coffers of the wealthiest people in the country. It amazes me how draft dodging right wing assholes are so quick to commit other American's youngsters into foreign wars while not any of them ever serve or have to take a chance on their own family having to interrupt their ivy league educations to go and serve 10,000 miles from home and die in a desert which is not much more than an oilfield. Cheney's holdings in Halliburton's stock increased about $25,000,000 while the wars under George W. Bush were hot.

In case you haven't noticed Obama has killed Osama Bin Laden...a friend of the Bush family, brought an end to the bloody war in Iraq and is working on the other remnant of right wing asshole's follies in Afghanistan. You might think that Bush would have noticed that the soviet union was run out of Afghanistan after spending a decade over there in a fruitless endeavor.
'Course George w. Bush has never noticed much of anything. He's a big, dumb, wannabe Texas cowboy. The Right Wing is about finished in America....I give them less than ten years to either disband the party altogether or change their basic charter and rename it.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1127982 Apr 29, 2014
Emeemama wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot to mention Obama would not have been elected without blacks, who gave him over 93% of their vote, not that they're racist or anything. You also forgot to mention how blacks deserted Hillary and Bill in favor of Obama. You also forgot to mention you were arrested at that rally for public intoxication.
You forgot that Obama/ Biden 2012 wouldn't have been reelected without significant numbers of white men and women manufacturing workers ( U S Midwest auto workers ) and manual laborers ( Obama's national infrastructure Stimulus benefactors )

Location hidden

#1127983 Apr 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Unfortunately, that congratulatory message can't be extended to you, son!
Good Morning Yeah. I just realized that there have been 800 posts since I was last logged on. Time to jump them all. Please let me know if I missed anything worth reading.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1127984 Apr 29, 2014
Lily found a new brand of Vodka!
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredible, just incredible

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1127985 Apr 29, 2014
Hashtag girl forced to face Kerry's remarks - but doesn't really deal with them...

"MATT LEE, AP: I’ve got to go back to the secretary’s comments on Friday – to come at this from two ways. One, do you at least, or does he at least acknowledge that using a term like apartheid is offensive to a lot of Israelis and pro-Israel supporters?

JEN PSAKI: Well, I think his meaning of any comments he makes is his support for a two-state solution and his belief that it’s hard to see how the parties can prosper without it.

LEE: Right. Well, I understand. But using this word, the “A word,” I guess we can call it, is kind of a touch-button issue for many in the pro-Israel community, and many Israelis. Is the secretary aware of that?

PSAKI: Matt, I think many officials have used similar phrases that have been reported, and he’s aware of that as well.

LEE: Then — you mean many Israeli officials. How about American officials, who are supposed to be — you know, you guys are supposed to be the neutral — you know, the arbiter, the honest broker here. Are you aware of any other current — or an American official who has used apartheid while they were in the middle or still trying to — maybe near the end of a negotiation?

PSAKI: Well, Matt, he certainly didn’t say “is.” He said — reports are that –
dem

United States

#1127986 Apr 29, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you need to pay attention to the polls rather than copying from progressives sites.
Every since his "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" LIE-Obama's poll average number has never hit 50%
Lol! The hillbilly skank is gonna try her 'paw' at prognosticating elections again?
Have you no shame?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1127987 Apr 29, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you need to pay attention to the polls rather than copying from progressives sites.
There is nothing in the ACA that determines your insurance coverage network.

It is between you & your insurance company.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1127988 Apr 29, 2014
The GOP and Israel

Scott McConnell concludes that Jeb Bush has learned nothing from his brother’s failures:

His appearance at Sheldon’s event is an early and important indication. It’s perhaps not decisive, but it is clear that he has concluded there’s nothing wrong, politically or morally, with paying homage to a loyal-to-Israel warmonger. For all those who might have hoped Jeb had learned something useful from the failed presidency of his brother, it’s a pretty clear indication. Most probably, he has not.

That’s true. The more dispiriting news from the recent “suck-up fest” in Las Vegas is that the same is true of virtually all Republicans with any interest in running for president. The GOP over the last few years has gone from being a reflexively hawkish “pro-Israel” party during the Bush years to being one that eagerly caters to the most fanatical kinds of “pro-Israel” views without even trying to pretend otherwise. It has gone from being almost completely uncritical in its support for hard-line Israeli policies to becoming a party dominated by mindless yes-men on anything related to the country. Even George W. Bush could bring himself to say the phrase “occupied territories” at the start of his presidency, but now that is something that aspiring Republican candidates are apparently not permitted to say if they don’t want to be perceived as lacking in “pro-Israel” zeal. Bush at least feigned interest in a two-state solution, but it seems less and less likely that most of the potential 2016 candidates will even bother paying the idea lip service.

To some extent, this can be explained by the desire to appear more hawkish than the administration, which requires Republican politicians to take increasingly hard-line positions in order to attack Obama for “weakness.” Another factor is the near-unanimity in conservative media in favor of a “pro-Israel” hawkish line on Iran, Palestine, and any other related issues. Uncritical support is simply taken for granted, and becomes a litmus test for maintaining one’s standing on the right. Most of the 2012 candidates were climbing over one another in their eagerness to express just how total and undying their devotion was. Whatever the reasons may be, the Republican Party has become far more uniform and intense in its “pro-Israel” views than it used to be, and it is becoming this way at the same time that the country as a whole is becoming much less so.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1127989 Apr 29, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
What does an 'alter boy' do??
Does the good priest alternate you and Ed on licking his Holy Relic??
I enjoyed your lies about counting the money, though. ROFLMAO
As if they're stupid enough to let their child sex toy count the collection money..........
Old DB is the modern day Walter Mitty.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1127990 Apr 29, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Obama hits 41%, an all time low in his approval rating, and only 39% want Democrats in charge. According to MSNBC this makes Obama politically toxic going into the midterms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Eb9KN1Wa4TMXX
and yet democratic candidates individually still have an edge over republicans, when you get past the soundbytes and leading questions of the poll...
http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1160a1O...

see page four of the survey data...

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1127991 Apr 29, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Is conservatism as we know it on the path to extinction?
Jonathan Chait thinks so. "I believe this because the virulent opposition to the welfare state we see here is almost completely unique among major conservative parties across the world," he explains. "In no other advanced country do leading figures of governing parties propose the denial of medical care to their citizens or take their ideological inspiration from crackpots like Ayn Rand. America’s unique brand of ideological anti-statism is historically inseparable (as I recently argued) from the legacy of slavery. Whatever form America’s polyglot majority ultimately takes, it is hard to see the basis for its attraction to an ideology sociologically rooted in white supremacy."
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
and people wonder why, as a conservative, i do not support the current iteration of the GOP....

i am not sure they can even spell conservative any more....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Agents of Corruption 51,411
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min PEllen 99,162
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 15 min boundary painter 7,959
Ask Amy 3-1-15 18 min boundary painter 2
Abby 2-28-15 19 min boundary painter 6
Dear Abby 3-1-15 21 min boundary painter 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 45 min Not Yet Equal 51,342
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 184,849
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future