Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1127771 Apr 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
good old Sarah
Palin: If I were president,'Waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists'
The former Alaskan governor told the crowd at the National Rifle Association's annual convention that if she were in charge, waterboarding is how the United States would "baptize terrorists."
Yahoo News
sadly, the majority preferred the lying failure Il Douche
yes, this idiot would use a technique proven to not get credible intel. one designed specifically not to get good intel but to get prisoners to say what you want them to. like the Gitmo prisoner that admitted to so many false plots while being waterboarded..

and idiots like you just sheeple along behind her mindlessly..

(how else could you do anything, though...really..)

Minnesota's North Coast

#1127773 Apr 28, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one!
clearly he does not...but hey, not understanding what he parrots never stopped that fool!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1127774 Apr 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
She's pandering for votes, nothing more, Daffy, quack,quack
awww.... poor lost baby...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1127775 Apr 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Cat got your tongue, Run a Mug?
lol! poor baby.

I know the cat got your tongue son! And he spat it out too!

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#1127776 Apr 28, 2014
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the supreme court think again?
From what they should care for they care for next to nothing is what I came to understand what they said on the radio about them, Media and that I seldom can listen to anymore either...

in a city...

#1127777 Apr 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>clearly he does not...but hey, not understanding what he parrots never stopped that fool!
Well at least *YOU* are save behind *YOUR* computer...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1127778 Apr 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats, for once you didn't deny, dodge and dissemble, it's a start.
lol! Unfortunately, that congratulatory message can't be extended to you, son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1127779 Apr 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
As predicted, here's Daffy quacking away.
You are here after all son.

Why state the obvious?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1127780 Apr 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
pity
Toyota moving US base from California to Texas
TORRANCE, California (AP)— Toyota delivered a surprise pink slip to California on Monday, announcing the company would move its U.S. headquarters and about 3,000 jobs from the Los Angeles suburbs to the outskirts of Dallas.
Associated Press
I guess they had enough of California's BS
You obviously missed Galt's post.

Oh well. It's not like reading or comprehension was ever your strong point anyway, eh?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1127781 Apr 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
good old Sarah
Palin: If I were president,'Waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists'
The former Alaskan governor told the crowd at the National Rifle Association's annual convention that if she were in charge, waterboarding is how the United States would "baptize terrorists."
Yahoo News
sadly, the majority preferred the lying failure Il Douche
Amazing how she uses religion as a weapon against people eh?

Sort of reminds you of the Inquisition doesn't it? Must bring back fond memories for ...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1127782 Apr 28, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>Well at least *YOU* are save behind *YOUR* computer...
ummm...my words still carry their full weight whether face to face or continents apart...

i guess you don't understand that. nor do the many here who toss out lies in such a cavalier fashion as if their word and worth and name means nothing to them...

this is pretty evident in those like you who create elaborate fake personas in a futile attempt to make your meaningless words seem more than they really are...

but hey, have fun with your little fantasy...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1127783 Apr 28, 2014
And the news just keeps piling in for Duke!

"Durham commissioners approve resolution pushing for coal ash legislation
Posted: Apr 28, 2014 10:01 AM HST Updated: Apr 28, 2014 5:07 PM HST
by WNCN Staff

DURHAM, N.C.-

The Durham County Board of Commissioners approved a resolution Monday to request legislation in reaction to the massive coal ash spill at Duke Energy's Dan River Steam Station.

Board Chair Michael Page said they plan to write a letter to Governor Pat McCrory and to the NC Department of Environmental Resources requesting they pay "close attention to the environment" and "protect the people of North Carolina."

On Feb. 2, 82,000 tons of coal ash and 27 million gallons of contaminated water escaped a drainage pipe after it collapsed under a 27-acre waste pond in Eden, N.C. Durham County commissioners are expected to discuss a resolution, which, if passed, will request the General Assembly to take up legislation to address the spill.

Earlier this month, Duke Energy filed an appeal after a judge order the company to take immediate action to clean up its coal ash pits. Duke argued that it needed more time or else the cleanup "will impose significant material costs on Duke Energy and its customers as well as potentially affect its ability to generate power."

The resolution, however, asks for legislation to protect utility customers from any rate hikes that may be related to Duke's clean-up costs, and requiring Duke to pay all clean-up costs.

In citing the Environmental Protection Agency's "high hazard" rating for 29 of Duke Energy's 37 coal ash ponds across state, the resolution also asks the General Assembly to consider legislation prohibiting the placement of additional waste into any existing coal ash ponds.

Commissioners say the resolution aligns with the county's "Environmental Stewardship" goal, which calls for action to "protect our environment through planned growth, conservation, preservation, enhancement and restoration of our natural and built resources."

One of the objectives of the county's "Environmental Stewardship" goal is to "Change behaviors to achieve environmental quality.""
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1127784 Apr 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
about time this lying loser was held accountable
The media is turning on President Obama
With multiple crises spiraling out of control around the world, stories about the Obama presidency are taking on the air of postmortems. What went wrong, who’s to blame, what next — even The New York Times is starting to recognize that Dear Leader is a global flop.“Obama Suffers Setbacks in Japan…
New York Post from R
Though they will still make the effort to minimize his culpability, the majority of media leftists know that blaming republicans (and/or conservatives and Tea Party members) 6 years into The Messiah's presidency is futile.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1127786 Apr 28, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Though they will still make the effort to minimize his culpability, the majority of media leftists know that blaming republicans (and/or conservatives and Tea Party members) 6 years into The Messiah's presidency is futile.
lol! All reich wingers do is bitch and moan.

It'll be interesting to see who they trot out on the stage when the time comes!!!

Minnesota's North Coast

#1127787 Apr 28, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
blaming them for what?

you should make sure you get the full script for what you parrot...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1127788 Apr 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
And the news just keeps piling in for Duke!
"Durham commissioners approve resolution pushing for coal ash legislation
Posted: Apr 28, 2014 10:01 AM HST Updated: Apr 28, 2014 5:07 PM HST
by WNCN Staff
DURHAM, N.C.-
The Durham County Board of Commissioners approved a resolution Monday to request legislation in reaction to the massive coal ash spill at Duke Energy's Dan River Steam Station.
Board Chair Michael Page said they plan to write a letter to Governor Pat McCrory and to the NC Department of Environmental Resources requesting they pay "close attention to the environment" and "protect the people of North Carolina."
On Feb. 2, 82,000 tons of coal ash and 27 million gallons of contaminated water escaped a drainage pipe after it collapsed under a 27-acre waste pond in Eden, N.C. Durham County commissioners are expected to discuss a resolution, which, if passed, will request the General Assembly to take up legislation to address the spill.
Earlier this month, Duke Energy filed an appeal after a judge order the company to take immediate action to clean up its coal ash pits. Duke argued that it needed more time or else the cleanup "will impose significant material costs on Duke Energy and its customers as well as potentially affect its ability to generate power."
The resolution, however, asks for legislation to protect utility customers from any rate hikes that may be related to Duke's clean-up costs, and requiring Duke to pay all clean-up costs.
In citing the Environmental Protection Agency's "high hazard" rating for 29 of Duke Energy's 37 coal ash ponds across state, the resolution also asks the General Assembly to consider legislation prohibiting the placement of additional waste into any existing coal ash ponds.
Commissioners say the resolution aligns with the county's "Environmental Stewardship" goal, which calls for action to "protect our environment through planned growth, conservation, preservation, enhancement and restoration of our natural and built resources."
One of the objectives of the county's "Environmental Stewardship" goal is to "Change behaviors to achieve environmental quality.""
a letter from the county commissioners.....

ROTFLMFAO.....
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1127789 Apr 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm...my words still carry their full weight whether face to face or continents apart...
i guess you don't understand that. nor do the many here who toss out lies in such a cavalier fashion as if their word and worth and name means nothing to them...
this is pretty evident in those like you who create elaborate fake personas in a futile attempt to make your meaningless words seem more than they really are...
Yeah, like arrogant, know-it-all azzholes who think their Topix opinions carry weight across continents.

You'd be amusing if you weren't so pathetically narcissistic.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1127790 Apr 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
this would mean closing all the plants.....

and a hot, dark summer in North Carolina.....

in a city...

#1127791 Apr 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm...my words still carry their full weight whether face to face or continents apart...
if you want to call it that a little ordeal you have free will don't you? And oh yeah free America...I can still attest to that shopping in the east sector of Berlin well further east behind the wall seemed far much more fun than listening to YOUR AMERICAN RADIO, because if I was on that end on Amerikanisch had anything to do with Politics, could speak to Authorized Personal addressing Congress? We can write them sure but really what they are doing is sometimes it seems they are nothing but hiding things still and to what a scene is in their of what has become to Government...I find it to be really not a joke..

Though it is easy to say what a joke and listening to you and what you think you know about personas really just states or hey so it tells me you ought to know more about it than me!!

Future attempts to person....what?

Oh Futile elaborations and what is meaningless to name ? Claim nothing than either as to your KNOWLEDGE is?

Where do you stand on the rector scale in Life HUMANITY and Society?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1127792 Apr 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
a letter from the county commissioners.....
ROTFLMFAO.....
I know, I know.

We're talking the governor being in the pocket of Duke here.

But hey, the people have to start somewhere!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min RayOne 52,377
Amy 3-30-15 28 min Julie 31
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Rogue Scholar 05 185,928
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr x-ray 71,702
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr taroB 69,316
Abby 3-30-15 3 hr tiredofit 10
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr CDC 51,885
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]